Author Topic: tyshawn of fa. hardies incoming  (Read 65471 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
Re: tyshawn of fa. hardies incoming
« Reply #420 on: May 09, 2022, 04:51:50 AM »
was supposed to be ishod and kader leaving their sponsors to join forces with tj/nak and shake shit up

Why would Ishod leave to be a follower?   He’s bigger than anyone in those 4

Tyson, Zion, Foy et al should get a FL thing going through Baker

Robert Baratheon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #421 on: May 09, 2022, 06:00:20 AM »
I actually think he puts out the perfect amount of footage
Some people i want to say almost put out too much footage!! even though they are goats like Jamie Thomas, Ishod, Foy,  Suciu, Tiago Llemos... etc but the fans want to consume the content. A lot of people just want to watch these guys, or probably thousands of other guys as well, just pushing down the street they are such fans. So why not put out content if yo uare able to? seems to make sense.

But...
It dilutes your brand.
Tyshawn really is like a sasquatch, often talked about in a legendary sense, but rarely seen.
Think about some of the best style skaters of all time. Penny, Mariano, Gino, Popps, Wenning, Jake Johnson, Tim OConnor.

also in those cases they just piled out / lazy / over it. There is that side of it too. Which he very much could be. There is a lot more to life than skateboarding. I imagine he has put in more hours on the board than any one on this entire board.

O’Connor? Dude looks like cricket when he skates.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
« Reply #422 on: May 09, 2022, 06:52:58 AM »
Carl's style is so effortless he really has you thinking he's average

somefucker

« Reply #423 on: May 09, 2022, 06:55:35 AM »
was supposed to be ishod and kader leaving their sponsors to join forces with tj/nak and shake shit up

got me thinking

are there pros that voluntarily left their sponsors pretty much immediately after releasing a pro shoe/board/etc?

i can't think of any 'contemporary' skaters off the dome rn

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #424 on: May 09, 2022, 07:00:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

are there pros that voluntarily left their sponsors pretty much immediately after releasing a pro shoe/board/etc?

Brian Brown and Politic

Alex Olson and 3D

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
  • Free Max B
« Reply #425 on: May 09, 2022, 07:06:15 AM »
Remember when kader was skating FA boards, then Reynolds turned him pro and gave him a board that looked like them “class photo” graphics.

Wonder what he’ll have to do this time. Especially if they’re still on that “everyone gets paid the same, if you want more money you have to sell more boards.” Which is the reason Leo left after what like 5 months.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 880
« Reply #426 on: May 09, 2022, 07:09:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

Brian Brown and Politic

Alex Olson and 3D

Allysha le went to creature before her model came out on hoopla. Forget the exact story but Callum Paul got on passport but then was of for maybe a year or so before he was on again. I think Jose Rojo had a shoe on Etnies that only came out in two colours then was of

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1133
« Reply #427 on: May 09, 2022, 07:15:08 AM »
Remember when kader was skating FA boards, then Reynolds turned him pro and gave him a board that looked like them “class photo” graphics.

Wonder what he’ll have to do this time. Especially if they’re still on that “everyone gets paid the same, if you want more money you have to sell more boards.” Which is the reason Leo left after what like 5 months.

Free max b

You think Leo would rather be on Toy Machine, rn tho?
Few months back I would have said that violet or fa was looking like where Kader would go, but…baker up

somefucker

« Reply #428 on: May 09, 2022, 07:16:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

Brian Brown and Politic

Alex Olson and 3D

lol
manson on the shelf

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #429 on: May 09, 2022, 08:02:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He isn't following Chocolate on Instagram.
[close]

He's too good to languish in craig purgatory, would be sick if he was on the new tyshawn / nak company. He's always skating nyc and the adidas connection is there.
[close]

Justin Eldridge didn’t have a single sponsor outside of crail tap for 15 years and that man has a Tesla , two kids, a house in Manhattan beach and the capital to start a goose Shit toothpick company .

his parents probably helped him the house , either that or he is mortgaged to the hilton. have a hard time imagining they ever paid that guy more than like 50k a year lol but i honestly have no idea what lower tier pros make. most of his best footage was in Yeah Right! before he was pro

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #430 on: May 09, 2022, 08:21:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

Brian Brown and Politic

Alex Olson and 3D

taylor smith bounced like two weeks after foundation turned him pro to ride for fuckin mystery

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: May 09, 2022, 08:30:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

Brian Brown and Politic

Alex Olson and 3D

[close]

taylor smith bounced like two weeks after foundation turned him pro to ride for fuckin mystery

Stevie on Seek/Tekneat.

Drawcula

• Rep: -3
« Reply #432 on: May 09, 2022, 09:28:08 AM »
Carl's style is so effortless he really has you thinking he's average

For real. Could put a part out every month the way he flows.

Drawcula

• Rep: -3
« Reply #433 on: May 09, 2022, 09:39:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

He's too good to languish in craig purgatory, would be sick if he was on the new tyshawn / nak company. He's always skating nyc and the adidas connection is there.
[close]

Justin Eldridge didn’t have a single sponsor outside of crail tap for 15 years and that man has a Tesla , two kids, a house in Manhattan beach and the capital to start a goose Shit toothpick company .
[close]

his parents probably helped him the house , either that or he is mortgaged to the hilton. have a hard time imagining they ever paid that guy more than like 50k a year lol but i honestly have no idea what lower tier pros make. most of his best footage was in Yeah Right! before he was pro

He had a shoe on es for a second there too.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2022, 09:48:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That shoe looked really good.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #435 on: May 09, 2022, 11:21:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

Mike Carroll quit Vans the day he got his own shoe from them

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #436 on: May 09, 2022, 11:26:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

Really?   He’s got some balls to be mad at Mj

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #437 on: May 09, 2022, 11:28:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

Speaking of Mike Carroll that reminds me I think he did a similar thing with DC. He had a shoe called the embarko but it came out after lakai had already started.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #438 on: May 09, 2022, 11:35:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

[close]
Speaking of Mike Carroll that reminds me I think he did a similar thing with DC. He had a shoe called the embarko but it came out after lakai had already started.

Carroll had 2 pro models on DC, The Cozmo and The Embarko. He quit Vans for DC around ‘96 and started Lakai around ‘99.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #439 on: May 09, 2022, 11:35:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

kk so for couple years he prob broke 100k wit the shoe that was not really that popular. still i could see making 200k even those years, i know those cheques are quite good even if it wasnt doing crazy numbers. so he has made osme money in pro skating short term but no real career skills as a result, that is actually kind of scary to thinkyou have a fat ass mortgage to pay off though and you dont really have shit to show for it. if he was cancelled from skateboarding could be hard for him to make money, i think he had bad injuries too

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #440 on: May 09, 2022, 11:52:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

[close]
[close]

Carroll had 2 pro models on DC, The Cozmo and The Embarko. He quit Vans for DC around ‘96 and started Lakai around ‘99.
Doing some very basic research seems Mike Carroll started lakai sometime between April and August 99 and the embarko was still being advertised in Dec 99

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #441 on: May 09, 2022, 12:00:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Doing some very basic research seems Mike Carroll started lakai sometime between April and August 99 and the embarko was still being advertised in Dec 99

The Embarko’s came out in fall ‘99. They were already in skate shops and malls by then and make a few appearances in Modus Operandi.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #442 on: May 09, 2022, 01:58:23 PM »
Eldridge had multiple shoes that sold pretty well actually.
SPB!

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #443 on: May 09, 2022, 02:44:19 PM »
Eldridge had multiple shoes that sold pretty well actually.

He had the Theory done in different variations. Two had the strap but in different locations and then he did a low.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #444 on: May 09, 2022, 03:44:00 PM »

Free max b

I'm pretty sure he said he left cause never felt he fit in with the crew

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2022, 03:10:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

The Embarko’s came out in fall ‘99. They were already in skate shops and malls by then and make a few appearances in Modus Operandi.

He’s wearing them a lot more in the back half of his Chocolate Tour part

I had a pair.   It was too narrow for me to like skating in (similar to the Montoya 1s).   Have been noticing the black pair in Wennings photo part and some others.   

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2022, 06:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He doesn't follow any of his sponsors

The 'search' function to see who people are following has been kind of broken on Instagram lately but if you scroll down he's following Adidas Skateboarding, but not Chocolate. 

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #447 on: May 10, 2022, 06:19:08 AM »
i wouldnt follow chocolate on ig either

manysnakes

« Reply #448 on: May 10, 2022, 08:44:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

got me thinking

manysnakes

« Reply #449 on: May 10, 2022, 08:46:06 AM »

Free max b

If my local park is any indication, Kader getting paid per-deck would be working out hugely in his favor.