Author Topic: Crypto Crash  (Read 11968 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
Re: Crypto Crash
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2022, 08:11:06 PM »
Expand Quote
how long before they change the name of the crypto.com arena?

do you think they paid up front for a multi-year deal or is it yearly?

seems like it is not going to last
[close]

Highly doubt they paid the full contract in advance.   

Every soccsr/football team with a crypto sponsor seems like they’ve been having a hell of a time getting payments

In Miami, the city positioning itself as the "crypto capital", they just furiously tore the FTX logo off their arena literally hours after the bankruptcy news broke.

Yet another "exchange" that's frozen withdrawals and its become glaringly obvious, yet again, that it was basically a modern Ponzi.

But guys, who could have thought that an unregulated market would expose people to being defrauded with basically zero recourse? Nah bro, we should totally put all our money in the hands of a 30 year old weirdo, he'll totally be responsible with it and not use it to illegally advance his other companies.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2022, 08:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how long before they change the name of the crypto.com arena?

do you think they paid up front for a multi-year deal or is it yearly?

seems like it is not going to last
[close]

Highly doubt they paid the full contract in advance.   

Every soccsr/football team with a crypto sponsor seems like they’ve been having a hell of a time getting payments
[close]

In Miami, the city positioning itself as the "crypto capital", they just furiously tore the FTX logo off their arena literally hours after the bankruptcy news broke.

Yet another "exchange" that's frozen withdrawals and its become glaringly obvious, yet again, that it was basically a modern Ponzi.

But guys, who could have thought that an unregulated market would expose people to being defrauded with basically zero recourse? Nah bro, we should totally put all our money in the hands of a 30 year old weirdo, he'll totally be responsible with it and not use it to illegally advance his other companies.

That's heat culture right there baby

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2022, 08:41:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think I saw something the other day that Gisele and Tom Brady put most of their money into ftc. Absolute bird brain move
[close]

you mean ftx?

love it. big dick nick and stuff. 41-33
[close]

Tom is gonna try and play until he's sixty to recoup those losses 😂
[close]

He’s got that exorbitant commentator gig on the wings.
[close]

But what if he's a drew Brees or a Jason Witten and not a Peyton Manning or Randy Moss

I don’t know.  But he signed a 375M/10 years deal with Fox for whenever he retires

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2022, 03:38:36 AM »
Man that Larry David SB commercial is looking like some soothsayer shit now. And it keeps getting worse. According to reuters (a pretty reputable source), not only is FTX 8b in debt, but there's apparently up to 1.7b of client funds missing. I guess he was using a secret backdoor he had coded in their software system to move money into his other companies in a way that wouldn't trigger regulatory attention or leave logs as well as the fuckery with the frx tokens. So more than just the usual crypto scam, we also got some good old fashioned embezzlement as well. If the secret backdoor is true it shows intent to manipulate from the beginning which is going to make it very, very difficult to claim it was an honest mistake. I think there's a good chance SFB is gonna spend at least part of his 30s at club fed.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/currencies/exclusive-least-1-billion-client-funds-missing-failed-crypto-firm-ftx-sources-2022-11-12/

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2022, 05:25:15 AM »
well at least only about $40 million of that money went to the democrat party in the past year, just a fraction of the billion(s) that are "unaccounted for"...

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2022, 10:09:02 AM »
Man that Larry David SB commercial is looking like some soothsayer shit now. And it keeps getting worse. According to reuters (a pretty reputable source), not only is FTX 8b in debt, but there's apparently up to 1.7b of client funds missing. I guess he was using a secret backdoor he had coded in their software system to move money into his other companies in a way that wouldn't trigger regulatory attention or leave logs as well as the fuckery with the frx tokens. So more than just the usual crypto scam, we also got some good old fashioned embezzlement as well. If the secret backdoor is true it shows intent to manipulate from the beginning which is going to make it very, very difficult to claim it was an honest mistake. I think there's a good chance SFB is gonna spend at least part of his 30s at club fed.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/currencies/exclusive-least-1-billion-client-funds-missing-failed-crypto-firm-ftx-sources-2022-11-12/

He’s on a plane to South America as of this morning.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2022, 10:26:32 AM »
I heard brunk got his internet cut off as he couldn't pay the bill (hence the reason he hasn't posted in ages) so it's all good.

LUGR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2022, 05:35:31 PM »

"We didn't secretly transfer," he said. "We had confusing internal labeling and misread it," he added, without elaborating.

Asked about the missing funds, Bankman-Fried responded: "???"

Orly???

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2022, 07:01:06 PM »
So how can I get into crypto rn?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2022, 06:12:48 AM »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: January 03, 2023, 09:47:45 PM »
This made me laugh.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/01/key-bitcoin-developer-calls-on-fbi-to-recover-3-6m-in-digital-coin/

It's kind of funny watching these geniuses speed run the processes that lead to the exact financial regulatory and law enforcement authorities they're so eager to subvert and claim not to need. If the code is the law, then nothing wrong took place here.

Forget where I heard this quote but "We broke all the rules, only to find out why they existed in the first place." comes to mind.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #251 on: January 03, 2023, 11:11:43 PM »
I'd be fine never hearing or seeing anything about Tom Brady ever again. Yuck.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #252 on: January 04, 2023, 12:05:59 AM »
the only reason crypto will go on, is for the collective wish to make it big and cash out. for that, they need to keep the hype going, no matter how many investors will loose value

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: January 04, 2023, 05:59:02 AM »
the only reason crypto will go on, is for the collective wish to make it big and cash out. for that, they need to keep the hype going, no matter how many investors will loose value

This was true from ~2015 through late last year, but that only works for as long as you have "greater fools" in the system to buy the funny money. At this point, it has very clearly run out of juice. Crypto will certainly live on in some other form, but the heady days of "have fun staying poor" are obviously over.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #254 on: January 04, 2023, 09:52:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This was true from ~2015 through late last year, but that only works for as long as you have "greater fools" in the system to buy the funny money. At this point, it has very clearly run out of juice. Crypto will certainly live on in some other form, but the heady days of "have fun staying poor" are obviously over.

eh, itll pop back up in 4 years probably.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: January 04, 2023, 10:07:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Keep on HODLing buddy, it'll work out one day.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #256 on: February 26, 2024, 04:30:10 PM »
About 1 bil unrealized losses

Source: https://saylortracker.com/

Up over 4 billion today. Looks like he's doing ok.

Irvine-Sucks.com

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #257 on: February 26, 2024, 08:08:44 PM »
Someone mentioned it isn't about what i think a speculative asset will be worth, but what i think others will think it is worth.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

type

• Rep: -51
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2024, 06:54:25 AM »
Damn I just skimmed through this thread and read some of the dumbest shit
I’m stuck in Fresno rn. behind that circle k across from Wendy’s

Gaddafi

• Rep: 3
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2024, 05:07:20 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Keep on HODLing buddy, it'll work out one day.
Anything you massive idiots have to say now?

You all had the opportunity to make money, but instead of blaming yourselves for not acting you choose to bash crypto and continue to miss out.

newguy

« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2024, 07:48:03 AM »
Dude i shoulve bought houses when I was 7 during the 08 crisis, and crypto back in 2010 when i was 9, im such a fucking moron, and i deserve to be poor. You crypto guys are such smarts fellas please teach me your ways

Gaddafi

• Rep: 3
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2024, 12:22:21 PM »
Dude i shoulve bought houses when I was 7 during the 08 crisis, and crypto back in 2010 when i was 9, im such a fucking moron, and i deserve to be poor. You crypto guys are such smarts fellas please teach me your ways
Always buy the dip, thats all this "crash" was, yet again another opportunity missed, stay mad

newguy

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2024, 08:24:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Always buy the dip, thats all this "crash" was, yet again another opportunity missed, stay mad

can you teach me more pls, i want to be an alpha like you and elon musk and that bald guy with the funny glasses pls

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2024, 11:02:48 AM »
such elevated conversation going on in here, you love to see it.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2024, 01:21:09 PM »
this recent rise in price proves how unstable crypto is…there is no way the valuations of most things go up that high that fast after the whole FTX scandal last year unless its an obvious pump and dump…the next cash out of crypto is probably going to be one of the last when the bubble bursts (again)

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2024, 10:39:47 PM »
yet the bubbles always seem to be 10 x multiples of the previous ones, funny that
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.