Author Topic: New Truck Company  (Read 10855 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2310
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: New Truck Company
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2021, 11:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hopefully two axle system doesn't mean the axle is in two small pieces and just inserted at both ends of the hanger. This is how some cheap companies made trucks in the early 00s and they always bent. I kinda doubt any new company would do this tho
[close]

Some precision longboard trucks that go for a lot of money do this, and so does Ilife truck co. Tech might have gotten better since the early 00's
[close]

Yeah hopefully.
Noticed in pics there's no exposed axle behind the kingpin nut which was the sign of two bit axle trucks back then. Altho maybe I'm misremembering but I think grind king actually had a truck with a weird boomerang looking axle that was round on the ends and flat with holes in the middle. The lurpivs could be something like that
[close]

Saw this on the gram. Not sure how the pouring process is on trucks I assumed the hanger is poured around the axle. Maybe someone can confirm deny but if that’s the case judging by this photo where there’s hangars no axle. It may be 2 pieces and then some how drilled and press fit or something I’m not sure. Would love to see a video of the manufacturing process to see how they are doing the axle. Or shit if someone from lurpiv came on slap to field some questions like quantum did and some deluxe dudes and fos
And James craig with sml   

Based on those pics, it seems this would have to be the case, yeah?
I’m no manufacturing expert, but cast-in axles are the standard these days, and those hangers in the pic have none, sooo…
Let’s get Oski, or one of the Lurpiv reps on here to answer them questicles we’ve got.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1608
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2021, 11:50:49 AM »
You kids ever skate a set of motos?

IpathCats

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2021, 12:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hopefully two axle system doesn't mean the axle is in two small pieces and just inserted at both ends of the hanger. This is how some cheap companies made trucks in the early 00s and they always bent. I kinda doubt any new company would do this tho
[close]

Some precision longboard trucks that go for a lot of money do this, and so does Ilife truck co. Tech might have gotten better since the early 00's
[close]

Yeah hopefully.
Noticed in pics there's no exposed axle behind the kingpin nut which was the sign of two bit axle trucks back then. Altho maybe I'm misremembering but I think grind king actually had a truck with a weird boomerang looking axle that was round on the ends and flat with holes in the middle. The lurpivs could be something like that
[close]

Saw this on the gram. Not sure how the pouring process is on trucks I assumed the hanger is poured around the axle. Maybe someone can confirm deny but if that’s the case judging by this photo where there’s hangars no axle. It may be 2 pieces and then some how drilled and press fit or something I’m not sure. Would love to see a video of the manufacturing process to see how they are doing the axle. Or shit if someone from lurpiv came on slap to field some questions like quantum did and some deluxe dudes and fos
And James craig with sml   

[close]
I’m no manufacturing expert, but cast-in axles are the standard these days, and those hangers in the pic have none, sooo…
Let’s get Oski, or one of the Lurpiv reps on here to answer them questicles we’ve got.

Ilifes axels screw into either end. Maybe these work the same? Can't see how else it would be done after the hangar has been cast.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2021, 12:21:20 PM »
I'm excited for Oski's new business venture

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2021, 12:23:16 PM »
I'm excited for Oski's new business venture Indy 215

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 845
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2021, 12:23:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah hopefully.
[close]

And James craig with sml   

[close]
[close]

Ilifes axels screw into either end. Maybe these work the same? Can't see how else it would be done after the hangar has been cast.

Screwed in lol nah mate, they will work them selfs loose over time. I'm guessing they plan on drilling and using heat press the axle in.

IpathCats

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2021, 12:28:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah hopefully.
[close]

And James craig with sml   

[close]
[close]

[close]

Screwed in lol nah mate, they will work them selfs loose over time. I'm guessing they plan on drilling and using heat press the axle in.

I'm not sure the details exactly, but like it said, its being done already. I have a friend that rides for them, they don't work themselves loose like you would think. I'm not really a fan of them, but that isn't an issue with them.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
name sounds like something i'd name my imaginary board company in 4th grade

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 845
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2021, 12:51:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah hopefully.
[close]

And James craig with sml   

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not sure the details exactly, but like it said, its being done already. I have a friend that rides for them, they don't work themselves loose like you would think. I'm not really a fan of them, but that isn't an issue with them.

I'd love to know the manufacturing process. Like even my bmx cranks that are screwed in (opposite threads) come loose over time. Even with loc-tight or however that shit is spelt.

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2021, 02:22:37 PM »
You all realize Oski is just the posterboy for a manufacturing company trying new ways to expand right? Probably got a stake in it though then just cash.

Funny to see the Olympic ripple effects though. Good for him to take what he can while he cant  :)

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2021, 04:25:07 PM »
You all realize Oski is just the posterboy for a manufacturing company trying new ways to expand right? Probably got a stake in it though then just cash.

Funny to see the Olympic ripple effects though. Good for him to take what he can while he cant  :)

no he is working on the assembly line himself, don't be absurd

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

manysnakes

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2021, 04:30:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He's working at the smelt, turning raw materials into aluminum oxide as we speak

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2021, 05:00:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He's working at the smelt, turning raw materials into aluminum oxide as we speak

Like some kind of 1920s worker

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2021, 05:06:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

!!!

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2021, 05:13:26 PM »
Motobilt was a very interesting name and truck design, were they an east coast brand?  I had a buddy that had Ranali trucks.  I had a set of G&S trucks but I started with Gullwings so I’m a bit of truck chump

manysnakes

« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2021, 05:23:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

lmao

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2021, 06:44:26 PM »
Not gon’ fib: after the reality of the two axle truck sunk in, and what it meant, I’m looking at these things more like furniture casters than skateboard trucks.
No cast in axle to ad bonus stiffness: check.
No wings, or truss on the pivot: check.
Durability: pending…
Of course, I will happily wait and see, but I’m not as optimistic as I was yesterday.
Fingers crossed for a cool product at that price (‘cause I’m still gonna cop a set anyway.)
Too odd to miss out on what might/could be the only production run(s).

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2021, 06:51:18 PM »
Also, those Iliffe trucks are long bloard specific and don’t gotta endure that gnar-gnar skreet life like our jawns do.not exactly filling me with confidence, but…
Not to mention, the logo on their FB page looked awfully familiar, I just couldn’t place where I’d seen it before, but I’m pert near vert they stole it from some blokes, somewhere.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2021, 10:11:35 PM »
Fuck that makes me want them. Are they cnc’d?

They’d have to be, reckon if they’re not, someone’s about to go broke haha
listen to cosmic psychos

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1561
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2021, 02:02:13 AM »
Damn, never thought someone would remake stage 1’s and charge $91
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1068
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2021, 02:07:54 AM »

Woah, woah, this One can see through the matrix.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

IpathCats

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2021, 05:35:43 AM »
Also, those Iliffe trucks are long bloard specific and don’t gotta endure that gnar-gnar skreet life like our jawns do.not exactly filling me with confidence, but…
Not to mention, the logo on their FB page looked awfully familiar, I just couldn’t place where I’d seen it before, but I’m pert near vert they stole it from some blokes, somewhere.

My friend uses them for regular skateboarding. He is more of a pool guy, but he grinds the shit out of them. He has a great smith grind. Personally, I'm not a fan of the trucks myself, but I have seen them used by him and a few others for regular skateboarding.

IpathCats

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2021, 05:38:17 AM »
Not gon’ fib: after the reality of the two axle truck sunk in, and what it meant, I’m looking at these things more like furniture casters than skateboard trucks.
No cast in axle to ad bonus stiffness: check.
No wings, or truss on the pivot: check.
Durability: pending…
Of course, I will happily wait and see, but I’m not as optimistic as I was yesterday.
Fingers crossed for a cool product at that price (‘cause I’m still gonna cop a set anyway.)
Too odd to miss out on what might/could be the only production run(s).

I'm with you on all of this.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2021, 07:50:57 AM »

Beat me to it. Used to have a friend that skated for them and kicked me down some trucks. In hindsight I wish he never did.

Listentothis

• Rep: -24
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2021, 04:31:22 PM »
That's a no for me dawg...
Slap Message Boards (Definition) - To create drama and make up stories about am/pro skateboarders.

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2021, 05:07:14 AM »
All trucks are delivered in a Lurpiv metal box
say no more

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2021, 06:17:43 AM »

How much difference can rheocasting and T7 heat treatment make? Chromoly is much stronger than aluminum so perhaps the machined down axels won't bend? idk...

But if there so much stronger could you get a situation like those titanium theeves that were really hard to grind on?
I remember me and my friends trying a set of the theeves and the only grinds that really worked were crooked or fully tail down 5-0 kinda pointed to the side like you would do on transition. So far all ive seen of lurpivs is oski on transition or that other guy do a crooked...

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2021, 08:42:42 AM »
That name is like some glitch in an AI Algorithm that tracks perverts

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2021, 09:05:10 AM »
I don’t see these catching on with dudes who jump down big shit. Specialized trucks for transition skaters? They don’t look cool. Maybe that’ll change after a bunch of dudes get pics with them, but for now they look like some 70’s shit.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2021, 09:07:01 AM »
they look like shit g