Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 275224 times)

caked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2022, 10:50:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any women here to offer their opinion.

Lots of dudes telling a black woman what she should do lol.  Let her skate.
[close]

woman here. for me personally, Beatrice is eclipsed by several other skaters: Samarria Brevard, Ariana Spencer, Adrianne Sloboh, Arin. I don't follow her skating for a reason, it just hasn't entranced me. It also seems like she's trying to do some modeling as well and that rubs me the wrong way. I personally hate the whole trend of pro skaters being models on the side. Seems whack but I'm aware that I love to be judgmental.

I think it's great that Beatrice is potentially going pro but I also don't care either way. She's not really on my radar and that's okay. I don't follow the FA team nor does the brand really attract me, so it's whatever.

I can't really comment on the social/cultural magnitude of Beatrice potentially becoming pro - I am a woman, but I'm white so my privilege affords some bias. I assume and hope that there are younger black skaters that are STOKED on this news. That is a win no matter the circumstances. Giving the BIPOC women skate scene more representation, more visibility, is absolutely a net positive for the community.

As an aside - there are a few women skaters that I am anxiously awaiting becoming pro for their board sponsors: Nicole Hause, Andrea Benitez, Jenn Soto, Candy Jacobs to name a few.

More women pros pls. I want to buy their boards lmao
[close]

Sloboh I was trying think of her as someone more deserving than Beatrice. Does she not have Insta? All the tags meow puts on don’t lead anywhere. Also sheena (some one posted her killing a diy and has style) both more deserving and people of color.

Adrianne has insta - @adrianne.sloboh but she doesn't post that frequently. She fuckin rips though and she makes it look effortless. Bummed she's skating for Cariuma but she's way too fun to watch for it to bother me.

Never heard of Sheena, where can I find them?

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2022, 10:58:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

woman here. for me personally, Beatrice is eclipsed by several other skaters: Samarria Brevard, Ariana Spencer, Adrianne Sloboh, Arin. I don't follow her skating for a reason, it just hasn't entranced me. It also seems like she's trying to do some modeling as well and that rubs me the wrong way. I personally hate the whole trend of pro skaters being models on the side. Seems whack but I'm aware that I love to be judgmental.

I think it's great that Beatrice is potentially going pro but I also don't care either way. She's not really on my radar and that's okay. I don't follow the FA team nor does the brand really attract me, so it's whatever.

I can't really comment on the social/cultural magnitude of Beatrice potentially becoming pro - I am a woman, but I'm white so my privilege affords some bias. I assume and hope that there are younger black skaters that are STOKED on this news. That is a win no matter the circumstances. Giving the BIPOC women skate scene more representation, more visibility, is absolutely a net positive for the community.

As an aside - there are a few women skaters that I am anxiously awaiting becoming pro for their board sponsors: Nicole Hause, Andrea Benitez, Jenn Soto, Candy Jacobs to name a few.

Another woman here. Agree with you 100%. So many other female rippers who deserve more but not gonna hate. Good for her I guess. Not stoked on her skating much, I keep wanting to say go faster when I watch clips. As long as she doesn’t boardslide like Taylor Silverman.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2022, 11:18:18 AM »
Dill constantly finds and promotes riders that sell to 15 year old kids of which I am not one.

When do you turn 15? We'll throw you a birthday party.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2022, 11:27:06 AM »
“Professional skateboarding is just like what everyone else is doing, skateboarding.”

Heath Kerkart Rolling Thunder

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2022, 11:29:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Another woman here. Agree with you 100%. So many other female rippers who deserve more but not gonna hate. Good for her I guess. Not stoked on her skating much, I keep wanting to say go faster when I watch clips. As long as she doesn’t boardslide like Taylor Silverman.
it kinda blows my mind that jenn soto still isn't pro. she's pretty sick. maybe because she hasn't been totally killing it in contests, but also hasn't really put out a ton of street footage? idk, but i like watching her skate.

as for beatrice, i think she basically sucks, but since when has that ever mattered? i guess everyone who's mad about her potentially going pro must be new to skateboarding? y'all have a lot to learn. it's never been about "skill," as if that's something that can be objectively measured

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2022, 11:30:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Sloboh I was trying think of her as someone more deserving than Beatrice. Does she not have Insta? All the tags meow puts on don’t lead anywhere. Also sheena (some one posted her killing a diy and has style) both more deserving and people of color.
[close]

Adrianne has insta - @adrianne.sloboh but she doesn't post that frequently. She fuckin rips though and she makes it look effortless. Bummed she's skating for Cariuma but she's way too fun to watch for it to bother me.

Never heard of Sheena, where can I find them?

In Insta  is @anotherferal the last clip with the nose bonk shuv is sick and the diy spot clips

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2022, 12:38:50 PM »
I hope she drops a sick part with this pro board and shuts everyone up. even if its filled with tons of 50-50 fs shoves

she is out there promoting skateboarding , trying to live the life of a skateboarder, and there was people in her life who saw that and choose to help push her forward. Who cares if her skill level isn't up the degree that people's standards have been conditioned too, if people want her around , to be skating at the session, trying her best, trying to learn new shit and to become a better skateboarder, that to me , seems like its the way it should be.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2022, 01:01:38 PM »
I hope she drops a sick part with this pro board and shuts everyone up. even if its filled with tons of 50-50 fs shoves

she is out there promoting skateboarding , trying to live the life of a skateboarder, and there was people in her life who saw that and choose to help push her forward. Who cares if her skill level isn't up the degree that people's standards have been conditioned too, if people want her around , to be skating at the session, trying her best, trying to learn new shit and to become a better skateboarder, that to me , seems like its the way it should be.

You just described Lil Wayne brief presence in skating.

Anyway, looking into Beatrice more, was surprised that she’s 27 (assumed she was 20 max) and thought it was pretty cool to learn she a part of the growing list of skaters with college diplomas.   

dannyprovolone

« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2022, 01:04:04 PM »
imagine if you were made from wax and had to turn someone pro

cky enthusiast

« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2022, 01:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote
I bring up her race because, in America, Black women are one of the most discriminated against groups of people (as I understand it, just a couple spots less-discriminated against than disabled lesbian/queer/trans Black women).

So when a Black woman finds success in her chosen field in this country, it makes sense to celebrate it rather than discount it.

Especially when, by all accounts, said Black woman seems to be genuine, loyal and a positive force in the community.
[close]

Are you a part of the community that she is?

he is a white southern californian who has never lived within 5 miles of a person of color

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2022, 01:15:12 PM »
I dont understand. Why would fa make a different black woman pro before Beatrice. She's been on for 7 years. People would buy her board. Don't understand why other people being better has to do with anything. It's a board company that sells skateboards.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2022, 01:36:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You just described Lil Wayne brief presence in skating.

Anyway, looking into Beatrice more, was surprised that she’s 27 (assumed she was 20 max) and thought it was pretty cool to learn she a part of the growing list of skaters with college diplomas.   

lil Wayne had a giant career and following before he started putting out skate stuff. Beatrice was an unknown person. Kind of different having someone unknown hanging skating on the sesh then one of the biggest rappers in the world

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2022, 03:02:25 PM »
she just doesn’t skate well

everything she does is slow and clunky.
and like everyone here has said, she hasn’t progressed at all.

there’s no other issues here - that’s it. she skates bad

No man. You just want her to starve cause you're racist.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2022, 04:17:08 PM »
He's my 2 cents, not that it matters.

To be honest i'd respect Dill a whole lot more if he had the balls to turn her pro back in 2016 when she had the same level of skill... not 6/7 years later now she's amassed herself 80k followers and he can comfortably make more than enough profit on boards with her name on.

I'm not as big a fan of her skating nowadays, but credit where it's due. She took the leap to not get a boring ass normal job and makes enough money being herself and having fun. Turning pro for FA wasn't her thought, she just said yes, like a lot of us would. Same with the Vans shoes I'd guess too.

Exploitative from FA? Yeah I guess so, but you could make that argument for a lot of the skate industry.

Anyway I remember being stoked when she dropped this footage, I just wish she'd taken her stuff to the next level. ah well:

LebowskisRug

« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2022, 04:19:22 PM »

You just described what an influencer is sponsored to do.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2022, 04:30:55 PM »

Whoa, she was actually ripping in this.  So I guess the next question is.. has anyone else turned pro 5 years after their peak, when their skating has objectively and significantly degraded?  Of course, I’ll eat my words if she drops something near this level.

Sterilizeurslf

• Rep: -17
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2022, 02:36:36 AM »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2022, 04:26:24 AM »
imagine if you were made from wax and had to turn someone pro
mfw

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2022, 09:34:37 AM »

Want a pillow for that dream? The truth is she isn’t very good at all and I find it hard to believe that anyone on here actually enjoys her footage let alone would ever watch a part of hers more than once.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2022, 09:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Want a pillow for that dream? The truth is she isn’t very good at all and I find it hard to believe that anyone on here actually enjoys her footage let alone would ever watch a part of hers more than once.

What are your top 3 fave female skaters/video parts?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2022, 10:33:29 AM »
Maybe it's just me but I feel like Beatrice's clips were better during her Huf days? I honestly feel like her bag of tricks has regressed over the past 6ish years. Hope she goes pro though, it can really only be a good thing for skating. Many people far less deserving than her have gotten their name on a board.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Patrick2G

« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2022, 11:04:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Marissa Dal Santo - strange world

Rayssa Leal - no formal part to note

Samaria Brevard - can’t remember a part

Can’t leave out Lizzie Armanto  - I forget the name of the thrasher part she came out with.

Those are only 4 , I like a lot of the ladies out there. Impressive skating is impressive skating. Can’t wait for Rayssa to film a full street part. Let’s just all be honest as to what’s impressive and what’s not.

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2022, 11:10:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Can’t leave out Lizzie Armanto  - I forget the name of the thrasher part she came out with.

Those are only 4 , I like a lot of the ladies out there. Impressive skating is impressive skating. Can’t wait for Rayssa to film a full street part. Let’s just all be honest as to what’s impressive and what’s not.

Something about this post is so funny, for all the wrong reasons.
The pant situation is out of control at this point

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2022, 11:39:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

no mention of Alexis is kinda wild but to each their own
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Patrick2G

« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2022, 11:51:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
no mention of Alexis is kinda wild but to each their own

Ooohhh how could I forget! Yes, for sure Alexis. That heel flip over the street she did was amazing. Of course other tricks but that one stands out to me.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2022, 01:58:56 PM »
Just a reminder that Elissa Steamer exists too
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

doublesteveburger

« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2022, 02:06:18 PM »
pat at least take a breath to do two minutes of research before posting jesus man the entire world is at your cheetoh dusted finger tips we believe in you

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2022, 03:39:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Worth a rewatch

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2022, 03:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

After seeing this, I had to watch Marissa! Love that part so much!
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2022, 03:44:26 PM »

If some of you have never seen it
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco