Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109131 times)

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #390 on: November 03, 2022, 04:56:15 AM »
I think you have to distinguish between shoes for their respective eras. The modern day Vans skate line seems to be an improvement, but in your response you are comparing them to shoes that no longer exist. I didn't like most of those Emerica shoes from that era because they were too thick for my preferences. Vans was also super flimsy and often made poorly during that era.

Anyways, they were referencing the current Emerica line. I tried on the KSL and laughed out loud. I've tried a lot of shoes recently and its clearly stuck in the prior generation. The G6 is squishy, but the midsole is thick and puffy and just doesn't compare to the board feel you can get from a lot of modern cups. Seeing others' shoes the build quality is clearly lacking. The upper lacing eyelet stitching seems to come apart and the durability isn't there.

But that's just opinions.

Bro you can't put on a remade cupsole from 2004 and compare it to newer shoes of today.

Even then you had to walk around in the shoes for a few hours to break them in.

"I can't believe these shoes I just tried on arent perfect broken in to my individual preferences, this is simply laughable"

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #391 on: November 03, 2022, 05:38:17 AM »
Expand Quote
I think you have to distinguish between shoes for their respective eras. The modern day Vans skate line seems to be an improvement, but in your response you are comparing them to shoes that no longer exist. I didn't like most of those Emerica shoes from that era because they were too thick for my preferences. Vans was also super flimsy and often made poorly during that era.

Anyways, they were referencing the current Emerica line. I tried on the KSL and laughed out loud. I've tried a lot of shoes recently and its clearly stuck in the prior generation. The G6 is squishy, but the midsole is thick and puffy and just doesn't compare to the board feel you can get from a lot of modern cups. Seeing others' shoes the build quality is clearly lacking. The upper lacing eyelet stitching seems to come apart and the durability isn't there.

[close]

Bro you can't put on a remade cupsole from 2004 and compare it to newer shoes of today.

"I can't believe these shoes I just tried on arent perfect broken in to my individual preferences, this is simply laughable"

That's hilarious. Entitled ass feet up in harr
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 05:52:48 AM by ok boomer »

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #392 on: November 03, 2022, 05:42:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean, if they're remade for a modern audience, why not?

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #393 on: November 03, 2022, 06:50:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

As if they're aren't millions of people walking around in dunks, Jordans, forums, rb classics, nb bb550. All shoes that are "dated" and have been out for decades. I don't understand skaters where we have to have the brand new thing all the time. Shoes can be timeless.

And you are right you can't compare shoes from 2004 to ones now...because what is out now doesn't hold a candle to what was being produced back then.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #394 on: November 03, 2022, 06:59:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

As if they're aren't millions of people walking around in dunks, Jordans, forums, rb classics, nb bb550. All shoes that are "dated" and have been out for decades. I don't understand skaters where we have to have the brand new thing all the time. Shoes can be timeless.

And you are right you can't compare shoes from 2004 to ones now...because what is out now doesn't hold a candle to what was being produced back then.

Regarding the KSL:

I've got 2 friends that have skated them and thought the same. Wear tested review also felt the same. Slap posters that have worn them also agreed on the bulk, boardfeel and thickness. I've worn Emericas in the 2010's, they felt like a moderately updated version of those. I think that design ethos is dated.

Given I can try on a shoe from any other brand and get a rough idea if they can work since I've worn shoes for 37 years or so, why would I afford these the benefit of the doubt and spend $100 hoping they transform at a magical rate that no other shoe I have put on my foot has?

The shoes you listed are mostly thin-ish cups. For chilling I don't care- I've got 990 series and Jordans and don't mind. Jordans are thinner and better fitting for me than the KSL and have great boardfeel. Same with Reebok Classics, which I've skated dozens of times since the late 1990's. Those designs haven't changed because they don't need to and fortunately they still work for many. They don't have a fat fucking foam midsole and most that you listed have thinner tongues and less stack height.

In terms of age I was talking about skate shoes designed by brands that have shoes designed specifically for skating.

Jesus Christ, people are entitled to not liking something even if it doesn't agree with your logic or preferences.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #395 on: November 03, 2022, 06:59:59 AM »
Chuck Taylors, Superstars and Half Cabs haven’t gone anywhere. Just gotten more comfy.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2022, 07:08:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's hilarious. Entitled ass feet up in harr
Rich, little, white feet!
It feels like colonialism in 2022.
;)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #397 on: November 03, 2022, 07:23:47 AM »
Expand Quote
The new 'skate' sk8hi might be the best shoe I've skated in (for me). I somehow still haven't put a Ollie hole in the side and the sole is quite durable.
[close]

Vans require such a long break in period that I just can’t be bothered with them anymore.

even better reason to buy them from the thrift store!  8)

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #398 on: November 03, 2022, 03:16:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Regarding the KSL:

I've got 2 friends that have skated them and thought the same. Wear tested review also felt the same. Slap posters that have worn them also agreed on the bulk, boardfeel and thickness. I've worn Emericas in the 2010's, they felt like a moderately updated version of those. I think that design ethos is dated.

Given I can try on a shoe from any other brand and get a rough idea if they can work since I've worn shoes for 37 years or so, why would I afford these the benefit of the doubt and spend $100 hoping they transform at a magical rate that no other shoe I have put on my foot has?

The shoes you listed are mostly thin-ish cups. For chilling I don't care- I've got 990 series and Jordans and don't mind. Jordans are thinner and better fitting for me than the KSL and have great boardfeel. Same with Reebok Classics, which I've skated dozens of times since the late 1990's. Those designs haven't changed because they don't need to and fortunately they still work for many. They don't have a fat fucking foam midsole and most that you listed have thinner tongues and less stack height.

In terms of age I was talking about skate shoes designed by brands that have shoes designed specifically for skating.

Jesus Christ, people are entitled to not liking something even if it doesn't agree with your logic or preferences.

I personally love the KSLs. The emerica G6 sole is one of my favorites, for skating or chilling.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2022, 03:03:49 AM »
Chuck Taylors, Superstars and Half Cabs haven’t gone anywhere. Just gotten more comfy.

What an album
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

fernando the skater

• Rep: 123
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2022, 03:15:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What an album

Bumped into Goldie in the London Stussy shop a few years back. Literally walked backwards into him. He was very friendly and apologetic, even though I was the one in the wrong knocking him back. Nice bloke.  #csb

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2022, 07:34:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What an album
[close]

Bumped into Goldie in the London Stussy shop a few years back. Literally walked backwards into him. He was very friendly and apologetic, even though I was the one in the wrong knocking him back. Nice bloke.  #csb

Pretty cool! He’s a legend for sure

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2022, 08:13:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What an album
[close]

[close]

he played here in nyc two weeks back. was easily one of the best sets i've seen
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2022, 09:17:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What an album
[close]

[close]

He's a legend, used to play Dublin all the time. Still does. Has mean temper on him if you fuck with him

Fairly sure he kicked the shit outta RedEyes and fucked him down a flight of stairs.

What a G

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2022, 09:40:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What an album
[close]

[close]

[close]

He's a legend, used to play Dublin all the time. Still does. Has mean temper on him if you fuck with him

Fairly sure he kicked the shit outta RedEyes and fucked him down a flight of stairs.

What a G

Yeah I could see him getting a temper if you piss him off lol.  He will be in DC Dec 15th hope to catch that one. Been ages since I’ve seen him.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #405 on: November 04, 2022, 09:48:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What an album
[close]

[close]

[close]

What a G
[close]

Yeah I could see him getting a temper if you piss him off lol.  He will be in DC Dec 15th hope to catch that one. Been ages since I’ve seen him.

Deadly enjoy

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2022, 04:58:39 PM »
He’s got Tiago clips in his story now…

:o

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #407 on: November 08, 2022, 05:28:54 PM »
Expand Quote
nothing says "long-time fan" like "this brand hasn't done anything good in a decade"
[close]
what specific era of vans would you like to talk about? I’m down for you to test my knowledge if you doubt I’m a fan, or should I say was a fan. Their quality has been shit for a long time now and their designs in 2022 just lack inspiration and innovation …
okay but ill take any current  vans skate line over Rowley xlt, rowley og classic, vans tnt models, vans no skoo, half cabs classics. The build quality now is way better

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 28
« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2022, 08:25:10 PM »

Saw this today, Looks like some Tiago’s
 ;D

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #409 on: November 08, 2022, 10:55:35 PM »

Saw this today, Looks like some Tiago’s
 ;D

Yeah those are the white/green NB 1010's... This has to be confirmed then, two pics/videos of the Boss in NB's. Im honestly extremely stoked for him on NB. What a let down Vans never gave him a Pro shoe, Im sure that was what was on every ones mind when he first got on Vans was to see what a Vans Reynolds pro model would look like

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #410 on: November 08, 2022, 11:14:56 PM »
Feels like NB# has wanted a big name flagship legacy pro since the beginning but things didn't work out with PJ or Arto due to injuries, lack of footage, etc. Of pros with big legacies around, there isn't really a better combo than Reynolds who still puts out clips, has a big social media following, owns a popular brand and has huge name recognition. They have a stacked team of current pros like Tom Knox, Tiago, Jamie Foy. Not shocked they would probably put a higher premium on getting Reynolds on than Vans who have an established history and have guys like Ave and Rowley plus putting Tony on recently.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #411 on: November 08, 2022, 11:27:29 PM »
The stories I hear about Reynolds is that he does lengthy testing processes on shoes, etc.   he skated every adidas model when they were pursuing him post-Emerica, and this could just be him trying out NB now that his contract is seemingly expired at vans.    Could be on, but also could just be deciding.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #412 on: November 09, 2022, 03:51:10 AM »
Feels like NB# has wanted a big name flagship legacy pro since the beginning but things didn't work out with PJ or Arto due to injuries, lack of footage, etc. Of pros with big legacies around, there isn't really a better combo than Reynolds who still puts out clips, has a big social media following, owns a popular brand and has huge name recognition. They have a stacked team of current pros like Tom Knox, Tiago, Jamie Foy. Not shocked they would probably put a higher premium on getting Reynolds on than Vans who have an established history and have guys like Ave and Rowley plus putting Tony on recently.

Pretty spot on!

Personally i'd be stoked if reynolds on NB would work out

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #413 on: November 09, 2022, 07:44:05 AM »
The stories I hear about Reynolds is that he does lengthy testing processes on shoes, etc.   he skated every adidas model when they were pursuing him post-Emerica, and this could just be him trying out NB now that his contract is seemingly expired at vans.    Could be on, but also could just be deciding.

Yeah but he was talking to Adidas at the time, that's why he was wearing the shoes so much. Same with Vans. If he's wearing NB# and testing them then that's because he's in some sort of talks with them, whether he's 'on' or will work out a deal with them is beyond me.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #414 on: November 09, 2022, 10:12:38 AM »
Fingers crossed this is true and there’s a Reynolds cupsole in the works

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #415 on: November 09, 2022, 10:16:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nothing says "long-time fan" like "this brand hasn't done anything good in a decade"
[close]
what specific era of vans would you like to talk about? I’m down for you to test my knowledge if you doubt I’m a fan, or should I say was a fan. Their quality has been shit for a long time now and their designs in 2022 just lack inspiration and innovation …
[close]
okay but ill take any current  vans skate line over Rowley xlt, rowley og classic, vans tnt models, vans no skoo, half cabs classics. The build quality now is way better

Rowley classics, half cab classics, tnt 2, fucking av6 is all I’d want. Instead they make these doc marten feeling shoes that do fit better but feel like ass
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #416 on: November 09, 2022, 10:20:34 AM »
I only remember the strong Addidas rumours around the time of Away Days. Was he ever spotted in them back then? I don't recall seeing him in them in 2019. Memory might be off, but I seem to remember him purely in Vans straight after his Emerica contract was up.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #417 on: November 09, 2022, 11:15:45 AM »
I only remember the strong Addidas rumours around the time of Away Days. Was he ever spotted in them back then? I don't recall seeing him in them in 2019. Memory might be off, but I seem to remember him purely in Vans straight after his Emerica contract was up.

there was a photo of him wearing adidas ultraboost at the Bakerboys park. It's somewhere on slap but it's been a few years

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #418 on: November 09, 2022, 11:23:59 AM »
"Da Boss on NB!" - Fox Mulder

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #419 on: November 09, 2022, 02:25:44 PM »
Untitled by
Best part of reynolds switching sponsors is we will get to see an influx of ig footy of him tagging @nbnumeric