Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 275151 times)

I_Respect_Wood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
    • HH avatar image
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2022, 12:47:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Skateboarding is great bc we have this intangible measurement beyond technical ability, of who we want to see more of.
[close]

One of my very favourite things about skateboarding is that you can be as good as Micky Papa and no one cares.

This...
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2022, 12:48:35 PM »
Wow her middle name is Michaelcca that's fuckin fire

It´s look like MICHAELLA to me.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2022, 01:42:37 PM »
Looked through her twitter posts and it's really mostly fs 5050s fs shuv out. Is that some kind of joke?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2022, 01:56:35 PM »
"live laugh lazerflip"

- steve

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2022, 02:08:51 PM »
Looked through her twitter posts and it's really mostly fs 5050s fs shuv out. Is that some kind of joke?

I tried to find recent footy of her today and found this as well. I already made a joke about it so I didn't want to comment again but yes... it's very sad

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2022, 02:14:46 PM »
I've been a fan of her for years...not quite sure she has earned a board quite yet given she's only had a couple clips here and there and never had a full street video part. I guess instagram presence is more important than all that these days...call me traditional.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2022, 02:27:04 PM »
I've been a fan of her for years...not quite sure she has earned a board quite yet given she's only had a couple clips here and there and never had a full street video part. I guess instagram presence is more important than all that these days...call me traditional.

Although I agree with you but has KB had more than just clips?

It just seems like  if supreme thinks you cool then hype beasts will then you get to go pro or have a free ride. Cool by association type shit.

I mean get the money but damn there’s so many more females that deserve this and has contributed more than 5050 shuv out.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2022, 02:38:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It just seems like  if supreme thinks you cool then hype beasts will then you get to go pro or have a free ride. Cool by association type shit.

I mean get the money but damn there’s so many more females that deserve this and has contributed more than 5050 shuv out.

Nicole Hause is the only one I can really think of that has been ripping for years and is missing a pro board.   Likely because she was bouncing around btw DLX brands

MisterX

• Rep: 50
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2022, 02:46:36 PM »
JoAnne Schmoe is super good and needs to get boards from somebody one of the best skaters in boise for sure

I heard she's possibly getting on Greendale via Chaddddddd

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 162
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2022, 02:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nicole Hause is the only one I can really think of that has been ripping for years and is missing a pro board.   Likely because she was bouncing around btw DLX brands

Agreed. 

Not quite filed under the “for years” category, but has brighton zeuner had pro frog boards released?  Think she had a vans colorway but not sure if that qualifies

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2022, 04:34:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Skateboarding is great bc we have this intangible measurement beyond technical ability, of who we want to see more of.
[close]

One of my very favourite things about skateboarding is that you can be as good as Micky Papa and no one cares.

I'd rather watch Micky papa skate than Beatrice. At least the motherfucker can skate and knows more than one trick.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2022, 04:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd rather watch Micky papa skate than Beatrice. At least the motherfucker can skate and knows more than one trick.

you never answered me about your pop shuv back smith

mamba

• Rep: 138
  • Sucka free
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2022, 06:27:49 PM »
as someone who’s been following her for years i think she’s sick as a skater, but in the way i’m stoked for my homies skating. like i don’t care how good they are i’m just stoked they are skating and i like how they skate.

if we’re talking pro skaters, i’m sorry she just doesn’t make the cut. when there’s dudes like arianna spencer and nicole hause ripping shit up still and and she goes pro first, it makes my head hurt

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2022, 06:31:50 PM »
Does she get a free pass for faking the fire hydrant ollie?

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2022, 06:43:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When I say clips I mean literally like a handful, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she's has under 10 street clips all together in whatever videos she's been in. KB has had a lot of footage over the years, maybe not as much as others but his stuff is always quality...this comparison is absurd.

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2022, 06:48:49 PM »
Finally peeped the Instagram account and... Was extremely disappointed. 50's, kickflips and noseslides we're pretty much the only thing I've seen done. Sorry, but I've seen unknown girls better than this. We already know it's who you know, not what you know.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

indysk8r

• Rep: -22
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2022, 07:11:24 PM »
discuss, Slap

am i allowed to say what everyone thinks but cant say outloud?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2022, 07:18:13 PM »
Does Dill get a pass for exploiting a specific demographic over and over and over?

Representation matters, but I don't know if she has any sort of side project or something that makes up for her lack of skill.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 07:57:13 PM by LebowskisRug »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2022, 07:23:07 PM »
Expand Quote
discuss, Slap
[close]

If you’re looking for permission to say something sexist or racist, assuming we feel that way, you’re mistaken.
Please keep that bullshit to yourself. If thats what you are thinking.

Enough people here are calling foul on her skill, and pointing out that the ability to sell boards as a ‘pro’ is not tied to ability these days. That seems to be the extent of it, marketability.

Maybe you have a great critique about how capitalism exploits everything and anything, including identity politics to sell shit. I’d be interested in hearing that.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2022, 07:31:15 PM »

Wait what happened?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2022, 07:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Agreed. 

Not quite filed under the “for years” category, but has brighton zeuner had pro frog boards released?  Think she had a vans colorway but not sure if that qualifies
Alysha le been around as long as Lizzie no board. Aori Nishimura been around mad long, went to Olympics was in tony hawk game and death wish doesn't even acknowledge she exists

kookzilla

• Rep: -4
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2022, 08:11:42 PM »
What's this? Lol

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2022, 08:20:55 PM »
Finally peeped the Instagram account and... Was extremely disappointed. 50's, kickflips and noseslides we're pretty much the only thing I've seen done. Sorry, but I've seen unknown girls better than this. We already know it's who you know, not what you know.

same, I just took a look at her instagram and came out of thinking, is she super tall because she so stiff and unnaturally bends her knees on all her tricks

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2022, 08:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
discuss, Slap
[close]

[close]

If you’re looking for permission to say something sexist or racist, assuming we feel that way, you’re mistaken.
Please keep that bullshit to yourself. If thats what you are thinking.

Enough people here are calling foul on her skill, and pointing out that the ability to sell boards as a ‘pro’ is not tied to ability these days. That seems to be the extent of it, marketability.

Maybe you have a great critique about how capitalism exploits everything and anything, including identity politics to sell shit. I’d be interested in hearing that.

Why exactly does she get a pass then if those things are off the table?

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2022, 09:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

same, I just took a look at her instagram and came out of thinking, is she super tall because she so stiff and unnaturally bends her knees on all her tricks
I think someone on her said something about her having style? I was thinking to myself does this person know what having a good style means? Not saying mine is any better or anything, but if you're going to do simple things just make it look good, ya know? I usually keep things like this to myself, but it really got me thinking about the word "pro" and what it means to have your name on a board in this day in age. This is where the lines get blurred and will probably be the second death of skateboarding like all those years ago. That's just my opinion. Not mad about it or anything, just sad that something I love it becoming more strange to me every year. Call me out of touch I don't care.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Jebediah

• Rep: 111
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2022, 09:56:51 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2022, 10:21:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think someone on her said something about her having style? I was thinking to myself does this person know what having a good style means? Not saying mine is any better or anything, but if you're going to do simple things just make it look good, ya know? I usually keep things like this to myself, but it really got me thinking about the word "pro" and what it means to have your name on a board in this day in age. This is where the lines get blurred and will probably be the second death of skateboarding like all those years ago. That's just my opinion. Not mad about it or anything, just sad that something I love it becoming more strange to me every year. Call me out of touch I don't care.

Well it is FA/Hockey,so she won’t literally have her name on a board (see: Todd, Diego)

Dent Face

• Rep: 2
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2022, 11:02:33 PM »

She has had a lot of knee injuries and recently had surgery: https://twitter.com/beatrice_domond/status/1540496455261192193?s=21&t=Q0Xck5iKlFjtYnF3ZD03bA

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2022, 11:48:57 PM »
Wow her middle name is Michaelcca that's fuckin fire

killer joke

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2022, 12:09:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well it is FA/Hockey,so she won’t literally have her name on a board (see: Todd, Diego)

Diego's name was on top. They all get top graphics with their name on it.

Beatrice is an interesting one. She hasn't progressed since 2013/14, and has actually regressed since she's been in the limelight. I do think it's sick Dill literally came across her randomly 10 years ago and started flowing her boards from one clip. I do see the appeal, and how she is a role model for girls, in particular in the black community.

As a side note do you think much is made about Vans obvious corporate push to cover all minorities and demographics? Arin was offered a contract when her clip went viral, Beatrice was given a clothing range within months of being signed, Cher got a blank cheque put in front of them when they appeared in a Supreme video. Literally put on a guy with no legs on. I'm all for inclusivity in skateboarding but when a corporation is involved I just can't help but think about the sincerely of it all. All just seems so icky yet they are praised for their diversity.