Author Topic: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part  (Read 16190 times)

Frank and Fred

Re: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2021, 09:28:57 AM »
joey o'brien is like, the most personality-less dude i can think of right now. absolutely rips, but peak create-a-skater vibes. just say you don't like yuto's skating and be done with it

Exactly. its about opinion. Praise Gall we all don't like the same shit.

and

ok. i don't like Yuto's skateboarding.

passtheish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »
Love being reminded by how White centric skating is when a part drops with any music other than shoe gaze 🙄

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2021, 09:43:42 AM »
Expand Quote
joey o'brien is like, the most personality-less dude i can think of right now. absolutely rips, but peak create-a-skater vibes. just say you don't like yuto's skating and be done with it
[close]

Exactly. its about opinion. Praise Gall we all don't like the same shit.

and

ok. i don't like Yuto's skateboarding.

yes I can respect the craft and not like composition, not all art is meant for everyone to like

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2021, 09:53:25 AM »
Love being reminded by how White centric skating is when a part drops with any music other than shoe gaze 🙄

I’m black and this music is trash.

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2021, 10:24:49 AM »
Really good skating, switch hill bomb was hectic, there's no denying this guy's talent and he is SOTY for me (Although I wish Kyle Wilson would win for that SW heel at Southbank in the latest Palace vid alone). Is that the first trick in - trick out shit (not quite flip haha) on Clipper? 

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2021, 10:33:07 AM »
Damn Yuto is good. Modern day Justin Eldridge
lol excuse me?

I loved justin eldridge as much as everyone during the hot chocolate days but he's a very specific skater. No lines, basically no flip tricks, and honestly in retrospect pretty gross stiff style. Yuto can 540 on vert, has good style, is like 17 years old and clearly one of the best street skaters out there, and while the olympics is pretty wack the fact that he won that and was filming at Pulaski or w/e that story is like a week or two before is pretty sick.

That first trick in the part is mental.

Lin Thizzy

• Rep: 86
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2021, 10:42:03 AM »
Seeing lots of hate for Yuto's music choice for this part.
I've watched this part three times now and still have no clue what the track sounds like.
Something I've learned over the years is to watch these AAA pro parts on mute first.
All too often what would otherwise be an easily rewatchable contribution to the art of skateboarding becomes stinky doo-doo stain because of the music track.
Watching it on mute allows appreciation of the skating first - think PJ's "Silence is Golden" part.
Next, you just mentally remove the trite-ass dunks and puffer jackets and watch in amazement as a naked japanese boy flexes his demi-godlike skateboarding prowess for 2 minutes and 58 seconds.. ahh yess

somefucker

« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2021, 10:52:53 AM »
I've watched this part three times now and still have no clue what the track sounds like.
Something I've learned over the years is to watch these AAA pro parts on mute first.
All too often what would otherwise be an easily rewatchable contribution to the art of skateboarding becomes stinky doo-doo stain because of the music track.
Watching it on mute allows appreciation of the skating first - think PJ's "Silence is Golden" part.
Next, you just mentally remove the trite-ass dunks and puffer jackets and watch in amazement as a naked japanese boy flexes his demi-godlike skateboarding prowess for 2 minutes and 58 seconds.. ahh yess

not the hentai board fam

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2021, 11:33:24 AM »
parts without the skate audio is awful, rather just deal with the song. Its wild how much people care about music, its just skateboarding

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2021, 11:45:22 AM »
The Muska/didit/swanny trend is already over and the power pop shove is back.
Also is Jordan Trying to make it in skating? Noticed a lot of Jordan gear in skating lately even in sls.

They been did skate stuff but just in limited amounts. Lance mountain, P Rod, Koston all had aj1  iterations yrs ago

I think they're just capitalizing off the hype of The Last Dance now. They've been churning em out for the past yr or so, so they're more accessible which prob why you're seeing a lot more ppl with em

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2021, 11:52:58 AM »

passtheish

« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2021, 11:56:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m black and this music is trash.

OK ? Are black people a monolith now? you can still have an opinion

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2021, 11:59:32 AM »
You know to each their own or whatever, a lot of people like future and that's cool, but it's hard for me to appreciate a singer who mumbles jibberish like,

"catching cold feelings can be a bummer
that's why I drive my audi in the summer"

but all I hear is..

"cashun oldfeely cnb mer
thats I arrive audi in thumber"

Bruh what kinda music do you listen to? Church music?

Unless you're a non-native speaker, shit is really not that hard to understand and a lot of musicians across genres focus on expression/tone over Webster's pro·nun·ci·a·tion.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2021, 12:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn Yuto is good. Modern day Justin Eldridge
[close]
lol excuse me?

I loved justin eldridge as much as everyone during the hot chocolate days but he's a very specific skater. No lines, basically no flip tricks, and honestly in retrospect pretty gross stiff style. Yuto can 540 on vert, has good style, is like 17 years old and clearly one of the best street skaters out there, and while the olympics is pretty wack the fact that he won that and was filming at Pulaski or w/e that story is like a week or two before is pretty sick.

That first trick in the part is mental.
Haha, at least I got 1 person with this troll. Sorry I’m just entertaining myself.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2021, 12:01:41 PM »
Im black and this music is good...its another era, gang starr no more stay around...rip Guru.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2021, 12:05:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fucking hilarious reading some of the reactions on here. "Song sucks" who the fuck cares? People have different tastes. Yuto can like what he likes. "No emotion" "his skating does nothing for me" LMAO get a fucking life, Yuto's skill, style and trick selection are all elite.  This is what top tier street skating looks like in 2021.  Nobody gives a fuck that it didn't make you cry or whatever AA does to you.

That said as dope as this was I think as a whole I prefer his vx part from earlier this year.
[close]

"Top Tier?" What even is skateboarding in 2021? haha... man... The day skateboarding stops involving personality, approach, subjectivity, taste and opinion and becomes more about set-prices, "tiers" and robotic routines, is the day its done... I care.
[close]

Top tier? Is that a foreign concept to you?l? The idea that skaters can be better or worse than each other? Maybe Andy Shrock nosesliding a tiny ledge is more "relatable" to you. Stick to remive and braille imo.

I'm sorry yutos part didn't make you bawl your eyes out because he didn't slam enough or didn't have a dadbod or dorky clothes. Personality, am I right?

Sarcasm aside, how the fuck is this japanese kid Yuto Horigome the most divisive skater Slap has ever seen?
[close]
Just being honest but Yuto's part did not make me want to skate... maybe that's what it boils down to... relatability. it is a big factor in inspiration for many...
[close]

You can't relate because you couldn't do what Yuto does if your life depended on it. "Relatability" seems like a cope that old ppo on slap use to dismiss any video that isn't some overweight boomer slob with a beer belly and deck rails doing slappies behind the local 7-11. Watching Yuto isn't going to be "relatable" to 99% of people who have ever stepped on a skateboard dumb dumb, relatability is entirely besides the point of watching him. You're watching it to see the pinnacle of what is possible in street skating in 2021 thats all.

If u wanna see a "relatable" skate video go watch some crusty homie video of some balding fat guy doing rolling kickflips down a curb lmfao.

Pathetic logic. I can't do much of what AA does either and neither can you. Yuto's part ain't the pinnacle of anything in my eyes... I fully agree he is amazingly talented but it was incredibly boring to watch. GT maybe a 'pinnacle'...  Again, opinion mate, we all have them. You'll never convince me what tastes better. There's no established criteria. No winners... no gold medals... oh wait... snooze...

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2021, 12:24:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Yuto is very good

This video was not good. The music and editing is so hilariously bad it actually makes me laugh.

Anyways, switch back shuv over the street gap was insane. Awesome clip
[close]

abd in a bronze vid 5 years back

Oh good to know. Who/which vid?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2021, 12:33:20 PM »
Massive shoegaze fan here who basically hunts down anything with it and for every one part with shoegaze there are at least 3 parts with hip hop, it isn't even close.  Also not liking this song does not make anything "white centric" it means you have functioning ears.

I like Yuto.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2021, 12:37:16 PM »
his boys might have told him what he needed in his part to make him more street, less robotic and maybe/probably win SOTY.
Switch downhill, wall rides, slam, doing AA dirty one and a half time, full on thrasher gear (is it a new model or did he put stickers on the sleeves?), almost looking like Hyun  with the kits sometimes (the kids gonna love it) and that balaclava. It’s just a theory  :D
Critics are more focused on Mark reading too many books anyway, way too suspect.
Nice sneaky operation April / Nike / Olympics

I don’t care, he’s my guilty pleasure for some time now. Kinda stiff with the legs à la BDK while skating in a totally different way. I like that. The arms / shoulders too. Destroying anything in his path.
Can see why some people find it soulless. I kinda find it perfect

From Tightbooth, Fesn to Yuto, Japan skateboarding is something else and I’m here for it
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 12:55:15 PM by BALARGUE »

Yu Dum

« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2021, 12:43:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yuto is very good

This video was not good. The music and editing is so hilariously bad it actually makes me laugh.

Anyways, switch back shuv over the street gap was insane. Awesome clip
[close]

abd in a bronze vid 5 years back
[close]

Oh good to know. Who/which vid?

Think it was Chachi who did it.
Edit: Maybe Adrian Vega.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2021, 01:21:36 PM »
Expand Quote
You know to each their own or whatever, a lot of people like future and that's cool, but it's hard for me to appreciate a singer who mumbles jibberish like,

but all I hear is..

"cashun oldfeely cnb mer

[close]

Unless you're a non-native speaker, shit is really not that hard to understand and a lot of musicians across genres focus on expression/tone over Webster's pro·nun·ci·a·tion.

An edit with church music. Holy shit, nbd?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »
yuto should win soty for the sw hillbomb alone.

I wanted suciu to win, but I change my mind.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

passtheish

« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2021, 01:40:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Massive shoegaze fan here who basically hunts down anything with it and for every one part with shoegaze there are at least 3 parts with hip hop, it isn't even close.  Also not liking this song does not make anything "white centric" it means you have functioning ears.

I like Yuto.

Never said shoe gaze is bad or the popular choice, only that folks on here love to complain when hip hop is used.

I like all genres of music and don’t usually complain about song choice in skateboarding but it’s no secret that hate for hip hop music or any genre that doesn’t center around white male artists is shit on in the comments and it’s obvious why  ::)

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2021, 01:42:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

but all I hear is..

"cashun oldfeely cnb mer

[close]

[close]

An edit with church music. Holy shit, nbd?

There was a church organ in the last Palace video.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2021, 01:43:06 PM »
No disrespect to all of your opinions, but I think it's really shaping up as Yuto for 2021's SOTY.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2021, 01:49:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

Never said shoe gaze is bad or the popular choice, only that folks on here love to complain when hip hop is used.

I like all genres of music and don’t usually complain about song choice in skateboarding but it’s no secret that hate for hip hop music or any genre that doesn’t center around white male artists is shit on in the comments and it’s obvious why  ::)
It might be possible to not love a genre of music without being a Klan member.  And everyone here wants Big L or GangStarr anyway not sure what Slap you're looking at.

Lin Thizzy

• Rep: 86
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2021, 01:59:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
parts without the skate audio is awful, rather just deal with the song. Its wild how much people care about music, its just skateboarding

Yea.. I mean, for the record, I was mostly just playin.
I do think its funny how polarizing a song can be for a skate part.
It makes me wonder how much thought should really go into choosing the right song for the part.
You have to admit that a song can make or break a good part.
Its a fine balance.. should the song subtly compliment the skating by gently highlighting the nuances of the skater's style, trick selection and/or locale?
Should the song be wholly incorporated into the the video part with layers of the music track in time, beat for beat, with the action of the performance?
I mean why shouldn't one take care in choosing their part's song as much as Degas chose to care about framing his famous Baigneuse Allongée Sur Le Sol?
We often hear regrets from people who years later after their video part dropped lament that their skating was coupled to a song they had no say in and cringe at hearing now..

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2021, 02:04:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

Cause they old as fuck?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2021, 02:31:28 PM »
SLAP folk, I hear some people saying his ender was a nollie 270 lip....isnt this technically a nollie 270 front board?

Need some skate nerds to help clear this up...

He approaches the rail frontside, does a nollie 270 and ends up in a front board position...is this correct or nah?

Fred Gall?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

slidethru

• Rep: -10
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2021, 02:53:55 PM »
"Put on some future bro"