Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 143370 times)

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1560 on: November 27, 2023, 02:28:34 PM »
so are they going to call the bushings cloud cush just for funsies?

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #1561 on: November 27, 2023, 02:39:50 PM »
Not to dog pile or slam someone in the skate community seeking success, but how these trucks got off the ground is beyond me.

They really aren't aesthetically pleasing and those first couple runs had a lot wrong with them. At least Slappy Trucks is doing something in between and Indy and an Ace, whereas Lurpiv is a total mystery. What type of experience are they aiming for? It's felt like a half baked idea from the jump
Super Champion Fun Zone

manysnakes

« Reply #1562 on: November 27, 2023, 02:46:36 PM »
At least Slappy Trucks is doing something in between and Indy and an Ace, whereas Lurpiv is a total mystery.

Are they? I’ve never skated either, but just from seeing the two, I’d say Lurpiv has a much stronger identity than does Slappy, which looks like a chintzy Indy knockoff you get on a complete from CCS.

logjammin

• Rep: 355
« Reply #1563 on: November 27, 2023, 05:21:58 PM »
Not to dog pile or slam someone in the skate community seeking success, but how these trucks got off the ground is beyond me.

They really aren't aesthetically pleasing and those first couple runs had a lot wrong with them. At least Slappy Trucks is doing something in between and Indy and an Ace, whereas Lurpiv is a total mystery. What type of experience are they aiming for? It's felt like a half baked idea from the jump

I thought it was neat showing how they were made and it was a local place in Sweden which is unique as far as any skate hardgood goes. But after that first failed attempt I don't see them taking off enough across the industry to come back, let alone be super profitable for him. I'll eventually buy a set though, if these ones get good reports of the QC and he at least put a solid axle through the whole hanger.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #1564 on: November 27, 2023, 05:34:02 PM »
Expand Quote
At least Slappy Trucks is doing something in between and Indy and an Ace, whereas Lurpiv is a total mystery.
[close]

Are they? I’ve never skated either, but just from seeing the two, I’d say Lurpiv has a much stronger identity than does Slappy, which looks like a chintzy Indy knockoff you get on a complete from CCS.

Slappy (based on what I've looked and read about) have sought out a price/experience that blends Indy and Ace, which is why they look like both of them I think. And the name "Slappy" likely implies that the trucks are highly compatible with doing slappies.

Having a strong Euro truck brand is a big plus, so I do see the aim for that, but beyond that I didn't see much exciting from the brand/direction for Lurpiv
Super Champion Fun Zone

Vexed

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1565 on: November 27, 2023, 05:40:27 PM »
This is the ideal truck sizing convention imo.
140 - 145 - 150 - 160 wow

The 1mm is stupid and I don’t care what the precise width of the hanger is.  EU should pass a law or some shit.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1566 on: November 27, 2023, 10:51:58 PM »
Because the skateboard truck world needed some more numbers

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1567 on: November 28, 2023, 12:40:33 AM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1568 on: November 28, 2023, 03:01:13 AM »
No thank you.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 837
« Reply #1569 on: November 28, 2023, 03:07:31 AM »
Being made in Sweden was the best part. Shame they didn't do more R&D before the first batch.
Best of luck to Oski but I think the market is over saturated.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 317
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1570 on: November 28, 2023, 06:25:35 AM »
i'll try them out tbh if offered at a decent price

so designed in Sweden, made in China?

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1571 on: November 28, 2023, 06:44:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Slappy (based on what I've looked and read about) have sought out a price/experience that blends Indy and Ace, which is why they look like both of them I think. And the name "Slappy" likely implies that the trucks are highly compatible with doing slappies.

Having a strong Euro truck brand is a big plus, so I do see the aim for that, but beyond that I didn't see much exciting from the brand/direction for Lurpiv

I am happy for anyone buying slappy trucks and enjoying them but every truck is fully capable( I realize that's not your whole arguement). There's no harm in either of these companies being around and personally I love the look of lurpiv. They also had an absolutely amazing turn on the V1's.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1133
« Reply #1572 on: November 28, 2023, 06:49:48 AM »
lurpivs look cool. It's the only reason I like them. The only factory about trucks I care about is weight. Turn and geometry really don't matter to me at all. Hopefully these hollows can work out.

It will be interesting to see a relaunch. Truck companies don't usually get a second chance.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 703
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1573 on: November 28, 2023, 07:35:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Slappy's are not really a blend of Indy and Ace imo. If you ask me they are almost identical to Forged Baseplate Indy's which is what most people ride nowadays anyway. they have the same geometry. Imo the big difference of Ace is the geometry which pushes the wheelbase in and creates a different timing and carve feeling.

Slappy are the pretty much same height as all indy Hollows / titaniums (forged baseplates are 53.5mm) because Slappy doesn't do cast plates. so all of Slappy's trucks are the same height at 53mm. The only really unique thing they are doing is offering the indy Standard truck on a forged plate (Indy standard trucks are all on Cast plates which boost them up to 55mm)

Showerface

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1574 on: November 28, 2023, 08:08:15 AM »
I'm down the the 'Piv

YMCMB

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1575 on: November 28, 2023, 08:57:17 AM »

The 1mm is stupid and I don’t care what the precise width of the hanger is.  EU should pass a law or some shit.
Listen, I'm Canadian and think metric is generally better, but since the decks are sized in inches, why not trucks?
I think Slappy does it, but it was actually 8", 8.25" etc not 5.25, 5.5 or some bs like Tensor.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1576 on: November 28, 2023, 09:34:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Slappy's are not really a blend of Indy and Ace imo. If you ask me they are almost identical to Forged Baseplate Indy's which is what most people ride nowadays anyway. they have the same geometry. Imo the big difference of Ace is the geometry which pushes the wheelbase in and creates a different timing and carve feeling.

Slappy are the pretty much same height as all indy Hollows / titaniums (forged baseplates are 53.5mm) because Slappy doesn't do cast plates. so all of Slappy's trucks are the same height at 53mm. The only really unique thing they are doing is offering the indy Standard truck on a forged plate (Indy standard trucks are all on Cast plates which boost them up to 55mm)

Slappy are 54 and only do cast plates. Their WB is shorter than a forged Indy as well.

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1577 on: November 28, 2023, 01:23:45 PM »
lmao still riding my gen 1 lurpivs no problem. Insane how most skaters have never heard of loctite.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1578 on: November 28, 2023, 01:55:15 PM »
lmao still riding my gen 1 lurpivs no problem. Insane how most skaters have never heard of loctite.

The issue is that you shouldn’t have to use loctite to begin with.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1579 on: November 28, 2023, 03:45:00 PM »
Lmao still driving my 96 toyota corolla no problem. Insane how most people have never heard of duct tape

Vexed

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1580 on: November 28, 2023, 05:25:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Listen, I'm Canadian and think metric is generally better, but since the decks are sized in inches, why not trucks?
I think Slappy does it, but it was actually 8", 8.25" etc not 5.25, 5.5 or some bs like Tensor.

I just want it standardized tbh.

The Krux/Slappy model is fine, and the 5.25/5.5 is fine too (imperial hanger width). But fuck Ace and Thunder, wtf are those.

I probably won’t skate Lurpivs but like their sizing  8)

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -474
« Reply #1581 on: December 01, 2023, 06:54:59 PM »
they need to give joey walder a pair to try. if he endorses it i'll try it

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 551
« Reply #1582 on: December 01, 2023, 07:27:55 PM »
Being made in Sweden was the best part. Shame they didn't do more R&D before the first batch.
Best of luck to Oski but I think the market is over saturated.

But the 1st run they bolted an axle to a sawzall and turned it on! Isn’t that enough? You heathens want everything!
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Is this the jig they devised to shake the truck and simulate skating?
[close]

seems so. maybe not to simulate skating per se  but more so to test the grubscrew i guess . Was posted in the last lurpiv post on Instagram but i dont think they really need to test it that way more so just a quicker test i mean the dude (John Magnusson) works at Bryggeriet skate school im sure they did alot of testing there you'd hope
Seems they deleted that video.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 08:01:31 PM by Plan9Customs »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1583 on: December 02, 2023, 06:58:47 AM »
Bushings are ugly but the first run supposedly turned really well, was pretty stable, and pinched better than Ace or Indy. Basically everything Slappy does without being Slappy, which seems solid.

After I found out Slappy was sending trucks to YouTubers for review like a budget Cariuma sales model and did the Zumiez collab it seems like they blew it at a chance to be an improved alt Ace/Indy.

YBOS

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1584 on: December 06, 2023, 11:27:06 AM »
Lurpiv comeback 2024

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1312
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1585 on: December 06, 2023, 12:13:57 PM »
I know a guy through online means that was flowed a pair of the new ones and bent the shit out of the hangers. He doesn't want to say anything cause he's trying to get on but I'm trying to tell him he needs to tell them asap to avoid them closing shop again (this guy is not heavy and mainly skates transition).

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 703
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #1586 on: December 06, 2023, 12:40:06 PM »
Can someone please tell me the height and geometry in relation to an Indy?

I didn’t realize Slappy were actually cast plates and 54mm height. I thought I read on tactics they were 53mm. I knew they were slightly different geometry to Indy but from what I could tell it was very close.

southphillytapwater

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1587 on: December 06, 2023, 04:41:31 PM »
I also want to know Lurpiv's height and wheelbase before considering trying a pair.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 551
« Reply #1588 on: December 06, 2023, 06:42:18 PM »
I know a guy through online means that was flowed a pair of the new ones and bent the shit out of the hangers. He doesn't want to say anything cause he's trying to get on but I'm trying to tell him he needs to tell them asap to avoid them closing shop again (this guy is not heavy and mainly skates transition).

Hell, if he won’t try and snap a spy pic and send it to Oski. Seems they can’t catch a break with the QC. But yeah, they need to know that’s happening BEFORE they hit the market.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #1589 on: December 06, 2023, 07:37:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hell, if he won’t try and snap a spy pic and send it to Oski. Seems they can’t catch a break with the QC. But yeah, they need to know that’s happening BEFORE they hit the market.

Aren't these new ones made in the same factory as Ace? I had a pair of Ace when they had first come out and one side of my hanger was bent to all hell. Went back to skating indys after that.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.