Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109332 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -504
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #240 on: September 10, 2022, 02:46:46 PM »
TMKF Is trolling right? Those ASICS look like ass especially to someone who claims to love NB.

As for Reynolds dude has owned that house in Toluca lake for like a decade ish and median home price has doubled and he’s been sober for like nearly 20 years so even if he squandered the 150k thps check like he said did on the nine club he’s prolly chilling I mean he owns a brand and a distribution company and he’s gotten free clothes and shoes for decades. He’s prolly fine . the dude did street league a few times and just used the check to get his team baker rings . And wasn’t street league 5K just for showing up for a bit .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2022, 03:03:52 PM »
Expand Quote
how many 10s of millions do you guys think jason dill has?
[close]

I don’t know if it’s tens but it’s definitely millions.

FA brand have may a „value“ of millions right now.
But Dill personally till 2014 I think he was spending more then earning. Most successful sponsor deal in his career was may DVS pro shoe?
Didn’t expect building up a successful brand as he did with FA. That was a surprise to me. Nothing then respect for this.
Looks like he have his shit together the last years…

But multiple millions… don’t think so - FA / Hockey is mostly hardware with low margin. And he is only part owner + they will pay the Supreme kids / cash cows above average.
He will make good money today for a skaterboy in his late 40s - but stacking millions in the past not.

fried

• Rep: 54
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2022, 03:20:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

But Dill personally till 2014 I think he was spending more then earning. Most successful sponsor deal in his career was may DVS pro shoe?
Didn’t expect building up a successful brand as he did with FA. That was a surprise to me. Nothing then respect for this.

But multiple millions… don’t think so - FA / Hockey is mostly hardware with low margin. And he is only part owner + they will pay the Supreme kids / cash cows above average.
He will make good money today for a skaterboy in his late 40s - but stacking millions in the past not.

From what I’ve been told from an insider…their first year as a board brand FA did over $1M in sales.

It’s grown exponentially over the past 8 years.
And they’ve been selling a ton of soft goods which have high margins.

AVE lives in Newport Beach.

I think it’s safe to say Ave and Dill both have millions in the bank.

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 80
« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2022, 03:39:46 PM »
NB# are really fucking ugly. Some Sesame Street “brought to you by the letter ‘N’” shit. Gross.

I've always thought that since it's New Balance Numeric, if they just used the # sign on the side of shoes that would look pretty cool.

billyerlife

« Reply #244 on: September 10, 2022, 05:15:19 PM »
Blows my mind how many times people on here refer to skaters as "multi-millionaires". Owning a brand that may be worth multi-millions doesn't make you a multi-millionaire.

My house is worth a few hundred thousand and I'm definitely not a multi-hundred-thousandaire.

Yeah, you and Andrew Reynolds have exactly the same situation, good point.

This should pretty much settle this whole stupid debate. Here's the man himself, in 2014, stating that he is a millionaire: https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2014/09/02/the-andrew-reynolds-interview-2/

Since then, skateboarding has grown around the globe, so even if Baker simply maintained it's popularity it would have increased its profits. Baker Boys Distribution has also grown and Andrew took a CEO position, guaranteeing a minimum salary as well as a share of the profits. It's also simply the case that if you have a million dollars, and are not a complete moron, you ought to be able to turn that into more money through real estate and other investments.

I've personally have never said a word about any other skater's net worth, as nice as it would be to just lump me into that class, but if Andrew Reynolds isn't worth at least couple million dollars at this point I would be very surprised.

billyerlife

« Reply #245 on: September 10, 2022, 05:48:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Blows my mind how many times people on here refer to skaters as "multi-millionaires". Owning a brand that may be worth multi-millions doesn't make you a multi-millionaire.

My house is worth a few hundred thousand and I'm definitely not a multi-hundred-thousandaire.
[close]

Yeah, you and Andrew Reynolds have exactly the same situation, good point.

This should pretty much settle this whole stupid debate. Here's the man himself, in 2014, stating that he is a millionaire: https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2014/09/02/the-andrew-reynolds-interview-2/

Since then, skateboarding has grown around the globe, so even if Baker simply maintained it's popularity it would have increased its profits. Baker Boys Distribution has also grown and Andrew took a CEO position, guaranteeing a minimum salary as well as a share of the profits. It's also simply the case that if you have a million dollars, and are not a complete moron, you ought to be able to turn that into more money through real estate and other investments.

I've personally have never said a word about any other skater's net worth, as nice as it would be to just lump me into that class, but if Andrew Reynolds isn't worth at least couple million dollars at this point I would be very surprised.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #246 on: September 10, 2022, 06:04:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

From what I’ve been told from an insider…their first year as a board brand FA did over $1M in sales.

Does AVE?   He’s posted IG photos on his street before and it’s pretty bog standard South Orange County looking track homes.   Don’t know why (or if) they have that in Newport Beach or why yOud pay Newport Beach prices for that.   

Also, isn’t is wife a current/former model?

PS - anyone who has “millions in the bank” doesn’t know how to manage their money.    No one should have that amount of money just sitting in their account unless they are extremely risk averse

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2022, 06:27:23 PM »
SLAP: where the broke profess about how to be rich

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2022, 06:40:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Accept it Watson - you are rich!

Damn I thought being rich would be cooler than this and I wouldn't feel guilty about a modestly fancy dinner with my wife.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2022, 06:56:12 PM »
SLAP: where the broke profess about how to be rich

Haha I’m surprised no one brought up trust fund kids yet

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #250 on: September 10, 2022, 07:27:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Even Zuckerberg didn’t „own“ his house - he finance
with a credit. Also Elon Musk don’t have billions of dollars under the pillow or on the bank account - he just own some bubbles called space X  or Tesla.
All this millionaires are fake. Only Donald Duck is real.

yeah I dont think most of these people understand how net worth works haha

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #251 on: September 10, 2022, 07:47:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how dare the greatest street skateboarder of all time (who i don't care about anymore btw) know his value and try his best to set himself up for a comfortable life in his 50s
[close]

I've seen this take a couple times, seems a little weird. Reynolds is a multimillionaire. He's the CEO of Baker Boys Distribution, not to mention being the sole owner of Baker itself, so even if he quit being sponsored altogether he'd continue to rake in cash for the rest of his life. I'm not saying he isn't on New Balance, I have no idea, and if he is it might be for the money, but he definitely doesn't need a new shoe contract to retire comfortably.
[close]
[citation needed]
[close]

Go to https://bizfileonline.sos.ca.gov/search/business and look up Baker Brand, Inc. as well as Baker Boys Distribution, Reynolds is the sole agent listed on both. There's also a link below noting his position as CEO of Baker Boys. I can't speak to the websites stating his net worth, but Baker itself is inarguably one of the most popular brands going right now, and has been for a very long time, so it stands to reason he's making good money.

https://www.slice.ca/the-20-wealthiest-skateboarders-in-the-world-2017-edition/
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/skateboarders/andrew-reynolds-net-worth/
https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ca/C3064625
[close]

gonna take a leap here and say that templeton and muska are not worth 10 million dollars
[close]

It’s very easy to imagine both of those dudes being worth that much.
[close]

lmao
[close]

Templeton has owned a board company for two decades, multiple shoes, and is a very well established multi medium artist with international gallery showings.

Muska has had some of the best selling shoes of all time pre athletic footwear entering the game and just flipped his Hollywood home to move to Ohio.

If these dudes didn’t totally fuck up, and they clearly didn’t, it would not be hard to be a multi millionaire, Mr. Provolone.
[close]

I don't know why people have a hard time believing this. Those celebrity net worth sites are usually bunk, but that doesn't mean that someone like Ed Templeton hasn't amassed a small fortune in his multiple decades owning a brand during what was almost certainly the most profitable era of skateboarding. Remember that Ed would stick the Toy Machine logo on basically anything - I still have a Toy Machine keychain that I bought at Target in like 2001. Merchandising little tchotchkes when your brand is hot is how people get really rich, not to mention his career in art, numerous shoes, etc.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Reynolds is worth several million dollars, though I have no idea how much liquid cash he has on hand, since so much of it is probably tied up in his various companies. The liquidity issue might be why he is interested in having his own "Half-Cab" type of shoe, where the checks from a multi-billion dollar corporation just roll in every month.

Can’t remember who said this in an interview (I want to say it was Jerry Hsu) that there is a well know, legendary skateboarder that doesn’t actually own the brand that everyone thinks they do. I always figured he was referring to Templeton. Doesn’t Swank/Tum Yeto technically own it?

Also, just a little bit of my insight on the speculation of company owners and how much cash they have flowing in vs. net worth.

I’ve worked for a handful of brands (non-skate) and have seen all different kinds of cash flow situations. I recently left a brand that had doubled in revenue from 2020 to 2021 and was targeting a $150m year and they weren’t profitable. They were aiming for 5% but were falling very short when I left. The owner made a salary but that was it. Of course, if the brand were to be sold at some point then they’d get a big payday.

I’m working for a brand now that does about $250m in revenue each year and is insanely profitable. Around 30%.

Not sure what Baker or FA/Hockey sales look like but with low hardgoods margins and big teams eating up a lot of salary, I would be surprised if Reynolds/Dill were personally making $1m per year off their brands.

manysnakes

« Reply #252 on: September 10, 2022, 08:03:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

with a credit. Also Elon Musk don’t have billions of dollars under the pillow or on the bank account - he just own some bubbles called space X  or Tesla.
[close]

No you see the dude who owns multiple multi-million dollar businesses isn’t rich because he doesn’t have a Scrooge McDuck-style pool of gold coins.

Welpok

• Rep: 13
« Reply #253 on: September 10, 2022, 10:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

No you see the dude who owns multiple multi-million dollar businesses isn’t rich because he doesn’t have a Scrooge McDuck-style pool of gold coins.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #254 on: September 10, 2022, 11:16:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I heard Salba skated that pool

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2022, 12:01:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I have no clue about the sales situation from FA,
but in general the value of a company is calculated
(If you want to buy) not from turnover, you take the profit from the last 4-6 years and then you multiply  by 5-10 + value of the inventory- depends on grow and forecast and brand awareness. It depends also what kind of business it is. Amazon haven’t done any profit for years - but investors still belief into moving in becoming a money print machine - so it was worth billions.
Similar situation with Tesla.
Even traditional companys like Porsche earns (at least a couple of years more money of stock growth then with production and selling cars.

Bussiness is a Strange World - let’s keep skating

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2022, 06:06:59 AM »
I like how this thread went from talking about sneakers to talking about personal finance

I just want to see more NB numerics in the classic NB dad-shoe-grey colorway

and also a high top like the 440 but beefier like a vans Crockett high

Also how about a skate shoe that looks like an NB990v3

Someone get the boss to pitch this stuff, it’s like a license to print money!

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2022, 07:04:04 AM »

I agree. this might actually get taken into consideration if posted in the nb numeric containment thread…

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2022, 09:49:45 AM »
I like how this thread went from talking about sneakers to talking about personal finance

We are at page 8 we need to flip to topic to keep it alive. Surely the majority can agree we want some Reynolds pro shoe and expect a well thought through and top designed future best seller.  No matter the brand.

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2022, 09:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn I thought being rich would be cooler than this and I wouldn't feel guilty about a modestly fancy dinner with my wife.

…the life of the rich and famous…
Don’t feel guilty - you post hard for it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 12:48:17 PM by lurker_and_poster »

Welpok

• Rep: 13
« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2022, 01:31:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We are at page 8 we need to flip to topic to keep it alive. Surely the majority can agree we want some Reynolds pro shoe and expect a well thought through and top designed future best seller.  No matter the brand.
This is something I can get behind for sure. I guess it only feels right.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2022, 01:56:11 PM »
I honestly believe Reynolds is a multimillionaire. Hell Heath was a multimillionaire when he retired and Heath didn’t have a bestselling emerica shoe or was in THPS.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: September 11, 2022, 02:22:16 PM »
I honestly believe Reynolds is a multimillionaire. Hell Heath was a multimillionaire when he retired and Heath didn’t have a bestselling emerica shoe or was in THPS.

Heath also doesn’t have an ex-wife, a child, and a history of drug use (all of which are known to deplete money reserves)  and was famously smart about his money

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #263 on: September 11, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Heath also doesn’t have an ex-wife, a child, and a history of drug use (all of which are known to deplete money reserves)  and was famously smart about his money

Yeah, but Reynolds went sober early in the 00’s. It wasn’t as hectic as Greco for example. The ex wife and child I can’t speak to, but I can’t see baker being unprofitable in the least. Reynolds is on the same level of koston in terms of success if not greater, in my eyes.

And more on topic, I’ll bet that Reynolds gets on new balance and gets a shoe.

Gbeerme

• Rep: -6
« Reply #264 on: September 11, 2022, 08:15:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

An HOURS shoe with Herm would be timely and acceptable imo.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #265 on: September 11, 2022, 08:15:52 PM »
TMKF Is trolling right? Those ASICS look like ass especially to someone who claims to love NB.

As for Reynolds dude has owned that house in Toluca lake for like a decade ish and median home price has doubled and he’s been sober for like nearly 20 years so even if he squandered the 150k thps check like he said did on the nine club he’s prolly chilling I mean he owns a brand and a distribution company and he’s gotten free clothes and shoes for decades. He’s prolly fine . the dude did street league a few times and just used the check to get his team baker rings . And wasn’t street league 5K just for showing up for a bit .
I'm sure he made a fortune on Emerica. Maybe he stayed mostly out of loyalty, but you have to think he was cashing some big shoe checks because Nike/Adidas likely would have backed up the Brinks truck for him like Nike did for Koston. He brought a level of name value while still being productive that maybe 4 or 5 other street pros could have offered at the time (Koston, and Daewon being the 2 obvious ones but possibly guys like JT, and Carroll).

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2022, 04:46:18 AM »
boss sold old house for loss

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -488
« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2022, 06:41:45 AM »
Not trolling, I'd rock the asics over any of the NB#

NB USA & UK are a completely different thing, numeric has potential and tbh I like most of what they do outside of their actual shoes.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2022, 07:04:51 AM »
boss sold old house for loss

As did Muska IMHO.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: September 12, 2022, 07:39:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

An HOURS shoe with Herm would be timely and acceptable imo.

Post a pic wearing HOURS

And you need to fill us in whether there was a pun intended or not on a move to HOURS being “timely”