Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 143357 times)

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1080 on: February 04, 2022, 08:18:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Went out skating today and noticed my back wheel poking out of my deck(I ride 8.38 deck with 144 trucks so that shouldn't happen).

Apperently the axle slipped.

My experience with the trucks is kinda rough honestly. First, the kingpin got loose. Then the pivot cups broke. And then this. All within 2 months.(I mostly skate ledges and slappys)
I'm back on my indys now. Never had any problems like that with my indys. (at least not so soon in the life of the trucks)
I gotta say I don't regret purchasing them at all. I support what Oski is trying to accomplish. If he ever tries to make a Lurpiv 2.0 I'll definitely buy a pair.
[close]
That's fucked up. I know they are new company but 90+ euros is fucked up for trucks that last two months and have that many problems.
[close]

As much as i agree with this, im sure you could send them a message and theyd send you new hangars. Theyve been incredibly responsive with everything that ive come to them with and so far every defective part has been replaced for free
Don't get me wrong, they seem like really great company with really awesome customer service and i hope they succeed to fix the problems. But for the consumers point of view, this really sucks.

Jchao93

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1081 on: February 04, 2022, 09:31:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Went out skating today and noticed my back wheel poking out of my deck(I ride 8.38 deck with 144 trucks so that shouldn't happen).

Apperently the axle slipped.

My experience with the trucks is kinda rough honestly. First, the kingpin got loose. Then the pivot cups broke. And then this. All within 2 months.(I mostly skate ledges and slappys)
I'm back on my indys now. Never had any problems like that with my indys. (at least not so soon in the life of the trucks)
I gotta say I don't regret purchasing them at all. I support what Oski is trying to accomplish. If he ever tries to make a Lurpiv 2.0 I'll definitely buy a pair.
[close]
That's fucked up. I know they are new company but 90+ euros is fucked up for trucks that last two months and have that many problems.
[close]

As much as i agree with this, im sure you could send them a message and theyd send you new hangars. Theyve been incredibly responsive with everything that ive come to them with and so far every defective part has been replaced for free
Their customer service is fantiastic, they sent me new kingpins and pivot cups, but I don't think I'm going to because even if they do, the hangers would still have the same problem as mine.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1509
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1082 on: February 04, 2022, 09:35:21 AM »
I would not only for a replacement, but also so they could inspect what went wrong so they can figure out how to prevent it for 2.0 version.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1083 on: February 04, 2022, 09:51:23 AM »
I would not only for a replacement, but also so they could inspect what went wrong so they can figure out how to prevent it for 2.0 version.

This was my thought, Could provide some insight as to how it happened/how to eliminate the problem

logjammin

• Rep: 355
« Reply #1084 on: February 04, 2022, 09:57:55 AM »
Starting out as bad as Ace did, if not worse, for a more expensive truck with the consumer being the beta tester.

disclosed

• Rep: 188
« Reply #1085 on: February 04, 2022, 10:00:24 AM »
to be fair i would wish they just did a normal axle. they making wider sizes now too and i don't know if they're gonna hold up even if they're rheocasted.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1086 on: February 04, 2022, 10:09:47 AM »
I don’t see Lurpiv being around in 5 years.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1087 on: February 04, 2022, 10:23:49 AM »
If they didn't have all the other positives that people have described, then they might be gone, but royals just put out their best trucks so I wouldn't be too quick to prognosticate their disappearance.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1088 on: February 04, 2022, 10:28:35 AM »
Lurpivs are just like Saab. My friends Dad was all about Saab and they had these goofy features like all the window switches being in the center console. They drove fine, but always had weird issues and were in the shop.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1089 on: February 04, 2022, 10:37:33 AM »
Searched for Lurpiv hashtag on insta and found this meme:

Couldn't help but laugh cause it's kinda true.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1090 on: February 04, 2022, 10:55:47 AM »
NGL that's pretty funny

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #1091 on: February 04, 2022, 10:59:15 AM »
Lurpivs are just like Saab. My friends Dad was all about Saab and they had these goofy features like all the window switches being in the center console. They drove fine, but always had weird issues and were in the shop.
Saabs were also overengineered to the point of them alledgedly having to sell some models at a loss (the 9000). The one Saab I owned was in the shop 10 times over the 2-3 years I owned it.

So yeah, sounds about right.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1092 on: February 04, 2022, 11:02:46 AM »
Searched for Lurpiv hashtag on insta and found this meme:

Couldn't help but laugh cause it's kinda true.
Best thing i've seen today

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #1093 on: February 05, 2022, 09:54:42 AM »
It's a real fukn bummer how many problems these had. In a weird way me being too broke for new luxury trucks may have been a blessing. I know it's not really a fair comparison but theeve (a company everyone shits on) never had half these problems. I guess it was also simpler times back then tho they only had to be better than an Indy stage 9

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1094 on: February 05, 2022, 10:25:19 AM »
I finally got some grinds out of the Lurpivs. They grind impeccably but not (yet) better than the Indies, but I just touched the surface and the indies had nice groves. I am happy with them so far. I can ride them without risers which means that my set up is actually lower than it was on the Indies.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

slothrop

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1095 on: February 09, 2022, 11:38:43 AM »

this guy is slap right?

So before he woke up, I shaved off my eyebrows, too. That way, whenever he woke up the next day, he’d probably say something like, “Hey, you don’t have any eyebrows!”
“Neither do you.”
That w

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1096 on: February 09, 2022, 08:51:36 PM »
any german truck brands?
id pay to try an overengineered truck
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #1097 on: February 09, 2022, 09:01:42 PM »
any german truck brands?

Polster trucks are German. Their Titan model looks interesting. Cheaper than Ti Thunders and supposedly lighter as well.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

zozu

• Rep: 123
« Reply #1098 on: February 10, 2022, 01:53:25 AM »
this guy is slap right?

my kingpins arent really loosening yet (tighten them like once a week) but I might try this tomorrow.

I actually have a pack of hardware store nuts like the one he used that I bought to replace axle nuts. Never actually got around to using them since they are too tall to fit on an axle with washers but they will probably go on the lurpiv axles too.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1099 on: February 10, 2022, 04:29:22 AM »
Expand Quote
any german truck brands?
[close]

Polster trucks are German. Their Titan model looks interesting. Cheaper than Ti Thunders and supposedly lighter as well.

My buddy has Polsters. They don‘t look overengineered to me. Feels like Thunder as far as I can tell from quickly trying them. He rides them flush but they don‘t turn like I am used to from Indy and now Lurpiv.

Talking of Lurpiv, I noticed that the stock bushings don‘t rebound nicely. What are other Pals using? I have soft bones lying around but they might be too soft.
why come?

IpathCats

« Reply #1100 on: February 10, 2022, 04:39:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
any german truck brands?
[close]

[close]

My buddy has Polsters. They don‘t look overengineered to me. Feels like Thunder as far as I can tell from quickly trying them. He rides them flush but they don‘t turn like I am used to from Indy and now Lurpiv.

Talking of Lurpiv, I noticed that the stock bushings don‘t rebound nicely. What are other Pals using? I have soft bones lying around but they might be too soft.

Damn for real? I thought the bushings were actually one of the good points on lurps. I ran them tighter than usual.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1101 on: February 10, 2022, 04:44:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
any german truck brands?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn for real? I thought the bushings were actually one of the good points on lurps. I ran them tighter than usual.

I am running them flush on the regular kingpins.
why come?

IpathCats

« Reply #1102 on: February 10, 2022, 05:26:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
any german truck brands?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I am running them flush on the regular kingpins.

I weigh roughly 170, I have 2-2 1/2 threads showing. I like my trucks medium-loose id say? Though i was able to skate the lurps tighter than normal, felt like i didn't lose out on turn and got a lot of stability.

IpathCats

« Reply #1103 on: February 10, 2022, 06:00:33 AM »
any german truck brands?

As an e30 owner/bimmer fanboy, I have zero interest in turning my skateboard into a constant project like that lol.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1104 on: February 10, 2022, 06:01:12 AM »
I love their regular bushings… stable and surfy. Rebounds fine to me.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1105 on: February 10, 2022, 08:31:08 AM »
Expand Quote
any german truck brands?
[close]

I follow Polster on the gram. Would definitely like to try them.

laterskater

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1106 on: February 10, 2022, 09:21:53 AM »
I really liked the Lurpiv bushings. They have a deep turn and good rebound.

I’ve been running Ace bushings in them lately and I prefer them to the Lurpiv bushings, but only slightly.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #1107 on: February 10, 2022, 09:33:59 AM »
any german truck brands?

These are so spot on that I just have to post 'em, even though they are for the downhill connoisseurs only. Sorry:
https://allboardssports.com/g-o-g-bb3-truck/
https://www.instagram.com/gogtrucks/

With Polster's I have been wondering for some time whether they are a Thunder clone or not.  Sideview on both looks pretty much identical.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1108 on: February 10, 2022, 10:17:13 AM »
Yeah Polsters are pretty much a Thunder clone. There’s really nothing special about them, only the price point, in Europe at least. I tried my friends board once that had them and they felt fine, but also nothing really remarkable about them.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #1109 on: February 10, 2022, 10:48:05 AM »
any german truck brands?

@off I gotchu fam

https://www.surf-rodz.com/grindsz