Author Topic: Tyshawn Thrasher Cover  (Read 24280 times)

Chatbot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
Re: Tyshawn Thrasher Cover
« Reply #270 on: October 11, 2022, 11:00:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What an insane cover, I have so many questions and hope there is a documentary/Thrasher My War/etc of the trick.

Also- if you look at Atiba's caption on instagram he mentions that he was told that the track was not active and it turns out that it actually was active. He then says he had to jump on the third rail to get out because he heard the subway car coming.. WTF.
[close]

I thought the "third rail" was the one that has the power going through it... so how did he not get electrocuted? or did it just luckily not happen to be powered at that moment?
[close]

If that story is true, maybe rubber shoe soles not being conductive?

The third rail usually has a cover on top that you can step on without getting electrocuted. Still sketchy nonetheless.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2022, 11:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What an insane cover, I have so many questions and hope there is a documentary/Thrasher My War/etc of the trick.

Also- if you look at Atiba's caption on instagram he mentions that he was told that the track was not active and it turns out that it actually was active. He then says he had to jump on the third rail to get out because he heard the subway car coming.. WTF.
[close]

I thought the "third rail" was the one that has the power going through it... so how did he not get electrocuted? or did it just luckily not happen to be powered at that moment?
[close]

[close]

The third rail usually has a cover on top that you can step on without getting electrocuted. Still sketchy nonetheless.

I really hope a bunch of NY kids don't start shooting photos from down there.. it can only end badly

veritas

« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2022, 12:36:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I really hope a bunch of NY kids don't start shooting photos from down there.. it can only end badly

Just to add to this sentiment there are videos out there of people touching the electrified rail while walking down there and their body crumples to the ground as they get shocked / die and fall on top of the rail. Sometimes their body starts burning if someone can’t pull them off fast enough. Hopefully nobody tests out the rubber soles theory .

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2022, 12:40:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just to add to this sentiment there are videos out there of people touching the electrified rail while walking down there and their body crumples to the ground as they get shocked / die and fall on top of the rail. Sometimes their body starts burning if someone can’t pull them off fast enough. Hopefully nobody tests out the rubber soles theory .

Yes. To be clear I don't suggest anyone goes anywhere near the third rail. For real. Don't.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2022, 12:41:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just to add to this sentiment there are videos out there of people touching the electrified rail while walking down there and their body crumples to the ground as they get shocked / die and fall on top of the rail. Sometimes their body starts burning if someone can’t pull them off fast enough.Hopefully nobody tests out the rubber soles theory .

Unless you want to potentially join the party, don’t do this

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2022, 01:25:06 PM »
i watched a rat get smoked by the third rail last time i was there. i thought it was dead but a few minutes later it jumped up and scurried off. they’re built different out there.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2022, 01:40:06 PM »
NYC rats aren't real

they're CIA drones and honestly I've said too much already

Ask puleo

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2022, 02:21:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes. To be clear I don't suggest anyone goes anywhere near the third rail. For real. Don't.

Also DON'T touch the poor person that touched it, or the exact same thing happens to you.

quackquack

• Rep: -423
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2022, 02:57:27 PM »
NYC rats aren't real

Ask puleo

Fuck, it's not just the birds, huh?

Who changes the batteries? Because the rats can't be solar powered.
Oh, the places you'll go.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #279 on: October 11, 2022, 05:30:10 PM »
Expand Quote
NYC rats aren't real

Ask puleo
[close]

if you both turn up missing it was puleo

Banned from the room

« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2022, 05:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it has something to do with touching the ground and the rail? I don't know much about electrical shit.

I've met people who I've seen on video step up on the rail and catch tags. They had big ass high heel boots on.

If anyone would like to explain that'd be cool.

I wish I had a skeme phone book. If I ever meet that dude you know I'm bringing one for him to hit up.

Imagine a skeme phone book shadow box thing made out of an old phone booth or something!

Re-create some classic cars. Maybe do like a model of New Lots of something.

Ask skeme which yard he was getting over in and just get all tech with it. Put the book in the center

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2022, 07:14:50 PM »
You need to create a path for that current to flow. So you've got to also be touching something at a different potential at the same time.

So if you're shoes are shit, and you step on that live rail, whilst you're other foot is on the ground, it's possibly going to go up one leg, down the other to ground and fuck you up, depending on the ground conditions.

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #282 on: October 12, 2022, 05:46:16 AM »
i did some construction management work for metro north and we did a lot of work on the tracks working around live third rails. around the stations most of them have covers on them, but it's not uncommon that there are sections without covers.

that being said going near those things in general is terrifying. but i've seen plenty of trade workers step on the covers like it's no big deal. step a little wrong though...scary business.
good come sausage

ViewFinder

• Rep: 22
« Reply #283 on: October 12, 2022, 05:47:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think it has something to do with touching the ground and the rail? I don't know much about electrical shit.

I've met people who I've seen on video step up on the rail and catch tags. They had big ass high heel boots on.

If anyone would like to explain that'd be cool.

I wish I had a skeme phone book. If I ever meet that dude you know I'm bringing one for him to hit up.

Imagine a skeme phone book shadow box thing made out of an old phone booth or something!

Re-create some classic cars. Maybe do like a model of New Lots of something.

Ask skeme which yard he was getting over in and just get all tech with it. Put the book in the center

3 yard

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #284 on: October 12, 2022, 06:09:39 AM »
Expand Quote
NYC rats aren't real

Ask puleo
[close]

Two words: Nuclear
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #285 on: October 12, 2022, 07:05:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
NYC rats aren't real

Ask puleo
[close]

[close]

Two words: Nuclear
Obviously they recharge by touching the third rail duh

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 104
« Reply #286 on: October 12, 2022, 08:00:57 AM »
I'm just gonna leave this here

The restricted songs are "Mayonaise", "He's a Rebel" and of course "Knocking on Heaven's Door"

Come at me Bill

Edit: I can't seem to share the video starting at Tyshawn's part for whatever reason (1:06:40)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 08:10:17 AM by Jewel Runner »

FuzzGNU

« Reply #287 on: October 12, 2022, 08:07:15 AM »

The restricted songs are "Mayonaise", "He's a Rebel" and of course "Knocking on Heaven's Door"

Come at me Bill

Hahahahaha. If he honestly takes this down I'm going to pop him an IG message or something.

Thanks for the upload.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #288 on: October 12, 2022, 08:42:53 AM »

Come at me Bill

Edit: I can't seem to share the video starting at Tyshawn's part for whatever reason (1:06:40)

Lucky for you there's already an upload of the full thing with no music restrictions

Also there's been parts up from the video for a few years now. I don't think he cares like when the video first came out, which is fair enough.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 104
« Reply #289 on: October 12, 2022, 08:49:47 AM »
Expand Quote

Come at me Bill

[close]

Lucky for you there's already an upload of the full thing with no music restrictions

Also there's been parts up from the video for a few years now. I don't think he cares like when the video first came out, which is fair enough.

Can you explain to me how one video has music restrictions and then the same video doesn't?

How can that be possible? I have zero knowledge when it comes to that

manysnakes

« Reply #290 on: October 12, 2022, 09:07:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Come at me Bill

[close]

[close]

Can you explain to me how one video has music restrictions and then the same video doesn't?

How can that be possible? I have zero knowledge when it comes to that

YouTube has an algorithm which listens to music and detects when it’s copyrighted, but I imagine there are plenty of things which it doesn’t catch or tricks for subverting it. As well, it scans for song titles and band names, and uses that information to inform its decision. Maybe leaving the titles out helps? This is all speculation based on what I know about the algorithm, which ain’t much but I have worked in AI so it’s not a foreign topic to me.

manysnakes

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2022, 03:39:44 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjoTaI3OoxB/?igshid=ZWFiZDJlMTg=

Insane. 15 feet kickflip. So it's really not super far from the longest flatground ollie ever (16' 6")

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #293 on: October 12, 2022, 04:04:12 PM »
Jenkem doing the journalism thing. Good job.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

FuzzGNU

« Reply #294 on: October 12, 2022, 04:26:15 PM »

Insane. 15 feet kickflip. So it's really not super far from the longest flatground ollie ever (16' 6")

Wow, when you put it that way... and you add on the fact that there isn't much run up, and he had to mentally deal with a sort of vague takeoff spot.

Anyone recall what Jeremy Wray's watertower ollie was?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #295 on: October 12, 2022, 04:45:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wow, when you put it that way... and you add on the fact that there isn't much run up, and he had to mentally deal with a sort of vague takeoff spot.

Anyone recall what Jeremy Wray's watertower ollie was?

16ft
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2020/01/19/revisiting-water-tower-ollie-jeremy-wray/

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #296 on: October 12, 2022, 05:27:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea pretty sure this is it. I’ve seen videos of graffiti writers stepping on the cover but fuck that I’m good.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: October 12, 2022, 05:37:20 PM »
Just put a 15' tape on my floor and it's ridiculous. Tyshawn could easily break the longest ollie record.

Then I looked up the long jump world record and it's almost twice that. What the hell

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #298 on: October 12, 2022, 07:05:01 PM »
i set up two boards 15 ft apart looked at it, laughed, and picked em up. shit is nuts

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #299 on: October 12, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »
Just put a 15' tape on my floor and it's ridiculous. Tyshawn could easily break the longest ollie record.

Then I looked up the long jump world record and it's almost twice that. What the hell

Lol yeah unfortunately whenever someone says oh so and so could be an Olympic athlete it's usually total horseshit.