Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 280953 times)

Banned from the room

Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #3330 on: September 27, 2023, 11:22:11 AM »
I dislike a lot of this. Tho I love this thread.

Unfortunately it seems to be doing damage instead of creating drive for all skating.

I watched a video yesterday that told me she's gone private in response to the video drop. This bothers me.
I'm worried about her.. .

My hope here in these threads was that it would cause people to think harder on their own skatebloarding and what they're trying to express with it.

I feel like I was naive to think that way.

The world is farming negative energy to boost capital

I've seen the trend for sometime.

Look at the YouTube video titles. It's nearly always negative because the gas face is popping.

It's been popping since 911

"Jason Park is the worst skater on earth!!! And talks dirty all day and uncle flea loves it " Everyone clicks that shit." Would have been better to me if it said. "Jason Park is riding Ventures. And talking dirty and uncle flea is on bloard to the end"

Divisions sell tickets. It's one of the reason we like this thread so much.

It's where feelings meet the gears of public opinion.

My hope is that Bs friends are holding her hand for this hell ride and she will continue to skate as long and as much as she wants.
She's got to do what she wants to do and not be trying to make mofos happy.

Mofos wanna see her fail and want someone who skates like them take her place.
They subconsciously hold on to the feeling that they would be doing better and the seat was theirs.

If this was the 411 era or the print era. Anytime other than the PRODUCE CONTENT! So it can be forgotten 2 days later era.

That's all footage but Bs footage. No one would give a fuck. We all say she's doing fine and ignore her.

I still believe in B yo. I can see her switch flipping rn when I close my eyes. I know everything is possible.

It just has to be handled right.

I Wish I was a filmer. I'd bring out the best in everyone. I'd go super Saiyan trying to do so.

Maybe Dill is farming negative energy because he ran out of baby blood to boof and democrats won't share.

Now that would get some views.

See the FA team storm the capital hoping to cuckflip and smoke a blunt switch in the halls of Congress

Billions of views.

Where the fuck is MJ? Let's force MJ and B to film together. Torrey Pudwell is TM of this project. B can balance on flat bars excellent. We saw the go to first t I assume in a line few weeks ago.

B's flat bar journey world tour let's go. I'll get the bags you go remive MJ with the threat of an oak stake through his cold ass heart.

Get Aiden kid in there too. Where the fuck is that new born pit Blue Belt?

I last seen him two stepping off beat during the double slow break down at Dogfest then poof he was gone Leaving a $246 pair of oversized supreme pre-printed patch pants on the dancehall floor.

I assume the worst or perhaps a getup change up..

Not everyone has to be cool here. I think people don't like Bs thing because she's so fucking cool and seems to have options besides pro skater.

I'm still happy for her and I hope she's alright. I hope I don't gotta avenge her Dill.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 11:31:08 AM by Uncle Flea »

Rihannasdirtylaundry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • A poster formerly known as Rafiki
« Reply #3331 on: September 27, 2023, 11:23:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine asking your homie to film a fakie bigflip on flatground. Only time that trick is/was cool was when DD would throw it down big shit. Besides that it's a toddler trick.
[close]

1:55
[close]
Still a no from me dogg. Plus how dare you drop a known racist in the thread, you sicken me!!!!
[close]

Dudes not racist you turd dropping. He’s actually pretty damn funny and had one of the best skate podcasts but stopped doing it.

Tim we need more Pod!
[close]
Sorry you have a hard time with sarcasm, bud. They should teach it in school.
[close]

Sarcasm doesn’t translate to text very well. Sarcasm is usually translated from tone or facial expressions. Surprised they didn’t teach you that in school since you’re so smart school boy.

Edit. Just saw the extra exclamation points you used. Which makes it pretty obvious it’s sarcasm. That’s my bad. I’m sorry. 👉🏼👈
It's okay, I still love you.

Banned from the room

« Reply #3332 on: September 27, 2023, 11:23:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Imagine asking your homie to film a fakie bigflip on flatground. Only time that trick is/was cool was when DD would throw it down big shit. Besides that it's a toddler trick.
[close]

I had a friend who was a bmxer, but the one trick he could do was a half cab flip.   Don’t know if being fairly short helped him out

Should've told him Cab said it's impossible to half cab on a bike.

Banned from the room

« Reply #3333 on: September 27, 2023, 11:32:57 AM »
It's too long to edit. Too many mistakes.

I just wanna send my support to the kid.

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #3334 on: September 27, 2023, 01:12:13 PM »
Glick did that amazing slappy crook to Losi earlier this year in his last foundation part, so the trick in this video was creating a bit of narrative, and so excuses the illegal trick. Would have been so much better if his rail touched like it did on the backside one tho

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #3335 on: September 27, 2023, 02:57:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Still a no from me dogg. Plus how dare you drop a known racist in the thread, you sicken me!!!!
[close]

Dudes not racist you turd dropping. He’s actually pretty damn funny and had one of the best skate podcasts but stopped doing it.

Tim we need more Pod!
[close]
[close]

Sarcasm doesn’t translate to text very well. Sarcasm is usually translated from tone or facial expressions. Surprised they didn’t teach you that in school since you’re so smart school boy.

Edit. Just saw the extra exclamation points you used. Which makes it pretty obvious it’s sarcasm. That’s my bad. I’m sorry. 👉🏼👈

Just saw the exclamation marks too. My bad dude. Just a long day at the ol’ mines. Eyes are getting bad. Excited to get new glasses in January with my benefits plan.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3336 on: September 27, 2023, 03:40:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tim we need more Pod!
[close]
[close]

[close]

Just saw the exclamation marks too. My bad dude. Just a long day at the ol’ mines. Eyes are getting bad. Excited to get new glasses in January with my benefits plan.

Gnarred both y’all cause we  had a misunderstanding and worked it out like some real ones.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #3337 on: September 27, 2023, 07:09:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

That mofo ain't a racist. He's scared of women not black people. That's why he's not alloweded to talk at Mano when the girls is skatebloarding.
All he can do once a woman hits the skate lite is say good God! And he starts ducking incoming invisible whatever hallucinations he sees flying at his head during dingle berries.

Y'all see that one! She's trying to kill me!

I heard that Fabrina Delfino's last trick. The dingle berry on the big bank was her trying to kill O'Connor through psychic warfare.

It's all antifas and Obamas fault.

I have never gnarred (or kooked) Uncle Flea. I have now gnarred Uncle Flea.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #3338 on: September 28, 2023, 12:40:43 AM »
Good god, you guys! Just accept that we, us, an archaic internet message board comprised of skate nerds perpetually mulling over the meaning of skate footage as it relates to all other past, present and future skate footage is not Beatrice's target audience. Frankly, I don't know who her audience is, maybe young female skaters, maybe young, black female skaters, maybe young, black, east coast female skaters? In any case, it exists and it's not us. There are skaters hyped on this, even if you can't understand it. Pulling out your trusty street skating measuring stick is useless and embarrassing. It's not some great travesty that there's interest in her skating. Maybe the most interesting thing about it is how much anger it stirs in you. Let her do her thing for the people who are into it, and she can hopefully find herself a black woman making some money in the skate industry. A rare, if not totally unprecedented, occurrence. The other 95% of the industry abides by the traditional standards you so crave. You've pretty much got the whole place to yourself, go nuts! Can't we just leave this woman alone?

This is well put and I was with you (as in I accept not being the target audience, and I accept being out of touch, considering my age) until that bit about "black woman making money in the skate industry". This American obsession with identity is profoundly unhealthy IMO and it's being exported everywhere through english-speaking media, which honestly worries me. To put it succintly, it amounts to judging people for who they are, not what they do. Does everyone need to be "represented"? Do we now need a native american woman pro skater too? should we frown upon any white male turning pro, because there are too many of them already?
I guess my being French may have something to do with me having a hard time to understand this way of thinking. For context, it's plain illegal in France to ask someone to specify their ethnicity (in writing I mean). I was shocked when I spent a semester in an American university and I had to check a "race box" on the application papers. Which was even more confusing to me, as at the time I did not know my ethnic background, as an adopted kid. But that's another story.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #3339 on: September 28, 2023, 12:50:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Good god, you guys! Just accept that we, us, an archaic internet message board comprised of skate nerds perpetually mulling over the meaning of skate footage as it relates to all other past, present and future skate footage is not Beatrice's target audience. Frankly, I don't know who her audience is, maybe young female skaters, maybe young, black female skaters, maybe young, black, east coast female skaters? In any case, it exists and it's not us. There are skaters hyped on this, even if you can't understand it. Pulling out your trusty street skating measuring stick is useless and embarrassing. It's not some great travesty that there's interest in her skating. Maybe the most interesting thing about it is how much anger it stirs in you. Let her do her thing for the people who are into it, and she can hopefully find herself a black woman making some money in the skate industry. A rare, if not totally unprecedented, occurrence. The other 95% of the industry abides by the traditional standards you so crave. You've pretty much got the whole place to yourself, go nuts! Can't we just leave this woman alone?
[close]

This is well put and I was with you (as in I accept not being the target audience, and I accept being out of touch, considering my age) until that bit about "black woman making money in the skate industry". This American obsession with identity is profoundly unhealthy IMO and it's being exported everywhere through english-speaking media, which honestly worries me. To put it succintly, it amounts to judging people for who they are, not what they do. Does everyone need to be "represented"? Do we now need a native american woman pro skater too? should we frown upon any white male turning pro, because there are too many of them already?
I guess my being French may have something to do with me having a hard time to understand this way of thinking. For context, it's plain illegal in France to ask someone to specify their ethnicity (in writing I mean). I was shocked when I spent a semester in an American university and I had to check a "race box" on the application papers. Which was even more confusing to me, as at the time I did not know my ethnic background, as an adopted kid. But that's another story.

I agree and what’s weirder is that when black athletes have broken sports barriers, it’s because I they have undeniable skill.   Robinson, woods, Williams sisters.   Beatrice is not even bang average.   There are a few of black girls right now like Samaria, who is beloved, that could use that shine.   I just don’t see how Emperors New Clothes-ing Beatrice gets more black women into skating bc the narrative that creates is “we value your skin color over your talent or ability”.   

Beatrice obviously likes skateboarding as a culture and I don’t doubt she watches vids and fans out like the rest of us do.   I’m just not convinced she likes skating as a career.   She’d be better to pivot to a personality side of the industry like a podcast or contest hype person like Gary Rogers does for Thrasher tours and demos where she can share her love that way instead of pretending she’s an actual deserving skateboarder.   I think she’d find that reciprocal love there

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #3340 on: September 28, 2023, 12:56:25 AM »
113 pages, it's official: Slap loves Beatrice

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 112
« Reply #3341 on: September 28, 2023, 01:13:55 AM »
It's not even interesting discourse....lol. like yeah she sucks, thats it..

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #3342 on: September 28, 2023, 06:40:12 AM »
Does everyone need to be "represented"?

Yes.

Do we now need a native american woman pro skater too?

Yes.

should we frown upon any white male turning pro, because there are too many of them already?

No.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1132
« Reply #3343 on: September 28, 2023, 07:38:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I agree and what’s weirder is that when black athletes have broken sports barriers, it’s because I they have undeniable skill.   Robinson, woods, Williams sisters.   Beatrice is not even bang average.   There are a few of black girls right now like Samaria, who is beloved, that could use that shine.   I just don’t see how Emperors New Clothes-ing Beatrice gets more black women into skating bc the narrative that creates is “we value your skin color over your talent or ability”.   

Beatrice obviously likes skateboarding as a culture and I don’t doubt she watches vids and fans out like the rest of us do.   I’m just not convinced she likes skating as a career.   She’d be better to pivot to a personality side of the industry like a podcast or contest hype person like Gary Rogers does for Thrasher tours and demos where she can share her love that way instead of pretending she’s an actual deserving skateboarder.   I think she’d find that reciprocal love there

https://www.vogue.com/sponsored/article/beatrice-domond-vans
“I’m the first of hopefully many Black women who will be pro skateboarders,” she says.

I wish there was a date on when this was published. Doesn't really matter because Samaria went pro years ago. This is Vans-sponsored content. So Bea said it. Van's vetted it and gave it the okay. I think this quote encompasses vans problem of not respecting it's skate heritage and Bea's being too gassed and believing her own hype. Like there's only a handful of black women in the industry and only one of them is accomplished enough to have A thrasher cover, pro board, shoe colorway, xgames medals etc. Am I supposed to believe that Bea genuinely believed she was the first and just misspoke out of ignorance?

with that being said. Beatrice did get a lot of POC women into skateboarding. She was definitely very influential on social media and inspired a ton of women to start their own and foster community. She's come to my city at least twice that I'm aware and draws a small (20) crowd. Which can pack a park. I think in New York she has even greater influence so It makes sense for Supreme, FA, and Vans to want to put her on. She actually did a lot, and I can believe she was beloved in her scene. I think it's totally cool for her to get pro boards, shoes, and recognition for what she was doing for the community. What individuals do to help skateboarding is important. I don't think we should only reward skill.

I think her sponsors mishandled her pro debut push and her own interviews didn't help her likability. I can't believe FA dropped that "Hey look at our awesome new team" video without Beatrice in it. That just as much FA's fault for letting the ball be dropped

Banned from the room

« Reply #3344 on: September 28, 2023, 08:55:00 AM »
I want a society that when when a grrl is born their parents go out and buy her a bloard. I want it to be cultural. As American as apple pie

We need more girls badly. Everyone should know this pain I feel in my feets

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3345 on: September 29, 2023, 09:37:02 AM »
I want a society that when when a grrl is born their parents go out and buy her a bloard. I want it to be cultural. As American as apple pie

Wait to Momiji drops a street part. Going to be setting a new standard.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

bombsquid

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3346 on: October 01, 2023, 10:58:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wait to Momiji drops a street part. Going to be setting a new standard.

She rips!

glimmerati

• Rep: 11

Baglady

• Rep: -202

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3349 on: October 01, 2023, 05:38:06 PM »
Video Idea: "I did every trick Beatrice Domond can do in one session" Whose going to be the ultimate troll and get this done!?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3350 on: October 01, 2023, 05:41:24 PM »
Video Idea: "I did every trick Beatrice Domond can do in one session" Whose going to be the ultimate troll and get this done!?
lol I thought about doing this but I’m already in the hot seat here but I’ll do it anyway

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #3351 on: October 01, 2023, 05:42:22 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cx2bFaBu1or/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

side note i want to see beatrice skate transtion. someone's transition skating speaks volumes how well rounded someone is

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3352 on: October 01, 2023, 06:19:03 PM »
side note i want to see beatrice skate transtion. someone's transition skating speaks volumes how well rounded someone is

Yeah a lot of transition skaters are “well rounded” if you catch my drift

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3353 on: October 02, 2023, 12:02:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lol I thought about doing this but I’m already in the hot seat here but I’ll do it anyway
Will there be a new gofundme for that?

Shtonk

• Rep: -481
« Reply #3354 on: October 02, 2023, 12:43:46 AM »

You seen that King vlog where Tyshawn tries to skate the Supreme bowl. Tripped me out how he can't even axle stall a mellow worden ramp.

Hikikomori808

• Rep: 0
  • huh
« Reply #3355 on: October 02, 2023, 03:25:09 AM »

never seen a rock-to-fakie, never even seen a simple kickturn
l8er boi!

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3356 on: October 02, 2023, 05:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
yeah if you set it up

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3357 on: October 02, 2023, 05:45:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
yeah if you set it up

are you bunting the bunt?

Terminal

« Reply #3358 on: October 02, 2023, 06:38:41 AM »
Hold tight, 86 pages to go peeps.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3359 on: October 02, 2023, 08:58:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
yeah if you set it up
[close]

are you bunting the bunt?
oh no….