Poll

Would you skate a spot on a strangers front porch/home?

.....Yea
.....Nah
.....Maybe under special circumstances, for an important clip or something.

Author Topic: Poll: To skate on a strangers front porch/home or not?  (Read 4348 times)

IpathCats

Poll: To skate on a strangers front porch/home or not?
« on: June 01, 2022, 05:53:03 AM »
I see this a lot, in SF footy especially, just wondering how SLAP feels about this.

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 338
  • Jamu Gost
Re: Poll: To skate on a strangers front porch/home or not?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 06:00:06 AM »
I don't do it because I don't want to wake up babies or   disturb people at all really. People seem especially sensitive to skate sounds and it can be triggering for some so I've always been careful about it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 873
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 06:03:31 AM »
For me no but I don't live in a city. Basically I'd be annoyed if people waxed up mine or someone I knows front steps/ generally fucked with my property so I won't do it to somebody else. Old people's home or disability housing not happening.  Regular apartment building is probably ok if it's not specifically one person's living space etc

IpathCats

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 06:03:58 AM »
I don't do it because I don't want to wake up babies or   disturb people at all really. People seem especially sensitive to skate sounds and it can be triggering for some so I've always been careful about it.

Yea, I feel like i would probably only do it if no one was home, and i NEEDED the clip or something, like a 1 in a million spot. idk.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 06:06:10 AM »
With consent or giving the resident some money, sure. Otherwise nah

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 06:12:06 AM »
With consent or giving the resident some money, sure. Otherwise nah
This…. For sure.

IpathCats

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 06:17:23 AM »
I'm very surprised at all the good bois on SLAP, with how often i see this in videos, i really thought it was more accepted. I was starting to feel like a poosey.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 06:24:27 AM »
I'm very surprised at all the good bois on SLAP, with how often i see this in videos, i really thought it was more accepted. I was starting to feel like a poosey.

We're on slap at work or at home not in the streets :'(

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 16
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 06:58:17 AM »

sk8punk110

• Rep: -39
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 07:00:58 AM »
Front porch spots are dope and if u get kicked out u get some sweet b-roll of some livid lady throwing water on you or something.
My pillowcase is made out of griptape.  That core enough for your punk ass?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 07:04:41 AM »
if its some douche bag millionaire then go the fuck in. honestly fuck them. they did not earn that place in society it was gifted and grafted. they can deal with it. i am having a fucking trash day today.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 07:11:57 AM »
Nah. Would you skate someone's car without permission?

If I needed to do repairs on my house because some brat with a bmx bike decided it was the perfect spot for a clip I'd be pissed. If it was someone on a skateboard, I'd probably be OK with it, but I'm a different person than most. To the average person a skateboard, bmx, scooter, rollerblades, unicycle, etc., are all exactly the same if they're causing some kind of damage or even making unusual noise.

Then again, I'll likely never own a house because what even is real estate these days, but that's beside the point.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 07:12:11 AM »
I say yes but specifically at apartment buildings. One time i asked some people if i could skate their front steps and they answered with "i dont give a fuck" and went inside like i was being annoying. It honestly depends on what city youre in. Places like baltimore are littered with house spots that get lots of action and seem to be relatively accepted by the people that live at them.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2022, 07:12:22 AM »
What about funeral homes/cremation centres?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2022, 07:12:35 AM »
happens all the time here. it’s pretty whatever, no one owns where they live here anyway and generally don’t give a fuck, maybe it’s a bigger city thing cause i’m sure someone can find some nyc clips on an apartment building hubba or something

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2022, 07:13:09 AM »
please dont skate some hard working families place he saved his ass off for, has kids etc.. you should be able to tell the difference pretty easily.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2022, 07:17:42 AM »
Apartment building - sure
Bando - sure
Someone’s privately owned and occupied home - nah, kind of a dick move for the average skater (I think there’s somewhat of an exception if you’re filming a professional level video part, then you gotta do what you gotta do to produce cool content)

veritas

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2022, 07:24:33 AM »
please dont skate some hard working families place he saved his ass off for, has kids etc.. you should be able to tell the difference pretty easily.

This, apartment buildings, projects, shared areas in rental properties is one thing but the private homes you see people getting SF footage on is pretty out of line, you don't know who lives there and deserve whatever happens to you at that point

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2022, 07:27:57 AM »
I pass this place on my run every day. You can tell it has a downhill leading to it, there is a residence across the street with with giant SEMPER FI/ALL LIVES MATTER/BLUE LINE flags, the garage is always open, i feel like you could get like 3 tries. No one will ever skate it

nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2022, 07:44:04 AM »
if the spot calls for it it calls for it, but i wouldn't want to run the risk of the homeowners stepping out like

IpathCats

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2022, 07:50:18 AM »
Bando - sure
Someone’s privately owned and occupied home - nah, kind of a dick move for the average skater (I think there’s somewhat of an exception if you’re filming a professional level video part, then you gotta do what you gotta do to produce cool content)

Yea basically on the same page here.

I pass this place on my run every day. You can tell it has a downhill leading to it, there is a residence across the street with with giant SEMPER FI/ALL LIVES MATTER/BLUE LINE flags, the garage is always open, i feel like you could get like 3 tries. No one will ever skate it

damn what a tease. if i thought of a trick i needed on the bank itself, no grinding or anything, i would probably just ask.

if its some douche bag millionaire then go the fuck in. honestly fuck them. they did not earn that place in society it was gifted and grafted. they can deal with it. i am having a fucking trash day today.

If they're rich its ok to disrupt them and mess up their private property? I get that the wealth gap sucks and all, but i dont think i would feel lok about doing that just because someone is better off than me. Sorry about your day man. hopefully you can get a good sesh in at somepoint. that usually helps me.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 172
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2022, 08:03:07 AM »
Apartment probably. If I’m bumming out tenants, I’m out of there.
Being a new home owner, I’d be likely to loose my shit on some kids skating my property and might have to fight there dad.
*even though there’s nothing skateable at my house and I’m a frail coward with glass wrists.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2022, 08:14:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Bando - sure
[close]

Yea basically on the same page here.

Expand Quote

[close]

damn what a tease. if i thought of a trick i needed on the bank itself, no grinding or anything, i would probably just ask.

Expand Quote
[close]

If they're rich its ok to disrupt them and mess up their private property? I get that the wealth gap sucks and all, but i dont think i would feel lok about doing that just because someone is better off than me. Sorry about your day man. hopefully you can get a good sesh in at somepoint. that usually helps me.

Not just rich / well off. I mean like serious "old money" type wealth. like that handrial Maaaaaaaax did at that 30 million dollar home on the last baker vid lol. those people have like full on staff on their property and shit. those people can get fucked. i am not talking about someone who makes 100k a year. but yeah i personally wont even do it unless i am having a terrible day. i dont want that smoke. it is a big risk like someone said in the US especially someone could pull up on you with some fire power. I definintely dont want that smoke. also i mostly just skate curbs now anyway so i dont need to be doing stuff like this, i am already risking a lot spraying spots etc.

smokemasterjp

• Rep: -25
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2022, 08:14:36 AM »
Go for it but don't be shocked if they jump out with a fucking shotgun

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 873
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2022, 08:44:12 AM »

This looks fun to skate but brings up section two of the argument. It's not going to look good on footage. Suburban house in the background almost always looks really grommy.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2022, 08:52:20 AM »
Someone's personal home? No.

I get that some pros pay the owners sometimes, but I'm not collecting clips.

But for the most part, I'm a parking lot/school/park/skatepark person. I'm not trying to bother anyone.

marty mcfly

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2022, 09:16:10 AM »

I caught myself „kicking out“ a group of younger skaters when they skated directly under our sons room window when he was about 10 months old.
I know...it’s my son ,but it still felt kind of weird telling people not to skate  ;D

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2022, 09:24:13 AM »
I pass this house on my run each day. It's tempting but the owner kinda scares me.

diplodocus

• Rep: 163
  • long neck
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2022, 09:27:42 AM »
Never, ever, ever. Someone’s property is different than skating a real spot. People who do that in SF vids are lame

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2022, 09:29:48 AM »
i’ve had a gun pulled on me and what we thought was an abandoned house before. windows we’re boarded up and no cars in the driveway. never doing that shit again.