Author Topic: Leandre Sanders is a mutant and science is ignoring him  (Read 12446 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Leandre Sanders is a mutant and science is ignoring him
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2021, 06:09:21 AM »
Scrolling down the past page I noticed references to Jesus, Judas, the “Lord”, Gwyneth Paltrow and Skatemama.  Literally the five best people to ever live.  I think this speaks to skategoat’s inherent greatness.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cherry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2021, 06:09:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Switching stances like that is kinda ugly to me. I like how it looks different to skate switch. And skating tranny switch is weak too
[close]

It's not a conscious decision to change stances. It is a completely natural shift for him. I propose that if Slap geneticists are able isolate this genetic mutation, we could perhaps bio engineer a truly stanceless skater in the future. We could create armies of clones and train them from a young age to perform miraculous stunts for our own entertainment. Why are you assholes so hung up on his shoes?
[close]

curious how u could prove that it’s a sub conscious decision….

Is there some sort of double blind study using timers and obstacle illusions to test his reflexes or something?
[close]

I'm not sure it is sub conscious. I think it is outside the mind.

What is dat? People can think without brains??? Wow im really behind everyone else damn

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2021, 06:14:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Switching stances like that is kinda ugly to me. I like how it looks different to skate switch. And skating tranny switch is weak too
[close]

It's not a conscious decision to change stances. It is a completely natural shift for him. I propose that if Slap geneticists are able isolate this genetic mutation, we could perhaps bio engineer a truly stanceless skater in the future. We could create armies of clones and train them from a young age to perform miraculous stunts for our own entertainment. Why are you assholes so hung up on his shoes?
[close]

Is there some sort of double blind study using timers and obstacle illusions to test his reflexes or something?
[close]

[close]

What is dat? People can think without brains??? Wow im really behind everyone else damn

The brain is involved, but I think it is more deeply ingrained. If you could test brain activity according to one's own proclivity to natural stance that would be useful, but I think for Leandre it is set at a genetic level.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2021, 06:20:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sinner gets by pretty good.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2021, 06:24:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The brain is involved, but I think it is more deeply ingrained. If you could test brain activity according to one's own proclivity to natural stance that would be useful, but I think for Leandre it is set at a genetic level.

So it’s in his dna to never try a regular stance big flip until a game of skate at the berrics??

What about Sam Baptista? He played himself in a game of skate and won switch and put out multiple full switch parts. So glad he never claimed “stanceless”

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2021, 06:24:50 AM »
This whole stanceless shit is garbage it’s more Steve Berra confusion. Someone needs to dose this man out just put a ton of liquid acid in his coffee or something he has to stop.

The stance less argument is really dumb especially when the example is someone who isn’t even a top 100 skater.

Can he even air out of a vert ramp? He’s clearly no pj Ladd tech guy or Chris Jolsin jumper. He can’t skate vert like Colin or mega like bob. Why is this dude praised so hard I can’t figure it out if it wasn’t for social media no one would know this guy

How does Slap conflate its hatred for Everything Berra with a 67 page Battle at the Berrics thread? Shame on you hypocrites. Everyone posting in that thread is a Berra shill. And for what? A game of S.K.A.T.E.? That's money in his pockets, you fools.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2021, 06:26:02 AM »
I remember threads on here with people arguing that Sammy is goofy but claims regular etc. that was so much more enlightening than this Steve Berra dis information

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2021, 06:27:18 AM »
Steve Berra wants to turn skateboarding into professional wrestling change my mind

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2021, 06:29:15 AM »
That’s why he is bringing in all the celebrities

Like fuck jack black why would I want to see him mall grab a dog town board that guy is a walking acdc shirt from wal mart. I hope dog town sues the shit out of him

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2021, 07:15:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

So it’s in his dna to never try a regular stance big flip until a game of skate at the berrics??

What about Sam Baptista? He played himself in a game of skate and won switch and put out multiple full switch parts. So glad he never claimed “stanceless”

I think for Sammy he developed super technical switch tricks at a young age as a skill but his natural essence is still detectable. For Leandre, I don't think it is a developed skill.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2021, 07:18:45 AM »
He’s a good skater but not the GOAT is all I have to say about this fellow

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2021, 07:47:58 AM »
Expand Quote
who's that dude that suciu was skating with the other day? that skates transition goofy but street regular? he rules
[close]

tanner burzinski. he skates transition regs and street goofy.

I had a friend who was like that, but the other way around (transition goofy, street regular).

According to him, he learned to skate regular in a skatepark in his town. Eventually, his left shoe worn off too much to even ollie; as he had no money to buy another pair, he started skating goofy and got pretty good at it.

mushroom slice

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2021, 08:01:12 AM »
How to figure out stance.
Find the biggest hill you can and bomb it. Whatever way is less scary is your stance.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2021, 09:34:11 AM »
Problem is nobody will dissect his genetics so how can this conversation really continue other than reaffirming OP’s guess that there’s something special about leandre genetically

Might be true there’s something about his genetic makeup that helps him skate but also who cares if his kits suck and who he rolls with sucks and at this point everything he stands for is wack

Good for you if you think berries coriyuma bright is cool (if anyone does) but I’m not gonna hop on this Scientology eugenics bandwagon lol

nothing's been the since same

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2021, 09:45:03 AM »
You all have cast many aspersions in some sort of sick attempt at turning Leandre into Berra's whipping boy, but of the great multitude of Slappers out there, is there but one amongst you with the courage to speak out against such ignorance and be-foolery? If not, save you comments for the BATB12 thread, please.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:59:03 AM by sizzle_chest »

dannyprovolone

« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2021, 09:58:33 AM »
Mannnnn shut yo bitch ass up skapegoat is a kook and so are you

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »
When you call yourself the GOAT and you're not Muhammad Ali you suffer the consequences. 

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2021, 10:14:11 AM »
Mannnnn shut yo bitch ass up skapegoat is a kook and so are you

Right here, you Berra shill cucktard:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=117288.1980

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2021, 10:14:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You do know what 'subconscious' means, right?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2021, 10:17:33 AM »
I like switch skating just as much as any skater but always found it annoying when someone or people always point out switch skating. 

I myself only put effort into switch tricks to only make my shoes last longer

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2021, 10:51:27 AM »
This whole stanceless shit is garbage it’s more Steve Berra confusion. Someone needs to dose this man out just put a ton of liquid acid in his coffee or something he has to stop.

The stance less argument is really dumb especially when the example is someone who isn’t even a top 100 skater.

Can he even air out of a vert ramp? He’s clearly no pj Ladd tech guy or Chris Jolsin jumper. He can’t skate vert like Colin or mega like bob. Why is this dude praised so hard I can’t figure it out if it wasn’t for social media no one would know this guy

but dude he can footplant that palm tree at Venice park that means he's a goat

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2021, 11:04:12 AM »
Dylan Jaeb > skategoat

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2021, 11:13:41 AM »

there's something very soothing about the subtle forward twist in the knees and re-orientation of his shoulders after he hits the apex that makes this "trick" look perfect to me.

If his image is as malleable as we've seen, maybe Rodney can whisper something in heshed tones to make him focus on tranny for the rest of his career.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2021, 11:22:43 AM »
Not a trick and blue grip tape

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2021, 11:31:16 AM »
imo skate goat is actually sick.

But I agree with some of the criticisms.

Sometimes the quickest sponsors aren't the way to go but I understand that is different when you are hungry.

Get this guy in a van with gravette and at the very least get some green griptape.

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2021, 11:33:57 AM »
The Charlie sheen shirt has pushed me to the very edge. I hope his pro shoe has light up soles and is a Pokémon collab available at Walmart.

Maybe jack black will show up to the la Walmart as a guest wal mart associate.

The YouTube title page video will read: le Andre sanders pro shoe release surprise pizza party with jack black!!!

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2021, 12:00:10 PM »
Sick skater but he committed career suicide with his sponsor choices.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2021, 12:02:30 PM »
Watched his Solus last night and I wish I hadn’t.

@sizzle chest, can you tell me, are his style and trick selection garbage at the genetic level or is that learnt behaviour
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2021, 12:07:08 PM »
If he does the loop switch, I'll eat my words. Until then, everything he's done has been unimpressive regardless of which way he is standing.

Even the differently abled skaters are pushing the limits of their abilities more than this so called skate goat.

Maybe gimmick goat would be a more appropriate name for his skateboarding title.

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2021, 12:15:58 PM »
If he does the loop switch, I'll eat my words. Until then, everything he's done has been unimpressive regardless of which way he is standing.

Even the differently abled skaters are pushing the limits of their abilities more than this so called skate goat.

Maybe gimmick goat would be a more appropriate name for his skateboarding title.

Didn't Bob do the loop switch already?

Bob was the best switch vert skater, but it was obvious he learned to skate switch as a skill. When Leandre skates a bowl goofy he is skating natural. When he skates flat it is obvious he is regular. He has two stances. It's not that he is stanceless. It would be crazy if Bob skated street goofy and it was super natural. Maybe Leandre has not focused or pushed himself to the limit, but I have not seen another skater with that clear of a natural polarity shift. Maybe there are more but he stands out as a real life mutant. He is a freak of nature at the very least and could be labeled "super human" in this context.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 12:28:22 PM by sizzle_chest »