Author Topic: new chocolate vid "bunny hop"  (Read 45868 times)

backside_frontside

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
Re: new chocolate vid "bunny hop"
« Reply #300 on: December 21, 2021, 10:28:28 AM »
Jordan Trahan is one of my favorite skaters right now. Glad he’s getting properly hooked up. The dude’s skating is very unique but not in a gimmicky way. He’s pushing what can be done with wallrides and no complys into new territory like Jake did during the Mindfield era IMO.

Carl is amazing. Is his full name Carlisle tho or is that just an IG joke? If so I love him even more lol. My switch inward heel inspiration. Seeing footage of him at bland Cali spots doesn’t seem right. Kinda funny to see his pant size evolve a little during the part. You could tell the ender and some other clips were really old. Shoulda been last part for sure.

Jesus still rips and Stevie had a chill part. James And Erik are good but forgettable to me. Skit was fucking cringe. Weird, yet unsurprising, to see KA. VA, meh, too many noseslide variations and borderline illegal tricks.

csb711

• Rep: 2
« Reply #301 on: December 21, 2021, 10:30:25 AM »
Would have hoped for some more Raven footy but loved the video. Hoping it’s not too long before crail gets something else cookin so the revitalization doesn’t get stale

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #302 on: December 21, 2021, 10:31:03 AM »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2021, 10:38:01 AM »
Let me be clear: I don't like VA's billion noseslide 270/270 shuv variations and his part could have been condensed, but Crail was basically giving him his swan song.  He has a place in skating even if it's not my style and not my first pick just like Max. I woulda put the new guys last but maybe they thought if they did that for Carl people would claim they only did it to draw a Stevie comparison. They had 2 obvious themes in this video: VA being the old guard team stalwart and Carl being the new center and if Crail is anything to riders it's loyal.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2021, 10:38:27 AM »
The current version of Vincent Alvarez skates like Dick Rizzo but with better fakie and worse pop. Also wears better pants but somehow dresses worse.

Seems like he should be Slap’s hero.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2021, 10:52:50 AM »
Erik's stuff was so good! For some reason that bs noseblunt he does in the line with the bs flip nosegrind really stood out to me. One of the best bs noseblunts I've ever seen.

Irvine-Sucks.com

SWPhillyFloater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #306 on: December 21, 2021, 10:53:16 AM »
Jordan Trahan’s part will be on repeat for a while.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #307 on: December 21, 2021, 11:01:38 AM »
Jordan Trahan is awesome, never heard of him before but someone I will be looking out for. I kind of get the hype for Carl now but the way Slap praises him I was expecting to be blown away. I enjoyed his part but I can tell it’s not something my brain will hang on to. Switch hard was dope. VA is rad, y’all are jaded lol.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2021, 11:21:14 AM »
The current version of Vincent Alvarez skates like Dick Rizzo but with better fakie and worse pop. Also wears better pants but somehow dresses worse.

Seems like he should be Slap’s hero.

Absolutely psychotic take but made me lol. Seriously though, seek help.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Fincher5153

• Rep: 9
« Reply #309 on: December 21, 2021, 11:23:22 AM »
dope vid

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2021, 11:38:12 AM »
not sure you can bookend the first chocolate vid in 15+ years with 2 brand new riders. plus VA has a 360 deal with crail, you gotta reward that long term commitment. he prolly won't get last part again anyway, as they shift focus to jordan, erik, carl & hopefully hosea (was he hurt??) – while VA, KA, stevie, raven & jesus occupy tio status

that said this was 18 months-ish of clips, so same for "doll". girl should be rolling out videos like this every couple years and just keep it moving. cycle in the new riders - there's been 10 now (niels, griffin, simon, tyler, breana, rowan, jordan, james, carl, erik) since 2018, which is a lot for crail! - while continuing to spotlight some intl/flow peeps on IG to see if anyone pops. we'll see tho

nice they got some old chocolate heads involved, and even got clips out of eldy & c-rob too lmao. would've been cool if they properly intro'd the girl team with a skit or even just the logo somewhere idk, that ethiopiques song is my jam. breana trick was dope, niels, simon & rowan are just waiting to be unleashed. mccrank shoulda used the last 2 things he posted on IG instead (wallride/nollie flip), woulda been perfect. and ya brophy trick was embarrassing, imagine doing a janky ollie in a girl video – c'mon son

def looking forward to more as jordan, erik & carl lead the way. chocolate really needed a re-up. chill video, B+

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 09:23:09 AM by huggs »

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2021, 11:40:06 AM »
Why do companies insist on having a “premiere” on YT and make you wait until 12:00 pacific time to watch a fuckin video?? You already had “real” premieres just put the video already. Fuckin irks me man. Crail is so fuckin dumb.

It’s so you can share and save it and build hype for whatever you’re dropping plus YouTube videos can take forever to upload so this ensures it doesnt just randomly go live at 336 in the morning. You just want a reason to keep being mad at crailtap for a decade of disappointment.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2021, 11:43:44 AM »
loved it! think ill buy a board if I see one in the wild.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2021, 11:57:13 AM »
the intro was funny but definitely could have been cut down time wise. Trahans part was good. Carl's part was a banger but couldnt help but feel like some of his clips were pretty old, like the ollie from his "welcome to the team" ad and even his ender seemed like it was filmed at least 2 years ago.

Was it?   It felt like something that should have been left at the premiere along with the “no smoking in the auditorium”.  That and the extra long “trailer” for Chocolate Tour 2 (I guess) don’t make sense in the context of YouTube.   Who knows, maybe there’s someone out there that loves the tradition of SHT sound, but the novelty of all that wore off when we hit the 2000s and just feels like a cheap nostalgia grab

Also, where the fuck is the Gabriel Forever logo?   They’ve had two releases to include him

HeadInLionsMouth

• Rep: 142
« Reply #314 on: December 21, 2021, 12:00:39 PM »
Trahan is fucking incredible. His part and Erik's part were so enjoyable to watch.

I don't understand how there couldn't have been even ONE Hosea clip in there.

What Richard Mulder said at the very end made me tear up.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #315 on: December 21, 2021, 12:05:52 PM »
Erik's stuff was so good! For some reason that bs noseblunt he does in the line with the bs flip nosegrind really stood out to me. One of the best bs noseblunts I've ever seen.

we are of the same mind

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #316 on: December 21, 2021, 12:17:27 PM »
Eh - Capps and Herrera. Just kinda there.
Very good - Perez and Trahan. Didn’t expect Stevie to have such a good part.
Great - Carl. Lived up to it.

I liked the Girl montage a lot. Good music throughout.  Could’ve used some Carroll tho. How does Raven not have more footage? Dude can literally just go to a park. Overall it was a cool vibe. Will watch again.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #317 on: December 21, 2021, 12:22:17 PM »
I still haven't seen it but I'm getting really stoked to watch it

Thank you to everyone for not spoiling this video

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #318 on: December 21, 2021, 12:36:48 PM »
I liked it, it's what you'd expect from chocolate, crazy that there wasn't much of raven pumping phat airs and blasting the santa cruz bowl coping, the surprised CK1 clip was cool

thebacker

« Reply #319 on: December 21, 2021, 01:00:33 PM »
theres only so many VA noseslide/tailslide shuv or spin out combos i can watch before i go rewatch jordan and erik's parts

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #320 on: December 21, 2021, 01:32:27 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't get the VA hate. Dude has had a good head on his shoulders for his entire career and been loyal to his sponsors. This board worships a dude that primarily does squirrely bonk tricks and firecrackers for his originality, but VA is still skating crusty ass spots no one else seems to skate and in my opinion has more diversity in his own approach than Max. Not my favorite but don't get the hate.

I thought Trahan's part was far better than Carl's. I don't think Carl's style is faked one bit, but feel that way about Heitor/am not super interested in him.

Chocolate is doing great. Dump Stevie and Raven.
[close]

Nevermore

hahahah

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #321 on: December 21, 2021, 01:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote
the intro was funny but definitely could have been cut down time wise. Trahans part was good. Carl's part was a banger but couldnt help but feel like some of his clips were pretty old, like the ollie from his "welcome to the team" ad and even his ender seemed like it was filmed at least 2 years ago.
[close]

Was it?   It felt like something that should have been left at the premiere along with the “no smoking in the auditorium”.  That and the extra long “trailer” for Chocolate Tour 2 (I guess) don’t make sense in the context of YouTube.   Who knows, maybe there’s someone out there that loves the tradition of SHT sound, but the novelty of all that wore off when we hit the 2000s and just feels like a cheap nostalgia grab

Also, where the fuck is the Gabriel Forever logo?   They’ve had two releases to include him

There’s mention of Gabriel at the end after the credits.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #322 on: December 21, 2021, 01:54:53 PM »
"Backside flips" would be a better title for this video

Jordan's kickflip was good

Raven seems like he's over skating completely

A shame VA had the energy to put out a part but chose the worst tricks and spots

Ditch skating needs to be banned forever

mariolopez

• Rep: -22
« Reply #323 on: December 21, 2021, 02:08:21 PM »
video sucked balls

music was decent

kenny anderson is off converse?
his song was something about living with a woman?
his little shanty pants dont fit and its sad watching a grown man cling like that
sad

vincent alvarez used to switch nosegrind handrails and now he can only do fakie * bigspin* lipslide or bluntside * 270 in or out.

3 minutes of those combos, mixed with 3 or 4 heelflips
just boring

carl aikens was boring. everyone was boring in this.
erik herrera was good.
jordan trahan was good.

raven tershy, boring.
the guy with the fat face, boring.

craig is shit
just pack it in

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #324 on: December 21, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »
kinda wild how crail got away with the whole "360 deal" for years, like if you wanna ride for girl or chocolate you also gotta ride for Royal, Lakai, and Fourstar i assume they are still doin that with some people
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #325 on: December 21, 2021, 02:35:42 PM »
Andrew brophy is the worst crail rider of all time. id rather watch Daniel castillo.

they can never recover, brophy was the final nail in the coffin like josh kasper on blind. A stain that can never be removed

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #326 on: December 21, 2021, 02:45:16 PM »
I think some people here might know that I’m a VA fanboy.
His part was the first i rewatched. I really liked the man child clip and Griffin too. Carl, James, and Erik are dope.
Stevie did a pretty good job too.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 02:56:22 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #327 on: December 21, 2021, 02:51:16 PM »
I thought this was awesome and found the "normalcy" refreshing. Normalcy meaning no compliance to contemporary trends (which I'm not saying I don't like). Also the skating was obviously awesome. Capps, Trahan, Erik, Carl all killing it. Felt like a classic Crailtap vid. Good stuff

lavachebeadsman

• Rep: -4
« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2021, 02:53:23 PM »
People don’t like Vincent Alvarez?

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #329 on: December 21, 2021, 03:12:43 PM »
i watched the video and enjoyed it for the most part. i'll watch it again.

a few negatives; the skit at the start was kind of confusing in that it went nowhere... and the first dude, james capps - he did two quite offensive backside flips.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice