Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109137 times)

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #330 on: October 06, 2022, 07:56:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
have we had any official confirmation of him & tony of vans? i see it all the time it’s just too much digging for me to find sources other than the insta stories of drew & whatever it is of tony. big loss for them, not sure why you’d introduce 2 of the biggest legends & then give them the boot within a matter of a year or 2? lame.
[close]
Tony still seems to be wearing vans at least. Can't picture him swapping unless he got some offer he couldn't pass up which at this stage can't really see happening.  (Unless there's more video games to come). Could possibly see Nike maybe wanting to use the pics of him in Jordans to make it seem like they have more history than they really do. Yeah they got lance but it's not the house hold name.
[close]

Last time I saw Tony skating he was wearing blazers with the nike swoosh removed

Posted an IG story today of him riding through an airport in old skools.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 08:12:36 AM by Seadramon »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #331 on: October 06, 2022, 09:51:24 PM »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2022, 09:56:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Will he now say he prefers cupsoles again?
[close]
He will say his pro shoe is perfect and the only thing he skates then also do a seperate ad for an insole he has to use to be able to skate.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2022, 02:16:24 PM »
Just a little update that Andrew is still wearing Vans in latest insta clip.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2022, 03:40:58 PM »
following in kaders footsteps. get em talking!!!!! $$$$

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #335 on: October 23, 2022, 08:42:55 PM »
Just a little update that Andrew is still wearing Vans in latest insta clip.

Pretty sure that’s an old clip.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #336 on: October 23, 2022, 08:59:13 PM »
Real bosses cut checks, not ask for them.

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 12
« Reply #337 on: October 24, 2022, 11:56:53 AM »
just looks like a oldman/hypebeast 992 depending on whether its jjjound so im guessing hes just a comfy 44 year old man
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

ek27

• Rep: 6
« Reply #338 on: October 24, 2022, 02:29:45 PM »
From what I hear the Reynolds on NB# deal fell apart.  Everyone that works on the skate program was really trying to make it happen, but the corpo leaders didn't think paying a 44 year old a six figure salary was in line with the goal of skateboarding being NB's Youth Marketing channel...

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 440
« Reply #339 on: October 24, 2022, 03:12:28 PM »
just looks like a oldman/hypebeast 992 depending on whether its jjjound so im guessing hes just a comfy 44 year old man

The screen grab definitely isn’t 992’s the toe cap isn’t even close. The shoes in the screen grab are the current black 1010’s

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-tiago-lemos-1010/NM1010V1-37554.html?dwvar_NM1010V1-37554_style=NM1010BB
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #340 on: October 24, 2022, 03:56:29 PM »

Discuss.
  California seems pretty crazy.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

alecjahr

• Rep: -111
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2022, 03:11:53 PM »
What shoes are this in his new insta clip?

yeayeaman

• Rep: 7
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2022, 03:14:28 PM »
Couldn't tell you

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2022, 03:20:41 PM »
Vans. Those clips were from his baker part from earlier this year. The lack of new clips really makes me think hes off. Compared to when he was on and od tagging vans in new clips every 3 days.

From what I hear the Reynolds on NB# deal fell apart.  Everyone that works on the skate program was really trying to make it happen, but the corpo leaders didn't think paying a 44 year old a six figure salary was in line with the goal of skateboarding being NB's Youth Marketing channel...
The youth are idiots.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2022, 03:28:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Vans. Those clips were from his baker part from earlier this year. The lack of new clips really makes me think hes off. Compared to when he was on and od tagging vans in new clips every 3 days.

Expand Quote
[close]
The youth are idiots.

Definitely Vans, they look like a sk8-hi with a huge toecap. Couldn't find anything online.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #345 on: October 31, 2022, 03:35:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
The youth are idiots.
[close]

Definitely Vans, they look like a sk8-hi with a huge toecap. Couldn't find anything online.

The shoes above (I'm 95% sure) are the Vans Sk8-Hi Demolicion collab:

Super Champion Fun Zone

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #346 on: October 31, 2022, 06:27:43 PM »
At this point I can see him going back to Emerica and a big welcome home thing happening

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2022, 07:42:51 PM »
I’d rather buy Vans, than be paid to skate in Emericas.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 113
« Reply #348 on: October 31, 2022, 11:25:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
The youth are idiots.
[close]

[close]

That side stripe looks puffy like the Lizzie. Not just stitched around to form the shape.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #349 on: October 31, 2022, 11:31:27 PM »
really? Vans has done literally nothing in the last 10 years that has gotten me even half-mast and this is coming from a long-term fan…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2022, 12:15:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
really? Vans has done literally nothing in the last 10 years that has gotten me even half-mast and this is coming from a long-term fan…
Vans are coca cola they have solid products you've been able to get forever and occasionally offer something new. Emericas are more like a chip company bringing out new flavours every couple of months some good some bad but nothing really sticks

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2022, 02:32:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Vans are coca cola they have solid products you've been able to get forever and occasionally offer something new. Emericas are more like a chip company bringing out new flavours every couple of months some good some bad but nothing really sticks
So we should expect an Emerica x Illegal Civ collab any day now?
After all, (to paraphrase) there is something really powerful & iconic about the triangle shaped Emerica logo.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

« Reply #352 on: November 01, 2022, 06:31:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Usually the ability to consistently produce high quality skateboarding shoes is seen as a good thing.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 07:19:57 AM by manysnakes »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #353 on: November 01, 2022, 07:02:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Crockett High, AVE and Rowan shoes are some of the best options around in my opinion and even if they don't get you excited they skate way better than anything Emerica has made since the original Reynolds 2... and like, what is Emerica doing that is getting you excited?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #354 on: November 01, 2022, 07:04:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh c'mon

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #355 on: November 01, 2022, 10:31:33 AM »
vans used to be ass for the longest time, it was one of my first skate shoes and they blew out hella fast on the sides so i never got them again. i had a pair of grey skate ones that were actually indestrectuble shortly before the rowley xl era. i thought those shoes were cheap.
they are pretty good now actually.

i still see a lot of people who have blown out sides super fast though but the soles seem to be very good
i dont like how everyone who wears them is so damn diehard about it, its just a pair of shoes they arent THAT good
the huge benefit for vans is every mark tom and travis in your neighbourhood wears them so you find them at the goodwill/thrift store all the time. i got a pair of Chimas for $8 never once skated and hardly even that worn. also someone was giving away old skools never skated, gobbled those up too. fuck buying them new. might as well recycle these pedestrians shit before it hits the landfills.
if i am buying them new, i will stick with NB# i think its the perfect shoe for me  8) i even got a pair of those at goodwill too though  :P

manysnakes

« Reply #356 on: November 01, 2022, 11:16:44 AM »
I once found a pair of salesman sample (which usually means size 9, my size) Rowleys and Old Schools - as well as two pairs of Huf samples - at the thrift store. Each pair was $15 each and I remember bumbling up to the front with four pairs of shoes like I was stealing something.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #357 on: November 01, 2022, 11:47:14 AM »
The new 'skate' sk8hi might be the best shoe I've skated in (for me). I somehow still haven't put a Ollie hole in the side and the sole is quite durable.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #358 on: November 01, 2022, 11:54:53 AM »

the huge benefit for vans is every mark tom and travis in your neighbourhood
Not sure if this was intentional but kudos

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #359 on: November 01, 2022, 12:00:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
The youth are idiots.
[close]

[close]

[close]

That side stripe looks puffy like the Lizzie. Not just stitched around to form the shape.

I think that's just the shadow casting on it. All the other lines of stitching visible and the sole shape are the Sk8-Hi build. Plus,  this clip, if it's not a new one is definitely from before the Lizzie was dropped since the model I linked came out in 2020 or 2021 well before the Lizzie came out.
Super Champion Fun Zone