Author Topic: Thread for Scene Drama  (Read 6855 times)

aàáâäæãå

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Thread for Scene Drama
« on: April 17, 2022, 04:35:36 PM »
From hostage footage to “petty” politics, this thread is for detailing the issues you’ve got in your scene.

I worked on a couple of skatepark builds recently and a co-worker who has a backyard bowl was short on his mortgage payment. I spotted him and he repaid half before I left with the promise to hit me back. He bailed on it despite the fact homie has a GoFundMe for his private park. Now the diy I’m working on is halted.

If you’re hard up, don’t feel obligated to help a person out. Especially if they pile out every night after work.

Sifter

• Rep: 48
Re: Thread for Scene Drama
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 04:46:08 PM »
The younger guys at the local never offer any mushrooms and they frequently have bags of them getting around in plain sight. 

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 05:58:03 PM »
don’t you dudes gossip enough on here already

europa1991

• Rep: 60
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 06:03:13 PM »
Jesus fucking Christ as if being involved in a “scene” isn’t lame enough

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 06:04:16 PM »
My homie told me where to link up for the session and when I showed up, everyone moved on to the next spot and didn’t send the pin.

Magnolia

• Rep: 462
  • She/They
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 07:01:52 PM »
don’t you dudes gossip enough on here already
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

thebacker

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 07:13:50 PM »

pro club blanks

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 07:41:34 PM »
Damn youre one shady mf op

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2022, 08:37:20 PM »
So John doesn’t like Bill anymore because he thinks he’s got the oogly googly eyes for his girl, but meanwhile Bill’s like “what I don’t even like yo bitch” and then I’m like dude it’s 2022 you can’t refer to women with those crass words anymore but now she overhears this and dontcha know I think she’s got a little something for me.  Now I wouldn’t tell that to either of those two knuckleheads but I did tell it to Kevin who I think stole like 3 cigarettes from Gary but that’s a whole ‘nother story but anyways I’m like “Hey Kevin I think Louise has a thing for me because I showed my chivalric side to her” and this dumb motherfucker is like “what the fuck does chivalric mean?” and I’m like dude read a fucking book for once in your fucking life.  He thought I was talking about my scrotum or some shit and I’m like no dude it’s got nothing to do with scrotums; it’s about like some idealized code of conduct from the middle ages I’m pretty sure.  So then he’s like “oh I thought you showed her your nutsack, my bad”.  So this dumbass goes and tells Gary’s sister who knows Bill’s mom because they work at the same tire shop as John’s baby mama and if “loose lips sink ships”, she’d be the German U boats in WWI just wrecking shit because she’s the biggest gossip in town so now I’m here thinking “gee I wish I never said that” because you KNOW it’s going to get back to John and now he’s probably not going to want to skate because he thinks there’s some sort of mass conspiracy just like when he thought he was getting abducted by aliens even though that was when he was drinking like 2 bottles of cough medicine trying to get a cheap trip which, I’m not a doctor, but I think is probably doing some sort of damage to your internal organs, I mean the guy called 911 on that cough syrup one time talking about the manta rays coming to get him. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

JohnnyBoy

• Rep: 7
    • Fat Skater avatar image
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2022, 08:47:24 PM »
camel_filters does switch tre flips when we play skate and he knows I have no shot but he does them anyway its enough to make you sick

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2022, 09:37:00 PM »
Why do we need a special thread devoted to what permeates every corner of this website?

Do you bring sand to the beach?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2260
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2022, 09:51:01 PM »
camel_filters does switch tre flips when we play skate and he knows I have no shot but he does them anyway its enough to make you sick
@camel filters, you a major asshole for that,especially since you KNOW he doesn't have those in his bag.  ;)
Also, could you send me some how-to pointers? 'Cause I want to beat @JohnnyBoy  at a game of SKATE too, but I know I don't stand a chance, as it is.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2022, 11:08:28 PM »
Why do we need a special thread devoted to what permeates every corner of this website?

Do you bring sand to the beach?
That was poetic

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2022, 08:31:03 AM »
All my friends are skating together without me.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

somefucker

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2022, 10:05:04 AM »
my co-worker talks to everyone in a condescending tone, so i periodically take his lemonade from the communal fridge that he buys from wawa everyday and drink it. sometimes ill drink half (pouring into a cup of course) and refill it with water so that maybe he thinks he's losing his taste buds (or his mind). or maybe that wawa lemonade just sucks now. i keep all my lunch in my office, i dont trust a fridge shared amongst 60 or so people.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2022, 10:08:21 AM »
No friends, no drama, no problem

thebacker

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 10:47:19 AM »
my co-worker talks to everyone in a condescending tone, so i periodically take his lemonade from the communal fridge that he buys from wawa everyday and drink it. sometimes ill drink half (pouring into a cup of course) and refill it with water so that maybe he thinks he's losing his taste buds (or his mind). or maybe that wawa lemonade just sucks now. i keep all my lunch in my office, i dont trust a fridge shared amongst 60 or so people.

you should start putting salt in it too honestly

JohnnyBoy

• Rep: 7
    • Fat Skater avatar image
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2022, 11:18:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
@camel filters, you a major asshole for that,especially since you KNOW he doesn't have those in his bag.  ;)
Also, could you send me some how-to pointers? 'Cause I want to beat @JohnnyBoy  at a game of SKATE too, but I know I don't stand a chance, as it is.

Oh its on

cky enthusiast

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2022, 11:20:04 AM »
wawa lemonade been sucking since they changed the formula in the early 00’s

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 11:21:57 AM »
I skate solo so save the drama for yo mama!
Free Charlie Rambo

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 12:03:29 PM »
not long ago one of the locals at my park cussed this dude out and told him he needs to leave and I think she expected everyoen else to have her back - meanwhile none of us knew what it was about and we were in the middle of a mini skate jam event thing, so most people just kinda ignored it and tried to keep things humming. Later on I found out that he had been at a women/queer/safespace skate event and offering unsolicited advice. He wasnt supposed to be there in the first place as a cis hetero dude and when they told him unsolicited advice is rude he got pissy and took cryptic shots at them on instagram. At first glance it kinda seemed like a little trivial argument, but she also clued me in to how guys feeling entitled to womens gratitude/attention for giving them advice in skating is the start of a lot of stories that have a bad ending. Overall I think the dudes pretty cool too, but hopefully he learned something from the experience too

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 12:07:42 PM »
I guess the biggest drama in our scene here is how many of us have died and continue to die.  It seems like every few weeks another old friend passes away.   I watched an old shop video the other day and half of us in the video are gone.  Feels weird.  I doubt this is something your average football enthusiast has to deal with. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 01:50:04 PM »
not long ago one of the locals at my park cussed this dude out and told him he needs to leave and I think she expected everyoen else to have her back - meanwhile none of us knew what it was about and we were in the middle of a mini skate jam event thing, so most people just kinda ignored it and tried to keep things humming. Later on I found out that he had been at a women/queer/safespace skate event and offering unsolicited advice. He wasnt supposed to be there in the first place as a cis hetero dude and when they told him unsolicited advice is rude he got pissy and took cryptic shots at them on instagram. At first glance it kinda seemed like a little trivial argument, but she also clued me in to how guys feeling entitled to womens gratitude/attention for giving them advice in skating is the start of a lot of stories that have a bad ending. Overall I think the dudes pretty cool too, but hopefully he learned something from the experience too
"park" as in public skate park? So she's trying to boot dude from a public spot for being at another(most likely) public spot and the reason he wasn't allowed was because of his sexual orientation/gender? Very progressive sounding scene
Free Charlie Rambo

thebacker

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2022, 01:59:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
"park" as in public skate park? So she's trying to boot dude from a public spot for being at another(most likely) public spot and the reason he wasn't allowed was because of his sexual orientation/gender? Very progressive sounding scene

no you person, it's giving women unsolicited advice and then getting mad when they said they dont want it

conqueso

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2022, 02:07:34 PM »
pretty much everything at wawa sucks these days

i do like the sliced apples and those little salami/mozzeralla roll ups tho

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2022, 02:08:28 PM »

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2022, 03:09:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

no you person, it's giving women unsolicited advice and then getting mad when they said they dont want it

my story was confusing. there are 2 events at 2 different skate parks. 1 night a few months ago at a private skate park there was a safe space for women/enby/queer skating and the cis hetero dude was there giving unsolicted advice that started the rift. He was not kicked out or even confronted for being at the girls night, and then he proceeded to give unsolicited advice, and was told that was rude, which apparently he didn't take well and made cryptic jokes about it online that no one would get except for the girl involved. The confrontation that I saw was at our local public skate park a couple weeks ago. She was saying he needs to leave and that he's not welcome there because he disrespected her or whatever, thinking everyone would jump in and have her back. There have been instances where the park locals banded together to kick people out for calling a kid the n-word and for calling a little girl a dyke cuz she had short hair, so I guess she thought it would be like that, but it didn't go like that.

Brguy

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2022, 05:05:21 PM »
So John doesn’t like Bill anymore because he thinks he’s got the oogly googly eyes for his girl, but meanwhile Bill’s like “what I don’t even like yo bitch” and then I’m like dude it’s 2022 you can’t refer to women with those crass words anymore but now she overhears this and dontcha know I think she’s got a little something for me.  Now I wouldn’t tell that to either of those two knuckleheads but I did tell it to Kevin who I think stole like 3 cigarettes from Gary but that’s a whole ‘nother story but anyways I’m like “Hey Kevin I think Louise has a thing for me because I showed my chivalric side to her” and this dumb motherfucker is like “what the fuck does chivalric mean?” and I’m like dude read a fucking book for once in your fucking life.  He thought I was talking about my scrotum or some shit and I’m like no dude it’s got nothing to do with scrotums; it’s about like some idealized code of conduct from the middle ages I’m pretty sure.  So then he’s like “oh I thought you showed her your nutsack, my bad”.  So this dumbass goes and tells Gary’s sister who knows Bill’s mom because they work at the same tire shop as John’s baby mama and if “loose lips sink ships”, she’d be the German U boats in WWI just wrecking shit because she’s the biggest gossip in town so now I’m here thinking “gee I wish I never said that” because you KNOW it’s going to get back to John and now he’s probably not going to want to skate because he thinks there’s some sort of mass conspiracy just like when he thought he was getting abducted by aliens even though that was when he was drinking like 2 bottles of cough medicine trying to get a cheap trip which, I’m not a doctor, but I think is probably doing some sort of damage to your internal organs, I mean the guy called 911 on that cough syrup one time talking about the manta rays coming to get him.
This must be one of the best posts I've seen here.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2022, 06:20:11 PM »
One of the teenage potheads at my local park pissed off the rest of the teenage potheads by getting drunk and causing a scene at the park a week ago. I think they're all over it now.

somefucker

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2022, 04:53:03 AM »
pretty much everything at wawa sucks these days

i do like the sliced apples and those little salami/mozzeralla roll ups tho

they upped their burrito bowl quality, on a day i forget to bring lunch that shits the bomb.com