Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 31889 times)

dannyprovolone

Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2022, 09:52:11 PM »

lemonchicken91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2022, 06:52:56 AM »
my cats name is craig, got him free off of craig's list
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

you_are_all_cunts

• Rep: 10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2022, 07:10:29 AM »
I would never have picked Bryce Wettstein to have an Elon Musk retweeting, transphobic father.

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2022, 07:14:06 AM »
Lmao of course he's got 'No politics' in his Twitter bio, pretty much always means they've got repugnant political views

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2022, 07:15:41 AM »
'No politics' = I don't want to have to justify or be called out for my abhorrent beliefs

BRINK

• Rep: -934
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2022, 01:56:38 PM »
The video of himself skating the bowl to “challenge”me is reposted from 2018 fyi. 😂😂😂

And this was posted 3 days ago. But don’t worry … he assures us he’s not transphobic.

A game of SKATE against him would be sick though. I’d be down. Pretty sure I’d at least have a few lip tricks on the shallow part of that bowl too. Although transition is certainly my kryptonite. SLAP UNSANCTIONED!

tonitonne

« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2022, 02:02:17 PM »
The video of himself skating the bowl to “challenge”me is reposted from 2018 fyi. 😂😂😂

And this was posted 3 days ago. But don’t worry … he assures us he’s not transphobic.

A game of SKATE against him would be sick though. I’d be down. Pretty sure I’d at least have a few lip tricks on the shallow part of that bowl too. Although transition is certainly my kryptonite. SLAP UNSANCTIONED!

How are you going to play him in skate when you're a rollerblader?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2022, 02:27:02 PM »
Here's an idea to solve all the contest skater and their parent's complaints about trans athletes:

Instead continuing down the road towards bro culture and putting ourselves at the center of some right-wing traditional sports culture war, let's just not have skateboarding be part of some stupid ass mainstream contest run by outsiders, kooks, jocks, and so on.

Let's go back to focusing on video parts that are about talent, style, charisma, creativity, etc. We can allow everyone to make a part that represents who they are and then as an audience, we can simply appreciate each part rather than worrying about who wins or loses (and the rewards that come from winning/losing).

I left skateboarding to escape jock culture for a reason. Pretty bummed Gary Ream, Hendrix, NBC, and a few other people decided bring jock culture to me.  And, I really appreciate that while they were doing it, they were telling me it was bound to happen, they were doing me a favor, and their actions were benefiting skateboarding as a whole. And, it had nothing to do with Ream, Hendrix, and others getting access to power/money by putting skateboarding in the center of the traditional sports world.

Honestly, I wasn't thrilled about the Olympics in the first place, I'm even less thrilled having to deal with the tabloid media create problems that can only exist when skateboarding is about winning/losing. The X-Games might have run into this, but skateboarding wouldn't have been a popular culture war target or attract as many culture war nuts, without the Olympics existing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBjiYZiv5RE
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 02:40:34 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

BRINK

« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2022, 02:29:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How are you going to play him in skate when you're a rollerblader?

Team pup n sudz is versatile bro ...

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2022, 04:37:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The only thing that’s cooler to Grrl with a skateboard is Grrl with a microphone and a drum set.
[close]

Americans saying "drum set" instead of drum kit, hits me right in the same place as when you say "Creg" instead of Craig, and put the days and months in the wrong order when writing the date.
[close]
They could care less

you say Vegeta i say vagina
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Max Wettstein

• Rep: 1
  • This is really Max Wettstein
    • Maxwettsteinfitness.com avatar image
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2022, 06:01:54 PM »
Hello this is Max.  I probably wouldn't have been back on SLAP so soon, but people keep sending me screenshots of Brink's comments about me, including now on this topic thread, which seems really random.  But I would add that I too read the audit of Team USA Skateboarding.  That must be all behind the scenes issues.  As a father of a Team USA Skateboarding skater since the team's inception, I only noticed and witnessed total professionalism from them (apart from a momentary hiccup when Brink blocked me from all of USA Skateboarding's social media for bit).  In fact, USA Skateboarding somehow got my spacey teenage daughter to and from Tokyo 2021 Olympics in one piece, without a parent or agent allowed to attend, during all that crazy COVID protocol.  Specifically to Josh Friedberg and Mimi Knoop, my hat is off.  They made it happen and got Bryce there and back, mission accomplished.

As for Mr. Brink for some reason bringing my name up yet again, in a topic thread that has literally nothing to do with me, (in fact I'm probably already boring everybody right now), I'm just going to weigh in with some more actual facts, not because I care at all what Brink thinks about me, but rather because he took it upon him self in true journalistic fashion to start a trash thread about me, and then once I posted a fair rebuttal, he censored it and deleted it, claiming, I was "lying through my teeth.", without citing you any specifics of course, as to what I was exactly lying about. Because he can't.  Because I was not lying and I believe in full transparency for all.  So Brink, what exactly was I lying about and produce some evidence, full transparency.  I have literally nothing he can ask that I'm not willing to answer straight with a handshake to back it up.  Sorry you all are once again subjected to Brink's personal infatuation with me.  He should really take his issues with me off line, to my face. but he won't because he literally is the definition of a keyboard warrior.

Also to further clear up the record, We as a family did have an amicable split from Bryce's agency, not that any one really cares, this is so boring, everybody is still friends.  These things happen.  People change agents.  This is not even newsworthy.  Brink claims it because I'm a "dick".  Ouch, Brink...I'm so hurt!  Also somebody said they can't believe that I'm destroying Bryce's skating career or something like that.  It's quite the opposite - Bryce now has a giant creativity break from all the agency obligations and asks, nothing against them - it goes with the territory when you're under contracts.  Bryce has that much more time to enjoy her skateboard, surfboard, uke and is currently up at Camp Woodward for girls' week.  So in the future, not that any of you would, but if somebody did have a question about me or my actions, then you could just ask me.  I didn't hire Brink to be my publicist.  He's not doing a very good job at that.  If nothing else, if somebody calls somebody else a liar, we probably shouldn't just take their word for it - its best to do our own research.  Also if the Sketch Hitchcock guy on here is Skitch - you are a legend!

Respectfully,
Max Wettstein
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 06:11:33 PM by Max Wettstein »
Max E. Wettstein

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2022, 06:19:51 PM »
Thank you, Max

-SH

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2022, 06:36:32 PM »
Hello this is Max.  I probably wouldn't have been back on SLAP so soon, but people keep sending me screenshots of Brink's comments about me, including now on this topic thread, which seems really random.  But I would add that I too read the audit of Team USA Skateboarding.  That must be all behind the scenes issues.  As a father of a Team USA Skateboarding skater since the team's inception, I only noticed and witnessed total professionalism from them (apart from a momentary hiccup when Brink blocked me from all of USA Skateboarding's social media for bit).  In fact, USA Skateboarding somehow got my spacey teenage daughter to and from Tokyo 2021 Olympics in one piece, without a parent or agent allowed to attend, during all that crazy COVID protocol.  Specifically to Josh Friedberg and Mimi Knoop, my hat is off.  They made it happen and got Bryce there and back, mission accomplished.

As for Mr. Brink for some reason bringing my name up yet again, in a topic thread that has literally nothing to do with me, (in fact I'm probably already boring everybody right now), I'm just going to weigh in with some more actual facts, not because I care at all what Brink thinks about me, but rather because he took it upon him self in true journalistic fashion to start a trash thread about me, and then once I posted a fair rebuttal, he censored it and deleted it, claiming, I was "lying through my teeth.", without citing you any specifics of course, as to what I was exactly lying about. Because he can't.  Because I was not lying and I believe in full transparency for all.  So Brink, what exactly was I lying about and produce some evidence, full transparency.  I have literally nothing he can ask that I'm not willing to answer straight with a handshake to back it up.  Sorry you all are once again subjected to Brink's personal infatuation with me.  He should really take his issues with me off line, to my face. but he won't because he literally is the definition of a keyboard warrior.

Also to further clear up the record, We as a family did have an amicable split from Bryce's agency, not that any one really cares, this is so boring, everybody is still friends.  These things happen.  People change agents.  This is not even newsworthy.  Brink claims it because I'm a "dick".  Ouch, Brink...I'm so hurt!  Also somebody said they can't believe that I'm destroying Bryce's skating career or something like that.  It's quite the opposite - Bryce now has a giant creativity break from all the agency obligations and asks, nothing against them - it goes with the territory when you're under contracts.  Bryce has that much more time to enjoy her skateboard, surfboard, uke and is currently up at Camp Woodward for girls' week.  So in the future, not that any of you would, but if somebody did have a question about me or my actions, then you could just ask me.  I didn't hire Brink to be my publicist.  He's not doing a very good job at that.  If nothing else, if somebody calls somebody else a liar, we probably shouldn't just take their word for it - its best to do our own research.  Also if the Sketch Hitchcock guy on here is Skitch - you are a legend!

Respectfully,
Max Wettstein

How many bloards can you ollie?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

BRINK

« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2022, 06:54:08 PM »
Oh Max … Still lying. I don’t really have anything to say to you that the entire industry doesn’t already know. Nor would I ever in a million years shake those creepy 14 year old girl obsessing, transphobic hands of yours.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 07:01:06 PM by BRINK »

TheWineClub

• Rep: 38
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2022, 06:57:28 PM »
Brink is vegetarian but he feeds off of beef, yikes.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2022, 06:58:34 PM »
Wow this Max guy has a really similar posting style to Brink, even claiming his detractors are infatuated with him. Should be good.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2022, 07:03:47 PM »
Expand Quote

Respectfully,
Max Wettstein
[close]

How many bloards can you ollie?

Sounds like this guy is Brink-hurt.

BRINK

« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2022, 07:06:26 PM »
Wow this Max guy has a really similar posting style to Brink, even claiming his detractors are infatuated with him. Should be good.

Save the date and see where his daughter’s career is a year from today, then two … since the beginning of the fall of USA Skateboarding and the loss of management he caused. Sadly none of it will be her fault. Also weird he would say they had no issues with USA Skateboarding when all the tweets I blocked him for were talking shit about us. I do believe they tried to sue us as well … because they and some other parents weren’t allowed to go to Tokyo as well because of covid … but he has no issues with USA skateboarding … just like he’s “not transphobic.”

BRINK

« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2022, 07:12:52 PM »
Actually Max … I do have one thing to ask you. Have you heard the rumors going around about your wife allegedly sleeping with a pro skater? Because lot of us have. Maybe not here … but you know, us industry folk. But between that and your daughter’s career and your abs and pitching stories to the Daily Mail, it seems to me you have way bigger things at home to worry about then lying here to save face.

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2022, 07:14:07 PM »
am i supposed to cyberbully brink or this other guy

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2022, 07:14:26 PM »

This was my favourite part.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2022, 07:22:05 PM »
Make with the dick pic, Max, otherwise we’ll never know it’s really you. Don’t forget to sharpie SLAP on your Balzac!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

TheWineClub

• Rep: 38
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2022, 07:52:25 PM »
Actually Max … I do have one thing to ask you. Have you heard the rumors going around about your wife allegedly sleeping with a pro skater? Because lot of us have. Maybe not here … but you know, us industry folk. But between that and your daughter’s career and your abs and pitching stories to the Daily Mail, it seems to me you have way bigger things at home to worry about then lying here to save face.

Dude, you’re fucked up for this

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2022, 07:58:52 PM »
Yeah, that has nothing to do with Max's statements. Now you're just bringing up family stuff which is only going to embarass Bryce and her family more than this situation already has.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

BRINK

« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2022, 08:04:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude, you’re fucked up for this

I guess when someone starts lying (about me and more) as a means of retaliation against me the rules go out the window 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

BRINK

« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2022, 08:05:27 PM »
Yeah, that has nothing to do with Max's statements. Now you're just bringing up family stuff which is only going to embarass Bryce and her family more than this situation already has.

He’s been publicly embarrassing his family for years.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2022, 08:09:46 PM »
I cannot believe Max's wife got fucked in the ass by Todd Falcon and Brink just blew the whole story wide open.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

boogs

« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2022, 08:09:54 PM »

Respectfully,
Max Wettstein
too long, didn't read, don't care, plus go fuck yourself :)

BRINK

« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2022, 08:14:23 PM »
I cannot believe Max's wife got fucked in the ass by Todd Falcon and Brink just blew the whole story wide open.

The WHOLE STORY! Don’t keep replying though, guys … otherwise this thread just stays at the top and grows and grows and grows …

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2022, 08:18:02 PM »

Respectfully,
Max Wettstein

Not 3… not 6… but NINE times!