Author Topic: URGENT: There is a mouse or small rat in my apartment with my son please help  (Read 3204 times)

Sizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Hey guys,

Right now it’s just shy of one am here in New York. About twenty minutes ago I spotted an unknown object scamper across the room out of the corner of my eye. Long story short there’s some sort of rodent creature either a small rat or a mouse in my apartment, it has a long tail but it’s small. I think it’s in the corner behind a bookshelf so I tried to build a barricade and put my girl’s yorkie in there to at least flush it out but the dog is an actual runt and her organs are too big for her body so I’m asking a lot from her to kill a rat. My girl wants me to kill it with a broom because my infant son lives with us. Please give me any advice. I think I am going to try to coexist with him because he’s been here a couple days now I think, thought I saw him last night but at the time i dismissed it because it was 3am and I thought I was seeing things. Might just get some glue traps in the morning. Please help guys

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
First thing I thought of

https://youtube.com/shorts/OEhkojzVoXA?feature=share

But to answer your question, if you wanna do it the humane way you can invest in some ultrasonic repellent devices to drive it away. I had some old neighbors that used them with success. You'll need to find any possible holes where it came from and get the plugged though.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 43
Mice and rats will follow the path of walls, put the traps along the walls. You got this!

veritas

Go to bed and hope it doesn't chew the baby's face off while you sleep. In the morning, move back home like the other scared transplants. Also try not living in filth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3388660/Four-month-old-baby-dies-Mexico-RATS-chewed-face-mother-18-left-home-party.html

JRF

• Rep: 145
Well, give that rat/mouse an ultimatum,, let him/her know that if it dosent start pulling its weight around the house and contributing to monetary household items by getting a job, helping put food on the table and paying it’s fair share of the rent that it’s going to have to find some other living situation. Or you could resort to more extreme and inhumane tactics and buy some mouse traps. But I guess that all depends on how you feel about this rodent that’s living with you, are you guy’s close? Homies that go way back? Would you feel bad if you forced him/her to move out and fend for itself? Oh wait, from what you said it sounds like this rodent is a stranger, so in that case just tell the rodent to hit the road and that you’re not going to shelter a rodent that’s a stranger to you that most likely has no plans to show any gratitude for the living space it’s been afforded so far by crashing at your place without being invited. That’s all I got for you. But I’m sure someone else will come along here soon with some better ideas, after all this is the “useless wooden toy banter” section of this message board, so I’m sure your in the right place to get some good advice on what to do and how to move forward, it definitely sounds like it’s a very complex and frustrating predicament that you have found yourself dealing with. Life does have a way of testing one’s resolve from time to time.
//////////

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Go to bed and hope it doesn't chew the baby's face off while you sleep. In the morning, move back home like the other scared transplants. Also try not living in filth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3388660/Four-month-old-baby-dies-Mexico-RATS-chewed-face-mother-18-left-home-party.html

Lol gonna pray tonight your mom gets cancer soon and I’m sure it will work, when she find out she’s rotting away from the inside out remember this post, hope she suffers

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
Get a couple of snakes

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • old and in the way

jesus christ dude

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
Get a couple of snakes

Been trying to sell her on getting a cat this might put it over the line

dannyprovolone

Just move to a better neighborhood

You got this bro

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
we'll be right over and get this sorted
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
    • My Wife avatar image
Sorry to hear, try to keep your head up
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
peanut butter and some old fashion traps work really well.

i had a ton of mice when i lived in Toronto. They would start scurrying around as soon as we stopped moving, but they never climbed into our bed. They ate our food, they shit on the floor, they were noisy when we were trying to sleep, but they never tried fight with us.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hey guys,

Right now it’s just shy of one am here in New York. About twenty minutes ago I spotted an unknown object scamper across the room out of the corner of my eye. Long story short there’s some sort of rodent creature either a small rat or a mouse in my apartment, it has a long tail but it’s small. I think it’s in the corner behind a bookshelf so I tried to build a barricade and put my girl’s yorkie in there to at least flush it out but the dog is an actual runt and her organs are too big for her body so I’m asking a lot from her to kill a rat. My girl wants me to kill it with a broom because my infant son lives with us. Please give me any advice. I think I am going to try to coexist with him because he’s been here a couple days now I think, thought I saw him last night but at the time i dismissed it because it was 3am and I thought I was seeing things. Might just get some glue traps in the morning. Please help guys

Make this the landlord's problem, he should send over pest control

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
Expand Quote
Get a couple of snakes
[close]

Been trying to sell her on getting a cat this might put it over the line
Cats are tuf. I've had a bunch over the years some couldn't or wouldn't catch a mouse if it was already half dead and placed in front of them others trek for miles and kill everything smaller than them in the entire area. You don't know what you're gonna get.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1510
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I have traps in my garage and cats in the main living area.

Figure if you're dumb enough to end up in one of my traps maybe Darwin selected you not to continue.

Glue trap hidden in a box with a hole in it near the rodent inhabited area should catch it quick if placed against the wall as earlier stated.

There are plenty of rodents so I can't shed too many tears even though I had a pet rat that would escape its cage to wake me up as a kid. I also released 27 or so pet mice into a field near my elementary school around age 9 because nobody told me and my brothers about mice fucking. A good number of them were ironically named after thundercats characters because they were popular around that time. I would marvel at them every time the groundskeepers would mow the field. The mice would be jumping just ahead of the mowers like miniature dolphins in the surf of tall grass.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 104

thebacker

cover yourself with mud so the rat's thermal sights can't see you and then you can perform a sneak attack on it.

veritas

Expand Quote

[close]

Lol gonna pray tonight your mom gets cancer soon and I’m sure it will work, when she find out she’s rotting away from the inside out remember this post, hope she suffers

Try praying your way out of that rat problem first weirdo, I can see how well prayer is working for you. Maybe stop collecting piss bottles and tell your baby momma to shop shitting out illegitimate bastard kids is option 2. Or just create an onlyfans for that whore and you can eventually move your accidental kids out that tent on the sidewalk. Also cut down on the fentanyl budget and maybe (lol) you won't have to die in squalor lmao good luck!

https://nypost.com/2022/08/31/newborn-babys-leg-possibly-found-in-nyc-sewer-police-sources/

Your son after the rats start serving him a la carte through UberEats
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 05:48:32 AM by veritas »

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Try praying your way out of that rat problem first weirdo, I can see how well prayer is working for you. Maybe stop collecting piss bottles and tell your baby momma to shop shitting out illegitimate bastard kids is option 2. Or just create an onlyfans for that whore and you can eventually move your accidental kids out that tent on the sidewalk. Also cut down on the fentanyl budget and maybe (lol) you won't have to die in squalor lmao good luck!

you could have just answered my pm man? wherever you want to link up i got you. oh wait youre a huge pussy

veritas

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

you could have just answered my pm man? wherever you want to link up i got you. oh wait youre a huge pussy

Post your threats publicly loser, you should be more concerned with trying to avoid this event in your future.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
That devolved into various forms of death wishing pretty quickly.

PRISON IKE

• Rep: 37
  • Flex seal, but for genitalia
Shit got rowdy fast.
I’d skin my knee and palms so bad on my buddy’s jump ramp with that thing.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Post your threats publicly loser, you should be more concerned with trying to avoid this event in your future.

So you don't want to fight? Weird to talk all crazy to people unprovoked then not want to link up with them

Expand Quote
[close]
Shit got rowdy fast.

I have no idea why he is so upset

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
Weird to pm internet strangers to try and schedule fights with them, when you’re a grown man with children you’re responsible for.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
Weird to pm internet strangers to try and schedule fights with them, when you’re a grown man with children you’re responsible for.

I would be completely justified in reacting that way if somebody said that to my face, we all would be. Fuck off with the civility politics you worm. Nothing I have ever said on here warrants that evil of a response. If you're going to moralize to somebody maybe start with the guy instigating.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

So you don't want to fight? Weird to talk all crazy to people unprovoked then not want to link up with them

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Shit got rowdy fast.
[close]

I have no idea why he is so upset
Don't worry, both of you are handling the situation in a perfectly reasonable fashion.

Get hungry on it!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
So have you gotten the rat out or are you still waiting for slap to solve the problem for you?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
Don't worry, both of you are handling the situation in a perfectly reasonable fashion.

How would you handle it?

So have you gotten the rat out or are you still waiting for slap to solve the problem for you?

Got some traps down gonna go run errands to coax it out, at this point it's a waiting game. Will report back ASAP if any significant updates.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
You should dm the rodent and try and schedule a fight with it