Author Topic: Louie Lopez Spitfire Part **Monday 8/8  (Read 8584 times)

Trilogy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -301
Re: Louie Lopez Spitfire Part **Monday 8/8
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2022, 10:50:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
boring. been a few hours since i watched it, cant remember one trick.
[close]

I agree!

I don't want to be a hater, but I really don't understand the hype about Louie Lopez, in my opinion he rarely comes with a mind-blowing trick and in my opinion he does not brings anything new to the table, everything he does we all already see before some other dude doing it.

The bs flip over the dumpster and some other tricks were kinda cool, but nothing really mind-blowing.
[close]
Liar

I am not a liar, I just confused the bs flip over the dumpster was from another video from Louie someone posted on this thread.

From the new video I enjoyed the bs lipslide varial heelflip out.

Maybe the problem is in me because maybe he isn't the kind of skating I really enjoy to watch, once again, I don't want to be a hater, I just don't see the hype. ( SOTY contender, no way in my opinion )

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2022, 10:59:54 AM »
he goes. sick.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2022, 11:07:33 AM »
I believe Mark over you. He wanted to show that he wasn't just a ledge dancer and did it. They weren't 20 stair rails or some shit, they were slightly bigger than he had done consistently before. Him wanting to go for SOTY isn't worse than Mason, or Louie, or many others you just don't seem to like the guy. It's not like he said "to win SOTY I gotta put out a part with obscure crusty spots" he had already posted hundreds of clips on his IG skating such spots and wanted to include more of it in his parts than his typical.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2022, 11:14:35 AM »
Expand Quote

The editing/music paired with LL's speed reminded me of watching an old crime or western series where the good guy rushes in shoots people left and right in style and solves any problem easily (kinda like Louie does it with spots).

[close]

Definitely feel like there was some fingerprints on this from Benny. The song in particular.  No offence to Ryan Lee, who I think has become a solid editer in his own right.
Ryan Lee edited that Lola part too. I think he's maybe the disco head?

You're right about the similarities to the Philip Glass 84 Olympics music piece though. Concorde was written specifically as a theme song for the Air France Concorde which was new at the time of the song's release in 75. High profile jingles for forgotten products repurposed for skate parts.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2022, 12:52:29 PM »
That shit was filthy. Both of those last tricks into wallride are mind blowing. How does he make really heavy tech ledge shit look attainable and easy when it's not

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2022, 12:56:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree!

I don't want to be a hater, but I really don't understand the hype about Louie Lopez, in my opinion he rarely comes with a mind-blowing trick and in my opinion he does not brings anything new to the table, everything he does we all already see before some other dude doing it.

The bs flip over the dumpster and some other tricks were kinda cool, but nothing really mind-blowing.
[close]
Liar
[close]

I am not a liar, I just confused the bs flip over the dumpster was from another video from Louie someone posted on this thread.

Maybe the problem is in me because maybe he isn't the kind of skating I really enjoy to watch, once again, I don't want to be a hater, I just don't see the hype. ( SOTY contender, no way in my opinion )
I was fucking with you.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2022, 01:04:42 PM »
Fred Gall SOTY

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2022, 01:46:05 PM »
I'm go out on a limb and say this part, while very good, it was just the tip of what's coming for his soty push.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2022, 01:57:24 PM »
I re-watched and retract my prior statement. I didn't see him duck under the bar before kickflipping that set, missed at trick on the curved ledge, and missed 2 tricks on the ledges AVE used to skate.

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2022, 02:12:23 PM »
Can somebody explain, sorry if this has already been discussed, what the video title refers to? Is it all filmed on the same university campus? Would be one hell of an architecturally diverse and skateable campus...

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2022, 02:20:31 PM »
Can somebody explain, sorry if this has already been discussed, what the video title refers to? Is it all filmed on the same university campus? Would be one hell of an architecturally diverse and skateable campus...
Probably alluding that it's straight A tricks at the campus so it's honor roll. And yes all in one campus in two weeks. Dude just has it like that

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2022, 03:05:29 PM »
If we are splitting hairs many of the tricks are across the street in either direction and not technically on campus but basically yeah.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2022, 03:39:44 PM »
If we are splitting hairs many of the tricks are across the street in either direction and not technically on campus but basically yeah.

i was gonna say, he damn near filmed a whole part at usc. haven’t been back in years but looks like a lot of new goods there.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2022, 03:48:05 PM »
since no one has said it yet

Louie has an excellent pop shuvit

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2022, 01:00:25 AM »
Would have liked to see more roll-away on certain clips, that’s my only critique. Skating was unfuckwitable. Though I could see what people are saying about the clips seeming like warm ups or just a glimpse of what’s to come which is a good thing. And two weeks?! Come on.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2022, 05:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree!

[close]
Liar
[close]

Yeah you are somehow right - but not many human beings on planet earth doing it as good looking, clean and fast then LL.
Nothing in that part was wack - everything was stylish.
Ok not much super mega impressive NBD or Bangers.
But I prefer a fast and clean, stylish line with classics before everything else.

For me he is the new generation Kenny Anderson, stylish & tech & fast & good looking on the board.

And please keep in mind this is 3 min "throwaway" footage for a Wheel sponsor filmed in 2 weeks skating
at the USC campus.
Best tricks will be stacked or FA / Converse later this year.

I enjoy it - and really woud like to skate USC like this.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2022, 05:53:40 AM »
Sorry for this hot take, but I reckon this guy is a good skateboarder!

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2022, 07:12:24 AM »
8/8? Louie Lopez is a nazi and the industry loves him for it!!!!

moshandwallies

• Rep: -4
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2022, 09:45:31 AM »
i'm not gonna say anything about the skating but i have a question about the filming, why is everything filmed with the shutter speed at like 60?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2022, 12:33:20 PM »

Don’t give SR ACF ideas for new threads

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2022, 01:06:51 PM »
8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture, so maybe the industry loves Lou and that’s all??

This was a great part. I like the song, but I don’t think it fits his skating. Maybe someone more sporadic or unpredictable...

Pros: He’s so smooth! It’s unreal. The opening line was too good and his switch back heel was perfect. The way his feet didn’t seem to adjust on the last casual wallride he threw during the credits, sheesh!

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2022, 01:33:37 PM »

Everything was filmed in or around USC. Half of the spots are actually across the street at the museum complex so not *technically* USC but thats a pretty minor nit to pick.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2022, 02:55:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don’t give SR ACF ideas for new threads

when I see threads chains like that im always reminded of Tracer

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -321
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2022, 04:56:31 AM »
Bumping this because I was hiking in the woods for the last week. Louie’s talent is so far beyond anybody else on the FA/Hockey squad it’s almost embarrassing. He makes everyone else seem very lackluster. Except for like Vincent Touzery.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2022, 06:12:45 AM »
Bumping this because I was hiking in the woods for the last week. Louie’s talent is so far beyond anybody else on the FA/Hockey squad it’s almost embarrassing. He makes everyone else seem very lackluster. Except for like Vincent Touzery.

in terms of sheer difficulty elijah is also in a very high tier. unfortunately for him, he's also him.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2022, 06:25:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

in terms of sheer difficulty elijah is also in a very high tier. unfortunately for him, he's also him.
Elijah is like Jeff Lynne. He’s talented and made some songs but he’s just trying to sound like the Beatles who did it better.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2022, 09:19:39 AM »

i'm not really disagreeing here, i just don't know how poeple see vincent touzery in the same tier as a ll/ishod. like he's really good, but i'll just say it, just doesn't have that athleticism and easyness that louie and ishod have. touz looks to me like he really works for his tricks(which to me is a good thing).

you are totally entitled to your opinion of course, i'm not even really disagreeing. i always thought touz is well liked for the overall package. good fits, good trick selection, ok style(don't like the hunchback thing personally but it's still ok), skates in french, etc... never saw him in that so talented it's not even funny realm.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2022, 10:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Elijah is like Jeff Lynne. He’s talented and made some songs but he’s just trying to sound like the Beatles who did it better.
Needs to be more Badfinger
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2022, 02:00:54 PM »
Guess it’s the start of soty season

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -321
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2022, 02:16:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i'm not really disagreeing here, i just don't know how poeple see vincent touzery in the same tier as a ll/ishod. like he's really good, but i'll just say it, just doesn't have that athleticism and easyness that louie and ishod have. touz looks to me like he really works for his tricks(which to me is a good thing).

you are totally entitled to your opinion of course, i'm not even really disagreeing. i always thought touz is well liked for the overall package. good fits, good trick selection, ok style(don't like the hunchback thing personally but it's still ok), skates in french, etc... never saw him in that so talented it's not even funny realm.

Vincent just seems like a traditionally good skater, which I really like. No flashy or zany tricks or fits, just good tricks performed with excellent style. I wouldn’t put him in the same realm of skill as LL or Ishod but his style and trick selection is top tier. There are some other good skaters on the squad but like 75% of them are too cool or too gimmicky or both. Louie just skates circles around the rest of them and it’s painfully obvious.