Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 275037 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #810 on: July 06, 2023, 11:00:12 PM »
I get that her whole schtick is that she's flaming all the haters and generating backlash (on purpose), but regardless of anything, she's just not going to remain relevant with her set of skills. I'm old enough to remember the Sheckler hate and then how he carved out a respectable career by remaining a good skater for a very long period of time, but this isn't like that. This is just a flash in the pan and a desperate attempt to remain relevant. That being said, the shoe is nice looking.
She's been associated with fa for 10 years, officially on the team for 5. I think it's a bit long to call a flash in the pan.

She's maybe rinsed that cracked iPhone 4 comeback now tho. iPhone 4 came out 13 years ago if you managed to still have one that works at all it shows you look after your stuff.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 102
« Reply #811 on: July 06, 2023, 11:02:43 PM »
dills values changed from making simple tricks look good to making simple tricks while looking good.

she will never loose relevancy. she's 27 ill give her a view years until she finds a spot working at a skate company while still having FA boards reminiscing a time that was never legendary or impactful. hating on a woman in a predominantly men activity always seems a little childish but criticism should still be allowed.

she has her fans and I dont think women criticise her at all. I dont feel like she will loose any momentum until she gets roasted by a female skater

You think she wouldn't go fully bully on other girls if she was criticised by them? She's got Andrew Tate energy in her replies.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -217
« Reply #812 on: July 06, 2023, 11:20:23 PM »
Expand Quote
dills values changed from making simple tricks look good to making simple tricks while looking good.

she will never loose relevancy. she's 27 ill give her a view years until she finds a spot working at a skate company while still having FA boards reminiscing a time that was never legendary or impactful. hating on a woman in a predominantly men activity always seems a little childish but criticism should still be allowed.

she has her fans and I dont think women criticise her at all. I dont feel like she will loose any momentum until she gets roasted by a female skater
[close]

You think she wouldn't go fully bully on other girls if she was criticised by them? She's got Andrew Tate energy in her replies.

true that could be the case but this would actually open up a controversy or question her marketability. no matter what you say you are just a mean boy at the end of the day.

funny how fa is now creating the fakest legends in advance from once being a really talented young oriented group of people.
wait until they try to give her the Gino treatment in 10 years.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 11:44:19 PM by shockpadsandwristguards »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #813 on: July 06, 2023, 11:53:33 PM »
To me you either need to be good, nice or funny to make it work.
She doesn't strike me with any of those.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #814 on: July 07, 2023, 12:03:10 AM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #815 on: July 07, 2023, 12:10:15 AM »
Expand Quote
excited for the Gh review. should be spicy
[close]

https://youtu.be/ifaoKZfQpdA
I disagree, I'm also looking forward for GH review. Should be a fun one.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #816 on: July 07, 2023, 12:44:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

https://youtu.be/2feBm7NCWC0

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #817 on: July 07, 2023, 01:46:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

https://youtu.be/2feBm7NCWC0
I'm curious, why does it bother you so much?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Bill Salt

« Reply #818 on: July 07, 2023, 01:50:44 AM »
That mean that I have a chance...

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -217
« Reply #819 on: July 07, 2023, 04:57:33 AM »
its always anti establishment f*ck corporations stop supporting non core brands until you make your own core brand and look a young skater dead in the eye and say "you're very good and risking your life for this. but I dont think I can sell products off of you."

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #820 on: July 07, 2023, 05:11:59 AM »
Let’s play a little game. It would be super easy to guess all of the tricks we will see in her part, I feel like we could get close to 75% accuracy.   That’s too simple, let’s guess tricks we will not see in her part(shit, career)
I’ll start with two, back tail and nollie flip...

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #821 on: July 07, 2023, 05:21:18 AM »
Fandangle
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #822 on: July 07, 2023, 05:24:25 AM »
She must sell product, so good on her.

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #823 on: July 07, 2023, 05:37:11 AM »

Maybe pro women or whatever don't criticize her but women who skate do. Every subset of skaters has it's skaters who are actually informed and have critical opinions of what they're seeing. Not every female who skates is rah rah anything goes because look girl on skateboard. Doesn't make them haters, they just give a shit about how they're represented.

This chick doesn't represent me that's for sure. The biggest problem with her is she's super immature. It's shocking she's in her late 20s the way she acts. The lack of self awareness relating to skating is pretty wow.

If she's purely trolling it's just as lame. No one likes those types. There are also way better female skaters out there, and without a lot of spots to go around on teams it's tragic she has one.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

Slikk

• Rep: -33
  • im proper
« Reply #824 on: July 07, 2023, 06:41:02 AM »
ayo if dill can sell ice to eskimos good on him

but you will never catch me repping any of her shit, almost as annoying of an industry plant as blueberry erry

cant tell me shes a good skateboarder

slikk slikk

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1054
« Reply #825 on: July 07, 2023, 07:02:48 AM »
Beatrice whole career is base on community outreach and social networking. Which is fine. She created spaces and hosted meetups for people who may not have felt comfortable entering the skate space alone. It’s totally fine for her to have a pro board just because people think she’s cool. It’s okay to get shoes and trucks because people think you’re cool. If skateboarding wants to keep its “not a sport” spirit, then there should be more routes to being pro other than tricks.

That being said, I do think she may be a little lost with the pressure and the hate she’s feeling as a “pro”. She had a truck and a shoe before she went pro and nobody really cared. Then as soon as she gets a board there was some expectation to be something she never was.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
« Reply #826 on: July 07, 2023, 07:06:15 AM »
 :-[i
Expand Quote

[close]

Maybe pro women or whatever don't criticize her but women who skate do. Every subset of skaters has it's skaters who are actually informed and have critical opinions of what they're seeing. Not every female who skates is rah rah anything goes because look girl on skateboard. Doesn't make them haters, they just give a shit about how they're represented.

This chick doesn't represent me that's for sure. The biggest problem with her is she's super immature. It's shocking she's in her late 20s the way she acts. The lack of self awareness relating to skating is pretty wow.

If she's purely trolling it's just as lame. No one likes those types. There are also way better female skaters out there, and without a lot of spots to go around on teams it's tragic she has one.

For a while now i’ve kind of wanted FA to put another girl on that’s a lot more of a skaters skater just to see what happens and whether she’d still do as well sales wise when she’s not the only girl associated with that crew.

I can probably see it happening sooner than later too if all the stuff about FA switching up their roster to focus more on actual rippers like Curren and Jake anderson is true.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 64
« Reply #827 on: July 07, 2023, 07:07:48 AM »
She’s an average skater with an inflated ego. But it’s a bad look for a bunch of mostly white guys to be hating on her. You’ll always look bad. So just ignore her and praise a great Black female skater 😁

https://youtu.be/ku5E18AqTtU

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #828 on: July 07, 2023, 07:46:55 AM »
Let’s play a little game. It would be super easy to guess all of the tricks we will see in her part, I feel like we could get close to 75% accuracy.   That’s too simple, let’s guess tricks we will not see in her part(shit, career)
I’ll start with two, back tail and nollie flip...
Wonder what she considers a part... Maybe 4 tricks and a lot of slow and vibe shots to make it last 5 min
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #829 on: July 07, 2023, 07:51:52 AM »
She’s an average skater with an inflated ego. But it’s a bad look for a bunch of mostly white guys to be hating on her. You’ll always look bad. So just ignore her and praise a great Black female skater 😁

Vitoria fucking rips. Seems like a sweet kid too. Literally the exact opposite of Beatrice. Who isn’t good almost 30 and thinks she’s a legend.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1052
« Reply #830 on: July 07, 2023, 07:57:30 AM »
Isn’t she just Jason Dill’s Chris Branagh except Chris Branagh fucking ripped?

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #831 on: July 07, 2023, 07:58:09 AM »
I feel like BD brings the criticism on herself and people are more critical and outspoken because she thinks very highly of herself with no reason to. If she seemed nice everything about her skating would get less picked apart. She invites it.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #832 on: July 07, 2023, 08:00:24 AM »
Expand Quote
I get that her whole schtick is that she's flaming all the haters and generating backlash (on purpose), but regardless of anything, she's just not going to remain relevant with her set of skills. I'm old enough to remember the Sheckler hate and then how he carved out a respectable career by remaining a good skater for a very long period of time, but this isn't like that. This is just a flash in the pan and a desperate attempt to remain relevant. That being said, the shoe is nice looking.
[close]
She's been associated with fa for 10 years, officially on the team for 5. I think it's a bit long to call a flash in the pan.

She's maybe rinsed that cracked iPhone 4 comeback now tho. iPhone 4 came out 13 years ago if you managed to still have one that works at all it shows you look after your stuff.
Just because she's associated with FA doesn't mean she's successful, we can go through any number of skaters over the years who had a relationship, got put on a team, and did nothing of note. If you don't have the skills to shut up the haters, you just validate them. The Fat Bill/Dill era of skate is just boring as fuck, just becoming rinse and repeat.

By saying "flash in the pan" I really only mean that this is someone getting their 15 minutes of fame, and after nobody is really going to give a rats ass. I don't really care how many multibillion dollar companies throw money at her and how many websites want to label her the "future of skateboarding", it's all an obvious plant.

Post Alone

« Reply #833 on: July 07, 2023, 08:06:41 AM »
I feel bad for her. You guys are mean. I'd rather make fun of Yuto's hairstyle.

frontshuv

• Rep: -14
« Reply #834 on: July 07, 2023, 08:13:29 AM »
I feel bad for her. You guys are mean. I'd rather make fun of Yuto's hairstyle.

don't feel bad for her. shes laughing her way to the bank while we scroll through SLAP on our cracked Iphone 4s

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
« Reply #835 on: July 07, 2023, 08:31:34 AM »

got em

I’m always saying that a person’s worth is directly tied to their ability to purchase consumer goods.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #836 on: July 07, 2023, 08:36:17 AM »
Nelly Morville will also have a footage in that vans video next week. Will be interesting to see someone whos been vans flow forever's footage next to a 3 colorway pro's.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #837 on: July 07, 2023, 09:00:10 AM »

Dig her style, music was good too..also gots Rodrigo Tx skating...good shit

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #838 on: July 07, 2023, 09:11:21 AM »
Sammaria actually rips and is a great ambassador for black female skaters as well.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 132
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #839 on: July 07, 2023, 09:16:40 AM »

Yep, Vitória rips and made a big impression in that E.S.P. Vol. 2 video. Was stoked to see her get a board. Was waiting for inevitable compare/contrast comments between her and Beatrice.

Nelly Morville will also have a footage in that vans video next week. Will be interesting to see someone whos been vans flow forever's footage next to a 3 colorway pro's.

Very interesting. Nelly's gonna kill it. She'll be (deservedly) pro for Limo within a year or two. Apparently she's not even 20 yet.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”