Author Topic: Crypto Crash  (Read 11926 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1435
Crypto Crash
« on: January 22, 2022, 07:29:14 AM »
Wow who could have forseen a completely stupid, wasteful, made up currency would completely tank and explode??
What will incels use to buy drugs and nonce materials now?? Discuss why we all should hold through the dip here crypto dummies.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
Re: Crypto Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 07:36:40 AM »
Okay, like how dare you Dale. I have all my money tied up in PotCoin, they sent Dennis Rodman back to North Korea to negotiate peace between the United States and Kim Jong-un. PotCoin is leading the legal Cannabis revolution, how or why, who knows, but Rodman said it, so it must be true.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

TheBoognish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 07:38:51 AM »
I don't follow crypto because most Crypto bros I know are fucking annoying, can anyone fill me on what happened ? I'd like to be able to mock them more than I already do.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 07:39:11 AM »
Okay, like how dare you Dale. I have all my money tied up in PotCoin, they sent Dennis Rodman back to North Korea to negotiate peace between the United States and Kim Jong-un. PotCoin is leading the legal Cannabis revolution, how or why, who knows, but Rodman said it, so it must be true.
Damn, I’ve got all my money tied up in PolpotCoin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 08:05:06 AM »
the what?

meh...ammunition will be the only genuinely valuable commodity in the near future and i've got plenty of 124 grain 9mm NATO fmj that i'm selling at--a starting price of--$10.00 a round...

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 08:19:58 AM »
I don't follow crypto because most Crypto bros I know are fucking annoying, can anyone fill me on what happened ? I'd like to be able to mock them more than I already do.

The market value crashed. Started at being down 20-30% apparently some of them are down 50%

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 08:31:34 AM »
I’d like to introduce you all to my new concept I’ve had patented, CRYPTID CURRENCY

We are basically treating photos of cryptids as nfts to back the value of our MothCoins and SquashBucks.

Seeking some angel investors

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 08:33:04 AM »
I’d like to introduce you all to my new concept I’ve had patented, CRYPTID CURRENCY

We are basically treating photos of cryptids as nfts to back the value of our MothCoins and SquashBucks.

Some say the Mothman was spotted right before this crypto crash…

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 08:37:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Some say the Mothman was spotted right before this crypto crash…

That’s right, clever marketing ploy or harbinger of destruction of techno-capitalism…

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 08:38:24 AM »

Skinwalker, tulpa, and greys law associates are backing Probecoin

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 08:46:19 AM »

I used to hang with a dude who made money from it in 2017-2018, kept looking at his phone every 2min saying “my bands be making bands”, and this guy was so annoying, buying a lot of Supreme and a lot of other dumb shit (still lives with his parents in his early 30s).  I kept asking him why he doesn’t buy a house with his coins, apparently he couldn’t which I thought was hilarious

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 08:54:04 AM »
My very basic understanding is that crypto follows the stock market, and the stock market is crashing due to talks of interest rates going up and companies reporting poor quarterly earnings, so crypto is following suit.  It had a nearly identical crash last May, then went on to reach all time highs.  The situation is always different though, it’s very volatile and impossible to predict. 

I don’t know or care enough to argue about it’s utility or future.  All I know is that if I can turn a few hundred into a few thousand, it would really help me out.  I sold my meager stack on the way down so as not to lose any money, and I’m waiting to see if I can get in lower.  It’s just gambling really, which I’m otherwise opposed to, but throwing a few bills in and just hoping for the best doesn’t seem as bad for some reason.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 08:56:04 AM »
I wonder if Matt Damon accepted crypto as payment for his stupid “furtune favors the bold” commercial or if he opted for a bucket full of cash?

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 08:58:15 AM »

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 09:04:00 AM »
I wonder if Matt Damon accepted crypto as payment for his stupid “furtune favors the bold” commercial or if he opted for a bucket full of cash?

Is your username a reference to suttree?

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 09:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is your username a reference to suttree?
Hell yeah, Gene’s my favorite character.

Get hungry on it!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 10:44:44 AM »
Welp my 2k of gainz evaporated bu I’m just gonna hold, no point to sell now
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 12:18:33 PM »

The 'waste of energy' in regards to crypto will soon be solved (or at least gradually solved) as it shifts more towards proof of stake and away from the way more energy consuming proof of work model. Also, people love to tout electric cars as if its solving anything. where does the electricity come from that people are charging these cars with? Likely a polluting source at some level, not to mention the mining for the battery components. Crypto is not going anywhere, neither are NFTs and the metaverse. Adapt or be the boomer that never learned to use the internet/a computer.

Woops

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 12:30:21 PM »
If you can’t handle prices going up and down you shouldn’t invest in anything really. Certainly not the stock market, which is also tanking. I’m not a crypto bro but jumping on a dip to claim crypto is done is silly.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 12:39:31 PM »
I think the big issue is that at least parts of wall street is speculating on real concrete industries while bit coin, nfts and the metaverse are all complete funny money schemes backed by nothing but code and empty promises from silicon valley. Wall Street is a total crock as well, but it's a lot more concrete than crypto which constantly crashes. All of its value is completely artificial, based on deranged speculation and the energy consumption to prop up this scam is equivalent to energy grids to run entire countries, just so they can bet on a bunch of sudoku puzzles and shitty cartoons

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2022, 12:43:54 PM »

Expand Quote
The 'waste of energy' in regards to crypto will soon be solved (or at least gradually solved) as it shifts more towards proof of stake and away from the way more energy consuming proof of work model. Also, people love to tout electric cars as if its solving anything. where does the electricity come from that people are charging these cars with? Likely a polluting source at some level, not to mention the mining for the battery components. Crypto is not going anywhere, neither are NFTs and the metaverse. Adapt or be the boomer that never learned to use the internet/a computer.
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Woops

Ooof ya hate to see it. Couldn’t be me, but ya hate to see it

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2022, 12:44:17 PM »
HODL HODL HODL HODL!
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

pro club blanks

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2022, 12:47:37 PM »
I cant knock anyone trying to survive late stage capitalism mang

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2022, 12:49:41 PM »

Yo but if you're actively making it worse? That sucks

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2022, 12:50:23 PM »
I think the big issue is that at least parts of wall street is speculating on real concrete industries while bit coin, nfts and the metaverse are all complete funny money schemes backed by nothing but code and empty promises from silicon valley. Wall Street is a total crock as well, but it's a lot more concrete than crypto which constantly crashes. All of its value is completely artificial, based on deranged speculation and the energy consumption to prop up this scam is equivalent to energy grids to run entire countries, just so they can bet on a bunch of sudoku puzzles and shitty cartoons

I forget where I read it, but someone compared the NFT "investing" to "investing" in Beanie Babies.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

pro club blanks

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2022, 01:27:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone promising anything regarding it is lame but I mostly just see desperation under the false crypto bro bravado.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2022, 01:29:59 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Woops
Think PAWL turned me onto HCMC stock. Evaporated too,still holding onto my 100,000 shares of worthless stock

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1201
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2022, 01:30:10 PM »
That’s why I have all my money invested in tin ingots and grain futures.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2022, 01:57:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Anyone promising anything regarding it is lame but I mostly just see desperation under the false crypto bro bravado.

Both things can be true. It can be incredibly desperate and also incredibly stupid and craven