Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420485 times)

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3450 on: December 07, 2023, 10:25:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Every time I see that particular kind of Pal being salty about GH's career I feel even better about paying him my monthly Patreon subscription. Love you Joa, appreciate your service.
[close]

"I’ll show you by emptying my bank account!"

Sounding like my monthly OF subscription payments. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Shtonk

• Rep: -450
« Reply #3451 on: December 07, 2023, 11:34:53 PM »
https://youtu.be/Xsl9jfGXBNA?si=1sKDUKtC1CmZrjcc
The Steve Berra thing at 10. Is insane!!! Someone thread it I don’t really know how

Posting something that's behind a paywall is pretty fucked dude. Subscribe to his Patreon if you want the content.

lurkluke

• Rep: 194
« Reply #3452 on: December 08, 2023, 12:43:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Orbs thing was wack. Why embarrass a company paying your friend. Regardless of if he rides them.
[close]

For what it’s worth Joa admitted guilt and claims he feels bad. Even offered to supplement Ryan’s income.  Until he gets him a wheel sponsor. How much of that was for the camera, who’s to say.

It’s pretty weak for orbs to drop you because your  homie was clowning your brand. Also it’s not like orbs was just in lab working on a dragon alternative. He should be able to tryout the hot new wheel.

I feel live if they wanted a peaceful resolution they could have asked Joa to remove the 5ish seconds he clowns orbs and/or have Ryan post about how he still prefers orbs better yet they could have done nothing then we can go back to not knowing Ryan was on orbs in the first place.

A peaceful resolution is straight ignoring it.

It was a one off joke in a long vid. Nothing should have come of it.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #3453 on: December 08, 2023, 02:25:44 AM »
Expand Quote
https://youtu.be/Xsl9jfGXBNA?si=1sKDUKtC1CmZrjcc
The Steve Berra thing at 10. Is insane!!! Someone thread it I don’t really know how
[close]

Posting something that's behind a paywall is pretty fucked dude. Subscribe to his Patreon if you want the content.

dude posted the link himself which means he prob pays for the patreon already. i do too and i don’t care, he’s already making like 10k bucks monthly for barely doing anything. it’s just a stream vod come on now

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 95
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #3454 on: December 08, 2023, 03:56:06 AM »
Slagging Tom Knox off so much was wack. GH used to love Tom, appreciated the unconventional, 'creative' skating at mad spots. Now that half of Slap has thrown Tom under the bus, because SOTY season has fried their brains, he's changed his tune. I know it's an ongoing joke that he molds his opinion from nonsense farmed from this forum, but come on.

I like GH, for the most part, but he chats some shite sometimes. I love his trick battle videos where he's mic'd up, they're fun.

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -68
  • eight equals d
« Reply #3455 on: December 08, 2023, 04:17:28 AM »
Slagging Tom Knox off so much was wack. GH used to love Tom, appreciated the unconventional, 'creative' skating at mad spots. Now that half of Slap has thrown Tom under the bus, because SOTY season has fried their brains, he's changed his tune. I know it's an ongoing joke that he molds his opinion from nonsense farmed from this forum, but come on.

I like GH, for the most part, but he chats some shite sometimes. I love his trick battle videos where he's mic'd up, they're fun.

Every critique he had on Tom Knox part was complete valid. And I agree with every sentiment. Tom Knox fucking sucks
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #3456 on: December 08, 2023, 04:44:06 AM »
his whole critique of Tom was blasphemy. tom has been putting out the most consistent, inspiring street skating this year and deserves the SOTY.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #3457 on: December 08, 2023, 05:47:13 AM »

I can see why someone gets ankurble bored with Tom Knox‘ skating. But the intensity of his jokes in TK behalf are borderline cyber bullying. You can criticize whatever you want but when he comments   about Tom‘s zipped up jacket restricting his bloodflow and making him skate whack tricks ventures into Reddit / comment section territory.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3458 on: December 08, 2023, 06:01:00 AM »
his whole critique of Tom was blasphemy. tom has been putting out the most consistent, inspiring street skating this year and deserves the SOTY.

Nothing about Toms parts this year are inspiring. He is putting out consistent footage because he isn't actually doing anything in the clips. Based on the bag of tricks we have seen from him in the past he is capable of much more. Which is what GH is saying and I agree. If you look at 99% of the clips he hasn't broken a sweat or looked like he has fallen even once. But I would look the same if I did drop down a 4, drop down a 5, single push backside flip a 4 flat.

There is relatable skating and then there is what Tom has done this year, I'm fairly confident I could recreate all of his footage this year and one up a few tricks in a month in England.

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #3459 on: December 08, 2023, 06:26:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nothing about Toms parts this year are inspiring. He is putting out consistent footage because he isn't actually doing anything in the clips. Based on the bag of tricks we have seen from him in the past he is capable of much more. Which is what GH is saying and I agree. If you look at 99% of the clips he hasn't broken a sweat or looked like he has fallen even once. But I would look the same if I did drop down a 4, drop down a 5, single push backside flip a 4 flat.

There is relatable skating and then there is what Tom has done this year, I'm fairly confident I could recreate all of his footage this year and one up a few tricks in a month in England.

Another delusional hater.

Not sure where this yearning for an old Tom is coming from, he is skating at the top of his game. GH jizzing all over himself watching that Vase part and then immediately shitting on everything he does now was hilarious. I find it disrespectful.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -314
« Reply #3460 on: December 08, 2023, 06:38:27 AM »
GH was harsh in his critique, "this is putrid" is a little much, but I mostly agree with him. Go back and rewatch Tom's other two Atlantic Drift parts "Episode 11" and "Saint Tom Knox". Those are way better than his most recent parts. Better variety of tricks and spots that better suit his quick-footed style. His first AD still really holds up and has lots of great clips. His Vase part is also good, but it suffers from being filmed during the mid 2010's (very bad time for pants lol).

He could throw in a handful of harder tricks and it would make his skating so much better. Like just do a back noseblunt, a switch flip back tail, a nollie frontside heelflip, or a fakie 5-0 fakie flip, skate a bump to bar or a handrail, just anything different. This could be said for a lot of pros.   

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
« Reply #3461 on: December 08, 2023, 08:02:14 AM »
Maybe he's in a slump or feeling his age. Not saying he couldn't bounce back from it but if me, a terrible unsponsored nobody can feel uninspired or stagnant, I'm sure a seasoned pro who's filmed a bunch of parts in his career can feel out of whack too. I can see alot of what GH is saying but he's acting like Tom's putting out this part out during SOTY season to slight everyone. When he's probably just skating to fulfill his responsibilities and film with his friend. The timeline of when things drop can't be entirely up to the skater when they have big sponsors right?

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3462 on: December 08, 2023, 08:17:47 AM »
GH was harsh in his critique, "this is putrid" is a little much, but I mostly agree with him. Go back and rewatch Tom's other two Atlantic Drift parts "Episode 11" and "Saint Tom Knox". Those are way better than his most recent parts. Better variety of tricks and spots that better suit his quick-footed style. His first AD still really holds up and has lots of great clips. His Vase part is also good, but it suffers from being filmed during the mid 2010's (very bad time for pants lol).

He could throw in a handful of harder tricks and it would make his skating so much better. Like just do a back noseblunt, a switch flip back tail, a nollie frontside heelflip, or a fakie 5-0 fakie flip, skate a bump to bar or a handrail, just anything different. This could be said for a lot of pros.

I feel this. I think Tom Knox parts have gotten a little too “Tom Knoxey” for me to be surprised by them anymore.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #3463 on: December 08, 2023, 08:26:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I get your point but please dont tell me you would ollie a narrower stairset than he did for the cover...

typedef

• Rep: -15
« Reply #3464 on: December 08, 2023, 09:08:18 AM »
Nah I totally get what he’s saying about Tom Knox. He seems like he’s phoning it in this year, and that’s fine, if you aren’t trying to make an obvious soty run.. I think a lot of it is spot selection, he’s trying too hard to make quick foot tricks work at spots they don’t make sense at

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 30
« Reply #3465 on: December 08, 2023, 09:13:59 AM »
yall saying Gifted HATER was too harsh on his playful hating of your prince Tom Knox is silly. dude is in front of a camera streaming to hundreds of people, it's easy to get riled up & exaggerate every take for entertainment value. plus Tom is boring so I agree with what is being said and I think it's pretty funny

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #3466 on: December 08, 2023, 09:59:58 AM »
wasn't GH critique mostly around the bad sponsors combo (Dickies / NB) ?
When i watched his stream where he was "shitting" on Tom, it didn't feel serious in my opinion.
More like "Tom Knox would look even more beautiful with better sponsors but hey Dickies/NB kinda sucks" and GH just pushed the joke a little further for entertainment

To be honest and i like Tom Knox, the recent AD part has many throaway clips from previous video projects.

guys, why so serious ? It's just GH doing his thing.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #3467 on: December 08, 2023, 10:10:42 AM »
Nah I totally get what he’s saying about Tom Knox. He seems like he’s phoning it in this year, and that’s fine

What gave you that idea?  Did all the closeups of payphones in Reccuring Dream No. 15 have anything to do with that theory?  Maybe this was the concept for the video all along…

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #3468 on: December 08, 2023, 10:37:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yo i got $10 on the gofundme
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3469 on: December 08, 2023, 10:38:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

passports valid
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3470 on: December 08, 2023, 10:43:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Someone dm jenkem.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #3471 on: December 08, 2023, 10:48:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

passports valid

this is the message board-based skate media event that's gonna blow versace kid's non-nollie tre out the water.

unsponsed random on slap is gonna recreate tom knox's entire 2023 footy clip for clip  8) 8) 8)

what's yr ig? i'm up to donate if you've got some clips.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 10:58:16 AM by Arto!Arto!WakeUp! »

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3472 on: December 08, 2023, 10:50:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Someone dm jenkem.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #3473 on: December 08, 2023, 10:55:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Okay big man, put your skating where your keyboard is and post some clips then.
 ::)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 95
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #3474 on: December 08, 2023, 11:50:11 AM »
Lad, get yourself on a plane. This could be classic.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #3475 on: December 08, 2023, 11:51:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Someone dm jenkem.
[close]

I'd donate at least $20 no cap

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
« Reply #3476 on: December 08, 2023, 01:15:58 PM »
GH goes hard with the vocal fry/valley girl vibe.

"oh my gaaaaawwwwwduh look what braaaaaand he's wearingggggggg...."

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3477 on: December 08, 2023, 01:36:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I get your point but please dont tell me you would ollie a narrower stairset than he did for the cover...
I'm just picturing the average person's view of a stereotypical slap pal (possibly out of shape and fat) trying that ollie and getting stuck between the walls like winnie the pooh stuck in a rabbit hole   ;D

Banned from the room

« Reply #3478 on: December 08, 2023, 04:41:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm just picturing the average person's view of a stereotypical slap pal (possibly out of shape and fat) trying that ollie and getting stuck between the walls like winnie the pooh stuck in a rabbit hole   ;D

I need to see that clip.

icedancer

• Rep: -14
« Reply #3479 on: December 08, 2023, 05:01:19 PM »
Gifted Hater sucks and he’s a Sam Hyde dickrider so he can save it.
It doesn’t surprise me that he has an edgy contrarian opinion about Tom Knox at all.