Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 276460 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2022, 02:15:42 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 619
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2022, 02:28:19 AM »
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2015/07/29/race-religion-skateboarding-with-beatrice-domond/

Sometimes I’ve seen anti-religious graphics, and there was a thing in The Skateboard Mag a few years ago about skaters who didn’t want any religious influence in skating…
First of all, I’m not religious. I’m a follower of Christ.

What is the difference between those two things?
In religion, you don’t love certain people. In order for me to be in a certain religion, I’d have to exclude a certain group. That’s not what I do. I don’t exclude anyone or dislike anyone, to make that clear. I love all people. Christ loved all people. I hope this is coming across well. I don’t want it coming across weird.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2022, 04:09:25 AM »
American Protestants have the strangest views about religion and they think they apply universally to every faith.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2022, 04:21:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does she get a free pass for faking the fire hydrant ollie?
[close]

Wait what happened?
[close]

I won't post it since there's not a consensus on the ethics of this matter. For example, Aaron Snyder argued that a mag photo is a "representation" of a trick (i.e., it's ok to print the bail if you made the trick). Also, for stills, it is sometimes difficult to tell which one was the make, so they print the one with the best composition.

But in this case, there is no way she made it when the photo was taken, though it could have been landed before or after. And the photographer started shooting and working the angles after she clearly was not going to land it. There's also a 20 minute youtube video discussing the cover with no video footage of the trick.
[close]
If it’s the juice cover they might have picked one with a wrong posture (one could argue it’s a bail)
Poor choice from the photograph I guess.
But prints have not been the makes for decades.
It’s no problem if you landed it at some point.
It’s not « faking it ». It’s just how it’s done
[close]

I watched the whole thing from across the street. At the time it was shot, I see no way she could ever have made it (even if you subscribe to the "representation" excuse, is it still ok if the trick was landed at a later time?). Approach was too slow, she didn't use the bump, and was ollieing in front of and to the side of the hydrant. When I saw the photographer shooting instead of waiting for her to get close to landing, I knew it was a fraud. Thrasher once had a section for this.
[close]

well i don't know what's her ethics and if she really landed it but i'll give her the benefit of the doubt because the whole industry subscribe to what you call the representation excuse. that's just how you take skateboarding photos (countless instances of skaters being dressed different on footage and on photo).

what Chavo is trying to say is; it's not just that the photo was not the make, but that the used photo was not the trick at all, like posing still on a ledge type of deal.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2022, 05:03:31 AM »
Yeah i hear you
i just wanted to point out that sometimes you shoot photos on a day there was no make. and come back another day to film (or vice versa).
In her defense, at this point there's just no proof she's faking it

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2022, 05:17:57 AM »
Yeah i hear you
i just wanted to point out that sometimes you shoot photos on a day there was no make. and come back another day to film (or vice versa).
I'm not even against photos not being makes, as long as it's not total BS. The few times went out with people shooting I saw often if say the trick takes 30 tries the photog just shoots tries 5-15 and was like "yep got it now just land it"
but in this specific case I think the problem is that they aren't even over the hydrant. It's not a case of the photographer already got a good shot before the actual make.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 06:21:19 AM by Mean salto »

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2022, 06:13:23 AM »
Yeah i hear you

Judging from what that guy in person it's not that there's no proof she's faking it it's that there's no proof she landed it

Johnny $witchblade

« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2022, 06:21:24 AM »
Can't wait for her pro part set to some edgy  white supremacist grindcore or whatever. I mean Legion of Doom may be sus humans but can't argue with those riffs, and if you can't separate the art from the artist you're just a kook.

You're still on this shit dude? Nobody cares.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2022, 06:24:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah i hear you
[close]

Judging from what that guy in person it's not that there's no proof she's faking it it's that there's no proof she landed it

come on he was straight on "she's faking it"
absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Viktor Tsoi

• Rep: -32
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2022, 06:59:42 AM »
She’s a trash skater and a cringe social influencer type but I really dont care who gives her a board or shoes or whatever  . Good for her that’s dope

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2022, 07:02:58 AM »
is this like when Tom Green went pro for Birdhouse?
Free Charlie Rambo

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2022, 08:48:57 AM »
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2015/07/29/race-religion-skateboarding-with-beatrice-domond/

Expand Quote
Sometimes I’ve seen anti-religious graphics, and there was a thing in The Skateboard Mag a few years ago about skaters who didn’t want any religious influence in skating…

In religion, you don’t love certain people. In order for me to be in a certain religion, I’d have to exclude a certain group. That’s not what I do. I don’t exclude anyone or dislike anyone, to make that clear. I love all people. Christ loved all people. I hope this is coming across well. I don’t want it coming across weird.
[close]

This is some Jordan Peterson shit
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2022, 09:06:04 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

not really lol

dannyprovolone

« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2022, 09:43:38 AM »

No he was already famous and that was well after his mtv show/movie

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2022, 10:08:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No he was already famous and that was well after his mtv show/movie

If Beatrice goes pro can I put my bum bum on Dill?

nothing's been the since same

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 10
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2022, 11:04:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah i hear you
[close]
I'm not even against photos not being makes, as long as it's not total BS. The few times went out with people shooting I saw often if say the trick takes 30 tries the photog just shoots tries 5-15 and was like "yep got it now just land it"
but in this specific case I think the problem is that they aren't even over the hydrant. It's not a case of the photographer already got a good shot before the actual make.

Don´t forget that Bs noseblunt on a hubba by nick dompierre that landed in a TWS COVER
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

texascybergothic

• Rep: 80
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2022, 11:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

It's actually damn near the complete opposite, but go off I guess.

work_lurker

• Rep: 70
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2022, 11:37:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah i hear you
[close]
[close]

Don´t forget that Bs noseblunt on a hubba by nick dompierre that landed in a TWS COVER

That BS noseblunt immediately came to mind. No doubt Nick could have done it, he also kickflip crooked the hubba the same day which was either the contents spread, or an ad in the same issue I think. Regardless, running a cover of a non-make is still ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhish. Definitely not the only one to do it, just a memorable one in semi-recent times.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2022, 12:04:39 PM »
Can't wait for her pro part set to some edgy  white supremacist grindcore or whatever. I mean Legion of Doom may be sus humans but can't argue with those riffs, and if you can't separate the art from the artist you're just a kook.

its impossible for nazis to grind. even Seth was not actually a white supremacist. he was playing a character so he could do violence and get famous.

Grindcore is against bigotry and against state violence.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2022, 01:03:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah i hear you
[close]

[close]

In this modern era, it is often the case.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but this is what I saw:

Johnny $witchblade

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2022, 01:37:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah i hear you
[close]

[close]

[close]

In this modern era, it is often the case.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but this is what I saw:

If this was Sean Pablo or someone else they hate they would believe it so fast. But yeah certain folks can do no wrong.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2022, 03:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

its impossible for nazis to grind. even Seth was not actually a white supremacist. he was playing a character so he could do violence and get famous.

bro seth putnam was 1000% a bigot (i say this as someone who saw A.C. in high school)

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2022, 03:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah i hear you
[close]
[close]

Same with Tom penny with that front Blunt

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2022, 08:32:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah i hear you
[close]
[close]

[close]

Same with Tom penny with that front Blunt

"Tom Penny haunts me in my sleep"
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2022, 10:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

bro seth putnam was 1000% a bigot (i say this as someone who saw A.C. in high school)

im in no way defending Seth. i know most all of that circle of old heads. Its a juvenal game to be the most shocking. They think its funny.

Bad Josh is the bigot. Scott is a cop. Seth was a masshole junkie. That one 7in is a masterpiece. Genius shit. Sore Throat is better tho. Way way better.

There is one legit nazi in Noisecore that i know of. He does Nihilist Commando or something like that. He uses his music to promote and fund hate groups. Probably brings in 10s of cents a year.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2022, 07:56:58 AM »
Jesus.  5 pages off of an unsubstantiated rumor.  Slap never changes.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2022, 08:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote
I think she’s Jewish
[close]

Jews for Jesus? *larry david voice*

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2022, 08:37:00 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]
this is like some weird shit that a megachurch youth pastor would say

"On God, being religious is SO mid. But following Christ? No cap, that's litty af."

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2022, 01:56:05 PM »
Jesus.  5 pages off of an unsubstantiated rumor.  Slap never changes.

you must have missed the part when shop people said her pro board is pre booked

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2022, 05:08:55 PM »
Why would anyone object to a young Black woman, who clearly has a genuine love for skateboarding, being given a pro deck by the highly successful company for which she has been a longtime rider?

Get shit to do.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"