Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420499 times)

ejazzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3360 on: November 15, 2023, 12:36:42 PM »
lot more pros rolling around on dragons than you think. when the roll up is almost dead silent you know whats going on.

If I could skate like anyone I think I'd pick ryan for sure. Also, I'd kill to have a park like that around me.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -314
« Reply #3361 on: November 15, 2023, 01:32:47 PM »
"Quarterpipes suck"

"It's nice to not have to drop in on a quarterpipe to hit something"

"It's nice to throw down and push at something"

-Ryan Lay

Mans speakin my language. Respect for having the bravery to say it. People really don't understand it. Throwing down your board and pushing > dropping in.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #3362 on: November 15, 2023, 01:42:26 PM »
"Quarterpipes suck"

-Ryan Lay

Mans speakin my language. Respect for having the bravery to say it. People really don't understand it. Throwing down your board and pushing > dropping in.

What about the run and jump on?

Roll-in > anything else imo
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #3363 on: November 15, 2023, 01:45:44 PM »
Ryan Lay curved rail mini part to Paramore was the highlight of the vid

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -314
« Reply #3364 on: November 15, 2023, 02:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
"Quarterpipes suck"

-Ryan Lay

[close]

You mean like give your board a lil push with your foot then jump on? Sure that’s fun too. The point is, going the the speed you actually want to be going.
Hard disagree on the roll-in. It’s really hard to get the right speed when you’re rolling down a bank or dropping in on a QP. You often are too fast for what you want to hit. Throw down and push is always the best IMO and Ryan agrees, I feel seen. Their ain’t QPs to drop into in the streets.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #3365 on: November 15, 2023, 04:30:51 PM »
5.5 hour drive from LA almost seems worth it because that park looks perfect for an old dumbass like me.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3366 on: November 15, 2023, 04:47:36 PM »
did some slo mo detective work
seems like ryan is running ace 60s with a sci-fi 8.75
and those are definitely dragons, probably v1s
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #3367 on: November 15, 2023, 05:06:01 PM »
lot more pros rolling around on dragons than you think.

Name names. Who’s swell riding instead of hell riding?

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 30
« Reply #3368 on: November 15, 2023, 05:31:05 PM »
ryan's sponsor glow-up is pretty beautiful

welcome, krux, etnies --> sci fi, ace, nb#

aging like fine wine!

hot_key_93

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3369 on: November 16, 2023, 12:46:44 AM »
I would happily skate a park like that for the rest of my life

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #3370 on: November 16, 2023, 02:46:56 AM »
It's such a treat watching Ryan skate! The section on that curved flatbar was amazing he's really talented

I would happily skate a park like that for the rest of my life

Me too man... seems so fun I'm actually jealous

imburntyerburntwhocares

• Rep: -6
« Reply #3371 on: November 16, 2023, 06:16:16 AM »
When did the beanie over hood trend start?

Kinda been a thing. Personally, I fuck with it.

Kaezan

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3372 on: November 16, 2023, 08:49:19 AM »

This shit is hilarious... Dude seems like he got really hurt over something very soft.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 08:56:16 AM by Kaezan »

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #3373 on: November 16, 2023, 09:35:04 AM »
ryan's sponsor glow-up is pretty beautiful

welcome, krux, etnies --> sci fi, ace, nb#

aging like fine wine!

Definitely. It's beautiful to witness.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

heinzketchup

• Rep: 57
« Reply #3374 on: November 16, 2023, 09:53:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"Quarterpipes suck"

-Ryan Lay

[close]

[close]

You mean like give your board a lil push with your foot then jump on? Sure that’s fun too. The point is, going the the speed you actually want to be going.
Hard disagree on the roll-in. It’s really hard to get the right speed when you’re rolling down a bank or dropping in on a QP. You often are too fast for what you want to hit. Throw down and push is always the best IMO and Ryan agrees, I feel seen. Their ain’t QPs to drop into in the streets.

I dont know man, this sounds like you should just skate street if a bank or a quarter pipe sucks that much to you.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3375 on: November 16, 2023, 01:39:27 PM »

This shit is hilarious... Dude seems like he got really hurt over something very soft.

I mostly like that dude Local Joe, never met him in real life but some videos from him are cool. Only thing which seems a bit strange to me is the use of the word entrepreneur to describe himself. A Youtube channel and some printed clothes doesn't seem like entrepreneurship to me. I don't know. But I dig his message, trying to create a better life for his family and himself. Also it isn't easy to regularly create content and try to make money from Youtube. I don't think Joe was hurt about that comment but he saw an opportunity there. It was kinda smart to use Gifted Haters "diss" as a reason to make a video and try to sell his merch. If you are in that Youtube shit you gotta go all in, right?
IG: @flowterspace

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3376 on: November 16, 2023, 01:50:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mostly like that dude Local Joe, never met him in real life but some videos from him are cool. Only thing which seems a bit strange to me is the use of the word entrepreneur to describe himself. A Youtube channel and some printed clothes doesn't seem like entrepreneurship to me. I don't know. But I dig his message, trying to create a better life for his family and himself. Also it isn't easy to regularly create content and try to make money from Youtube. I don't think Joe was hurt about that comment but he saw an opportunity there. It was kinda smart to use Gifted Haters "diss" as a reason to make a video and try to sell his merch. If you are in that Youtube shit you gotta go all in, right?
I guess. I could care less about a funny comment, but I’m not ranting for 10 minutes about anything in camera and using some lighthearted comment as the catalyst

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #3377 on: November 16, 2023, 02:44:31 PM »
Didn’t scroll all 100+ pages but:

If you’ve seen my posts before I started posting again (I haven’t posted on Slap since probably 2018), I lived with/am one of the Fancy Lad heads - not on the team or whatever, had joke-y parts in the old videos.

Anyway, Fancy Lad has a podcast. If nobody’s posted it in this thread or aware of it, there’s a Gifted Hater episode. Seems like a really cool guy, I gotta listen to the episode again.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #3378 on: November 16, 2023, 03:00:05 PM »

If you’ve seen my posts before I started posting again (I haven’t posted on Slap since probably 2018), I lived with/am one of the Fancy Lad heads - not on the team or whatever, had joke-y parts in the old videos.

Anyway, Fancy Lad has a podcast. If nobody’s posted it in this thread or aware of it, there’s a Gifted Hater episode. Seems like a really cool guy, I gotta listen to the episode again.

Fancy Lad pod is a fun listen. Wish they posted more episodes

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3379 on: November 16, 2023, 03:13:03 PM »
https://youtu.be/O7zTU76TD0w?si=UFbBesRR9eeNySLE

I didn’t know they still put the episodes on YouTube - here it is!

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3380 on: November 16, 2023, 03:19:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fancy Lad pod is a fun listen. Wish they posted more episodes

I have an episode on it but I won’t post it… too embarrassing, haha. All I’ll say is that it’s on YouTube but it’s from before they put episodes on the official Apple podcast app

lurkluke

• Rep: 194
« Reply #3381 on: November 16, 2023, 03:20:41 PM »

drop us a link

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3382 on: November 16, 2023, 04:19:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what is the point of having merch this boring and bland. The entrepreneur thing is corny as fuck, he seems super goofy but good for him if that makes him happy.  I can picture him try some dumbass morning routine from sports people on video
check my music

Banned from the room

« Reply #3383 on: November 16, 2023, 05:08:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This video hurt my heart.

Banned from the room

« Reply #3384 on: November 16, 2023, 05:11:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

drop us a link

I got a FL podcast t shirt. I love it. The got the best ever && interview too.

Everyone should watch that one too. It's when I realized && is more than kinda sick.

I haven't watched I a little bit. I think they do it kind of sporadically.

Sideburns are the truth

lurkluke

• Rep: 194
« Reply #3385 on: November 16, 2023, 05:44:54 PM »
I put that local joe vid on in the background... "I'm pretty light hearted..." 10 minute video over a throwaway joke

That's anything but light hearted dude

Kaezan

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3386 on: November 16, 2023, 06:36:32 PM »
Yeah, that thing was weird... he was acting like he didn't care, but it's a funny way to show it by making a video talking about it for 10 minutes... specially toward the end. That's when it seemed like it go to him and he seemed to be trying to play it off.

I don't care if he sells merch... do what you have to do to support your family. If this helps him, cool... but it's come off really whiny to me.

Banned from the room

« Reply #3387 on: November 16, 2023, 06:39:45 PM »
I did the same. I caught the part about his family and kids.

Made me think damn. I hope they getting all they need to live.

I could be way off. I don't really know what he was talking about.

I assumed his skating/channel might be kinda rough on his family life.

Clearly a nerve was struck by gh.

Banned from the room

« Reply #3388 on: November 16, 2023, 06:40:50 PM »
I imagine all YouTubers kids are bummed. Especially if they are going into highschool.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3389 on: November 16, 2023, 08:28:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

drop us a link

Posted it a few posts above, but it went up with no thumbnail or anything. Let me try again, I’ll post the link to the Apple podcast link as well :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=O7zTU76TD0w

https://podcasts.apple.com/no/podcast/clickbait-switch-w-gifted-hater/id1475813993?i=1000574727188

EDIT: what the fuck, how do people post YouTube links with the thumbnail where you can just watch it right on the forum post?! Lemme try one other time…https://youtu.be/O7zTU76TD0w?si=xOBigGTOykP_DNZp

EDIT 2: Fuck it. I don’t know how people do this. I’ll try ONE LAST TIME http://youtube.com/O7zTU76TD0

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 08:39:49 PM by GOKU »