Author Topic: Skating at work?  (Read 2490 times)

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 249
Skating at work?
« on: December 23, 2021, 02:42:52 AM »
I have a heated, dusty old warehouse at work with mostly smooth ground. There is a newer vehicle lift, complete with diamond plating, that has become my little curb to skate. This time of year the boss is nowhere around, so I get some time in while I “clean the warehouse”. I’m sure I am fucked if I get caught but skating outside is done for a while with the weather so you gotta get it in when/where you can. Anyone else skate at work?

LongStoryShort

• Rep: -13
Re: Skating at work?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 02:44:56 AM »
Pro skaters skate at work all the time

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 830
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 02:47:06 AM »
i work at a new skateshop in my town, they hired me before it was even open and i helped them with the layout, got the owners to leave as much open space as possible so i could skate flatground inside  ;) they are fine with that though

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 02:49:07 AM »
I skate in my work. It's a huge complex. People used to be allowed to bike around inside but someone had an accident and ruined it for everyone else. There isn't anything to skate but it's great for flat and saves me loads of time getting around.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 02:53:04 AM »
I work in an industrial area with big rectangular buildings all over (bicycle factory, fish processing, school bus storage, the town dump, etc) but unfortunately the ground sucks, it's old asphalt that was probably put down 20 years ago.

However, there is a big unfinished concrete building that nobody cares about. It's just a shell, but the roof is finished and the ground is perfect (but a bit dusty/dirty) concrete. I've been sweeping it out prepping for the rainy season. I'll try it out when most people are taking their holiday break next week to see if anyone bothers me or calls the cops. It could be a lifesaver this winter. If nobody gives me any trouble I might push my luck and ask the metal fabricator in our zone to build a little flat bar to keep in there.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 02:56:11 AM »
I use to have very similar setup as OP but one night my boss caught me skating there, end of that story. Enjoy your session!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 04:11:07 AM »
Warehouse house with a forklift I raise and grind

somefucker

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2021, 04:14:33 AM »
i work in a pharma building with hazmat precautions so no :(

the new building has handrails and shoot out ledges on 5/6 stairs tho, def gonna try going on a sunday

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2021, 05:42:54 AM »
I work on a college campus and skate on my break every day. Security knows me so they are pretty chill, though they have high turnover and every now and then you get someone who is too serious.

Pretty nice because lunch breaks are generally the only times I really get to skate in the winter.

Indoor work spot would be sick.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2021, 06:23:06 AM »
I work at a skate shop so all we do is skate and smoke pot. also a tiny bit of customer service as well
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

LUGR

• Rep: 52
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2021, 06:27:56 AM »
I have a heated, dusty old warehouse at work with mostly smooth ground. There is a newer vehicle lift, complete with diamond plating, that has become my little curb to skate. This time of year the boss is nowhere around, so I get some time in while I “clean the warehouse”. I’m sure I am fucked if I get caught but skating outside is done for a while with the weather so you gotta get it in when/where you can. Anyone else skate at work?

Mop up that dusty warehouse floor with your sweaty body.

I stop by the park after going to the bank for a quickie sometimes.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021, 06:48:00 AM »
i could but never bothered. tbh im not a huge fan of skating indoors in general, id probably do some flat land here if it got really dire but id rather meet upw ith the homey and grab some brews

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2021, 06:53:31 AM »
I work for a big software dev company that still pretends it's the .com boom.  We have some long hallways and have scooters laying around, so I get to scoot at work.  I even taught myself tailwhips.  Never scooted outside the office though.

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2021, 07:03:49 AM »
Got a new office job this year…the ladies in the office get breakfast and lunch daily, and I fell into that trap. Gained some pounds and started spending too much…realized the office is in an industrial park with tons of freshly paved lots and low traffic, so I skate during the lunch break. Saving money, shedding weight, and getting better during lunch is def better than the alternative. The owner of the company noticed my habit and supplied me with some old curbs and palates for my basement set up as a result as well. Win-win.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2021, 07:24:37 AM »
My homie broke his leg on his lunch break, so brutal.

When I delivered pizza I would do all sorts of insane shit, skating definitely included.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2021, 07:44:59 AM »
I regularly go skating during lunchbreaks or when I need a break. The skatepark is just about 3-4 mins from my office.
Once I had an important meeting and I went skating before the meeting just to get my mind cleared.
I smashed my face on the ground and ended up breaking my thumb. Had to go back to the office with a bloody face and a broken thumb.
When the participants of the meeting asked me to turn on the camera I had to deny and tell them that my camera was broken

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2021, 08:02:27 AM »
Got a new office job this year…the ladies in the office get breakfast and lunch daily, and I fell into that trap. Gained some pounds and started spending too much…realized the office is in an industrial park with tons of freshly paved lots and low traffic, so I skate during the lunch break. Saving money, shedding weight, and getting better during lunch is def better than the alternative. The owner of the company noticed my habit and supplied me with some old curbs and palates for my basement set up as a result as well. Win-win.
:o Damn the owner hooked you up with curbs? He puts the capital B in Boss.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2021, 09:22:38 AM »
sometimes i’ll park far away and then just take my cruiser to work and i’ll go in the back room from time to time and do stationary manuals

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2021, 09:26:24 AM »
Can’t really skate at work… the rest of the guys at Chippendales don’t skate and it takes way too much time getting that bow tie and cuff links on and off.  Plus all that body oil really holds onto dirt and grime.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2021, 10:03:44 AM »
Just over 10 years ago I was a middle school history teacher. With it being shortly after the 2008 recession there were huge budget cuts happening in education and lots of teaching jobs were being eliminated. I had already been told my position would no longer exist the following school year, so I got my friend to bring his VX and film some clips with me skating in my classroom and through the halls before the school year was over. Figured it didn't really matter if I got caught by the Principal or administration because I wouldn't be working there next year anyway.

Anyway, had a blast doing it. Was a childhood dream fulfilled to skate through the halls and on those smooth, polished floors. My students were very hyped on the clips too when they saw them.   

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2021, 12:08:59 PM »
I used to deliver sandwiches when I was younger and If it was a close delivery I would just skate instead of driving. Usually got to do a couple every day

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2021, 02:25:15 PM »
I used to work as a maintenance man for a bunch of apartment complexes.  One of the buildings was former section 8 housing, condemned, no one ever went in it, etc.  i cleaned out the basement and skated inside there all winter.  Some spooky shit was always happening to me when I was there though and I eventually got so creeped out by it that I stopped using it. 

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2021, 05:38:11 PM »
Never got to do that but my building has these tiled hallways that would be sweet for flat ground.  Parking lot got re-paved to and has a few decent curb cuts. 

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2021, 07:04:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
:o Damn the owner hooked you up with curbs? He puts the capital B in Boss.

"No bonus this year, remember when I hooked you up with that curb though?"

My parking lot got redone and there's been an extra parking stop chilling against another shop for a year that I keep forgetting to take home.

joudanIV

• Rep: -1
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2021, 08:45:13 PM »
I suggested to our HR department to make us a mini ramp and they did. 

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2021, 10:28:16 PM »
I had one job where everybody in the warehouse rode bikes and scooters and shit so I brought a board in to get around. Eventually that led to a flatbar and a little QP stashed in the back. We also had crates and pallets and all kinds of shit we built that I could use for manny pads and launch ramps and shit.

I’d go to the park on lunch a lot and broke my leg on one of those sessions. They let me skate for transportation in the warehouse after that, but they made me take all the ramps and obstacles out.

I was in my late 30’s then and damn near skating at my teenage level just because I was constantly on my board like I was as a kid. But I got fired.

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2021, 10:53:42 PM »
Nope, but I sometimes work at my skate spot..

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2021, 02:08:31 AM »
On this day one year ago I was working from home. It was a dry and sunny day and a mate wanted to skate (a Christmas miracle). I was the only one working and by 10am I asked myself who the fuck would call in on the 24th for a house renovation project so I put the phone on airplane mode and went skating. No one ended up calling of course. Looking back that was rad.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

eSK3

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2021, 02:45:23 AM »
Sure do! I get usually a 90 min lunch break. Definitely have the curbs near my preferred parking spot hella waxed.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2021, 07:36:23 AM »
i used to work at a bagel store and would regularly do slappy noseslides on the edge of the mop sink because it was made of brick and curb height. chunked that bitch out eventually cause i would get carried away lol
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick