Author Topic: Skaters who have g.o.a.t skill but havent/didnt have a magnum opus part  (Read 12612 times)

woodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 65
Re: Skaters who have g.o.a.t skill but havent/didnt have a magnum opus part
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2022, 03:21:06 PM »
Tim Upson was one of the best but he didn’t like to film. I used to film with him a little.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2022, 03:29:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Salman Agah
TNT
Tyshawn
Ronnie Creager
[close]
What the hell are you talking about?  Salman Agah had The Real Video.  Tyshawn had Blessed.  Both helped get them SOTY.

Blessed wasnt a fullpart.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2022, 03:47:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salman Agah
TNT
Tyshawn
Ronnie Creager
[close]
What the hell are you talking about?  Salman Agah had The Real Video.  Tyshawn had Blessed.  Both helped get them SOTY.
[close]

It was two songs and nine minutes long, not including the switch tre in Paris. How in God's name do you figure that wasn't a full part?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2022, 03:56:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salman Agah
TNT
Tyshawn
Ronnie Creager
[close]
[close]

[close]

It was two songs and nine minutes long, not including the switch tre in Paris. How in God's name do you figure that wasn't a full part?

I dont know how long you are in slap. But it was the focus of his Soty debate...not have a fullpart.

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2022, 03:59:01 PM »
Alex Moul but I always say that in these types of threads.

Alex Moul is an amazing shout, he was still rad when he came back from doing music but you could tell he missed out the years were everyone got more stylish and got a bit more fussy with trick selection. I think he'd definitely have been on level with Rowley and Penny, could skate massive rails and do proper mental tech stuff.

Keeping it UK, it's a shame Danny Wainwright never had a part that showed what he could really do, his 411 profiles is probably the closest and even then it didn't come close to showing what he was capable of. Everyone in the US just knows him as the ollie guy but he was also a legit vert skater, could do all the tech/manual stuff and literally never fell off when I saw him skate UK comps. Seeing him skate Lloyds in Bristol when the Osiris team were there was almost embarrassing how much better he was, I know it's his local TF but still.

Last one for now is John Rattray. felt like when he went to America everyone in the industry knew how good he was but he never really got the shine with the public. Another one who could skate vert to a 540 level, good at tech/ledge stuff, amazing style and also skated rails and gaps well enough to be pro for Zero. His Waiting for the World part is pretty amazing but I feel like he got even better after that but his Zero parts never showed it, his 411 rookies is really good too but not a magnum opus.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2022, 04:17:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salman Agah
TNT
Tyshawn
Ronnie Creager
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I dont know how long you are in slap. But it was the focus of his Soty debate...not have a fullpart.

Before Blessed he had a full part in Away Days. He had several full parts before he was SOTY. You don't know what you're talking about.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2022, 04:20:12 PM »
This current gen of all timers are pumping so many parts that it makes me think that a majority of the previous gen that are currently in that 30-40 year bracket could’ve done so much more (Spanky, Luan, Alex Olson, etc etc) Expectations and pace are just different now.

But things are changing and skaters are putting out great parts later in their careers too, so too early to tell for many

Spanky had a definitive part when he was a kid and he’s currently ripping in his 2nd prime IMO

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2301
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2022, 04:39:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Salman Agah
TNT
Tyshawn
Ronnie Creager
[close]
[close]

Yeah, and MJ only had a couple clips in Fully Flared

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

biaherl

• Rep: 276
    • Why So Sad avatar image

Lisa96

« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2022, 05:17:32 PM »
girl videos suck

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2022, 07:37:31 PM »
Tim Upson was one of the best but he didn’t like to film. I used to film with him a little.

None of those early Anti Hero guys had much  in the way of a part as I gather.   Sean Young hasn’t as far as I can tell.   

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »

his part in the Think video where he is singing Jimi Hendrix Foxy Lady is so sick

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2022, 12:47:05 PM »
rowan & ishod

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2022, 03:46:15 PM »
danny way

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2022, 06:32:15 PM »
Expand Quote
This current gen of all timers are pumping so many parts that it makes me think that a majority of the previous gen that are currently in that 30-40 year bracket could’ve done so much more (Spanky, Luan, Alex Olson, etc etc) Expectations and pace are just different now.

But things are changing and skaters are putting out great parts later in their careers too, so too early to tell for many
[close]

Spanky had a definitive part when he was a kid and he’s currently ripping in his 2nd prime IMO

No doubt. Baker 4, RVCA, Emerica etc were sick parts (and nothing beats a Spanky IG edit). When I mentioned him, I was thinking of his epicly laterd episode, where he talks about how he was being lazy, the fire incident, etc. during his 20s and then got his sht together (and has been ripping ever since)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 10:04:23 PM by GliderSkateboards »

goldenbullcow

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2022, 08:34:24 AM »
Expand Quote
danny way
[close]

🙄
im actually bring serious. if he’s had his then point me in that direction

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2022, 08:50:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
danny way
[close]

🙄
[close]

Okay, Danny way has had 3:
Plan b: “questionable”
Plan b: “virtual reality”
Dc video

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2022, 08:56:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
danny way
[close]

🙄
[close]
[close]

Dc video
thanks! i’ve seen those, i just grew up when danny way aired the great wall of china and then it was the waiting for lightning shit and it was this whole thing and for some reason i just passed those parts off as nothing

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2022, 10:45:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
danny way
[close]

🙄
[close]
[close]

Dc video
[close]
thanks! i’ve seen those, i just grew up when danny way aired the great wall of china and then it was the waiting for lightning shit and it was this whole thing and for some reason i just passed those parts off as nothing
No worries. Danny was the first person to be innovative simultaneously in the streets and on transition. No one was as good as him on both of those disciplines at that time and maybe never since. Watch either plan b part again and they speak loudly, even thirty years later

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2022, 02:20:04 PM »
There was a Tourvideo in which Ishod did a 540 or a mcTwistin a pool or so.

He has not peaked until he does one in a proper part.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -468
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2022, 06:56:40 AM »
Tyshawn just because you can’t have your magnum opus be at like 19 (and be what, your second and so far last full part), and he has GOAT level talent so more is to be expected. Good for him for being on his mogul shit now but I wish we had gotten more from him. Very unique skater.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2022, 06:59:29 AM »
There was a Tourvideo in which Ishod did a 540 or a mcTwistin a pool or so.

He has not peaked until he does one in a proper part.
Link please.  Huge Ishod fan, never seen this....kinda don't believe it.

goldenbullcow

« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2022, 09:59:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
danny way
[close]

🙄
[close]
[close]

Dc video
[close]
[close]
No worries. Danny was the first person to be innovative simultaneously in the streets and on transition. No one was as good as him on both of those disciplines at that time and maybe never since. Watch either plan b part again and they speak loudly, even thirty years later

Questionable alone is three songs long... amazing part.... he also had H-Street parts prior.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2022, 12:29:32 PM »
Alexis Ramirez has put out some sick parts already but I think he’s got even better ones in his future

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2022, 12:39:14 PM »
I don't think Robbie Gangemi ever really had a part that showed how stylish he was on a board, but he only really had one full part in Zoo York Mixtape

quackquack

• Rep: -441
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2022, 01:58:01 PM »
Alexis Ramirez has put out some sick parts already but I think he’s got even better ones in his future

I hope so. Dude is amazing and doesn't seem to break a sweat while crushing crazy rails and aesthetic-tech.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2022, 06:02:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Penny. He got robbed of his opus magnum because he injured his ankle jumping around on those boulders. Such a pity.
[close]
[close]

Is that true? Somehow I had never heard of that story. Always had thought/heard Penny was just a bit of a recluse and didn’t care to film much

He injured himself in the clip at the start of his Sorry part where he jumps between the rocks. Flip and es came to an agreement that all his best footage from both projects would go to Sorry so he has a full part, hence the Menikmati retrospective part
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2022, 06:05:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Alex Moul but I always say that in these types of threads.
[close]

Alex Moul is an amazing shout, he was still rad when he came back from doing music but you could tell he missed out the years were everyone got more stylish and got a bit more fussy with trick selection. I think he'd definitely have been on level with Rowley and Penny, could skate massive rails and do proper mental tech stuff.

Keeping it UK, it's a shame Danny Wainwright never had a part that showed what he could really do, his 411 profiles is probably the closest and even then it didn't come close to showing what he was capable of. Everyone in the US just knows him as the ollie guy but he was also a legit vert skater, could do all the tech/manual stuff and literally never fell off when I saw him skate UK comps. Seeing him skate Lloyds in Bristol when the Osiris team were there was almost embarrassing how much better he was, I know it's his local TF but still.

Last one for now is John Rattray. felt like when he went to America everyone in the industry knew how good he was but he never really got the shine with the public. Another one who could skate vert to a 540 level, good at tech/ledge stuff, amazing style and also skated rails and gaps well enough to be pro for Zero. His Waiting for the World part is pretty amazing but I feel like he got even better after that but his Zero parts never showed it, his 411 rookies is really good too but not a magnum opus.

This Wainwright part was real good, ender is contender for one of the best tres ever

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Bryanferry

• Rep: -43
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2022, 08:33:01 AM »
JACK KIRK