Author Topic: Slappy trucks (Mike Sinclair's new brand)  (Read 48045 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1042
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Slappy trucks (Mike Sinclair's new brand)
« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2024, 01:55:16 PM »
Does the no wheelbite thing on these trucks affect pinch on crooks?

Not at all...they turn in a bit like aces before you actually bite - it's not 'no' wheelbite, it's 'less' wheelbite. Every truck will wheelbite.

https://youtu.be/N2q3klwBkMQ?t=210
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 02:12:33 PM by Xen »

Ghost Face

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2024, 12:06:05 AM »
The IKP thing seems like it's a really easy solve. I wonder if they consciously limited it bc the threads marred on the sleeve?

I think the thread's are limited to stop people over tightening and pushing the kingpin through the board.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

finecojeffe

• Rep: 141
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #422 on: May 27, 2024, 10:30:37 AM »
Tossed some kreeper kingpins in and they worked. More threads so you have the potential of hitting the board

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • Get bent
« Reply #423 on: May 28, 2024, 07:04:15 AM »
I need to stay off these truck pages im second guessing my comeback setup now
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #424 on: May 28, 2024, 07:40:40 AM »
if you leave the trucks "stock" like where the nut is perfectly flush with the bolt - will you still shred the top bushing with the stock top washer?
is there a different brand washer like Indy i could put on to stop this? I have a set of indy med-hard (the blue ones) bushings that would probably work awesome in these trucks (if they fit). Or at least just change the top bushing?

CarcassToss

• Rep: 72
« Reply #425 on: May 28, 2024, 08:09:31 AM »
Ya dude literally every truck is good these days. Royals have good reviews, Slappys are good, I wouldn't be shocked if the Destructos were good, people were liking Tensor ATG even! There are so many compelling cases for each that you could pick one at random and not be hindered. At the same time, I know from riding friends boards that I take a long time to adjust to gear changes (but can) and want to avoid that. Dunno what I'll do when I get Lurpivs.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #426 on: May 28, 2024, 09:20:56 AM »
if you leave the trucks "stock" like where the nut is perfectly flush with the bolt - will you still shred the top bushing with the stock top washer?
is there a different brand washer like Indy i could put on to stop this? I have a set of indy med-hard (the blue ones) bushings that would probably work awesome in these trucks (if they fit). Or at least just change the top bushing?

The stock washer comes very 'cupped' rounded top but pretty long on the sides of the bushing,  this is what digs in, switch to more of a 'cap' washer (Indy or ace) or flat and you should be fine....if it's surface area isn't to big, because it will bind if so (when riding loose).

smg1138

• Rep: 64
« Reply #427 on: May 28, 2024, 04:33:52 PM »

Save yourself now because truck madness is the absolute worst  :P

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #428 on: May 28, 2024, 05:52:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Save yourself now because truck madness is the absolute worst  :P

The worst of the worst for sure (unless you only skate transition, then it's easier).

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: June 01, 2024, 09:38:11 AM »
10" Curb Killers

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #430 on: June 01, 2024, 01:55:43 PM »
Damnit I feel the needle moving…. I’m gonna end up with some slappy lows, hopefully with some 52s I won’t wheelbite too crazy
You want some queso?”

k-nutz

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #431 on: June 02, 2024, 05:18:22 AM »
Damnit I feel the needle moving…. I’m gonna end up with some slappy lows, hopefully with some 52s I won’t wheelbite too crazy

Is that the ideal slappy (trick not truck) wheel size?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: June 02, 2024, 10:25:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Doesn't make a difference really, anything will work. Some wheels shape or wheels sizes tend to be a bit easier to roll onto the curbs, just depends on if it's angled/slanted/rounded edged. Technique trumps gear but any edge you can get is good to have.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #433 on: June 03, 2024, 08:04:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol I don’t really do slappys…. I learned them frontside and that’s about it, I skate a lot of flat, ledges and manny pads, haven’t really felt the itch to spend an afternoon in a parking lot with a curb, but tastes change and it does seem like fun, I prefer low trucks, have been on ace lows with hard bushings, the metal is softer and I’m not a fan of the way they grind, it’s always a chore to push something further, and everyone says that these are made with a harder metal and they grind better also I’ve always wanted a pair of ikp trucks so these may finally push me over to the dark side
You want some queso?”

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2024, 11:12:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

lol I don’t really do slappys…. I learned them frontside and that’s about it, I skate a lot of flat, ledges and manny pads, haven’t really felt the itch to spend an afternoon in a parking lot with a curb, but tastes change and it does seem like fun, I prefer low trucks, have been on ace lows with hard bushings, the metal is softer and I’m not a fan of the way they grind, it’s always a chore to push something further, and everyone says that these are made with a harder metal and they grind better also I’ve always wanted a pair of ikp trucks so these may finally push me over to the dark side

It's a long wait until the slappy lows fall release tho. =(

As for 52s...man, I don't know maybe with some harder bushings or if you ride super tight. Sub 50mm trucks usually need equivilent or smaller sized wheels. The ACE lows with hard bushings and 50mm wheels were on point for that style of setup tho....just always felt I was defeating the purpose of getting ACEs at that point...weird that ACE low, Slappy low, Forged Mindy...ML...all similar style trucks provide the lowest options yet they're the turniest trucks but Venture lo are becoming extinct and only 147s are in the 'low' space.

Amocat

• Rep: 2
« Reply #435 on: June 03, 2024, 02:10:37 PM »
Skatewarehouse seems to have 100a slappy bushings, also 85a. Pic looks like same awful top washer. Not seeing these on the slappy website or anywhere else yet. I’m happy on 96a Indy but may try these anyway.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Slappy_Standard_100a_Bushings_2_Truck/descpage-SY100BU.html

Edit: shoplurker show ccs also has them.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #436 on: June 03, 2024, 02:38:51 PM »
Yeah that’s the trash washer…I threw the stocks back in with both a thicker sleeved washer and put an extra bones washer on top, gave me enough room to tighten the IKP it where I needed.

Problem is fucked with them so much there is next to grab on the nylock.

Those bushings are legit btw.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 05:37:23 PM by Xen »

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #437 on: June 03, 2024, 03:53:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's a long wait until the slappy lows fall release tho. =(

As for 52s...man, I don't know maybe with some harder bushings or if you ride super tight. Sub 50mm trucks usually need equivilent or smaller sized wheels. The ACE lows with hard bushings and 50mm wheels were on point for that style of setup tho....just always felt I was defeating the purpose of getting ACEs at that point...weird that ACE low, Slappy low, Forged Mindy...ML...all similar style trucks provide the lowest options yet they're the turniest trucks but Venture lo are becoming extinct and only 147s are in the 'low' space.

Yea it’s a bad time to be a low rider
You want some queso?”

Goggzy60

• Rep: 6
« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2024, 04:01:10 PM »
Ya dude literally every truck is good these days. Royals have good reviews, Slappys are good, I wouldn't be shocked if the Destructos were good, people were liking Tensor ATG even! There are so many compelling cases for each that you could pick one at random and not be hindered. At the same time, I know from riding friends boards that I take a long time to adjust to gear changes (but can) and want to avoid that. Dunno what I'll do when I get Lurpivs.

I love destructos I ride D1s with bones bushings on my 8.5 board for parks and d2s with bones bushings with ikps on my 8.9 for street/curbs both are 5.75