Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109163 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #780 on: December 14, 2022, 05:38:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Andrew speaks about it: basically he left Vans because he wanted to skate in a cup sole

http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/andrew-reynolds-new-balance?fbclid=PAAaYk4CjajxdX57kOGRO8dDIX40kMHMD9w0tnD5nNeBfWPOBCXF5R_2mcEr4
[close]

Good read - also the Interview with Jeff Mikut.
Got Andrews message. I am a Vans guy since 4ever skating half cabs since 30 years.
But I have an eye on NB since they start in skateboarding. They do a good job team and shoe wise.

Woud love to skate the Tiago -but doest feel good to see him on my feet.
Waiting since a long time for a good / simple / little more tech NB Shoe I coud buy/ skate.

I like also what Pontus is doing, his own little brand - feels right too.. but same situation like with
the Tiago - feels strange to look down on my feet.
For me the "feel" of a shoe was never really a problem.
But to look down on a shoe is a heavy criteria.
If it looks good - it feels good too - some just after 2-3 session breaking in.
Halfcab works for me straight out of the box. But in general quality is not good.
[close]
If you're looking for a more simple tech NB you should check out the Westgate's. I think they are the 508.

I’d try out those brown Tiagos if they had a white or gum sole.   I’m just not a black sole guy unless the whole shoe is black

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #781 on: December 14, 2022, 06:28:53 AM »
when i found out there's other shoes besides skate shoes to wear it changed my life

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #782 on: December 14, 2022, 06:31:42 AM »
reynolds basically just wants a 306 in a cup sole

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #783 on: December 14, 2022, 06:33:20 AM »
reynolds basically just wants a 306 in a cup sole

Honestly that sounds great.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #784 on: December 14, 2022, 07:11:16 AM »
That's a 440, which is the last cup he would want considering he is putting Footprints in Tiagos and skating 808's. His shoe is likely to be thicc

manysnakes

« Reply #785 on: December 14, 2022, 07:19:45 AM »
That's a 440, which is the last cup he would want considering he is putting Footprints in Tiagos and skating 808's. His shoe is likely to be thicc

As I said above, from the tone of the interview, it sounds like he intends for his shoe to be a blend of the 1010/808 and the Emerica Reynolds. So yeah, thicc.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #786 on: December 14, 2022, 07:23:22 AM »
Fuck me Reynolds looks great in that clip - there are days where I actually prefer present day Reynolds compared to the zero years Reynolds.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #787 on: December 14, 2022, 07:25:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As I said above, from the tone of the interview, it sounds like he intends for his shoe to be a blend of the 1010/808 and the Emerica Reynolds. So yeah, thicc.

I don’t know, he specifically said the Reynolds 1 would be way too big now

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 440
« Reply #788 on: December 14, 2022, 07:25:58 AM »
Fuck me Reynolds looks great in that clip - there are days where I actually prefer present day Reynolds compared to the zero years Reynolds.

HUH?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #789 on: December 14, 2022, 07:28:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HUH?

They meant Toy Machine

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #790 on: December 14, 2022, 07:29:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HUH?
[close]

They meant Toy Machine

yr thinking of foundation

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #791 on: December 14, 2022, 07:35:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Also I’m the list of his dream shoe he has something to the effect of  like slim upper tech sole. and the 440 is nice but it feels a lot like a vulc.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #792 on: December 14, 2022, 07:48:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HUH?
[close]

They meant Toy Machine
[close]

Shorty's*

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #793 on: December 14, 2022, 07:49:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HUH?
[close]

They meant Toy Machine
[close]

[close]

Shorty's*

pig wood

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -100
« Reply #794 on: December 14, 2022, 08:01:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HUH?
[close]

They meant Toy Machine
[close]

[close]

Shorty's*
[close]

pig wood

…back when he was on Mountain Dew skateboards.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #795 on: December 14, 2022, 08:48:55 AM »
I still have a few pairs of the Reynolds 1 in all red with the gold eyelets in my closet.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #796 on: December 14, 2022, 08:50:57 AM »
I still have a few pairs of the Reynolds 1 in all red with the gold eyelets in my closet.

Size 9?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #797 on: December 14, 2022, 08:59:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Also I’m the list of his dream shoe he has something to the effect of  like slim upper tech sole. and the 440 is nice but it feels a lot like a vulc.

“Porportions” is the new “of”

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #798 on: December 14, 2022, 09:00:10 AM »

12/13? $$$$

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #799 on: December 14, 2022, 12:18:01 PM »
idont get how people skate tiago 1010, the sole is so stiff and i have been walking in them for awhile

LebowskisRug

« Reply #800 on: December 14, 2022, 12:20:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The Reynolds G6 was thinner especially the tongue. Thankfully shoe companies have realized thick tongues were horrible.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #801 on: December 14, 2022, 12:29:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The Reynolds G6 was thinner especially the tongue. Thankfully shoe companies have realized thick tongues were horrible.
His best shoe was maybe the Reynolds light which he wore for a big chunk of stay gold and could pretty much be what he's after now.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 47
« Reply #802 on: December 14, 2022, 12:55:05 PM »
Andrew speaks about it: basically he left Vans because he wanted to skate in a cup sole

http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/andrew-reynolds-new-balance?fbclid=PAAaYk4CjajxdX57kOGRO8dDIX40kMHMD9w0tnD5nNeBfWPOBCXF5R_2mcEr4

That interview was sick. I want some New Balances now.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #803 on: December 14, 2022, 02:21:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HUH?
[close]

They meant Toy Machine
[close]

[close]

Shorty's*
[close]

pig wood
[close]

…back when he was on Mountain Dew skateboards.

;D

manysnakes

« Reply #804 on: December 14, 2022, 03:01:24 PM »
idont get how people skate tiago 1010, the sole is so stiff and i have been walking in them for awhile

Honestly I found the shoe completely unworkable. My best skate homie lives in them, and he is an excellent skater. Obviously so are Tiago and Reynolds. I really wanted to like them, but they are just not compatible with my feet.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #805 on: December 14, 2022, 03:37:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Got Andrews message. I am a Vans guy since 4ever skating half cabs since 30 years.
But I have an eye on NB since they start in skateboarding. They do a good job team and shoe wise.

Waiting since a long time for a good / simple / little more tech NB Shoe I coud buy/ skate.

I like also what Pontus is doing, his own little brand - feels right too.. but same situation like with
Halfcab works for me straight out of the box. But in general quality is not good.
[close]
If you're looking for a more simple tech NB you should check out the Westgate's. I think they are the 508.

I've got the Westgate 508s at the moment and they're great. Very comfy straight out of the box
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #806 on: December 14, 2022, 05:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I've got the Westgate 508s at the moment and they're great. Very comfy straight out of the box

Can’t say enough good about the 508. My only issue is idk if I should  have gone a half size down but I am  Super happy with how comfortable they are.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #807 on: December 14, 2022, 06:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Can’t say enough good about the 508. My only issue is idk if I should  have gone a half size down but I am  Super happy with how comfortable they are.

i gotta throw in the 288 sport here. Skate great and great LDF

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #808 on: December 14, 2022, 06:58:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That interview was sick. I want some New Balances now.
I know right. Got me so hyped on the 1010 that I just bought a pair. Im really curious to see what shoe he can design with NB#.

Coffee

• Rep: 44
« Reply #809 on: December 14, 2022, 09:05:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I really wanted to like the 508. I bought a pair aight unseen and they are the most uncomfortable skate shoes I’ve ever had. That’s just for my feet though. I know a few people who love them. Maybe I got a bad pair or something. I don’t have wide feet and they were way too slim in the heel and mid foot area. The 272’s and 379 are some of the best vulc shoes I’ve ever had though.