Author Topic: Kingdom Come - Tyshawn Jones  (Read 10614 times)

tadej Pog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Kingdom Come - Tyshawn Jones
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2022, 03:47:55 PM »
Im very confuse about the Ether song... He was playing take over in his gram after GH  beef.

Its cleary direct to Nyjah....but Ether is the hardest diss track ever, this part is not hardies than Nyjah one.
Miss you Rusty Berings

payme223

• Rep: -3
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2022, 03:55:54 PM »
this shit was lame. TFUNK for SOTY

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2022, 03:58:49 PM »
Great tricks but agree that this could have been in the General.

Imagine Nyjah would have gone for the trickle approach. Could have had a 10 'part' year.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2022, 04:13:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TJ’s board graphic is great. I’m much more optimistic now.

mansa musa graphic is actually super sick. if his boards keep the theme of historical kings id 100% buy a couple just for the wall.

musa is one of my favourite historical figures, dude balled out and flexed his wealth harder than anyone in history, basically went on a world tour to tell everyone how rich he was. wherever he went he over inflated their economy by just throwing gold at everyone in the streets

[close]
[close]

Wow, what an awesome role model!

Lol it also says his wealth came from the slave and ivory trade, uhh okay
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

flempa1one

• Rep: -17
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2022, 04:31:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Shoulda just released the general as one part.
[close]

I see this argument popping up a lot, but I believe it's off base. Keep in mind that these videos are marketing material at their core. While we often think of footage as an end in itself, the purpose of all parts/promos/full length vids is to drive sales. A longer Hardies part doesn't do the trick for King Skateboards, that company needs its own marketing. It's sensible to split up the footage, especially if the skater in question also owns both companies. That's a basic business decision.

you suck

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2022, 04:46:53 PM »

Is conquering neighboring lands and enslaving thousands of people a year cool again or did I miss something.?

I thought we were taking down statues of slave owners and not idolizing them anymore, or is this some how different.?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2022, 04:50:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is conquering neighboring lands and enslaving thousands of people a year cool again or did I miss something.?

I thought we were taking down statues of slave owners and not idolizing them anymore, or is this some how different.?
here we go guys tyshawns demise is now. Nyjah has been cancelled, tfunks little ass kicked poor man Lennie in the head. Our king (lol) from here on out is and always has been, is Louie Lopez. Soty ❤️

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2022, 05:17:50 PM »
should've just put all that stuff in play dead

I agree with this, and the best stuff from the general. Then put all the other stuff into another part with the other dudes on the king squad and it would've potentially hit harder.

I was pulling for TJ cuz the dude is amazing but I'm not to confident he's got it in the bag with that...even though that bs nollie heel flip is impossible.

burner

• Rep: 94
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2022, 07:30:52 PM »

Imagine Nyjah would have gone for the trickle approach. Could have had a 10 'part' year.

More amazing tricks from Tyshawn, but have to also agree that would’ve loved to see all this footage in one part (not three), and it would have been all time. I really enjoy Tyshawn’s skating, it’s just incomprehensible to me how he pops so high, and great tricks and spots. So perhaps on a selfish note, it’s frustrating to see all the amazing footage get spread out over The General, Kingdom Come, and Supreme last part (and the redo of the switch ollie too, now lost to instagram), so fans have to chase three parts rather than just one banger. I think your Nyjah comparison is fair, Nyjah could’ve spread it out considerably but kept it all in one place for impact and posterity, and that’s great for his fans too. Definitely not hating on TJ footage (...some second angles would’ve been nice...) but looking forward to hopefully future seeing all these parts being edited together into one of the greatest parts ever.

burner

• Rep: 94
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2022, 07:38:12 PM »

Definitely, this looks great. This really changes my optics of the brand, so hopefully the crown king logo just fades out and more of this. I would’ve never bought a king crown deck, but this is nice, would buy for sure.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2022, 07:43:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
the source art is cool, but squishing this down to fit on a board isn't a great graphic, it looks cheap and lame like the rest of his brand's aesthetic. it would work better as a graphic if the elements were arranged in a collage style, but, he's not on FA anymore.

completely unoriginal graphic with nothing changing it from the historical image he stole, still only slightly better than the wordart crown

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2022, 07:49:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
here we go guys tyshawns demise is now. Nyjah has been cancelled, tfunks little ass kicked poor man Lennie in the head. Our king (lol) from here on out is and always has been, is Louie Lopez. Soty ❤️

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 42
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2022, 11:43:45 PM »
Yeah I hate that board graphic. And I was hoping for a team vid with a TJ part.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2022, 03:58:12 AM »
I feel like Suciu SOTY really cemented the precedent that a winner should have 3+ parts in a year, which is too bad.
Not to say I'm disappointed with this, because there are a handful of amazing tricks.
Moreover, just having to judge 3+ parts from each candidate is a bit tedious.

It was cool when Mason did it. Dude was obviously taking advantage of all the spots being open.

Anyone recall when Jake Phelps said something along the lines of "you cant campaign for this shit"? Are those days gone or something?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2022, 04:25:10 AM »
Expand Quote
I feel like Suciu SOTY really cemented the precedent that a winner should have 3+ parts in a year, which is too bad.
Not to say I'm disappointed with this, because there are a handful of amazing tricks.
[close]

It was cool when Mason did it. Dude was obviously taking advantage of all the spots being open.

Anyone recall when Jake Phelps said something along the lines of "you cant campaign for this shit"? Are those days gone or something?
It's why I think there needs to be different categories. At least part of the year and trick of the year as well as overall soty could kind of clear things up a bit

tadej Pog

« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2022, 05:57:22 AM »
No spitfire part, no SOTY.
Miss you Rusty Berings

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2022, 08:59:13 AM »
Tyshawn skating trashcans in NYC is one of the most beautiful sights nature has to offer.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2022, 09:00:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mason also released parts throughout the year so it felt organic

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2022, 09:14:32 AM »
No spitfire part, no SOTY.

Am I crazy? I feel like another part is coming considering he was filming at the tables again.

Spitfire would make perfect sense to me.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -273
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2022, 11:46:38 PM »

This is a great point, if this counts as a “part” Nyjah could have released something like this every 2 months for the whole year.

With that being said, TJ is the fucking man, and has a spot at the round table with Wes, Ishod and GT.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1529
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2022, 01:09:49 AM »
going for soty with a last minute push of either one overly long epic or 3-4 parts in a span of a month is both stupid. a proper soty would release these 3 minute parts over the whole year

wheelchair skitch

• Rep: -19
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2022, 02:53:21 AM »
I love how people expect there to be rules and regulations and some organization deciding who wins soty like its the fucking oscars. At the end of the day it's a marketing campaign from a magazine that generates lots of free content and helps boost thrasher's awareness and sales.
BE LIKE WATER

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2022, 09:50:42 AM »

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2022, 10:07:29 AM »
I love how people expect there to be rules and regulations and some organization deciding who wins soty like its the fucking oscars. At the end of the day it's a marketing campaign from a magazine that generates lots of free content and helps boost thrasher's awareness and sales.

Exactly.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2022, 11:00:24 AM »
was the first song a nod to Marcus McBride ?

tadej Pog

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2022, 11:07:47 AM »
The lamest thing is lounch a brand that have 3 riders with only one skating.
Miss you Rusty Berings

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2022, 12:28:11 PM »
The lamest thing is lounch a brand that have 3 riders with only one skating.

Heard they're launching the other parts after lunch, sit tight
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2022, 03:34:56 PM »
As everyone else said, his song selection is wild. Subliminally using Ether to shit on the haters is some real G shit. Switch noseblunt was sick and the heeflip up the curb looked like he turned on the no gravity cheat

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -238
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2022, 06:58:19 PM »
Expand Quote
should've just put all that stuff in play dead
[close]
Would have made more sense to delay The General until he finished the full part. This footage was great, but would have hit harder if he had a really solid part.

Also, there’s no need for 2 songs in a 2-minute part. What is this, The Storm?