Author Topic: Toy Machine and Foundation suck now  (Read 24389 times)

apport

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
Re: Toy Machine and Foundation suck now
« Reply #210 on: March 06, 2024, 06:49:10 AM »
If Toy Machine released any of that stuff on their own, you would all shit all over it.
does anyone even talk about the stuff toy machine releases now in the first place?

aside from leather vests and cheetah prints i very much doubt if toy machine re-released classic graphics and references to highlights in the brand’s history people would have much of a problem with it

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2024, 07:27:55 AM »
I like the Supreme collab, but mostly for ironic reasons.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2024, 07:46:01 AM »
Expand Quote
If Toy Machine released any of that stuff on their own, you would all shit all over it.
[close]
does anyone even talk about the stuff Toy Machine releases now in the first place?

aside from leather vests and cheetah prints i very much doubt if Toy Machine re-released classic graphics and references to highlights in the brand’s history people would have much of a problem with it

They just did this for their 30th anniversary.

Aside from that weird sock side hustle they had, toy has never been much for compelling soft goods
https://toymachine.com/catalog/category/view/s/tees-sweats/id/4/

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -65
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2024, 12:32:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
does anyone even talk about the stuff Toy Machine releases now in the first place?

aside from leather vests and cheetah prints i very much doubt if Toy Machine re-released classic graphics and references to highlights in the brand’s history people would have much of a problem with it
[close]

Aside from that weird sock side hustle they had, toy has never been much for compelling soft goods

Their tees have been pretty funny and cool for the most part the whole time.... Nothing crazy like the suff apparel brands make now but they used to make pants and jackets and sweaters that were cool in the late 90s/early 00

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2024, 01:12:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Some of this isn't bad... I mean it's not blowing me away but board brand clothing has always been shitty. When did Girl or Zero or any of these brands ever make compelling soft goods?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2024, 01:29:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Some of this isn't bad... I mean it's not blowing me away but board brand clothing has always been shitty. When did Girl or Zero or any of these brands ever make compelling soft goods?

crailtap, across it's brands, makes pants, shorts, jackets, vest, etc. So a full line, that goes further than just putting current graphics on Shirts/hoodies like a zero or toy.

scifi would be an example of a smaller brand doing better merch than all of Tumyeto (and zero)

although I will say I am starting to want some of this toy stuff.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2024, 02:32:28 PM »
Crailtap had Fourstar. Good stuff, right there. I had to give up a Girl beanie years ago because it said GIRL and had pictures of goats. Dummies kept coming up to me saying, “Are you a girl goat ahahahahahhahaha”

In my opinion, the fists should say “Supreme Machine.”

Good for Toy Machine, I guess? The brand is awfully strange now without a fearless leader, a la Templeton. The collab itself is odd, because in what world is a Toy rider “cool enough” to ride for Supreme or be in one of their videos?? And Tyshawn flow a decade ago doesn’t count..

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2024, 10:00:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2024, 12:36:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i got the steamer, maldanado and ba re-issue boards, i’d been waiting for toy to do something cool like that forever.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2024, 12:56:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

crailtap, across it's brands, makes pants, shorts, jackets, vest, etc. So a full line, that goes further than just putting current graphics on Shirts/hoodies like a zero or toy.

scifi would be an example of a smaller brand doing better merch than all of Tumyeto (and zero)

I love the brand and most of the designs but their quality of softgoods is god awful. At least from a few drops ago.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 128
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2024, 01:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I love the brand and most of the designs but their quality of softgoods is god awful. At least from a few drops ago.

Yeah, I was taken with a recent Sci-Fi t-shirt, but the quality was Primark level.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2024, 01:06:59 PM »
Surprised to see most of the Toy x Supreme collab sold out

Leather vest was faux leather so an instant pass.

I think Toy could benefit from printing smaller Monster logos on high quality hoodies. A skate classic.

nothing's been the since same

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2024, 02:13:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I meant Girl specifically and not the larger Crail umbrella, but I guess I should've made more of a point that I was specifically speaking to older deck brands and not newer stuff like FA or Sci-Fi. Just saying that most of these companies including Real and Anti-Hero and whoever have largely subscribed to the 'slap the logo on the t-shirt' and be done mentality so I don't see why we were singling Toy out in that regard

Obviously newer brands have a different approach

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1403
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2024, 02:19:13 PM »
Surprised to see most of the Toy x Supreme collab sold out

I wanted the American Monster collab deck. It's funny because I was praising that specific graphic some weeks back here on Slap, and then lo and behold, it reappears via a collab. I knew it would fly, it was a good choice of graphic.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2024, 03:08:05 PM »
Toy Machine’s got Lincoln Ueda’s son, Shiloh Catori, Myles Willard, CJ Collins, and Axel. They all rip hard. The art direction and brand identity is timeless. I think they were doing alright before the collab.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Buttworm

• Rep: 48
« Reply #225 on: March 08, 2024, 09:31:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i got the steamer, maldanado and ba re-issue boards, i’d been waiting for toy to do something cool like that forever.

That Maldo board is a classic

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1294
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2024, 07:08:07 AM »
i wonder why they didnt use imagery from the super homophobic berzerker tour video

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 91
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2024, 07:50:38 AM »
i wonder why they didnt use imagery from the super homophobic berzerker tour video

I haven’t watched it in about ten years , and I’m not doubting the presence of homophobia - but what specifically was homophobic in the video?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • no not never. looser.
« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2024, 09:01:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I haven’t watched it in about ten years , and I’m not doubting the presence of homophobia - but what specifically was homophobic in the video?
All I remember was calling the use of the Smiths’ “handsome devil” a gay song but that’s about it. Also if you’re gonna call the video homophobic say why. Early 00s had a lot of ‘phobin. The smiths are pretty gay

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 91
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2024, 11:12:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
All I remember was calling the use of the Smiths’ “handsome devil” a gay song but that’s about it. Also if you’re gonna call the video homophobic say why. Early 00s had a lot of ‘phobin. The smiths are pretty gay

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I didn't call the video homophobic. I was asking smellsdead what they saw in the video that was homophobic. Yeah you're right early 2000s definitely had a lot of it, that's why I said I wasn't doubting it in the video, just that I didn't recall what the instances were in Bezerker.

CurbRaiders

• Rep: -31
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2024, 11:18:20 AM »
Foundation and Toy Machine are objectively dope brands that I hope continue to exist for a long time to come

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2024, 11:37:01 AM »
Foundation? Dope?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2024, 11:46:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it was actaully from the 2003 "Sucking the Life" tour video where the filmer or someone in the background yells "faggot" and "homo" when the Butcher is doing weird grab tricks off a kicker ramp at the first demo at Krudco in Rawchester, NY. in the credits, there is something written along the lines apologizing for this slur and we will make it up by using a very "gay" smiths song.

at 1:44

Pooh Drunx

« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2024, 11:54:40 AM »
Foundation? Dope?

Ya. whats not dope about it? They gave us HK, Leo Romero, Ethan Fowler, Corey Glick, Strubing, Josh Beagle, Ronnie Creager, Corey Duffel, Ryan Spencer, Cole Wilson, Steve Olsen and like every skater ever.... They have been making videos since the beginning of videos and they ALL are good. There is a point in everyone's skate upbringing that a foundation video rocked you and you thought it was sick. Foundation gave a glick part every year since he got announced to the team. They have always produced and try through so many eras and are still finding ways to stay afloat...

Theres seriously no reason to have any hate towards this brand....

CurbRaiders

• Rep: -31
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2024, 12:02:49 PM »
^^^ 1000%, Foundation and Toy Machine are in a league of their own as far as legacy brands to never turn to stale corpo dog shit

Massivebellend

• Rep: -13
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2024, 12:09:02 PM »
Both suck

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • no not never. looser.
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2024, 12:24:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

it was actaully from the 2003 "Sucking the Life" tour video where the filmer or someone in the background yells "faggot" and "homo" when the Butcher is doing weird grab tricks off a kicker ramp at the first demo at Krudco in Rawchester, NY. in the credits, there is something written along the lines apologizing for this slur and we will make it up by using a very "gay" smiths song.

at 1:44

I was wondering what smellsdead was talking about also. Wouldn’t surprise me tho. My memory is rusty also.

Oh yeah sucking the life. Good videos maybe I should watch them again. Good and evil is 20 years old now dam.

Pooh Drunx

« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2024, 12:32:39 PM »

manuduncan

• Rep: 33
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2024, 12:48:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Foundation? Dope?
[close]

Ya. whats not dope about it? They gave us HK, Leo Romero, Ethan Fowler, Corey Glick, Strubing, Josh Beagle, Ronnie Creager, Corey Duffel, Ryan Spencer, Cole Wilson, Steve Olsen and like every skater ever.... They have been making videos since the beginning of videos and they ALL are good. There is a point in everyone's skate upbringing that a foundation video rocked you and you thought it was sick. Foundation gave a glick part every year since he got announced to the team. They have always produced and try through so many eras and are still finding ways to stay afloat...

Theres seriously no reason to have any hate towards this brand....

i don't think they're a "cool" brand on the level of say a sci fi or quasi or hockey in the sense that there's a coherent art direction and style to their stuff like the others have but i will say i enjoyed their whippersnappers vid way more than a lot of other videos that came out that year

Ninj2

• Rep: -103
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2024, 03:59:14 PM »
Toy machine was only cool when welcome to hell came out. Before that they had ads of with clips of what appeared to be something bad with chickens. And then Josh kalis tre flipping garbage can in sd. Then jump off building then that was kinda it except for the idiot in the pajamas. Foundation always suck and if you get stuck in that shit I am sorry. Many good skaters have ride for foundation some the best. Swank wax tho.