Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 276364 times)

Andrefosho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #750 on: October 27, 2022, 12:17:58 AM »
Not gonna lie, I was waiting for the shove out.  Appreciate her keeping us on our toes.

Same. Big disappointment after no shove out from the 50  :-\

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #751 on: October 27, 2022, 02:37:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not gonna lie, I was waiting for the shove out.  Appreciate her keeping us on our toes.
[close]

I thought a front shove off the curb would’ve been a nice touch.  A sort of deconstructed front 5050 front shove if you will.
[close]
Who was it who had a line like that? It was like tre flip then varial flip then pop shuv. It was genius.
May not be the one you're thinking of but Corey Glick does that line at 0:38

veritas

« Reply #752 on: October 27, 2022, 04:50:25 AM »
The bar for women’s skateboarding has risen exponentially in the last decade yet this shit is what is acceptable for “pro” in 2022.

her skating might have been decent by 2014 standards but she sucks compared to everyone else now. this sets a bad precedent

Jamie Reyes circa 2000 with some heat at Newport and the banks

dannyprovolone

« Reply #753 on: October 27, 2022, 04:51:34 AM »
Yeah this would have been bad 25 years ago too

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #754 on: October 27, 2022, 08:38:00 AM »
Such a sick little line.  I cant believe Tyshawn didnt want any of his NBDs to come before or after this in a video

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #755 on: October 27, 2022, 09:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought a front shove off the curb would’ve been a nice touch.  A sort of deconstructed front 5050 front shove if you will.
[close]
Who was it who had a line like that? It was like tre flip then varial flip then pop shuv. It was genius.
[close]
May not be the one you're thinking of but Corey Glick does that line at 0:38

That’s the line! Thanks! Corey is so rad

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #756 on: October 27, 2022, 10:04:28 AM »
Sick line and steezy curb ender

She absorbed the impact of that curb drop like it was a 14 stair

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #757 on: October 27, 2022, 10:35:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

She absorbed the impact of that curb drop like it was a 14 stair

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #758 on: October 27, 2022, 12:01:21 PM »
what time is she pro?

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #759 on: October 27, 2022, 12:07:46 PM »

At this point, FA having turned her pro just seems cruel. The way she tries to sell it with the throw down, stare down, fake arm steez, and glory push makes it even sadder. Why put her in this position and subject her to this level of scrutiny? It's like giving someone a drivers license and a brand new car after they've failed the exam multiple times.

All the support and likes from big name pros really comes across as forced and out of pity when you view her clips objectively. Toxic positivity.

It's also hilarious that she takes the time to reply to negative Instagram comments.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #760 on: October 27, 2022, 12:15:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

At this point, FA having turned her pro just seems cruel. The way she tries to sell it with the throw down, stare down, fake arm steez, and glory push makes it even sadder. Why put her in this position and subject her to this level of scrutiny? It's like giving someone a drivers license and a brand new car after they've failed the exam multiple times.

All the support and likes from big name pros really comes across as forced and out of pity when you view her clips objectively. Toxic positivity.

It's also hilarious that she takes the time to reply to negative Instagram comments.
FA turned a bunch of people pro over the years that probably weren't worthy of the status based on ability/output and I don't see this as different.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 12:34:51 PM by DannyDee »

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #761 on: October 27, 2022, 12:20:25 PM »
FA turned a bunch of people pro over the years he probably weren't worthy of the status based on ability/output and I don't see this as different.

That is a good point and fact. *COUGH*Swan Pablo*COUGH*
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

IpathCats

« Reply #762 on: October 27, 2022, 12:48:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
FA turned a bunch of people pro over the years that probably weren't worthy of the status based on ability/output and I don't see this as different.

You're right, it's no different. This is just the most egregious example.

I can't believe this thread has gotten to 26 pages.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #763 on: October 27, 2022, 01:06:59 PM »
Just let her be man...

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #764 on: October 27, 2022, 01:11:44 PM »
While it is kinda strange to me, it iswhatit is. I guess she good for marketing. I just wish she didn't seem like such a try-hard. And then it feels like people try hard to back her.  It all feels so weird and contrived.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
« Reply #765 on: October 27, 2022, 02:42:42 PM »
Watching it again she should have at least done that to manual would have at least been somewhat good

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #766 on: October 27, 2022, 02:48:22 PM »
What’s funny is if she was better there wouldn’t be an almost 30 page thread about her with commentary on every move she makes on social media.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
« Reply #767 on: October 27, 2022, 03:22:57 PM »
Imagine being gaslit into thinking you're good at skating while you're on beginner level.

Like I'm getting a call from Reynolds tomorrow and he's telling me how he heard about that kickflip over the bump at the skatepark I've landed last week. He says it was absolutely bonkers and the whole industry is screaming for my name on a deck. I'm thinking it's just a weird dream and I'm going with it. Kinda blew up, everybody around me suddenly goes crazy every time I land a bs crook on a little ledge. I'm starting to think I'm actually special. I always knew I had it in me...
If only these assholes on the internet would see my true value

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #768 on: October 27, 2022, 03:56:09 PM »

Lmao what was that analogy

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #769 on: October 27, 2022, 03:58:23 PM »
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #770 on: October 27, 2022, 04:13:28 PM »
It still baffles me she’s 27 and not like 18-20

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #771 on: October 27, 2022, 04:27:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Just let her be man...
[close]
she's getting paid so it's business and people are getting an inferior product and it's our rights as consumers to speak up. Hell, if Daniel Castillo and other under-skilled pros had to take their lumps on these boards then who hell is she to get a pass. I have yet to see her inward heel manny.
Free Charlie Rambo

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #772 on: October 27, 2022, 04:31:26 PM »
You guys aren't seeing the silver lining: we could all go pro for FA right now.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #773 on: October 27, 2022, 05:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just let her be man...
[close]
[close]
she's getting paid so it's business and people are getting an inferior product and it's our rights as consumers to speak up. Hell, if Daniel Castillo and other under-skilled pros had to take their lumps on these boards then who hell is she to get a pass. I have yet to see her inward heel manny.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #774 on: October 27, 2022, 05:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just let her be man...
[close]
[close]
What the fuck is this comment lol

You sound like such a boomer

You really tryna use Customer is always right type logic to shit on Beatrice lmao try again.

nothing's been the since same

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #775 on: October 27, 2022, 06:51:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just let her be man...
[close]
[close]
[close]
What the fuck is this comment lol

You sound like such a boomer

You really tryna use Customer is always right type logic to shit on Beatrice lmao try again.

But... The customer is always right. Vote with the dollar. Boycott what you don't like. Write badchecks in good faith. A paradox maybe, but you can sleep good at night knowing that the thing you love so dearly, the thing you worked so hard for but never achieved, your childhood dream, is being fully ripped apart by those with a nice face and a few emojis. While they exercise little to no honor in what they promote themselves to be, at least you destroyed your knees so they could not walk, but barely fucking crawl in the grand scheme of things. A drop in the bucket in the ocean of, "contributing."

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #776 on: October 27, 2022, 07:06:43 PM »
You guys aren't seeing the silver lining: we could all go pro for FA right now.
thinking about doing that tomorrow. calling dill and telling him our last names sound the exact same

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #777 on: October 27, 2022, 07:10:08 PM »
Y'all acting like you've never seen the first and second generation of male pro skaters. Acting like female pros have been a thing since way back... You also woulda talked shit about Reyes back in the day etc. Give us some time we will reach your level. We have to EXIST as pros to push that level first, just like your ancestors did. Damn give us a decade of female pro skating ffs then evaluate. Please go watch a video from 1991. That's where female skating is at in terms of progression (I say that because it's a mixed bag. Some ladies are hitting rails others are focusing on tech but none of us have peaked yet by any means). The more we see ourselves pushing the radder it'll get, way faster than it did for men. Can't deny the explosion of female skaters the last 5 years.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

TheDingus

« Reply #778 on: October 27, 2022, 07:27:36 PM »
Y'all acting like you've never seen the first and second generation of male pro skaters. Acting like female pros have been a thing since way back... You also woulda talked shit about Reyes back in the day etc. Give us some time we will reach your level. We have to EXIST as pros to push that level first, just like your ancestors did. Damn give us a decade of female pro skating ffs then evaluate. Please go watch a video from 1991. That's where female skating is at in terms of progression (I say that because it's a mixed bag. Some ladies are hitting rails others are focusing on tech but none of us have peaked yet by any means). The more we see ourselves pushing the radder it'll get, way faster than it did for men. Can't deny the explosion of female skaters the last 5 years.

No fucking way females are at the level of video days from 1991. Sorry. And there’s been female pros for decades. There’s no doubt females can and should be pro now based on skill, but I think the conversation here is somewhat just. Beatrice is a fine skater. But pro level? No.

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
« Reply #779 on: October 27, 2022, 07:43:42 PM »

Alexis was able to hang 2 decades ago.

Pretty sure no one was talking shit on her PJLWHL part, just sayin’
Do you get deja vu, huh?