Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 143349 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 837
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1590 on: December 07, 2023, 04:02:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know a guy through online means that was flowed a pair of the new ones and bent the shit out of the hangers. He doesn't want to say anything cause he's trying to get on but I'm trying to tell him he needs to tell them asap to avoid them closing shop again (this guy is not heavy and mainly skates transition).
[close]

Hell, if he won’t try and snap a spy pic and send it to Oski. Seems they can’t catch a break with the QC. But yeah, they need to know that’s happening BEFORE they hit the market.
[close]

Aren't these new ones made in the same factory as Ace? I had a pair of Ace when they had first come out and one side of my hanger was bent to all hell. Went back to skating indys after that.

I swear the first batch of Acs's were bent from the factory! Had a homie send me some for christmas in 2015 and either they were bent from the factory or I bent them doing flat ground in my garage.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1591 on: December 07, 2023, 04:52:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know a guy through online means that was flowed a pair of the new ones and bent the shit out of the hangers. He doesn't want to say anything cause he's trying to get on but I'm trying to tell him he needs to tell them asap to avoid them closing shop again (this guy is not heavy and mainly skates transition).
[close]

Hell, if he won’t try and snap a spy pic and send it to Oski. Seems they can’t catch a break with the QC. But yeah, they need to know that’s happening BEFORE they hit the market.
[close]

Aren't these new ones made in the same factory as Ace? I had a pair of Ace when they had first come out and one side of my hanger was bent to all hell. Went back to skating indys after that.
[close]

I swear the first batch of Acs's were bent from the factory! Had a homie send me some for christmas in 2015 and either they were bent from the factory or I bent them doing flat ground in my garage.

Old aces weren’t bent… they came with more material in the center which made it look kinda bent. But then they did end up bending tho ahaha

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1592 on: December 07, 2023, 05:42:10 AM »
They still have this anti wheelbite design, with how the pivot cup area is designed. I recall Gifted Hater talking about it. Im all for that. Experience with that?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1312
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1593 on: December 07, 2023, 06:15:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ok the guy I know didn't bend the hanger, it was the baseplate which is weird as fuck. He snapped the board near the nose and the corner of the baseplate bent up? I know it sounds like bs without posting the pic but I don't want to fuck his situation up in case someone from lurpiv lurks here.

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1594 on: December 07, 2023, 06:02:32 PM »
Heard from a friend of a tester that the hangers are cracking near the yoke

sounds like a really legit source bro

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -474
« Reply #1595 on: December 07, 2023, 06:32:52 PM »
just buy royals problem solved.

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #1596 on: December 07, 2023, 06:36:23 PM »
Price is still way too high. Gonna be 70 for reg and 80 for hollows. The 70 is fine i suppose, but the only other truck that hits that price really is AF-1 hollows. that seems awfully expensive for unproven gear.

I will say after looking at the catalog it looks way more professional, and looks like a typical company that goes through keen dist.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #1597 on: December 07, 2023, 10:22:01 PM »
If it’s the same factory as ace…and it looks like it is…they get the manufacturing dialed soon enough….aces have been fine for awhile….makes you think twice though why anyone would spend more for them….

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1598 on: December 08, 2023, 03:34:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The tester is a sponsored pro that is currently on Indy. I don't have pics, but the individual who relayed the news has been correct about every bit of info he's ever leaked such as Reynolds going to NB (before it was on Slap)
Do we trust sponsored pro or euro tm more?

Boog

• Rep: 202
« Reply #1599 on: December 08, 2023, 04:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The tester is a sponsored pro that is currently on Indy. I don't have pics, but the individual who relayed the news has been correct about every bit of info he's ever leaked such as Reynolds going to NB (before it was on Slap)
[close]
Definitely sponsored pro.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1600 on: December 08, 2023, 05:30:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Old aces weren’t bent… they came with more material in the center which made it look kinda bent. But then they did end up bending tho ahaha

Hahaha they defo were not the best. I gave away that set-up to this girl and told her to buy new trucks when she could afford it.

I'll get a set of Lurpiv's when my local gets them in stock.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 812
« Reply #1601 on: December 08, 2023, 06:22:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Definitely sponsored pro.

euro tm of anybody's trust

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #1602 on: December 08, 2023, 08:37:21 AM »
Price is still way too high. Gonna be 70 for reg and 80 for hollows. The 70 is fine i suppose, but the only other truck that hits that price really is AF-1 hollows. that seems awfully expensive for unproven gear.

I will say after looking at the catalog it looks way more professional, and looks like a typical company that goes through keen dist.

I don’t mind 70 for the regular models.
Definitely looking forward to trying them and throwing my hangars from my older pair.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1603 on: December 08, 2023, 08:43:53 AM »
One more time?  What do these trucks turn like?  From what I recall from the GH review….not like aces….seemed really ‘stable’ aka Venture aka….dont turn….

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #1604 on: December 08, 2023, 09:28:51 AM »
GH is wrong if he even tried implying they don’t turn like Ace. They turn quite a bit like Ace, but feel less squirrelly.

Do you get deja vu, huh?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1605 on: December 08, 2023, 09:43:24 AM »
If they turn nice and pinch better than Ace/Indy I will be trying a set of the hollows for sure.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1606 on: December 08, 2023, 09:54:23 AM »
Honestly, I love Lurpivs aside from the loosening kingpin. They grind exceptionally over very rough surfaces.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1607 on: December 09, 2023, 04:50:18 AM »
One more time?  What do these trucks turn like?  From what I recall from the GH review….not like aces….seemed really ‘stable’ aka Venture aka….dont turn….

Not the reality at all. They turn on a dime... super responsive and quick. I could do super tight loops in them. I went after back to Ventures and it took me a minute to get used.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1608 on: December 09, 2023, 06:42:25 AM »
Gotcha, so between an Indy and a an Ace?  Same turning radius as an Ace but maybe a hair less responsive? 

If it’s the same factory, it’s Paris trucks no?  They do Royal and Ace….people have their preferences but the QC has been good. 

The price is kinda out there but it wasn’t the downfall last time and if you had to pick something skaters are a bit koo-koo over….its trucks.  Maybe once they get settled in the price will drop or maybe the rest of the market will catch up.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1609 on: December 09, 2023, 07:06:07 AM »
Gotcha, so between an Indy and a an Ace?  Same turning radius as an Ace but maybe a hair less responsive? 

If it’s the same factory, it’s Paris trucks no?  They do Royal and Ace….people have their preferences but the QC has been good. 

The price is kinda out there but it wasn’t the downfall last time and if you had to pick something skaters are a bit koo-koo over….its trucks.  Maybe once they get settled in the price will drop or maybe the rest of the market will catch up.

I didn’t really notice any lesser turn-ability going from Ace to Lurpiv, to answer your question.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Deadringer

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1610 on: December 09, 2023, 12:23:00 PM »
Had a look at these last week, surprisingly light. I might not bother with the hollows.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1611 on: December 10, 2023, 07:16:50 AM »
55mm and hollow

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1312
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1612 on: December 10, 2023, 07:24:17 AM »
Is anti wheel bite actually something most people want? I had v1 lurpivs and crooked grinds felt insane with my wheel hovering before making contact with the deck. Anti pinch.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1613 on: December 10, 2023, 08:14:30 AM »
Is anti wheel bite actually something most people want? I had v1 lurpivs and crooked grinds felt insane with my wheel hovering before making contact with the deck. Anti pinch.

But did it even work? I had 52mm wheels and I still had wheelbite once in a while. Definitely had the wheel marks on my deck. I think what was making them wheelbite less was the fact they were really tall trucks and not so much the "tech".

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #1614 on: December 10, 2023, 08:18:38 AM »
I dig the visuals so far. They remind me of car ads from the 70s.

ish_wav

• Rep: 101
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1615 on: December 10, 2023, 08:23:59 AM »
Looks like I’m adding these to the pile of trucks I try once and never touch again.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #1616 on: December 10, 2023, 08:24:33 AM »
What's the point of tapering the hanger ends? Probably nice on rails and coping, but wouldn't it lead to weird lock ins on ledges? You'd grind the top of the ledge instead of the corner?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1617 on: December 10, 2023, 09:59:28 AM »
Minor weight reduction, your wheels overlap that part mostly.

The hollows are actually pretty light in their respective sizes. As someone that rides a lot of 8.38s the 145 sound cool.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 703
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1618 on: December 10, 2023, 11:13:02 PM »
Is the anti wheelbite just a ball point pivot like Fury had?
Man I loved fury’s

This is actually the only way to get a hollow truck at 55mm without using risers.
Are these forged or cast baseplates?

I wish they would have scaled the height down a tiny bit on the skinnier models to be honest. I think only thunder does that.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1619 on: December 10, 2023, 11:50:19 PM »
Is the anti wheelbite just a ball point pivot like Fury had?
Man I loved fury’s

This is actually the only way to get a hollow truck at 55mm without using risers.
Are these forged or cast baseplates?

I wish they would have scaled the height down a tiny bit on the skinnier models to be honest. I think only thunder does that.
Dude those Fury's were the shit, + that thing on the baseplate so you only needed the screwdriver. Majestic.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.