Author Topic: Are footprint insoles worth it?  (Read 8955 times)

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: Are footprint insoles worth it?
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2024, 01:30:55 AM »
kingfoams are worth it in my opinion, all the other FP options are subpar.

i've heard good things about superfeet on here tho.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2024, 02:15:18 AM »
The Etnies STI insole is a dense but squishy PU insole. Quite comfortable and they do work well to dampen impact. I've used them in Dunks, other Soletech shoes, some NB#, and 1 pair of Vans. They work better in cupsoles with thin or no midsoles but I can see them working well in some vulcs, too.

Not sure how the Es ones are since the pattern under the insole is different from Etnies and is reminiscent of those weird insoles from when they thinned out the Dunks.  The Emerica G6 insoles are good, too. They seem slightly thinner than Etnies ones but get the job done for most that I've seen use them.

State insoles are some of my favorites. It's like the STI etnies but denser and slightly thicker. Feels more protective but squishy enough to give you board feel still

Too bad State is done. I need to find out how we can source those insoles. Anyone got an old State shoe box so we can try and trace down a product number to a factory? Someone here did that with LRAB and found the actual factory they were being produced

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2024, 08:28:42 AM »
Today I tried FP gamechangers in Etnies Joslin's
Might be a bit overkill. A lot of protection and no feet pain after 4 hours of skating. But it lacks a bit of board feel, will try the Gamechangers low next session.
IG: @flowterspace

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 31
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2024, 09:30:09 AM »
Might be a bit overkill. A lot of protection and no feet pain after 4 hours of skating. But it lacks a bit of board feel, will try the Gamechangers low next session.

Do you know if using gamechangers in vulcanized shoes really changes anything ?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2024, 10:19:19 AM »
Sorry I haven't tried the Gamechangers in any vulc shoes yet. But I think, the FP insole is a bit more stiffer and offers more protection as most stock insoles. Plus that individual arch support felt good today.

I am sure some pals here run the gamechangers in vulc shoes. Maybe they can chime in?

FrenchSkater

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2024, 11:16:00 AM »
And does anyone know the difference between FP king foam elite and FP game changers ? I know game changers are a little more expensive but are they better ? I'm a little lost in choosing these insoles.. And of course I would really like to know if these insoles work and protect often. I read some negative comments saying that the insoles made the pain worse.

Coffee

• Rep: 46
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2024, 12:40:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Despite me not having luck with them my brother wears some of the last MJ Lakai vulcs that where super thin with gamechangers as his daily shoe and swears by them.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 90
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2024, 12:47:35 PM »
And does anyone know the difference between FP king foam elite and FP game changers ? I know game changers are a little more expensive but are they better ? I'm a little lost in choosing these insoles.. And of course I would really like to know if these insoles work and protect often. I read some negative comments saying that the insoles made the pain worse.
Game changers are designed as orthotic/arch support insoles while the kingfoam elite is designed entirely for impact protection.

Can he read

« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2024, 01:52:12 PM »
Currently on day 3 of just walking around on the new kingfoam 6mm insoles I just put in my shoes. I tried some out a couple years ago but wasn’t impressed. These are an entirely different material feeling more rubbery and squishy compared to the ones prior that were more of a fabric with stitching along the outside. Gotta say they’re pretty damn comfy compared to the shitty stock adidas insoles I had in my everyday shoes. I’ll be testing them out tomorrow for skating so I’ll report back here and let you guys know if it makes a difference in my post session soreness.

They didn’t seem to make a difference in post session feet pain. They felt good pushing around, definitely more cushy than the stock adidas insoles. I’m thinking after a couple of months I’ll see a difference since a lot of the soreness I experience is likely due to previous strains. It’s kinda worth the $30 just to feel more comfy while skating though, imo.

FrenchSkater

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2024, 01:59:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Game changers are designed as orthotic/arch support insoles while the kingfoam elite is designed entirely for impact protection.

I already had orthopedic insoles six months ago prescribed by a podiatrist specializing in sports, but I didn't like the comfort, but I admit that yes there is additional protection, I felt like I had less control and pop on my tricks, but like I said, it wasn't comfortable. I got used to it but when I put the original insoles back in my shoes, it seemed much more comfortable and pleasant, except perhaps less protection.. So I guess the kingfoam elite would be better for me ?

My back and heels are very sensitive. For example, I can no longer use vulcanized shoes.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2024, 02:26:00 PM »
I guess every little bit of shock absorption helps when you're taking big impacts. But part of me can't believe that shoe companies have got us buying aftermarket enhancements for a damn pair of shoes. Especially shoe companies that tout their "technology."

Banned from the room

« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2024, 10:07:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

def does. i wouldnt recomend with pop cush. zoom ALL day. I fucking Need the fp when i zoom. im never doing nike again tho so...

rikki

• Rep: 318
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2024, 11:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One of my homies (a really good skater) swears by Gamechangers in vulcs. He's a vulc-only guy and refuses to skate without Gamechangers. Says his feet would be totally wrecked without them.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
  • sup dog
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2024, 10:26:00 AM »
Is gamechangers the one where you bake in oven? Or the ones wear the heel cup molds to your foot after a few days?

I got the kingfoam elite highs in the Joslins. Almost a 1:1 match with the stock insole (just a little less arch support that the stock insoles have).

I got the oven bake ones and I hated them. They did not compare to the all green squish at all.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2024, 12:54:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is gamechangers the one where you bake in oven? Or the ones wear the heel cup molds to your foot after a few days?

I got the kingfoam elite highs in the Joslins. Almost a 1:1 match with the stock insole (just a little less arch support that the stock insoles have).

I got the oven bake ones and I hated them. They did not compare to the all green squish at all.

Yeah gamechangers are the ones, that you put in the oven. I have plantar fasciitis, but mostly only on my left foot. So I needed that custom arch support, because my feet are both very different.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2024, 11:14:54 AM »
I guess every little bit of shock absorption helps when you're taking big impacts. But part of me can't believe that shoe companies have got us buying aftermarket enhancements for a damn pair of shoes. Especially shoe companies that tout their "technology."

100%
How much for an order of ribs?

ARealWombat

• Rep: 4
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2024, 07:37:38 PM »
Just an update - I will not be buying these again. Got the Gamechanger Elite.

My expectations were low and they were confirmed. Overpriced, over marketed, just saturated buzz words. These are just cheap chinese gel insoles they're selling for a huge upcharge. Even their packaging is crap.

Should have known better but I think enough people fell for the kool aid and placebo effect for me to take a shot.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2024, 01:58:29 PM »
I think I’d like to figure out why there are three websites with the same product:

FP-insoles.com
Footprintinsoles.com
FpFootwear.com

Fpfootwear.com has a disclaimer at top: “all new insole models only available here”

FP-insoles.com has 50% off the entire store

Footprintinsoles.com looks like 80% similar to FP-insoles.com, but doesn’t have store wide 50% off.

And that’s not to even to mention concrete-visionary.com, which used to be the ONLY way to buy FP online, but now it just seems to be a major vendor of FP now and offer other health and body related products.

Combine all this with that it’s difficult to find in store products, this really good product I’m not finding an easy way to buy these things and trust that it’s the real deal.

I must have gotten lucky with the pair I have (kingfoam elite Hi) because they are great… but I don’t know what I’m going to do if the tops ever wear away….. might have to quit skating.

Edit:
Well there we go:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 02:53:38 PM by JM »

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2024, 03:13:18 PM »
Don’t do the 50% off apparently.

kitcatski

• Rep: 6
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2024, 07:19:59 PM »
I think this has something to do with a company called Inventel.. if you look at that counterfeit page on the "fake" fp-insoles site it mentions that "Inventel LLC has no tolerance for counterfeiting".

If you Google Inventel it looks to be a company that is supposed to help other companies with marketing and scaling their products. They have some bad Google reviews that claim that they "take successful products and try to rip of their customers with a downgraded version and cut the price in half". This seems to be in line with what's happening to the fp-insoles site..

There also looks to be a court case that was recently opened by Inventel against FP insoles https://dockets.justia.com/docket/new-jersey/njdce/2:2024cv00861/540390

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2024, 08:18:48 PM »
I think this has something to do with a company called Inventel.. if you look at that counterfeit page on the "fake" fp-insoles site it mentions that "Inventel LLC has no tolerance for counterfeiting".

If you Google Inventel it looks to be a company that is supposed to help other companies with marketing and scaling their products. They have some bad Google reviews that claim that they "take successful products and try to rip of their customers with a downgraded version and cut the price in half". This seems to be in line with what's happening to the fp-insoles site..

There also looks to be a court case that was recently opened by Inventel against FP insoles https://dockets.justia.com/docket/new-jersey/njdce/2:2024cv00861/540390
Thank you. I look forward to following this.

That anti-counterfeit statement on the “fake” site really seemed kind of fishy.  Especially with the sudden 50% off when it was 30% last week.

And then with the “real” site saying “the new insoles can only be purchased here”… it just further messed with my head thinking: “so which website has the fake knockoffs?”

And. Furthermore: the only shoes you can buy on the “real” site are the Desenczo DG3’s in blue? Is there really no stock at all left of ANY of the other FP shoes??

Something’s up.

Check the bottom of your FP Intercepts: something’s smelly.

What if… what if this Inventel owns the proprietary insole formula used in NASA, etc. and JB owes them big money for the product. And now they had to resort to liquidating whatever stock they could in a fire-sale to recoup losses?

Or what if, all the remaining stock JB owes money on, and the company that produced it has to resort to stealing a website to sell off whatever they can to get recouped.

:o

Ignoring those conspiracy theories, I’m very interested to see where this ends up. And I really hope it’s not what I just dreamt up, because I’d really like to hear something positive these days…

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2024, 08:27:30 PM »
To be honest I'd rather buy insoles from the mafia than Joey Brezinski.

CronsX

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2024, 09:14:58 PM »
Nearly 5 Pages full of people asking if Joey Brezinski, widely known as one of the heaviest impact skateboarding guys, really invented the best aftermarket insoles.
Can't make that shit up.

Get some medicinical or ahtletic company insoles.
As if that isn't obvious.
Or get scammed from Joey with his 10$ Amazon insoles with new branding.
Your choice i guess.

kitcatski

• Rep: 6
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2024, 05:47:07 AM »
 JB gave me the nod

rikki

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2024, 05:50:01 AM »
Nearly 5 Pages full of people asking if Joey Brezinski, widely known as one of the heaviest impact skateboarding guys, really invented the best aftermarket insoles.
Can't make that shit up.

Your choice i guess.

Link to $10 Amazon insoles?

CronsX

« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2024, 06:13:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Can't make that shit up.

Your choice i guess.
[close]

Nah, it's fine. I think i mixed that up, guess it was Ali Baba.  ::)
Anyways, if you really wanna believe that some washed up wheelie skater makes the best impact- and arch- support insoles in the game, even better than athletic sports companies or doctors, i wont interfere.
You do you  :)

rikki

« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2024, 06:23:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can't make that shit up.

Your choice i guess.
[close]

[close]

Nah, it's fine. I think i mixed that up, guess it was Ali Baba.  ::)
Anyways, if you really wanna believe that some washed up wheelie skater makes the best impact- and arch- support insoles in the game, even better than athletic sports companies or doctors, i wont interfere.
You do you  :)

I didn't say anything about believing this or that, I'm just interested in finding non-branded cheap insoles that are supposedly the same as the FP ones, if they exist. Will gladly buy similar stuff for a cheaper price.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 06:32:11 AM by rikki »

ish_wav

• Rep: 101
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2024, 06:26:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That anti-counterfeit statement on the “fake” site really seemed kind of fishy.  Especially with the sudden 50% off when it was 30% last week.

And then with the “real” site saying “the new insoles can only be purchased here”… it just further messed with my head thinking: “so which website has the fake knockoffs?”

And. Furthermore: the only shoes you can buy on the “real” site are the Desenczo DG3’s in blue? Is there really no stock at all left of ANY of the other FP shoes??

Something’s up.

What if… what if this Inventel owns the proprietary insole formula used in NASA, etc. and JB owes them big money for the product. And now they had to resort to liquidating whatever stock they could in a fire-sale to recoup losses?

Or what if, all the remaining stock JB owes money on, and the company that produced it has to resort to stealing a website to sell off whatever they can to get recouped.

Ignoring those conspiracy theories, I’m very interested to see where this ends up. And I really hope it’s not what I just dreamt up, because I’d really like to hear something positive these days…

This is pretty interesting considering I had made a post that recent stock of FP were extremely low quality cheap foam compared to their previous products.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 7
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2024, 06:36:17 AM »
I like the kingfoam elite 5mm heel 3mm forefoot.

Great replacement for Jordan 1 insoles.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2024, 06:48:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Something’s up.

[close]

This is pretty interesting considering I had made a post that recent stock of FP were extremely low quality cheap foam compared to their previous products.
Indeed.

I don’t know what to believe anymore, and they’re not making it easy to figure out.