Author Topic: Primitive "Define" Full Length - Premier May 27th  (Read 36148 times)

Skibb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Primitive "Define" Full Length - Premier May 27th
« Reply #330 on: June 08, 2022, 07:04:51 AM »
👑 👑 👑 👑

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #331 on: June 08, 2022, 07:15:14 AM »
anyone notice how gigantic Tre Williams wheels are when he does that back big ender? looks like he is on 60s worn down to like 57mm, they are so chonky

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #332 on: June 08, 2022, 07:42:12 AM »
Highly noticeable Miles Silvas’ powerslide after Front nosesliding Nyjah’s Toedrag Rail.  ;D
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #333 on: June 08, 2022, 08:16:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The intro with P-Rod also sampled the hook of Apache's Jump On it, throwback to Yeah Right, along with his use of Nas' Get Down. Super pinched on his SW BS Smith too.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No one else thinks this dramatic editing is a little too much? Like the skating is otherworldly, but it just ends up being a little corny at times.

I'm all for hiphop, but a lot of the music was straight garbage lol

P-Rod and Wade were favs, and cool to see Tiago skate Oslo
[close]

I'm with you. It felt like they made a skate video for Netflix. Unbelievable skateboarding but I thought the pacing for a lot of the parts was off. In particular Taylor's and Carlos' part. The build up to the end of Carlos part was almost non-existent, and then it just ended on a trick that I personally don't think should've been his ender since I don't think he was locked in at any point.

Really like Tre Williams. He's come a long away since his Toy Machine/Dekline days.
[close]
if this video had a genre it would be "post-fullyflared"
[close]

Did feel a touch overly edited, but I'll take that over Strobeck filming any day.
[close]

There was no b-roll really, which sets it apart from baker and supreme et al.

Seems they were going for something a bit different with the slo mo and extra angles and they made it very watchable without going of the deep end into Ty evans territory
[close]

There was a ton of b-roll in this. I lost track how many times they had footage of a filmer filming a line before they cut to the actual line. So pointless. I haven't seen that many filmer BGP's ever.

2nd watch I noticed the lifestyle b-roll more and the repetitiveness of the music - but are second angles of the runup considered b-roll? I thought b-roll was only smoking, post trick celebrations, shitty roll-on grinds, and creepy voyeur shots of the general public.

Also did robert neal really only huck stair sets in his part?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #334 on: June 08, 2022, 08:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone got an ID of Biagio's bucket hat at 49:35? (Trick was also ridiculous)
[close]
looks like a polo bear bucket hat
[close]

Thank you, it's looking like that's the case.
[close]
What’s it valued at?
I saw one on Etsy going for about $54

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #335 on: June 08, 2022, 08:38:34 AM »
Finally finished the entire video, really enjoyed it the whole way through even though I'm not usually that into highly produced skate videos. I think Tre Williams had my favorite part even though I was expecting Tiago or Pedro Biagio to claim that spot. It's probably because Tre wasn't really on my radar before, so his part really impressed me. He has such good style.

baggy spandex

« Reply #336 on: June 08, 2022, 09:56:49 AM »
I wish I had some better speakers for those subs that kick in around the end of Franky’s part at Flushing, goddamn

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 80
« Reply #337 on: June 08, 2022, 11:52:27 AM »
Highly noticeable Miles Silvas’ powerslide after Front nosesliding Nyjah’s Toedrag Rail.  ;D

was cracking up at that lol

unrelated but does anyone know how old JB is? he seems pretty confident he's gonna be back on the board killing it in no time but i feel like he must be at least pushing 40 if not over, and a serious injury at that age is often career-ending. i also just found that whole segment to be extremely corny lol there were other dudes with serious injuries that took them out for extended periods of time that had footy in this video (Paul, Giovanni, maybe others) and they either just had a short section (Paul) or were in the montage (Giovanni). really didn't need the whole dramatic monologue and it seems like it could easily turn into a bit of a bunt to claim that you'll be back producing high-level skating soon with a gnarly injury at what i assume his age to be. dude is an absolute legend and i've been a fan for ages but i woulda been fine with just having some JB clips in the montage imo

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #338 on: June 08, 2022, 12:00:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

unrelated but does anyone know how old JB is? he seems pretty confident he's gonna be back on the board killing it in no time but i feel like he must be at least pushing 40 if not over, and a serious injury at that age is often career-ending. i also just found that whole segment to be extremely corny lol there were other dudes with serious injuries that took them out for extended periods of time that had footy in this video (Paul, Giovanni, maybe others) and they either just had a short section (Paul) or were in the montage (Giovanni). really didn't need the whole dramatic monologue and it seems like it could easily turn into a bit of a bunt to claim that you'll be back producing high-level skating soon with a gnarly injury at what i assume his age to be. dude is an absolute legend and i've been a fan for ages but i woulda been fine with just having some JB clips in the montage imo
Paul is not human in terms of his status and Giovanni is young. Let the old fart have his disclaimer and keep some of his pride haha

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #339 on: June 08, 2022, 12:06:22 PM »
Jean Baptiste is 43, turning 44 in August.

baggy spandex

« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2022, 12:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure JB's the only one that sustained a serious injury while filming specifically for this video. And it sounds like he already is back on the board, so that part isn't even in question.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #341 on: June 08, 2022, 01:04:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

JB only needs to do flatground tricks to be enjoyable..one of the best style ever.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #342 on: June 08, 2022, 01:12:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pretty sure JB's the only one that sustained a serious injury while filming specifically for this video. And it sounds like he already is back on the board, so that part isn't even in question.

He had footage in the video too

conqueso

« Reply #343 on: June 08, 2022, 01:40:06 PM »
jb's push > gino's push

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #344 on: June 08, 2022, 02:02:57 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #345 on: June 08, 2022, 02:09:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

giovanni the red head brazilian cab monster definitely had an injury

baggy spandex

« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2022, 02:31:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

giovanni the red head brazilian cab monster definitely had an injury

I didn't forget about Gio! But he fucked up his ACL when they were working on Fourth Quarter

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #347 on: June 08, 2022, 02:32:26 PM »
Wade rocking bones mediums in thunders; it can be done.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2022, 02:52:59 PM »
JB had me going like 'didn't he JUST put out a part for titus?!" nope, that was Dani Lebron. Man, old dudes are killing it this year! Villani is a god.
Silvas obv took the breezy diss to heart and toned down his shit, finally slowly winning slap over while she's sorta phoning it in, what a diabolical twist, I love it.

conqueso

« Reply #349 on: June 08, 2022, 02:59:16 PM »
Expand Quote
jb's push > gino's push
[close]
Blasphemy

no sir. JB possibly most picturesque push in skating. his sw mongo is also amazing

Dr Hass

• Rep: 4
« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2022, 03:17:22 PM »
Incredibly high level skating across the board, that for some reason is completely disposable.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2022, 03:33:01 PM »

i gave up on that dream when they exploded on me after two sessions

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2022, 04:57:21 PM »
I wish I had some better speakers for those subs that kick in around the end of Franky’s part at Flushing, goddamn

I watched it proper: 77" and dual subs; the soundtrack does not disappoint (all that much); it gets better as the video progresses.

Expand Quote
[close]

i gave up on that dream when they exploded on me after two sessions

I've tried, bone meds in thunders are tighter than Spandex on Zion.

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #353 on: June 08, 2022, 05:21:36 PM »
German haircuts, New Balances and subtle Christian vibes trending hard

We’ve gone from high fives to hugs to a grateful look up at the Lord in heaven after a switch banger

Forgive us our fence jumps, as we forgive those who jump our fences...

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #354 on: June 08, 2022, 08:20:52 PM »
Incredibly high level skating across the board, that for some reason is completely disposable.
This… took me 4 different attempts to make it through the video. A big team of really incredibly skilled skaters but all with the absolute most boring styles ever compiled in one team video.

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -228
« Reply #355 on: June 08, 2022, 10:56:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This… took me 4 different attempts to make it through the video. A big team of really incredibly skilled skaters but all with the absolute most boring styles ever compiled in one team video.

What high level pros peak your interest as far as style goes? Just curious

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #356 on: June 08, 2022, 11:36:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

"Brad Cromer" lol
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #357 on: June 09, 2022, 05:30:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I actually agree to a certain extent even though I did enjoy the video (but not the soundtrack). That's why I think putting Franky Villani on was one of the smartest things Paul has done for this company.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2022, 06:57:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

"Brad Cromer" lol
Yeah big fan of Brad obviously. Sablone , Manderson, Nyle Lovett, Bob Wo, Hjalte, Dane Brady, Louie Lopez, Templeton , Gonz , Ellington, Allen, there are a bunch more. Basically anyone that actually moves their arms when they skate, the perfect landing with arms to your side shit just isn’t my cup of tea.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2022, 07:07:35 AM »
Anyone else have the impression that there were a lot of homage tricks and spots and generally quite a bit of nostalgia in this? There’s JB basically recreating his own early work with New Deal in his part, but there’s a lot of that in other parts as well I thought even though I can’t quite put my finger on it

Also viz the (of all things) “German” haircuts: I really haven’t been home for way too long.