Author Topic: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.  (Read 64809 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.
« Reply #840 on: September 30, 2021, 01:48:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
28 pages on a typo
[close]

Are you going to respond to @Mittens' well worded criticisms, or continue to be a parasitic presence on skateboarding as a subculture?

Your presence and actions literally detract from all of the positive work and the negatively affects the growth that females/non-binary folk have been doing and experiencing in skateboarding, respectively.

Fuck you.
[close]

No I don’t respond to mansplaining
berra let me ask you something g money

BL0B

• Rep: 420
« Reply #841 on: September 30, 2021, 02:20:21 PM »
28 pages on a typo

are you saying the pants price was a typo, cause everything on the site went up in price? wasn't just one pair of pants.

quackquack

• Rep: -424
« Reply #842 on: September 30, 2021, 03:14:57 PM »

I just wish I had more hands, so I could give them pants four thumbs down.
Oh, the places you'll go.

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -68
  • eight equals d
« Reply #843 on: September 30, 2021, 03:17:27 PM »
So who is gonna bite the bullet and buy a pair so we can review em?
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #844 on: September 30, 2021, 03:40:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
28 pages on a typo
[close]

Are you going to respond to @Mittens' well worded criticisms, or continue to be a parasitic presence on skateboarding as a subculture?

Your presence and actions literally detract from all of the positive work and the negatively affects the growth that females/non-binary folk have been doing and experiencing in skateboarding, respectively.

Fuck you.
[close]

Ok gatekeeper guy.
This whole shit show is exactly why gatekeeping is needed. Let everyone in they say and then you get this bullshit.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #845 on: September 30, 2021, 04:05:02 PM »
marissa DM me

mushroom slice

« Reply #846 on: September 30, 2021, 04:18:53 PM »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #847 on: September 30, 2021, 05:25:33 PM »
29 pages on a typo
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
« Reply #848 on: September 30, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »
May I remind everyone of a feature located  on the lower right-hand corner of any given post.

The Ignore feature.

You press it, and you no longer have to read posts written by people who complain about lack of nuance on forums, yet don’t bother to show any in their own writing, people who derail conversations, and when people do actually take the time to write long, nuance-filled posts, dismiss those posts with one-liners.

Press that button and no longer have your time wasted by insincere people who have no interest in adding anything valuable to the discussion.

And I also hear that if everyone hits that button and no longer sees a particular person’s posts, that person will end up only talking to themselves.

Wouldn’t that be nice.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

IpathCats

« Reply #849 on: September 30, 2021, 05:55:37 PM »
May I remind everyone of a feature located  on the lower right-hand corner of any given post.

The Ignore feature.

You press it, and you no longer have to read posts written by people who complain about lack of nuance on forums, yet don’t bother to show any in their own writing, people who derail conversations, and when people do actually take the time to write long, nuance-filled posts, dismiss those posts with one-liners.

Press that button and no longer have your time wasted by insincere people who have no interest in adding anything valuable to the discussion.

And I also hear that if everyone hits that button and no longer sees a particular person’s posts, that person will end up only talking to themselves.

Wouldn’t that be nice.

You sound like you bought a pair of big Mama's.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
« Reply #850 on: September 30, 2021, 07:01:24 PM »
Ignore button is vital
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #853 on: October 01, 2021, 05:01:35 AM »
Waiting for someone to find the IP address so I can laugh if it’s one of the mama berries kooks

somefucker

« Reply #854 on: October 01, 2021, 05:07:23 AM »
That’s def a good way to describe my attempt at a career this place. Sad.

eat my ($1400) shorts

nickpaolucci

« Reply #855 on: October 01, 2021, 05:41:45 AM »
Troll or not I’m going to continue to believe that it’s Berra because that makes me the happiest.

One time on a video game forum I saw a thread get 50+ pages because someone wrote “Ginal Fantasy” instead of Final Fantasy, so 28 pages for a typo is clearly not sufficient.

this is awesome

T4T

• Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #856 on: October 01, 2021, 05:51:40 AM »
Troll or not I’m going to continue to believe that it’s Berra because that makes me the happiest.

One time on a video game forum I saw a thread get 50+ pages because someone wrote “Ginal Fantasy” instead of Final Fantasy, so 28 pages for a typo is clearly not sufficient.

Full Body Workout Every Other Day? - Bodybuilding.com Forums the best forum thread ever can be found here
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

thisguyslaps

• Rep: -7
« Reply #857 on: October 01, 2021, 07:01:19 AM »
Not a typo. She was defending the price in comments

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #858 on: October 01, 2021, 08:33:00 AM »
Do you think anybody actually bought their shit at the original prices? I’d be shocked if they had even one paying customer.

Props for the fake “sold out” tags though. That shit was kinda smart.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #859 on: October 01, 2021, 09:21:18 AM »
Do you think anybody actually bought their shit at the original prices? I’d be shocked if they had even one paying customer.

Yea. People did. She had a good small following of loyal customers. Look at some of her OLDER posts. People wanted her goods. Girl skaters are inspired by other girl skaters. And while they were originally pricey, people would spend the extra to help a small business and a brand they like — it's in all of us to do so.

In the end, I'm more curious about how many of those loyal customers she lost with that grab for clout and cash.

1stofthemonth

• Rep: -17
« Reply #860 on: October 01, 2021, 12:12:54 PM »
America rules because if anyone calls you out for doing a scam you can just say the person calling you out is being misogynistic or ableist or racist or whatever. As long as the scammer is the one being oppressed and crying the loudest they can't be stopped.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #861 on: October 01, 2021, 12:53:26 PM »
@Mittens for POTY
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

BL0B

• Rep: 420
« Reply #862 on: October 01, 2021, 01:23:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
29 pages on a typo
[close]
[close]

was not a typo.

plus, the prices across the whole site went up, shorts, pants, bikini, stickers, etc!

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -163
« Reply #863 on: October 01, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »

Nothing smart about it - its the oldest marketing trick in the book since 2006 lol. Every brand does it to make their shit seem like it's mad popular. Nike have been doing it on 'limited edition' drops since day. Cuz most ppl are so dumb they fall for this kinda fake shit!

No one is buying this shit and if they are then they should go jump off a bridge! Who the fuck would wanna rep a brand called 'mama skate' ffs. Lame af!

Created by a pathetic team that aren't even legit skaters! Get the fuck outta here...

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #864 on: October 01, 2021, 01:48:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nothing smart about it - its the oldest marketing trick in the book since 2006 lol. Every brand does it to make their shit seem like it's mad popular. Nike have been doing it on 'limited edition' drops since day. Cuz most ppl are so dumb they fall for this kinda fake shit!

I guess I don’t buy trendy shit. Even $150 for those pants seems insanely high. But I guess people that would buy one left foot Cariuma will fall for anything.

TheDingus

« Reply #865 on: October 01, 2021, 02:16:02 PM »
Next thing you know, they will claim they were “hacked”.

mushroom slice

« Reply #866 on: October 01, 2021, 03:06:18 PM »
I hope they at least donated what they claimed they was gonna to the charity. That’s the part that seems the most fucked up vampire like about this whole situation. If you are gonna sell overpriced pants and then only give 10% of that 800% inflated price tag on them to charity it seems like maybe that should be flipped. You give all that loot to the charity and you get the little bit that covers the cost and floats you till the next thing.  I’m not good at math but I think that’s how charity works.  Most rich people like tiny hawk think charity is a tax right off and good for PR. Like when he sold his blood for a water company. Clean safe Water should be a human right! but that’s some other shit. These vultures got greedy

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #867 on: October 02, 2021, 12:52:57 AM »
I hope they at least donated what they claimed they was gonna to the charity. That’s the part that seems the most fucked up vampire like about this whole situation. If you are gonna sell overpriced pants and then only give 10% of that 800% inflated price tag on them to charity it seems like maybe that should be flipped. You give all that loot to the charity and you get the little bit that covers the cost and floats you till the next thing.  I’m not good at math but I think that’s how charity works.  Most rich people like tiny hawk think charity is a tax right off and good for PR. Like when he sold his blood for a water company. Clean safe Water should be a human right! but that’s some other shit. These vultures got greedy

Most charity and philanthropy is a tax dodge. At best it’s a virtue signal and a way to embezzle money. At worst it’s a cover for human trafficking.

So Mama is embezzling money, avoiding tax, contributing to human trafficking, running a sweat shop while virtue signalling to bots on Instagram.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #868 on: October 02, 2021, 01:51:11 AM »

After reading this I went to their site and looked at the Gofundme account they set up. As of today not one dollar has been donated.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/bwzt6c-crisis-in-afghanistan?sharetype=teams&member=13419681&utm_medium=social&utm_source=instagram&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet
What a fraud...

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 449