Author Topic: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part  (Read 16174 times)

French manicure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
Re: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2021, 02:25:25 PM »
Yuto is so rad.  I was sure he was going to hit that car on the hill bomb, but, nope.  Who was the dude that said he was only a park skater a while back?  Was it a bunt podcast?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2021, 02:28:22 PM »
Yuto is so rad.  I was sure he was going to hit that car on the hill bomb, but, nope.  Who was the dude that said he was only a park skater a while back?  Was it a bunt podcast?

It was decenzo's episode and it was less "he's only a park/contest skater" and more about how yuto is someone who would need some guidance about trick selection or what he should/shouldn't do at certain spots. Take that for what you will, but that's the context if I remember correctly.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2021, 02:28:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was decenzo's episode and it was less "he's only a park/contest skater" and more about how yuto is someone who would need some guidance about trick selection or what he should/shouldn't do at certain spots. Take that for what you will, but that's the context if I remember correctly.

thanks

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2021, 02:36:47 PM »
It doesn’t get any better. The kid is flawless.

He’s only 22 right?? Maybe give it to Mark or Dilo this year because this kid is just getting started.

I know it probably won’t happen but imagine Dilo getting SOTY… a dude without a solid shoe sponsor winning it. Has that ever happened before??

Frank and Fred

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2021, 03:12:50 PM »
Maybe too flawless. Undeniable talent but I'm not seeing much personality come through.. .

I'd rather watch AA slam in slow motion and then slowly get up and limp across the road.

Liukang22

• Rep: -3
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2021, 03:18:54 PM »
Same here,

Not a single emotion while watching despite the crazy tricks.

The song clearly didn’t help and the edit wasn’t that good either.

Amazing skating that made me feel absolutely nothing, unfortunately. How does he do it?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »
Switch nosemanny and 180fakie Manny are pretty much equal AA came out first so he wins. That being said I never want to see that spot again now. Unless Daewon wants to fakie Manny it.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2021, 03:26:40 PM »
Also I think AA did a front hurricane on that barrier/ wall ride spot...  who would ever have thought Yuto and AA would be going after the same shit... ?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2021, 03:28:38 PM »
sorry i was wrong it was a switch FSG... i just wanted an excuse to talk more about AA in the Yuto/ Soty thread....

AnotherOldSkater

• Rep: -23
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2021, 03:30:37 PM »
Impressive skating. Looks good doing those weird tricks. But in all honesty watching this part does nothing for me. I don't get hyped at all by it. And it looks he's trying super hard to get SOTY. I'm sure Nike gives him a bonus if he gets it

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2021, 03:47:50 PM »
If you think putting out a single 3 minute part at the end of the year is trying super hard to get it, wait till you hear about that one guy who reads books.

MrDuckey

• Rep: -106
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2021, 04:50:46 PM »
This felt forced and like a literal checklist. Gnarly slam, hill bomb, enders at classic spots. I wouldn't be surprised if that slam was on purpose because it was the optimal move to increase his chances. Overall the video was boring to me, pop shuvs everywhere, much worse than the April videos

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »
That hill bomb was unexpected and it was wild to see the way he casually slid around and avoided the car. Manny into the back was sick. He really does look good on a board and is pushing some boundaries. Love to see it.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 153
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2021, 05:01:23 PM »
Should’ve used I serve the base. Would’ve made it unfuckwithable

Would've upped the hype for sure.

Dudes are acting like he picked the most offensively abrasive Soundcloud underground mumble trap of all time. Its just a generic Future song; sounds like something that could've been put over a middle part of some full-length in 2011. Fred Gall SOTY but this part might've convinced me that Yuto should get second place. For how much Suciu is pushing I still remember Yuto's insane first part more than anything Mark's put out, and I feel like this one's gonna stand out more too. That plus the Olympics, he's definitely had a hell of a year and would deserve it.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2021, 05:04:05 PM »
sorry i was wrong it was a switch FSG... i just wanted an excuse to talk more about AA in the Yuto/ Soty thread....

Safe to say AA skates at an Olympic gold medal level.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2021, 05:08:59 PM »
The Muska/didit/swanny trend is already over and the power pop shove is back.
Also is Jordan Trying to make it in skating? Noticed a lot of Jordan gear in skating lately even in sls.

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 32
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2021, 05:14:45 PM »
Yuto's hair is sick. This part is a power flex on everyone with him casually dropping nbds at famous spots without making a big fuss about it. You don't see him reposting his clipper trick on instagram 1,000 times (ahem David Reyes) or any hype shit like that.

Side note - Probably unpopular opinion but dunks look fucking stupid.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2021, 05:19:24 PM »

Not unpopular with me.

I really dislike music like this, but had no problem with it here. Fucking amzing part.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2021, 05:36:18 PM »
Switch hill bomb was pretty hellride

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2021, 05:44:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not unpopular with me.

I really dislike music like this, but had no problem with it here. Fucking amzing part.
The Blazer is the superior shoe of the two IMO

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -71
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2021, 05:59:05 PM »
Yuto thinks he's "Versace Plug" now..

slidethru

• Rep: -10
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2021, 06:05:51 PM »
yuto>sooch but sotey season not over yet

fits were like a 6.8/10 clean but generic

lavachebeadsman

• Rep: -4
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2021, 06:20:23 PM »
There is nothing more performative than to log on to slap, find a thread about Yuto and say that it doesn’t do it for you but Andrew Allen does. Just objectively, I don’t get how you can love skateboarding and see a fucking nollie heel nose 270 shove out on clipper and you’re automatic response is “meh.” Like do you like skateboarding or not? Wild, to me.

Anyway, Suicu is definitely pissed if he doesn’t have another part to put out which people are suggesting he does. Crying into his single malt whiskey he only drinks bc that’s what Hemingway told Fitzgerald to drink

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2021, 06:47:11 PM »
Yuto is very good

This video was not good. The music and editing is so hilariously bad it actually makes me laugh.

Anyways, switch back shuv over the street gap was insane. Awesome clip

What is a back shuv?

Murdercapital

• Rep: -22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2021, 08:13:54 PM »
There is nothing more performative than to log on to slap, find a thread about Yuto and say that it doesn’t do it for you but Andrew Allen does. Just objectively, I don’t get how you can love skateboarding and see a fucking nollie heel nose 270 shove out on clipper and you’re automatic response is “meh.” Like do you like skateboarding or not? Wild, to me.

Anyway, Suicu is definitely pissed if he doesn’t have another part to put out which people are suggesting he does. Crying into his single malt whiskey he only drinks bc that’s what Hemingway told Fitzgerald to drink

It's impressive af but nollie heel nose bigspin has never been high in the ranks of "tasteful" maneuvers. Change my mind.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2021, 08:39:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's impressive af but nollie heel nose bigspin has never been high in the ranks of "tasteful" maneuvers. Change my mind.

if antwuan stomps one out you'll lose your shit.

its not about whether or not yuto is more hell ride. his tricks were insanely difficult technically while being risky af. the nollie 270 lip down Hollywood 16 scared the shit out of me by just watching. nollie bs 180 switch smith grind down a handrail? I wouldn't have thought its possible to move your body in this way. if you think this is boring you've never liked skating in my opinion. you like cute fits and no complies.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2021, 08:50:26 PM »
Video was just him skating, and he's really fucking good. No filler of high fives, horribly rolled joints, looking back at the camera, homeless people, etc. Just a kid that owns it. I'm cool with Yuto

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2021, 09:32:51 PM »
Besides the absolutely fucked level of skating you gotta respect the subtle flexes in this part. Multiple lines in Fragment Jordan 1’s and an ender in a Moncler ski mask. This is the 2021 version of checking your pager mid line.

BlueCadet3

• Rep: -1
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2021, 09:58:00 PM »
Disqualified from soty for using that garbage song.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2021, 10:31:33 PM »
Does anyone else remember a video of Yuto talking shit to Nyjah or somehow flexing after he won the gold medal? Maybe he’s at a hotel or something? Can’t remember but would be funny to see again if anyone knows where to find it.