Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 276378 times)

hayduke lives

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #780 on: October 27, 2022, 07:46:30 PM »
Y'all acting like you've never seen the first and second generation of male pro skaters. Acting like female pros have been a thing since way back... You also woulda talked shit about Reyes back in the day etc. Give us some time we will reach your level. We have to EXIST as pros to push that level first, just like your ancestors did. Damn give us a decade of female pro skating ffs then evaluate. Please go watch a video from 1991. That's where female skating is at in terms of progression (I say that because it's a mixed bag. Some ladies are hitting rails others are focusing on tech but none of us have peaked yet by any means). The more we see ourselves pushing the radder it'll get, way faster than it did for men. Can't deny the explosion of female skaters the last 5 years.

i'm stoked on the inclusiveness of skating these days. i was around in '91 and was always stoked to see women in the mix but beatrice just seems to be more influencer caliber than FA pro level. funny you should mention reyes as that 20 year old footage of her's was lightyears ahead of that 50-50 "line" that was just posted. also, while clearly under represented there have been female skaters/pros since way back. peggy oki, cara beth burnside, elissa, just to name a few.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 07:55:42 PM by hayduke lives »

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #781 on: October 27, 2022, 07:48:00 PM »
Y'all acting like you've never seen the first and second generation of male pro skaters. Acting like female pros have been a thing since way back... You also woulda talked shit about Reyes back in the day etc. Give us some time we will reach your level. We have to EXIST as pros to push that level first, just like your ancestors did. Damn give us a decade of female pro skating ffs then evaluate. Please go watch a video from 1991. That's where female skating is at in terms of progression (I say that because it's a mixed bag. Some ladies are hitting rails others are focusing on tech but none of us have peaked yet by any means). The more we see ourselves pushing the radder it'll get, way faster than it did for men. Can't deny the explosion of female skaters the last 5 years.
what's this have to do with Beatrice being way below the level some other female skaters past and present.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #782 on: October 27, 2022, 08:27:00 PM »
i know this horse is being cremated and i’ve given my fair share of kicks, but i really just can’t stand her over exaggeration of “style.” the dill arms are annoying, but the bending of the knees off the curb (or anything) is something else. i have a friend whom i love dearly and he can’t/won’t bend his knees for shit and we’ve all laid into him many times and he just can’t do it. it’s like throwing a stick into the sand it landing straight up and at this point i’d really see that and know he’s trying his ass off just having fun and doing what he loves as opposed to this.

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #783 on: October 27, 2022, 09:21:05 PM »
i know this horse is being cremated and i’ve given my fair share of kicks, but i really just can’t stand her over exaggeration of “style.” the dill arms are annoying, but the bending of the knees off the curb (or anything) is something else. i have a friend whom i love dearly and he can’t/won’t bend his knees for shit and we’ve all laid into him many times and he just can’t do it. it’s like throwing a stick into the sand it landing straight up and at this point i’d really see that and know he’s trying his ass off just having fun and doing what he loves as opposed to this.

I mean how many times does one need to click on a new Beatrice clip to get 'disappointed'?
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #784 on: October 27, 2022, 09:39:08 PM »
Have you watched any of the recent women sls? I mean, they are pretty good right now, so the bar is set pretty high. I don't think B could even do any tricks on anything in sls tbh.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #785 on: October 27, 2022, 09:47:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Have you watched any of the recent women sls? I mean, they are pretty good right now, so the bar is set pretty high. I don't think B could even do any tricks on anything in sls tbh.
It's not just recent sls you can go back to 2015 and there's good skating. Go back even further in xgames and there's good skating. There's been so much good female skateboarding (comp and street) for 20+ years but people choose not to look.
91 and women's skateboarding progressing faster than men's were bad choices. The difference between skating in 91 and 89 was massive.
I think Beatrice should be pro (for reasons already brought up in this thread a thousand times) but don't have to ignore everyone else or change reality to justify it.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #786 on: October 27, 2022, 10:17:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean how many times does one need to click on a new Beatrice clip to get 'disappointed'?
idk man. i was a fan, then i wasn’t, then i was, then she weren’t pro, and now i’m not. i got too happy today and watched that clip to bring me down

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #787 on: October 27, 2022, 10:52:38 PM »
FA turned a bunch of people pro over the years that probably weren't worthy of the status based on ability/output and I don't see this as different.

this is a dig at sean pablo? while i don’t think he is great at least he gets footage. had a part in purple and blessed. aidan gets more footy too. beatrice just has no redeemable quality in her skating or a legit streeet part.

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #788 on: October 27, 2022, 11:30:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It's not just recent sls you can go back to 2015 and there's good skating. Go back even further in xgames and there's good skating. There's been so much good female skateboarding (comp and street) for 20+ years but people choose not to look.
91 and women's skateboarding progressing faster than men's were bad choices. The difference between skating in 91 and 89 was massive.
I think Beatrice should be pro (for reasons already brought up in this thread a thousand times) but don't have to ignore everyone else or change reality to justify it.
Agreed, there has been great skating since forever. But I guess my point is more aimed towards the climate of being pro today. I totally understand what you're saying. I mean, I hope that it does give skateboarding exposure and whatnot, but I also hope it doesn't make skateboarding more about more than what it is. I can go on about this, so I'll just shut up now. This may be the last I look or post in this thread.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #789 on: October 28, 2022, 06:45:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
idk man. i was a fan, then i wasn’t, then i was, then she weren’t pro, and now i’m not. i got too happy today and watched that clip to bring me down
  Ha
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #790 on: October 28, 2022, 06:47:07 AM »
nice try but no..women have been skating at a high level/pro for decades. Bea/FA is showing the issue - where is the motivation to get good when skills like B's can get you paid? Look how bonkers skating went from 83 to 93 to 03 - why? because to get paid your skills had to stand out. I am old to have lived through Jaime, ES, MDS etc and shit was not talked because they were out doin it. When 40 y/o slappers can replicate your clips...
Free Charlie Rambo

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #791 on: October 28, 2022, 07:11:17 AM »
I honestly don't care about her skill level. It's that she hasn't used what skill she has to put together any legit street parts. She's had more video day in the life interviews than street footage. And to the person who compares her with other FA riders, the other riders who got on from Cherry all have had a good amount of street footage whether you think their skill is up to par or not. So the comparison doesnt stand.

svenfuck cowboy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #792 on: October 28, 2022, 10:37:53 AM »
this thread needs to be taken out back and put it down

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
« Reply #793 on: October 28, 2022, 11:04:44 AM »
I'd love to see some unsponsored but way better girl posting every trick Beatrice posts, but 1 upping it a bit and @ing FA. Ideally without fake steeze.

This is my last comment on this, sorry for hating. Don't even know why it bothers me, but it kinda does. Pro skaters should just be good skaters and everything else makes skateboarding as a whole get worse and that makes me sad.
It's not Beatrice fault tho and I hope she's happy

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #794 on: October 29, 2022, 03:44:03 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #795 on: October 29, 2022, 03:58:43 AM »

You realize it was shutting down and then you posted this and brought it back to the top

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #796 on: October 29, 2022, 04:06:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You realize it was shutting down and then you posted this and brought it back to the top

Schoolboy error, my bad

håkanhellström

• Rep: -42
« Reply #797 on: October 29, 2022, 04:07:56 AM »
Pro af on fa. Still waiting pro part

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #798 on: October 29, 2022, 03:51:37 PM »
Okay I just looked at some clips on Ben aurelien Instagram and now I feel bad for hating on beatrice

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #799 on: March 08, 2023, 09:38:06 AM »
Miss you Rusty Berings

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
« Reply #800 on: July 06, 2023, 09:00:29 PM »
2023 soty run incoming?

frontshuv

• Rep: -16
« Reply #801 on: July 06, 2023, 09:28:06 PM »

got em

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 115
« Reply #802 on: July 06, 2023, 09:47:04 PM »

got em

I mean, we know who Beatrice Domond is, the question is: why?

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -446
« Reply #803 on: July 06, 2023, 09:59:43 PM »
2023 soty run incoming?

haters gonna hate. i heard thru the minority female grapevine that she 50-50 fs shuv'd el toro (the bottom stair but still), and that's just the opener for her upcoming part. it's the biggest kept secret in skating rn. the past few weeks she has been absolutely stacking nbds at famous spots. switch bigflip back tail clipper (bottom stair again), fakie flip wallenberg (in a line, with a 50-50 fs shuv to start), and nollie double heel back noseblunt nollie flip out hollywood 12, walking back up the set, then switch bs 270 noseblunt fs half cab flip to switch back smith the 16 (first try). camera died though and she doesn't feel like doing it again, atiba's jaw was on the ground and gary was put in a straitjacket and driven to a psych ward. nobody could believe it. i was there. neckface was begging her to try it again, just once, and atiba was having flashbacks to how badly he blew foy's front crook cover photo. she grabbed them both by their ears (keep in mind she's like 8 feet tall) and said "nobody will ever believe you." this was a week ago and tony vitello doesn't know what to believe since there was no footage. i'm telling you though i saw it all go down. hellride btw
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 10:06:41 PM by disgruntledMTAEmployee »

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 41
« Reply #804 on: July 06, 2023, 10:01:53 PM »
excited for the Gh review. should be spicy

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
« Reply #805 on: July 06, 2023, 10:06:07 PM »

Wow man maybe it’s time to exit stage left off the internet.

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -252
« Reply #806 on: July 06, 2023, 10:07:10 PM »

humble god (the shoe already existed in different color ways)
nevertheless they look great.

wish I could genuinely simp for her but she makes it so hard

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 41
« Reply #807 on: July 06, 2023, 10:15:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wow man maybe it’s time to exit stage left off the internet.
u don't think a new beatrice part review from the internet's busiest skateboarding nerd would be entertaining? my man hasnt dropped shit in ages. its time for some beef
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 11:19:34 PM by easymoneysniper »

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #808 on: July 06, 2023, 10:20:03 PM »
I get that her whole schtick is that she's flaming all the haters and generating backlash (on purpose), but regardless of anything, she's just not going to remain relevant with her set of skills. I'm old enough to remember the Sheckler hate and then how he carved out a respectable career by remaining a good skater for a very long period of time, but this isn't like that. This is just a flash in the pan and a desperate attempt to remain relevant. That being said, the shoe is nice looking.

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -252
« Reply #809 on: July 06, 2023, 10:26:01 PM »
dills values changed from making simple tricks look good to making simple tricks while looking good.

she will never loose relevancy. she's 27 ill give her a view years until she finds a spot working at a skate company while still having FA boards reminiscing a time that was never legendary or impactful. hating on a woman in a predominantly men activity always seems a little childish but criticism should still be allowed.

she has her fans and I dont think women criticise her at all. I dont feel like she will loose any momentum until she gets roasted by a female skater
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 10:33:11 PM by shockpadsandwristguards »