Author Topic: things you do 2 fit in  (Read 6760 times)

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: things you do 2 fit in
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2022, 11:30:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
bought a vx flag cause i thought it would be cool and shit but i guess fucking not cause now my homies just make fun of me

5e dice roller
[close]
hahahaha this is fucking killing me! what was the thought process? its really no different than a band poster i guess.
[close]

i guess i’m obsessed with cameras and i thought it would be funny as fuck to have a flag of a vx in my room. i made it on some website but i’m the only one in my residence who thinks it’s funny. not even sure why i chose the 1000 cause i own a vx2000 instead.
maybe you could fly it in front of your house or off the back of your car. i'm always jealous of the normies who get to rep their patriotism or sports team or whatever on a flagpole. maybe i should fly a checkered flag because i'm a fuckin ACE PILOT

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2022, 11:40:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
bought a vx flag cause i thought it would be cool and shit but i guess fucking not cause now my homies just make fun of me

5e dice roller
[close]
hahahaha this is fucking killing me! what was the thought process? its really no different than a band poster i guess.
[close]

i guess i’m obsessed with cameras and i thought it would be funny as fuck to have a flag of a vx in my room. i made it on some website but i’m the only one in my residence who thinks it’s funny. not even sure why i chose the 1000 cause i own a vx2000 instead.
[close]
maybe you could fly it in front of your house or off the back of your car. i'm always jealous of the normies who get to rep their patriotism or sports team or whatever on a flagpole. maybe i should fly a checkered flag because i'm a fuckin ACE PILOT

an Asexual pilot, good for you

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2022, 12:00:13 PM »
this forums is many mean times to users...  :'( please think about what you say and done in online an in neighberhood (in real life). thx.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2022, 12:02:47 PM »
@OldSkater desperately trying to fit in.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

trashparty

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2022, 12:23:48 PM »
bring a case of beer and offer out cold ones to anyone that looks of age or relatively close. never fails

but fr if ur a grown ass man its kinda sad to be seeking validation from teens/children. i mean this in the least judgmental way possible, but u should probably talk about this with a therapist if its something that keeps persisting.

plus like it was mentioned earlier, fitting in at the skatepark isnt exactly always desirable imo. a lot of fried individuals at my local parks lmao, i pretty much stick to my homies/self and thats it.

if ur lonely tho just find people who you routinely recognize (someone you see a few times a week) / skate at a similar level as you (or not) and say whats up. 8/10 times people will be down for convo as long as ur personality isnt complete shit :)

OldSkater

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2022, 12:59:36 PM »

i know im not gonna fit in lol

ive made my peace with it

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2022, 01:34:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i know im not gonna fit in lol

ive made my peace with it
fit deez nuts in yo mouth
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2022, 02:47:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

5e dice roller
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

someone is jealous because horny but gets fucked never

OldSkater

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2022, 03:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

5e dice roller
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

someone is jealous because horny but gets fucked never

i was just trying to make a dumb joke, but failed spectacularly

oh well

Brguy

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2022, 03:48:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel like the park is the place you don’t want to fit in at. Just be cool and say what’s up/acknowledge anyone else. Parks are for warming up and learning new shit. Business only.
[close]

why would anyone whos not pro approach skating as a business

that is the most regular thing i have heard on this forum so far
[close]
It’s a joke.

Also, cut that r-word shit out. You seem to be somewhere on the perger’s spectrum.

Stop caring so much about shit that doesn’t matter. Don’t take life so serious homie.
[close]

If you are so curious about my mental health, I had ADHD as a kid, just like about 25-30% of the US male population.

I medicated for it until about age 18, then stopped as I felt it was inhibiting my creativity. Despite still struggling with a lack of focus, I still managed to complete a bachelors degree, get married, have a kid, start my own business etc. I dont feel like my ADHD is really holding me back in life.

And no, I dont think its fucked up to call dumb things regular. If you are regular and are offended by that, I ask you one single question: which word is acceptable to call people who act stupid? Because if you break it down, every single word you use to describe moronic behavior is loaded with an ableist context. There is not a single non-problematic way to call someone thick in the head.
regular isn't even a disease anymore, the meaning changed completely. The only reason people complain it's because it's trendy to complain about every halfway offensive thing to a "group" who has it "bad", group being in quotations because regular isn't a group of people anymore and bad because you obviously got your shit together despite your shortcomings. Also people who complain about being called regular are probably touchy about it due to their retardedness.

work_lurker

• Rep: 70
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2022, 05:08:53 PM »
If you want to fit in then cut all your shirts into crop-tops, tye-dye the fuck out of them, only wear ankle socks and cargo shorts. Children love pockets and the mysteries they hold. Make sure you carry around hard candy in MOST of these pockets. The memories of grandma will come flooding in, and sentimental teardrops will begin to make the skatepark ground wet. Once the floor is nice and saturated, show the kids what a "primo-slide" is, and from that point on you're a made (wo)man.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2022, 05:18:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel like the park is the place you don’t want to fit in at. Just be cool and say what’s up/acknowledge anyone else. Parks are for warming up and learning new shit. Business only.
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

Also, cut that r-word shit out. You seem to be somewhere on the perger’s spectrum.

Stop caring so much about shit that doesn’t matter. Don’t take life so serious homie.
[close]

If you are so curious about my mental health, I had ADHD as a kid, just like about 25-30% of the US male population.

I medicated for it until about age 18, then stopped as I felt it was inhibiting my creativity. Despite still struggling with a lack of focus, I still managed to complete a bachelors degree, get married, have a kid, start my own business etc. I dont feel like my ADHD is really holding me back in life.

And no, I dont think its fucked up to call dumb things regular. If you are regular and are offended by that, I ask you one single question: which word is acceptable to call people who act stupid? Because if you break it down, every single word you use to describe moronic behavior is loaded with an ableist context. There is not a single non-problematic way to call someone thick in the head.
[close]
regular isn't even a disease anymore, the meaning changed completely. The only reason people complain it's because it's trendy to complain about every halfway offensive thing to a "group" who has it "bad", group being in quotations because regular isn't a group of people anymore and bad because you obviously got your shit together despite your shortcomings. Also people who complain about being called regular are probably touchy about it due to their retardedness.
I feel you homie.

The “r-word” thing is just a joke about a stupid comercial from years ago. I’ve used my fair share of derogatory terms and will most likely say another one at some point in the future. Words are sounds you decide what they mean.

live, laugh, love

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2022, 05:19:25 PM »
This is easy. Ankle bracelet, hairy legs, and some crispy Nyjahs always command respect at the park. I learned that once here.

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2022, 06:17:42 PM »
Say what's up to the locals, then stay pretty quiet and skate without getting in anyone's way. Give props if someone lands a trick they've been battling. If I see someone a few times at the park and they seem cool then maybe I'll start a conversation, but only if I have something relevant to say

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2022, 07:06:09 PM »
I started sagging my pants in '93 because everyone was doing it, now I can't stop (and don't want to).
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2022, 07:14:43 PM »
regular...

that explanation makes zero sense. it would have been enough if you just said you don't care about modern sensibilities because you love using the word. you clearly love using the word.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2022, 07:44:55 PM »
bring a case of beer and offer out cold ones to anyone that looks of age or relatively close. never fails

but fr if ur a grown ass man its kinda sad to be seeking validation from teens/children. i mean this in the least judgmental way possible, but u should probably talk about this with a therapist if its something that keeps persisting.

plus like it was mentioned earlier, fitting in at the skatepark isnt exactly always desirable imo. a lot of fried individuals at my local parks lmao, i pretty much stick to my homies/self and thats it.

if ur lonely tho just find people who you routinely recognize (someone you see a few times a week) / skate at a similar level as you (or not) and say whats up. 8/10 times people will be down for convo as long as ur personality isnt complete shit :)

If I don't being a cooler to keep the beer cold is it ok to distribute Luke warm ones? Give them a good shake prior to ensure the ingredients are properly mixed.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

PapaSquat

• Rep: 3
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2022, 09:15:27 PM »
Act like I'm not hyped on how I land a trick. I'm just happy to land tricks but I have to pretend that I want to land it better so no one knows I'm ok with having trash style.

allahdeen

• Rep: 1
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2022, 01:15:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

5e dice roller
[close]
[close]

i love the fact its almost a stock image you had paid for to have expanded onto a banner you could box fold / frame it around the camera imo

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2022, 03:02:17 AM »
Expand Quote
regular...
[close]

that explanation makes zero sense. it would have been enough if you just said you don't care about modern sensibilities because you love using the word. you clearly love using the word.

Dude, you fucking hit the nail on the head. It would have taken less effort if they were at least honest and said some shit like “sorry snowflakes, I don’t care about your feelings. Words are words and if you don’t like it, we’ll too bad.”

This thread is really bringing out the pad dads in full force. Here’s hoping they focus. Either their accounts, their boards, their livelihood, their life…. Idk I’m just spitballing here.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2022, 03:23:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s a joke.

[close]

[close]
[close]
I feel you homie.

The “r-word” thing is just a joke about a stupid comercial from years ago. I’ve used my fair share of derogatory terms and will most likely say another one at some point in the future. Words are sounds you decide what they mean.

get the fuck outta here you dork ass chuds. brguy what you said is 100% inaccurate. to be such a vile person - can’t even imagine it.

max id i can say this honestly - there is not a single person on slap i dislike more than you. are you 7? words are sounds? i had that opinion around that age.

focus and go start competing telegrams you fuckin losers

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2022, 04:26:06 AM »

Words are sounds you decide what they mean.

i've decided that means you're a fucking idiot, lol.

somefucker

« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2022, 04:28:43 AM »
if you wanna fit in don't use r word

annoyingskateshopemployee

• Rep: -5
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2022, 05:12:30 AM »
whenever i do a trick a look immediately if anyone has seen me land the trick and then i cheer for my self a little and want them to join. feels very good.

i want a nipple piercing

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2022, 05:19:10 AM »
whenever i do a trick a look immediately if anyone has seen me land the trick and then i cheer for my self a little and want them to join. feels very good.

i want a nipple piercing

If you have a filmer look directly at him for approval the moment your wheels hit the ground landing the trick. Only break eye contact to glance at the camera lens.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2022, 05:21:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
5e dice roller
[close]
[close]
gnarred. i fuck with this. your flag is sick.  8)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2022, 05:51:55 AM »
Expand Quote
I just be myself but tone down the dad aspect. I go to the park to see tricks go down. Im totally fine with street skating alone for myself. I have homies from my last park I can hit up too.

Dad shit.   

It sucks when I overhear some shit about like drugs or whatever when I’m at my new local. I just stay in my lane do some tricks and try to show that skateboarding can be forever if you really want it. There like 2 kids that are bound for bullshit tho. They seem like they trying to take everyone down with them. I just gotta see how it goes as an outsider because I would never step in that shit willing.

It’s known that I can point the was to freedom tho. Ive let everyone know about my recovery by now I think.

Once I’m like in with everyone I try to get them to switch to ventures and I talk recycled boards and USA products.
I try to get them to do their own thing but buy the right shit lol.

I see if they know about Kalis and Henry Sanchez. Sean Young. Carroll. Let them know Fred Gall correct is the answer to all questions. Malto hard flips. LLopez is top dog. Dilo. I’m definitely going to be talking shake junk. I’m switching my grip. I wish I could get that magik carpet stuff so badly.

I have people ask hey are you on slap. Yes I am uncle flea lolol. Let’s go!!!

I get you into detox kid? Oh god
[close]
Dilo is so good

i really liked the rough cut of his red tiger part that came out recently

Dilo is the truth. So much style and I love manny stuff. He’s able to make the hard ones look easy af. The style is omnipresent. Sometimes people do something so easily that the style evaporates. Not Dilo. I gotta see that irl someday.

Maybe I’ll figure out how to make a dope charity event and I can invite my favorite pros to come. I would invite mad Fla Heads.
Not trying to shit on other states but Fla has been pro skateboarding’s rock last few years.

Nj always is on my radar too though. I feel like Fla has edged out NJ recently.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

trashparty

« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2022, 08:42:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If I don't being a cooler to keep the beer cold is it ok to distribute Luke warm ones? Give them a good shake prior to ensure the ingredients are properly mixed.

yes, its the thought that counts

Brguy

« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2022, 09:47:34 AM »
Expand Quote
regular...
[close]

If it makes zero sense it means you're regular. And yeah I like using the word, is the best word to describe stupid, ignorant people, even though in the end I use "imbecile" more often, just rolls out of the tongue.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
regular...
[close]

[close]

Dude, you fucking hit the nail on the head. It would have taken less effort if they were at least honest and said some shit like “sorry snowflakes, I don’t care about your feelings. Words are words and if you don’t like it, we’ll too bad.”

This thread is really bringing out the pad dads in full force. Here’s hoping they focus. Either their accounts, their boards, their livelihood, their life…. Idk I’m just spitballing here.
No one really cares about it, it's just virtue signalling. A mentally deficient person would be sad on the same level if I called them "regular" or "dumb" because it isn't the old meaning of the word that hurts, it's just that they're being belittled and you could do that anyway you want. And again, "regular" isn't used to describe a medical condition anymore, most people don't even know that words like that and "moron" were once used as a way to describe "mentally under-developed".

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2022, 10:17:49 AM »
It's always been a condition, and medical professionals still use the term MR as shorthand for mentally regular to describe their client's condition. There are varying degrees of MR, and if you don't think using that word hurts people, you should really ask around. My lil bro works at a house with clients how have varying levels of MR, and they overhear people insult them. You'd be fucking wrong if you think they don't understand the connotation and are hurt by strangers cruelty.

I don't want to come off preachy because I used to use that word as an insult as well. I knocked that shit off, and you can too, it ain't hard.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast