Author Topic: Most cringe thing you've seen at a skatepark  (Read 10733 times)

chumponthis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Most cringe thing you've seen at a skatepark
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2022, 08:43:35 PM »
Teenagers grabbing cigarette butts off the ground, asking you for rolling papers, then rolling all those butts into a cig.
The perpetrator's mandatory DGK hoody, basketball shorts, high multi-colored socks, and curved brim hat are essential in this context.

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2022, 09:04:48 PM »
Years ago now but west Sydney has the most scooterers on earth easy. With them come parents some stay in their car or setup a chair and look at the phones but then some started to get scooters themselves and get involved. Anyway there must of been some kind of scooter parent group think going on because all these new/alternate skatepark rules started happening. Like the parents just assumed a skatepark was some unruly free for all and tried to figure it out.  Anyway one time skating this mini bowl a dad came over and was trying to tell us all the rules being like "ok you go" points to someone then "and now it's your turn" points to someone else. And you say "skating" when your dropping in or say "crossing" or you're just dropping in to cross the bowl. Also you should all stand with your boards on the coping to save time. By the way this guy's probably like 40 talking to a group of 25-30 year olds

Had a similar experience skating a mini at a park in Canberra years ago. There used to be a 12ft vert ramp that almost nobody touched, this parent with their two kids on scooters comes along and tells us that this mini wasn't designed for us and suggested we go skate the more appropiately sized vert ramp instead lol

I feel like more parks need notices explicitly for naive parents about how dangerous they can be, I've lost count of how many kids I've collided with over the years.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2022, 09:42:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Years ago now but west Sydney has the most scooterers on earth easy. With them come parents some stay in their car or setup a chair and look at the phones but then some started to get scooters themselves and get involved. Anyway there must of been some kind of scooter parent group think going on because all these new/alternate skatepark rules started happening. Like the parents just assumed a skatepark was some unruly free for all and tried to figure it out.  Anyway one time skating this mini bowl a dad came over and was trying to tell us all the rules being like "ok you go" points to someone then "and now it's your turn" points to someone else. And you say "skating" when your dropping in or say "crossing" or you're just dropping in to cross the bowl. Also you should all stand with your boards on the coping to save time. By the way this guy's probably like 40 talking to a group of 25-30 year olds
[close]

Had a similar experience skating a mini at a park in Canberra years ago. There used to be a 12ft vert ramp that almost nobody touched, this parent with their two kids on scooters comes along and tells us that this mini wasn't designed for us and suggested we go skate the more appropiately sized vert ramp instead lol

I feel like more parks need notices explicitly for naive parents about how dangerous they can be, I've lost count of how many kids I've collided with over the years.
Lol the amount of times something like that's happened and I've just lied and said well actually i designed and helped build this park just to see the look on their faces.

Also I've mentioned this before but another cringe park behaviour were people hosting cross fit classes in skateparks. Like just setting up all their shit everywhere with a group of mums running around doing push ups on the banks and flatbars. Of course then they get confrontational when you tell them to fuck off and it's real awkward with all their class just standing there completely confused to what's going on because they think it's all above board.

pops

• Rep: 262
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2022, 09:50:27 PM »
Stopped skating parks because these little imps leave unbearable mess behind them. It's literally not safe to skate the parks because of their junk.

Crusty Grundle

« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2022, 07:57:30 AM »
All the worst stuf I’ve seen at a park was in Marblehead in the late 80s and 90s.
There used to be this guy named Shawn Massy. He was heavily disabled and was always running around my neighborhood. I grew up at 12 green street which was down the street from him and across the street from the park.
He was completely out of control. Pulling his dick out and pissin in his mouth etc. we was very young seeing this. He also cracked my head open with a rock from 200 yards away. He ate dog shit and all types of crazy shit.

Same guy?
https://patch.com/pennsylvania/bensalem/murder-suspect-bensalem-feared-being-killed-police-icymi

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2022, 09:11:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Lol the amount of times something like that's happened and I've just lied and said well actually i designed and helped build this park just to see the look on their faces.

Also I've mentioned this before but another cringe park behaviour were people hosting cross fit classes in skateparks. Like just setting up all their shit everywhere with a group of mums running around doing push ups on the banks and flatbars. Of course then they get confrontational when you tell them to fuck off and it's real awkward with all their class just standing there completely confused to what's going on because they think it's all above board.

I had an exchange with some BMX kid’s dad because I had told the kid “Hey, get that fucking mud off your tires before you ride in the park.” (Kid was getting mud all over the deck and roll-in)

Plumber Dad gets in my face and says “What are you saying to my kid?!?”

“I’m telling him not to get mud everywhere so people don’t slip and get injured.”

“You skaters don’t run this place. You didn’t build it!”

“Actually, we did. We paid for and did all the concrete work.”

<pause>

“Why are you talking to kids? Are you some kind of molesta? You a child molesta?”

I just shook my head and walked off.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 170
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2022, 10:28:46 AM »

I had an exchange with some BMX kid’s dad because I had told the kid “Hey, get that fucking mud off your tires before you ride in the park.” (Kid was getting mud all over the deck and roll-in)

“I’m telling him not to get mud everywhere so people don’t slip and get injured.”

<pause>

“Why are you talking to kids? Are you some kind of molesta? You a child molesta?”

BMX dads are on another level of crazy. There’s one BMX kid who is probably somewhere around 8-10 years old who can carve around the bowl pretty well, but he constantly snakes people and takes excessively long runs. Usually he’s there alone, and despite trying to explain that snaking isn’t cool, he continues to do it anyway. One day his dad was there and the kid dropped in while another guy was skating the bowl (going fast, doing airs). Dude calmly says hey don’t drop in on me when I’m skating, and dad proceeds to lose his shit. Dad gets in the dudes face and threatens to beat up/kill the guy. Poor guy ended up saying fuck this and left the park.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2022, 01:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote

<pause>

[close]

BMX dads are on another level of crazy. There’s one BMX kid who is probably somewhere around 8-10 years old who can carve around the bowl pretty well, but he constantly snakes people and takes excessively long runs. Usually he’s there alone, and despite trying to explain that snaking isn’t cool, he continues to do it anyway. One day his dad was there and the kid dropped in while another guy was skating the bowl (going fast, doing airs). Dude calmly says hey don’t drop in on me when I’m skating, and dad proceeds to lose his shit. Dad gets in the dudes face and threatens to beat up/kill the guy. Poor guy ended up saying fuck this and left the park.

At the risk of sounding like mucho-coolo-toughguy, am I really the only person that wouldn't hesitate to kick the shit out of somebody that pulls shit like this?

thebacker

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2022, 01:41:23 PM »
This happened a couple days ago. This kook in a beat up Blake Griffin Clippers jersey was running from one of the park to get speed to nosemanny this relatively long but low manny pad and have his buddy try to film it. He kept getting in the way of people and not getting close. On one attempt he runs up and was about to throw down but he got in the way of a roller skater chick about to drop in. He flips and the girls starts teasing him about "you should have asked" then he yells out "I DONT HAVE TO ASK, IM AT A SKATE PARK" which was one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. To make a long story short he never got the trick. The roller skater chick keep talking shit to him cuz he was still getting in peoples way. The funniest thing was this random dude kept yelling "Let's go Griffin".

honestly you should have had someone go do it in his face so he would shut the fuck up.

some kid at muni was trying a nose manny on the manny pad and had his girl film it. After like 45 minutes his girl was clearly over it and started crying when she asked if they could go see the rest of  the city and the dude kept trying after that. my homie went over and did the nosemanny in a line and the kid threw his board and dipped out. i really hope that girl dumped that fool

bombsaway86

• Rep: 170
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2022, 03:13:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

<pause>

[close]

[close]

At the risk of sounding like mucho-coolo-toughguy, am I really the only person that wouldn't hesitate to kick the shit out of somebody that pulls shit like this?

Dad was big and jacked and not the most mentally stable, otherwise I would have

cookieflip

• Rep: 0
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2022, 03:27:39 PM »
probably this "coach dad" yelling at his 9 year old to commit to a rock and roll in a miniramp.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2022, 03:52:35 PM »
Expand Quote
This happened a couple days ago. This kook in a beat up Blake Griffin Clippers jersey was running from one of the park to get speed to nosemanny this relatively long but low manny pad and have his buddy try to film it. He kept getting in the way of people and not getting close. On one attempt he runs up and was about to throw down but he got in the way of a roller skater chick about to drop in. He flips and the girls starts teasing him about "you should have asked" then he yells out "I DONT HAVE TO ASK, IM AT A SKATE PARK" which was one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. To make a long story short he never got the trick. The roller skater chick keep talking shit to him cuz he was still getting in peoples way. The funniest thing was this random dude kept yelling "Let's go Griffin".
[close]

honestly you should have had someone go do it in his face so he would shut the fuck up.

some kid at muni was trying a nose manny on the manny pad and had his girl film it. After like 45 minutes his girl was clearly over it and started crying when she asked if they could go see the rest of  the city and the dude kept trying after that. my homie went over and did the nosemanny in a line and the kid threw his board and dipped out. i really hope that girl dumped that fool

would gnar your homie for doing that

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2022, 05:48:17 PM »
The kids that bring dab rigs to the park lmao. Saw an older dude in a full wetsuit one time practicing carving and he told me he’s “an ocean surfer and is keeping his body in shape”. He was a really nice guy, I kinda felt bad that he was getting laughed at but homeboy showed up in a wet suit. We are ~2 hours from the closest beach hahaha 
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

dakotalofton

• Rep: -21
  • Nothing I say you will like
    • YOUTUBE avatar image
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2022, 05:58:36 PM »
just seeing kids at the skatepark but their not fucking gettin some; not applying themselves whatsoever. Just kind of sitting there smoking weed does a couple quarterpipe things ( its 1 foot tall ) then sits down and repeats. Absolutely wouldn't be there if one of their friends weren't there but there they are everyday ....
****IF YOU DON'T FUCK WITH BRONZE56K YOU WHACK AS FUCK****

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2022, 06:08:26 PM »
probably this "coach dad" yelling at his 9 year old to commit to a rock and roll in a miniramp.

I hate skate coaches. Everytime I see one "coaching" it's blatantly obvious that the kid isn't having fun. Sometimes the coaches can barely skate themselves.

IpathCats

« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2022, 01:09:41 AM »
One time this guy pulled up blasting "makedamnsure" by taking back Sunday loud as fuck in a shitty astro van. He rolled his windows down and kept it on repeat. Then he got out to skate, wearing skin tight pants, already shirtless, had on one of those bright yellow rental helmets. His wheels were somewhere in the 30-40mm range, he just tried really shitty tricks to fakie on the bank the whole time, didn't land anything I can remember. Stayed for about half an hour with that song playing the entire time.

When I was like 13 or 14 this girl I went to school with showed up to the park with her little brother. I definitely slammed full force right in front of her trying to do a good FS Ollie on this big hip, I had been getting them all day but I think I just choked because a girl was watching...tight. which kinda leads into the next one.

I've seen a fair share of teenage girls looking for attention from the boys at skateparks, that whole situation can be pretty cringe. Girls just sitting on ramps, pretending to act natural like they're just chilling, or yelling and causing a scene to grab people's attention. Then the teenage guys acting tough, or taking their shirts off, or trying some hard trick that's out of their skill level. As if landing it will win them a woman or something.

Behind the mini ramp at this one park was basically where all the degeneracy happened. People literally called it the "piss spot" as most of the soda/energy drink fuelled dehydrated ass kids would use it as a urinal, so there was a STRONG odor of piss. You could smell it all over the park if the wind blew the right way. Kids would smoke cigs back there. I remember this scene/emo chick offering to touch someone's dick for a cig once back there. Also at this particular park there was some super angry child that loved to fight and the locals would sick him on people like some sort of animal. Usually people bigger than him so they could film it and I guess it would be like "crazy" that this little kid beat up someone larger than him. But on multiple occasions the larger person would just kinda be like "wtf?" And walk away,  maybe push the kid off of them (thankfully), but all the teenage dudes with their phones out trying to get the next Worldstar video just to get nothing was pretty cringe.

I once scraped a golfball sized piece of wax off a 6' flat bar. Probably from that wax guy earlier in the thread.

..... Yea I think that's it. Had some weird dreams and wrote this at 4am after not being able to sleep. Sorry if it's a bit incoherent.

IpathCats

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2022, 10:04:28 AM »
These types of stories never fail to make me laugh. I feel like we can all relate to this stuff. Just bumping since that troll buried this thread with all his.

somefucker

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2022, 10:19:28 AM »
hey. did you miss me? guess not. two months later youre finally getting a response from me. also recently king abdo pretty much almost beat the shit outta me at tompkins for dissing elise on here cause i thought they were being mad hollywood last time. like that kid was straight up simping for that enby i swear. that kid was like 10 years younger than elise. mans is in hs and he tryna gang up on me like hell no i am NOT fighting a kid. he also kept misgendering them calling them one of his “female friends” they dont wanna be perceived as a male or female. they just wanna be elise. ok? like bro i know telling you guys about my problem with them wasnt my best choice and made you guys make fun of me. shoulda kept my mouth shut but literally they dont gotta simp for them after all of this. imagine killing me over this one sided beef i never wanted to start because i was overthinking about my last interaction with them? and had to spill all the tea on here instead of venting it to a therapist? like those tompkins skaters are fucking sick in the head my guy. tryna jump me over some light shit like this.

defending elise over this shit makes them look insane and they need to go to the mental hospital and get put on anti psychotic meds before they go crazy on me just omw to skate.

also idk elise’s number. i just hit them up on imessage thru the email that was on the instagram profile and elise lied on my name on how i was hitting them up. i literally dont know the number. i just wanted to let them know how they got me real upset and i told them how TJ’s cousin jose (flares) was tryna make me get percs for him at washington heights and it could’ve been a setup. bro these nyers and gentrifiers got some mental problems and they live for the beef and the smoke instead of just apologizing to me. but this case i just need to apologize to elise for scaring tf outta them for thinking i got their number but nope it was thru imessage. nothing is gonna happen to them. i have no ill will against anybody. i just had a moment of weakness. also follow me on insta @nycskatedaily. its like if @nycgraffdaily and gifted hater had a kid.

this guy def takes the cake

trashparty

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2022, 01:00:04 PM »
The kids that bring dab rigs to the park lmao. Saw an older dude in a full wetsuit one time practicing carving and he told me he’s “an ocean surfer and is keeping his body in shape”. He was a really nice guy, I kinda felt bad that he was getting laughed at but homeboy showed up in a wet suit. We are ~2 hours from the closest beach hahaha

theres a kid at my local who bring his rig too. very cringe, hes very generous tho and offers dabs to everyone, so that makes up for some of the cringe i guess.

personally, i cant skate high, let alone after a slab of wax

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2022, 01:47:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

theres a kid at my local who bring his rig too. very cringe, hes very generous tho and offers dabs to everyone, so that makes up for some of the cringe i guess.

sense the rig talk keeps coming up i want to chime in with my own opinion, For some reason i have noticed with dabs you just don't get the same burnt out feeling a couple hours into the sesh you get with a joint/bong and because it's so strong each re up feels like your first dab of the day leaving you feeling completely fresh even after multiple hours of skating while with a joint or bong once you feel the burnt out feeling it's over, a second joint or bong toke isn't getting rid of it.

So if it's a day where i want to skate for 6+ hours the dab rig is actually a massive advantage compared to rolling up and bunch of joints and hitting the park with them.

-note i'm not defending these kids, chances are they have no idea what i'm talking about, i use marijuana as a tool to help me focus and get in the zone, not to look cool like a kid with a 3 foot dab rig feeling bad ass.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2022, 02:51:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

sense the rig talk keeps coming up i want to chime in with my own opinion, For some reason i have noticed with dabs you just don't get the same burnt out feeling a couple hours into the sesh you get with a joint/bong and because it's so strong each re up feels like your first dab of the day leaving you feeling completely fresh even after multiple hours of skating while with a joint or bong once you feel the burnt out feeling it's over, a second joint or bong toke isn't getting rid of it.

So if it's a day where i want to skate for 6+ hours the dab rig is actually a massive advantage compared to rolling up and bunch of joints and hitting the park with them.

-note i'm not defending these kids, chances are they have no idea what i'm talking about, i use marijuana as a tool to help me focus and get in the zone, not to look cool like a kid with a 3 foot dab rig feeling bad ass.
Says the guy with the 3 foot dab rig at the session.
But I believe this homey; after all, he does know a good deal when it comes to wax.
Same wax you use on the flat bar?
You ever dabbed a ball of skate wax?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2022, 03:46:40 PM »
saw this guy playing Nirvana songs on his acoustic guitar while sitting on top of the bump to ledge at my local. He wasn't exactly talented on the guitar and kept forgetting the lyrics - all of this with a really thick thai accent. After about 30 minutes of that, he proceeded to mongo push around the park and get in a bunch of peoples way.

definitely one of the more interesting things i've seen at a skatepark

cky enthusiast

« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2022, 07:02:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Frank and Fred

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2022, 07:04:56 PM »
saw this guy playing Nirvana songs on his acoustic guitar while sitting on top of the bump to ledge at my local. He wasn't exactly talented on the guitar and kept forgetting the lyrics - all of this with a really thick thai accent. After about 30 minutes of that, he proceeded to mongo push around the park and get in a bunch of peoples way.

definitely one of the more interesting things i've seen at a skatepark

Did he try to sell you some bearings?

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2022, 08:47:10 PM »
if youtube counts as the skatepark the new dumb data and joa "beef" is pretty cringe

YouTube definitely counts as a skatepark

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2022, 10:53:38 PM »
…grabbing cigarette butts off the ground, asking you for rolling papers, then rolling all those butts into a cig.
This dude Oklahoma Tony who appeared with a wild story and hung around too long where I grew up used to do that. He called it rolling snipes. He literally got put on a bus back to Tulsa by another dudes step dad who waited there to watch the bus leave to make sure Tony was on it.

IpathCats

« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2022, 06:42:09 AM »

You ever dabbed a ball of skate wax?

Signature worthy.

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2022, 07:53:21 AM »
fat sweaty old guy trying so fucking hard (me)

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2022, 02:22:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

if i wanted lip from you i would have unzipped my pants.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2022, 02:44:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

if i wanted lip from you i would have unzipped my pants.