Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420397 times)

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -25
Re: Gifted Hater street part
« Reply #1710 on: February 14, 2023, 02:09:58 PM »
enjoyed that more than I expected. got a little max palmer in him. could see him on limo if he wasn't 'gifted hater'

music sucked but probably was intentional seeing as he is an internet troll playing a joke on us all.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #1711 on: February 14, 2023, 02:14:25 PM »
I love hyperpop and all but wooo boy that was a rough song. He's undeniably really fucking good at skating tho, and his trick selection is pretty unique. I could see him in a frog or limo edit.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1712 on: February 14, 2023, 02:16:55 PM »
made a 5050 kickflip out look decent! I hope that was also intentional trolling

Tom Pearl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #1713 on: February 14, 2023, 02:21:15 PM »
I know the music and his look is just him being ironic but god damn he gives me some serious pedo vibes

uhhhhhhhh what?

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #1714 on: February 14, 2023, 02:22:30 PM »
How are you taking the song seriously instead of just laughing at it. He's constantly using the most outrageous monster energy edm music

feel like its gonna be harder to be critical on one thing but turn around and do the same thing and then back-peddle to some excuse why he did it

slimvanilla

« Reply #1715 on: February 14, 2023, 02:31:08 PM »
I love hyperpop and all but wooo boy that was a rough song. He's undeniably really fucking good at skating tho, and his trick selection is pretty unique. I could see him in a frog or limo edit.
his whole thing is about being ironic, so im not taking the song choice too seriously

Roy Machine

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1716 on: February 14, 2023, 02:31:35 PM »
Expand Quote
I know the music and his look is just him being ironic but god damn he gives me some serious pedo vibes
[close]

uhhhhhhhh what?

He's in his mid/late twenties, right? With the music and all he looks like a grown man who goes to a my little pony convention

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1717 on: February 14, 2023, 02:34:57 PM »
I knew he was good but this still really passed my expectations. Actually feels like something I'd watch even if I wasn't a fan of his other videos. Didn't like the strobeck filming though and there were definitely some clips that weren't on the same level as the rest

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1718 on: February 14, 2023, 02:36:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

uhhhhhhhh what?
[close]

He's in his mid/late twenties, right? With the music and all he looks like a grown man who goes to a my little pony convention
Meanwhile Dan Corrigan, who looks and dresses like a lot of slap, is the 35 year old with the gf over a decade younger than him.

Brad Wesley

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1719 on: February 14, 2023, 02:38:04 PM »
How are you taking the song seriously instead of just laughing at it. He's constantly using the most outrageous monster energy edm music

Skaters using irritating music they don't actually like for ironic lolz just strikes me as an overly self-conscious defense mechanism. Like someone who was 90% done with a pretty good painting and decided to scribble a big red dick on it to distance themselves from the potential sting of negative feedback. There's plenty of guilty pleasure garbage music from the past that's both bad but bearable. Or maybe he just didn't have the time or mental energy to obsess over the music and was just trying to avoid a copyright strike. I don't know.

Music aside, GH is a better skater than I or any of my friends have ever been even during our peak teenage years before we got into beer & weed.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #1720 on: February 14, 2023, 02:38:38 PM »
The bluntside, fakie manual, fakie flip out was sick.  Other than the varialflip out of the manual, all the tricks were stomped super clean.  Enjoy the (presumably) ironic rocking of the Zero shirts…
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 03:43:07 PM by big_kev_215 »

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #1721 on: February 14, 2023, 02:50:47 PM »
Damn dude knows how to put together a line. Definitely can tell he's a Max Palmer fan.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1722 on: February 14, 2023, 02:58:50 PM »

Good choice to get a hair cut.

FROTHY

« Reply #1723 on: February 14, 2023, 03:05:25 PM »
He's like Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat, but instead of stealing people's souls, he just aggregates their skateboarding violations.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1724 on: February 14, 2023, 03:07:16 PM »
I like the Vincent Alvarez fs 180 up the curb

vinithebr

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1725 on: February 14, 2023, 03:16:19 PM »
He was talking about music in a livestream once, saying he was just tired of the common pop stuff, he seems to be atm quite into whatever genre that is (edm/rave/techno?), he has a second channel with some edits to similar type of songs, I doubt it's ironical
Which is totally fine but he can keep his specific tastes for himself instead of putting it in a part for a wide audience, where digestible stuff that won't distract is preferred. Cool tricks tho

Skaters using irritating music they don't actually like for ironic lolz just strikes me as an overly self-conscious defense mechanism. Like someone who was 90% done with a pretty good painting and decided to scribble a big red dick on it to distance themselves from the potential sting of negative feedback.
Worth to be here and I don't think he enjoying it changes anything.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 03:31:43 PM by vinithebr »

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1726 on: February 14, 2023, 03:31:34 PM »
why would anyone want to watch this

vinithebr

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1727 on: February 14, 2023, 03:45:16 PM »
Skaters using irritating music they don't actually like for ironic lolz just strikes me as an overly self-conscious defense mechanism. Like someone who was 90% done with a pretty good painting and decided to scribble a big red dick on it to distance themselves from the potential sting of negative feedback.

With you on this, he mentioned it once in a livestream and I think he actually likes it, but that doesn't really change anything

cutman

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1728 on: February 14, 2023, 03:47:43 PM »
all gen z videos sound and feel like what the hudson yards looks like

good footage tho

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #1729 on: February 14, 2023, 03:59:56 PM »
the filming kinda gave me a headache but otherwise that was really cool

disintegration

• Rep: -115
« Reply #1730 on: February 14, 2023, 04:09:43 PM »
Doesn't have a decent taste in music so uses the most obnoxious shit ever. Being over-ironic isn't ironic, it's just lame.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #1731 on: February 14, 2023, 04:17:11 PM »
ironic or not, using Hyperpop/Nightcore for a skate edit has to be the most gamer/YouTuber choice possible

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 175
« Reply #1732 on: February 14, 2023, 04:26:59 PM »
Yeah I kinda wanted some noise, like the MBV “Sometimes” track he used in one of the Vlogman4000 edits.  I appreciate that irony is his thing, and being more earnest would open him up to criticism, but yeah, not my favorite song choice, free electronic whatever it is, I just think he is capable of more but that will hopefully come with time.  His skating is fun to watch.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1733 on: February 14, 2023, 04:30:33 PM »
Fakie manny Fakie tre was so good.
And I didn’t hate the hyper pop either

Feels like what a happy medium video would feel like if it was filmed in the current era

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1734 on: February 14, 2023, 04:37:29 PM »
Damn Gifted's fast-feet game is on point! That nosebonk bigspin to fakie bigflip was excellent.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1735 on: February 14, 2023, 04:51:09 PM »
music sucked but probably was intentional seeing as he is an internet troll playing a joke on us all.

It’s a little sociopathic to spend all the time and effort to film a really nice part and then intentionally choose to use the most repellent song in the history of mankind.  Imagine how much better this would have been if he was skating to En Vogue or something.

Or is it possible that we are completely out-of-touch with what the kids like?  Maybe we just listened to their generation’s version of The Beatles.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1736 on: February 14, 2023, 04:51:56 PM »
horrible music. great skating. in fact i loved the skating.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #1737 on: February 14, 2023, 05:09:52 PM »
Ironic or not, has there ever been worse music for a part? Very good skating though.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1738 on: February 14, 2023, 05:18:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s a little sociopathic to spend all the time and effort to film a really nice part and then intentionally choose to use the most repellent song in the history of mankind.  Imagine how much better this would have been if he was skating to En Vogue or something.

Or is it possible that we are completely out-of-touch with what the kids like?  Maybe we just listened to their generation’s version of The Beatles.

Well you're talking about a generation who have spent a a large amount of time carefully curating their social media image and personality based on internet content to be who they think they should be. To me he doesn't come off as very genuine, just peak try hard irony. His skating is quite good. Sadly I can tell based on his setup that lots of this footage is pretty old so I would guess he's got another part in him.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1643
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1739 on: February 14, 2023, 05:19:26 PM »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate