Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 170281 times)

LostBearings

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2022, 08:30:39 AM »
Mikey only wears clothes like that because he knows if he dressed like a skater it'd be stolen valor

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2022, 08:35:05 AM »
Murky Alfred is the apex predator of useless capitalism

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 48
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2022, 08:41:12 AM »
Tyshawns about to steal that whole team  8)
Man just get Zach on that new shit. He’s wasting his talent on IC and I feel like he knows it.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2022, 10:09:01 AM »
Expand Quote
There’s something powerful about the triangle shape
[close]

I'm so mad that I immediately got these references   :-\

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2022, 10:17:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I'm so mad that I immediately got these references   :-\

That guy looks like Abdullah the Butcher after liposuction.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2022, 10:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Weird people are putting Jonah Hill and Mikey in the same camp. Jonah Hill is way cooler than Mikey Alfred. I've always thought Mikey was the worst, but when that interview came out talking shit on Spike Jones, that was the final straw. Hopefully he gets blacklisted from Hollywood.
[close]

Hollywood has to know who Mikey is to blacklist him

Re: Jonah.   People give him shit about his lack of talent, but that’s totally relatable.   Not everyone who loves skateboarding is required to have talent at it and he clearly has always had an affection for it.   I suck, but I’ve thought about few things more in the past 20 years of my life

Sure, Mid90s was a little bit of a masturbatory attempt to recast his life as a good skater, rather than embrace true/interesting/relatable version, but he’s never come across as exploitative of skateboarding and if it got him a seat at the cool skaters table for a little, bless up my friend.
[close]
Nah man I think Jonah Hill is a culture vulture. Look at the way he gave up on skating and now acts like he’s mr surf, posting ig clips of himself flagrantly burning people at malibu. I know first point is a kook circus drop-in fest but if you live right down the road maybe you could manage to get a clip where you aren’t just ruining somebody else’s wave? Other people manage to do it somehow.

I don't keep up with him on social media or anything, so that could be true. I just think at least Jonah's done legit stuff in his life. Mikey is just surrounded by yes people who inflate his ego. It's as if anything he touches he thinks is gold even when it's utter trash. The lack of humility will hopefully be his downfall. Maybe their next full length they'll include a free golf ball and sell it for $50 and Hollywood kids will eat it up and he's really a genius and I'm just bitter. Could be true as well.

Irvine-Sucks.com

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2022, 10:20:16 AM »
 Yeah I despised this dude's entire presence the first time I saw him (on Weekend Buzz), and he somehow doubles down on the kook factor everytime a camera is pointed at him.
 Dr. Urkle Huxtable looking motherfucker.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2022, 11:08:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Mikey Alfred seems like the most insufferable person in skating right now. I can't even listen to dude talk. Worst dude on and off the board
[close]
He actually skates?

I thought I saw some b roll clips of him skating before but I could be mistaken. If so, worst dude off the board haha.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2022, 11:20:09 AM »
Jonah Hill always makes me laugh.
Even if he isn't in a funny movie.

Sorry Jonah
IG: @flowterspace

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2022, 01:32:04 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrHUzHWJFf0

SHIT like 4 people beat me to it lol

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2022, 01:39:53 PM »
Mikey Alfred is a good example why skateboarding still needs gatekeeping.

apply today

• Rep: 5
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2022, 02:21:29 PM »
"I drew this dinosaur on a piece of tracing paper" ???

Buttholesurfer

• Rep: 13
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2022, 02:29:08 PM »
My mans Mikey look like Al Roker after his lap band surgery.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2022, 02:44:36 PM »

This would be a sick class photo deck

Best thing about Mikey Alfred is his last name makes me think of Alfredo then I get hungry. Been pan frying chicken breasts a lot these days on my cast iron skillets. Delicious.

Anyone have one of those grilling cast iron skillets. With the grooves. Seems worth it but idk

nothing's been the since same

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2022, 02:50:18 PM »

Best thing about Mikey Alfred is his last name makes me think of Alfredo then I get hungry. Been pan frying chicken breasts a lot these days on my cast iron skillets. Delicious.

Anyone have one of those grilling cast iron skillets. With the grooves. Seems worth it but idk

Hell yeah brother boneless/skinless breasts are amazing on those. Season those bitches up with some garlic and cajun powder, few chili flakes. Chef’s kiss.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2022, 03:39:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrHUzHWJFf0

SHIT like 4 people beat me to it lol
[close]

Wait... Those are really examples of the art he uses for his brand???

Edit: I just checkes their website out and those graphics look like Napoleon Dynamite drew them, which is actually an homage to Mikey's favorite film. That's some meta 4D chess he's playing.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2022, 04:05:54 PM »

Man I tried to talk my girlfriend into us getting one from bed bath and beyond and she was like no just get a normal skillet. So we got a normal skillet but damn I wanted the one with the grill grooves. I have a new cast iron but I need to season it and I don’t remember how. I’ve only done it once forever ago then that one got ruined from an ex and I got a new one but haven’t seasoned it. It’s been like 7 years just chilling brand new

hadouken

• Rep: 54
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2022, 04:49:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Man I tried to talk my girlfriend into us getting one from bed bath and beyond and she was like no just get a normal skillet. So we got a normal skillet but damn I wanted the one with the grill grooves. I have a new cast iron but I need to season it and I don’t remember how. I’ve only done it once forever ago then that one got ruined from an ex and I got a new one but haven’t seasoned it. It’s been like 7 years just chilling brand new

Cast iron seasoning is serious business and everyone has their own approach to it, but its fairly universally accepted that a good, easy start is to just cook up a bunch of bacon in it. That's a great starting point.

Don't get too hung up on getting it perfect first time, 'cos you'll still have to do it every few months / years depending how much you use it. I personally like to keep mine really clean, so I'm seasoning it fairly regularly.

Cast iron cooking rules, just don't get confused by all the internet geekery around them.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2022, 05:25:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hell yeah brother boneless/skinless breasts are amazing on those. Season those bitches up with some garlic and cajun powder, few chili flakes. Chef’s kiss.

skinsideup neverforget

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2022, 05:42:15 PM »
Cast irons are chill, I have like 3. One thing that sucks tho is sometimes one of them really does get fucked up and I have to reseason it. Then I don’t use it for a while. But it’s cool that you can pretty much beat them to shit and always just scrub the fuck out of it, hell you could even take a sander to it if you want, and just season it again. They can be endlessly revived. Which is not so true with a lot of other materials.

I know a few people who use soap on em, and I kinda wanna try it.

I’m not super precious about seasoning. But sometimes it’ll like smell bad or have rust or right now I have carbon bits flaking off of one because I think I slow cooked something hella acidic in it (which is a bit of a cast iron kryptonite). So there are a few sticking points (no pun intended), but overall cast iron is the shit.

I also wanna try carbon steel which is like the same basic vibe but a bit lighter.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2022, 06:42:55 PM »
Cast irons are chill, I have like 3. One thing that sucks tho is sometimes one of them really does get fucked up and I have to reseason it. Then I don’t use it for a while. But it’s cool that you can pretty much beat them to shit and always just scrub the fuck out of it, hell you could even take a sander to it if you want, and just season it again. They can be endlessly revived. Which is not so true with a lot of other materials.

I know a few people who use soap on em, and I kinda wanna try it.

I’m not super precious about seasoning. But sometimes it’ll like smell bad or have rust or right now I have carbon bits flaking off of one because I think I slow cooked something hella acidic in it (which is a bit of a cast iron kryptonite). So there are a few sticking points (no pun intended), but overall cast iron is the shit.

I also wanna try carbon steel which is like the same basic vibe but a bit lighter.

The Lodge site actually says to use Dawn dish soap to clean them. Just put a drop on the brush and clean it and then dry it really well and you're off and running. I cook with mine all the time and use soap to clean it and it is totally fine.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2022, 07:17:23 PM »
I always heard not to use soap to wash them, but recently saw a video mentioning that soaps a few decades ago were bad for it, but now the formulation is different so it’s not the case.

Sometimes I’ll use salt to remove residue because it’s acts as an abrasive. Mostly after I’ve cooked something with sauce.

As for seasoning, cooking bacon is always a good way to get things going.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2022, 07:44:42 PM »
It’s not the soap that kills them as much as not thoroughly drying them. I don’t soap mine much but I clean em under water with a brush then wipe em down, pop em on the hot plate for a minute to steam the rest off, give it a dry wipe down and put those cunts away

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2022, 07:57:32 PM »
i ended up skating with this guy like 7 years ago cause my old roommates were friends with him at the time. for some reason i was trying to kick flip over some double set rail and he just started filming it (after i broke my ankle my kick flips are rocket as all hell) the whole time he was really tight, telling me i got it after every try. i ended up being over it but it was refreshing filming with a stranger in la that was supportive n shit. that was the first and last time i’ve ever met him but he was a really good dude. sounds like whatever fame that came about got to his head. everything i’ve seen or heard of him since then straight up seems like it’s a different person

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2022, 08:56:47 PM »
I've got a cast iron skillet with the grooves, but it rarely gets used.

And I use soap now and again on our regular cast iron skillet. Sometimes though I clean it just by giving it a good wipe out with a dry piece of towel. Just don't go crazy cleaning them and you'll be fine.

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2022, 09:36:35 PM »
pretty stoked to see all the cast iron heads pop up in this thread lol

From what I understand, some soap is ok. but dry and season it real quick (napkin wipe a dry skillet with some canola/avocado/vegetable oil and put it on heat til it smokes) I normally rinse with hot water once the pan has cooled from cooking. scrub with some steel wool then seasoning time.

to season a pan for the first time I put a lot of oil then bake it for some time. I stand behind the bacon move. recently been cooking bacon in my pans and it jolted the nonstick abilities into the pans. they were good already. i've been all cast iron lately.

garlic powder, cajun spice and some chili flakes sounds good. thanks for the suggestion. would go well with the creaminess of the mikey alfredo

I want the grill groove pan to make steaks, chicken breasts, burgers, grilled cheese, etc.

to clean my pans, well I tried this once and it worked well so far. I put my dirty pan into some coals after a bbq and let the coals burn the caked on grime off. seemed to work but I'm gonna do another round on this one pan I have.

nothing's been the since same

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2022, 10:28:19 PM »
Only rule to cast iron is to realize you really can't fuck it up.  You can treat it nice but you really can't fuck it up.

Soap and sponge? Go for it just dry that bitch and put it back on the burner with a little oil after to ensure its truly dry and good to store.

Your seasoning ain't what you hoped for? Who gives a fuck do it again you can't hurt it.

Manage to truly fuck it up somehow? Just scrub the bitch down reseason and you're back ready.

Anyone telling you to avoid citrus can also fuck off. Toss this tomatoes in dude just treat it proper in response ya know. 

I hope you all get after some proper sheperds pie real soon

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2022, 12:35:39 AM »
I've been a basic bitch Teflon Don for a long time but have been reading about how fucking bad that shit is for you and am keen to get off it. Been a little nervous about pulling the trigger on that iron but this thread has been informative and reassuring, think I'm gonna do it.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2022, 01:36:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cast iron with the grooves is dumb as fuck, it gives you the lines you'd get on a grill with zero of the other benefits of cooking on a grill. If you're using cast iron, just use the regular pan, makes it easier to baste while you're cooking.

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts are the a pathetic white american culinary abomination. Is this weight watchers? If you're dead set on the breast at the very least leave the skin on, there is fat between the skin and the meat that renders when when you cook it so at least you get SOME flavor. Better yet, toss some thighs on, bone-in, skin on.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2022, 01:58:39 AM »
Tyshawn calls IC the worst brand in skateboarding and these middle age fucks wanna talk about cast iron skillets? Some of the best skate gossip in a minute and you’re fucking it up.