Author Topic: Why is Dan Corrigan such an annoying dumbass?  (Read 41044 times)

Sick_McCrank_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -489
Re: Why is Dan Corrigan such an annoying dumbass?
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2023, 08:51:33 AM »
Saw dan at manzanita park the other day. He was throwing a huge bitch fit because he couldn't back nosegrind and kept overwaxing the ledge, complaining about how old he is, and talking shit to kids who are just trying to walk past him in that narrow park. he ended up throwing his board into the middle of the little bowl while some kid was in there and leaving.

I can kinda relate to that haha except the talking shit to people. I don’t vocalize my thoughts, because I don’t wanna be the bitter bald old dude. Facing getting old is not easy.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 17
  • fresh
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2023, 09:01:11 AM »
i actually feel sorry for him for whatever issue with his teeth that he has, there is a huge social stigma against having fucked up teeth in the usa and he's probably not making enough money from his powell sponsorship and youtube vids to cover getting them fixed
google pics of him and one showed him with fixed teeth on insta. march 04 2023 so mayb he bought like dentures or sum shit. i still think hes a kook and do not watch his content.
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

mrselfdestruct

• fresh

Troubadour26

• Rep: 96
« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2023, 09:36:40 AM »
Expand Quote
i actually feel sorry for him for whatever issue with his teeth that he has, there is a huge social stigma against having fucked up teeth in the usa and he's probably not making enough money from his powell sponsorship and youtube vids to cover getting them fixed
[close]
google pics of him and one showed him with fixed teeth on insta. march 04 2023 so mayb he bought like dentures or sum shit. i still think hes a kook and do not watch his content.

this post is fucking hilarious

Denim Pizza

• Rep: -105
« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2023, 09:52:07 AM »
Dan Corrigan, John Hill, and Aaron Kyro walk into a bar……

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2023, 10:00:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

this post is fucking hilarious
im glad someone found me funny. hope you dont have shit teeth.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 121
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2023, 10:12:57 AM »

Banned from the room

« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2023, 12:07:25 PM »
I hope he keeps filming with Spencer.
That kids style is sick af.

I like the recent series of videos very much.

I think Powell is pretty sick these days. Full 180 from back in the. It's much cooler imo. There's still kook shit but it's not front and center like back in then.

The product is outstanding. I can't wait to try a flight board this winter.

Id bet Penny is Spencer's favorite skater maybe?

Positive things from the Dan show.

The Dan Show has inspired me to try tons of new tricks I'd never consider with out the show.

Slappy Bennett. I try them all the time but I can't do it yet. Raily. I always clipped my back wheels before I saw the raily way. I can't do it like that but I try.

I learned  Victor is the boss of shaped boards and can hardflip the big set on dragons no prob.

I think I learned that
Powell has new shapes coming. I think he said compact WB big boards. That's sick.

I want an 8.75. I'll have one as soon. New wb or not but I also found out.

Powell uses my dish concave.

I prefer to have my boards flat in the center with the concave towards the rails. I like the way cupsole shoes feel like they lock into that concave.

I also learned some craziness about California Hotels and plastic eggs for an old video. I can't stop thinking about it. It's gross

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2023, 01:24:00 PM »

I think Powell is pretty sick these days. Full 180 from back in the. It's much cooler imo. There's still kook shit but it's not front and center like back in then.

The Dan Show has inspired me to try tons of new tricks I'd never consider with out the show.

Slappy Bennett. I try them all the time but I can't do it yet. Raily. I always clipped my back wheels before I saw the raily way. I can't do it like that but I try.

I learned  Victor is the boss of shaped boards and can hardflip the big set on dragons no prob.

I think I learned that
Powell has new shapes coming. I think he said compact WB big boards. That's sick.

I prefer to have my boards flat in the center with the concave towards the rails. I like the way cupsole shoes feel like they lock into that concave.

I also learned some craziness about California Hotels and plastic eggs for an old video. I can't stop thinking about it. It's gross

you too man. brush them shits. gum disease can lead to cardiovascular issues. you need to be doing these fried free association reviews about crest prohealth and an electric toothbrush w/ cavitybuster (tm) head

Veggie.Wav

• Rep: 6
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2023, 01:47:55 PM »
just brush them

No time to brush when you gotta hunt down meth
my ass is stink

slapcurbsnotwomen

• Rep: 19
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2023, 02:02:39 PM »
I hate Dan with such a passion

Banned from the room

« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2023, 03:50:42 PM »
Expand Quote

I think I learned that

[close]

you too man. brush them shits. gum disease can lead to cardiovascular issues. you need to be doing these fried free association reviews about crest prohealth and an electric toothbrush w/ cavitybuster (tm) head

My shits over yo. It was a good fight.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2023, 10:09:28 AM »
I rarely click on his videos but they're mostly ok. The one thing that bothers me is his setup. He skates a long wheelbase and wide deck and his short legs make it look like a longboard. Makes every trick look like shit even though he's extremely good at skating

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2023, 10:21:15 AM »
I rarely click on his videos but they're mostly ok. The one thing that bothers me is his setup. He skates a long wheelbase and wide deck and his short legs make it look like a longboard. Makes every trick look like shit even though he's extremely good at skating

I decided to click on one of his videos the other day and his board setup relative to his height did make it look like a longboard. Good call there. My stance on him has softened over time. I used to be an avid hater of his content but he occasionally puts out a decent video. He's nowhere near as bad as some of the other YouTubers like Jason Park and Ricky Glaser. That video he did recently where he discussed fs flips definitely helped me unlock that trick for good.

AceBoogie

• Rep: -37
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2023, 10:48:07 AM »
Visually saw dan at Poods skatepark a few weeks ago really early in the morning.
He was trying some trick and when he'd mess up i distictly heard him saying the N WORD
a few times.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2023, 10:52:03 AM »
Visually saw dan at Poods skatepark a few weeks ago really early in the morning.
He was trying some trick and when he'd mess up i distictly heard him saying the N WORD
a few times.
If y’all are trolling, stuff like this isn’t funny.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2023, 10:52:56 AM »
a few times.

Can you really be sure that was Dan Corrigan and not just some random homeless dude?

AceBoogie

• Rep: -37
« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2023, 10:56:20 AM »
pretty sure it was him.
selfie stick and abundance of unkept chest hair spilling over his crewneck.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2023, 11:01:57 AM »
Is there any irony in his name being Dan “Core-again”?

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2023, 11:49:30 AM »
a few times.

Sure that wasn't Ricky?
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

MetalAnkleMan

« Reply #320 on: November 08, 2023, 12:11:16 PM »
IMO John Hill is more cringe

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 129
« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2023, 12:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote
a few times.
[close]

Sure that wasn't Ricky?

It was the ghost of Jake Phelps.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #322 on: November 09, 2023, 04:37:08 AM »
I wonder if Dan kept his old teeth somewhere.That question is hunting me.

Nah as someone who had it done I can almost guarantee there wasn't much left to save. When theyre fucked like that they don't "pull" them the classic way since a lot of the teeth will just crumble or break at the gum line when you clamp  down on them. They basically cut them out of your head in that situation. I asked the doc to save mine initially but then when I saw that it was just a bunch of gross fragments I decided against it.

breezy_again

• Rep: 56
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #323 on: November 09, 2023, 04:49:09 AM »

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -22
« Reply #324 on: November 09, 2023, 08:45:31 AM »
I skated with Dan in DC around 2014 or 2015 before his huge youtube following, i think at the time he was still working construction or some shit, he was killing pulaski and pretty mellow to talk to, also witnessed him ride on lipslide yank out on this crazy rail that he easily could have died on if he fell off the other side right next to a police station. Dude is bananas, people gonna judge him cause hes doing the tube thing, shit all of us at some point probably wanted to take a stab at trying to make skate content and make a living off it. Haters gonna hate, do ya thing Dan!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #325 on: November 09, 2023, 11:50:24 AM »
Expand Quote
a few times.
[close]

Can you really be sure that was Dan Corrigan and not just some random homeless dude?

Pre teeth glow up that would have been a lot harder to tell
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #326 on: November 09, 2023, 01:30:03 PM »
I skated with Dan in DC around 2014 or 2015 before his huge youtube following, i think at the time he was still working construction or some shit, he was killing pulaski and pretty mellow to talk to, also witnessed him ride on lipslide yank out on this crazy rail that he easily could have died on if he fell off the other side right next to a police station. Dude is bananas, people gonna judge him cause hes doing the tube thing, shit all of us at some point probably wanted to take a stab at trying to make skate content and make a living off it. Haters gonna hate, do ya thing Dan!

There's lots of skate Youtubers I find very tolerable, Dan Corrigan is not one of them. Just go watch his Cariuma defense video and you'll see he's completely reactionary and a dipshit, just has no idea what he's talking about and basically says that anyone that disagrees is stupid or wrong.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #327 on: November 09, 2023, 04:09:41 PM »
Have yet to meet anyone that spent time with Dan who has anything positive to say about him besides “he’s great at skating, but…”
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Banned from the room

« Reply #328 on: November 09, 2023, 04:20:10 PM »

That's a good thought. I too agree that his wb might be too long. I think it's more about his trucks are too low. This in my opinion exaggerates lethargic pop.

I primarily rode low trucks back in the until I got a high set by accident and then went back to thunders that was about 48mm tall. Bad choice.

Dan's switch flips

I'm willing to bet he hasn't seriously worked on switch flips since he was a kid and boards was smaller and eventually was like whatever I got switch heels pretty good. They more g anyway. Fuck a switch flip.

I know how to fix ghost pop.

He's gotta utilize my Suddenly Unruly Kickflip Aerobic Discipline. To fix the switch flip and pull up and in for the big win.

You want your kickflips to look as close to what?
Your ollie's. This can fix it so they are formed exactly the same nearly everytime.

So

in a line you

Do switch Ollie then immediately where your feet land Do Not scootch like luan and do switch flip as it lays. 

It's important not to set up perfectly because the way you've been setting up is obviously not working.

Yo

And when his tail does connect he's only doing half a flick and then lifts his flicking foot crazy high like he's
subconsciously expecting the board to hit his front foot like a FAKIE flip.

The exercise works tho. Everyone should try it.

If it's not working try a wider stance to slow down the flick.

With a wider stance you can really utilize the weight of the back truck to send it up into your proper flicking foot.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 05:11:22 PM by Uncle Flea »

Terminal

« Reply #329 on: November 09, 2023, 09:06:01 PM »
*probably because you continue to click on his links, just sayin'. He doesn't annoy me in the slightest and on the bright side, receives no revenue from me....