Author Topic: Ben Degros vlog  (Read 52975 times)

DarthDingusMaximus

Ben Degros vlog done
« Reply #420 on: December 14, 2023, 12:22:07 PM »
Well apart from his anti vaccination rhetoric I’m kinda sad he’s done with his channel.

https://youtu.be/uwCqOIoyFtw?si=w4eVNEYFxQi8g9cn

manysnakes

Re: Ben Degros vlog done
« Reply #421 on: December 14, 2023, 12:31:08 PM »
If only there were a thread where this two month old videos with more than 100,000 views had been discussed.

Frank Sobotka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 95
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #422 on: December 14, 2023, 12:34:10 PM »
Have you been in a coma?

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #423 on: December 14, 2023, 12:50:52 PM »
Have you been in a coma?
Yeah I haven’t been on here in awhile as well watched his videos so it’s a surprise to me.

FunnyBunny

• Rep: 18
« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2023, 01:05:47 PM »
Why do you say Ben’s anti vax?

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #425 on: December 14, 2023, 01:11:45 PM »
There was a thread about it a year ago or so also he mentioned something about it on his vlog, which to me it’s lame to say that shit when it’s unnecessary amongst the Covid-19’s conspiracies.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Ben Degros vlog
« Reply #426 on: December 31, 2023, 02:07:09 PM »

Oh snap

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #427 on: December 31, 2023, 02:52:37 PM »
Yeah just came to post this. Hope it's not all YouTube and money talk. 
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #428 on: December 31, 2023, 08:23:37 PM »
Based on the description, seems like he'll talk about Ted, his past addictions, etc so I'm hoping it follows the more traditional format that other pros on the show have done.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #429 on: January 01, 2024, 04:33:29 AM »

if there is anything i have learned in 2023 there is no point to even bring stuff like this up it will just bum people out, regardless what side they are or arent on. people are going to make their own choices about this shit and no need to try and push your personal take on anyone else (not saying you were trying to do that) i am just avoiding conversations about shit like this from now on. i have a couple friends who i like to talk to about this kind of stuff just so i dont go completely insane in my own thoughts but i have decided for me especially i will never discuss this type of shit online. i just cant for so many reasons.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #430 on: January 01, 2024, 06:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if there is anything i have learned in 2023 there is no point to even bring stuff like this up it will just bum people out, regardless what side they are or arent on. people are going to make their own choices about this shit and no need to try and push your personal take on anyone else (not saying you were trying to do that) i am just avoiding conversations about shit like this from now on. i have a couple friends who i like to talk to about this kind of stuff just so i dont go completely insane in my own thoughts but i have decided for me especially i will never discuss this type of shit online. i just cant for so many reasons.
Yup. There’s so many fucking kooks out there, I’d rather just not know.

Glad he’s on Nine Club. Good way to start the new year.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #431 on: January 01, 2024, 08:11:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yup. There’s so many fucking kooks out there, I’d rather just not know.

Glad he’s on Nine Club. Good way to start the new year.
Yeah I think I was bummed about his personal stuff, but I’m hyped for him and his channel. Glad he’s got on the nine club.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #432 on: January 01, 2024, 07:47:12 PM »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #433 on: January 02, 2024, 11:54:38 AM »
bummed they did not talk more about skating in vancouver and about Ted. did not touch on the addiction thing at all like they claimed in the headline - not that i even necessarily want to hear about it (ok i do a little bit) - but why are you trying to sell the podcast when he touched on that for like, 10 seconds...

a lot of the stuff he said in this interview he has said in his videos already - but i would say he does kind of give a really really good synopsis of what his entire channel is about. to the point where if you havent checked it out already you would probably be pretty interested to go back and watch the old videos.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1974
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #434 on: January 02, 2024, 05:02:08 PM »
They go off tangent but Ben's good at pulling them back on track. I'm surprised Kelly Hart is getting more tolerable, his fanboy enthusiasm helps guide the conversation and will let the guest open up.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

D10S

• Rep: -59
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #435 on: January 03, 2024, 05:58:10 AM »
imagine a ben x roger podcast and they interview Paul Schmitt 

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #436 on: January 03, 2024, 06:03:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah well said.  it’s just unhealthy and I don’t give a shit anymore. It’s just a one way ticket into a rage slide of us vs them and we’re all fuckin trying and struggling and sliding around in this world.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #437 on: January 03, 2024, 07:27:13 AM »
They go off tangent but Ben's good at pulling them back on track. I'm surprised Kelly Hart is getting more tolerable, his fanboy enthusiasm helps guide the conversation and will let the guest open up.
As annoying and memable as his laughing can be, he is usually the most researched guy on the show even if it's an accidental byproduct of his nerdery.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #438 on: January 03, 2024, 07:37:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
As annoying and memable as his laughing can be, he is usually the most researched guy on the show even if it's an accidental byproduct of his nerdery.

His encyclopedia knowledge of 411s and 2000s era skate videos helped the Arto episode out.

2 hours with Ben seemed just long enough for his audience who have been following him for years, nothing we didn't already know but he deserves the shine after doing YT for 7 (?) years. He took an alternative path to the industry and he can finally enjoy some custom made shapes from DLX which is all he ever wanted.

Re his anti-vax stance: I'll level that 2020 - 2022 was a rough and strange time for the global population and will bring out the conspiracy theorist in everyone.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

manysnakes

« Reply #439 on: January 03, 2024, 07:51:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah well said.  it’s just unhealthy and I don’t give a shit anymore. It’s just a one way ticket into a rage slide of us vs them and we’re all fuckin trying and struggling and sliding around in this world.

Truly only the most tedious people are still attempting to litigate the vax/anti-vax argument in 2024.

FWIW, as I recall, the only thing Ben did was express skepticism in an Instagram story and then say he wasn’t going to publicly discuss his political opinions any more.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #440 on: January 03, 2024, 09:43:46 AM »
I was just stoked to hear Kelly say they were currently working on getting the Accel back to it's glory days.  Keep working on that Kelly.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #441 on: January 03, 2024, 10:49:48 AM »
I was just stoked to hear Kelly say they were currently working on getting the Accel back to it's glory days.  Keep working on that Kelly.

i feel like that ship has kinda sailed already personally... but i would give them another chance if an updated design were to come out. i would likely wait for reviews though.

also i cant believe ben didnt tell us what wheels he was going to use at the Venice Beach curbs... guess we will have to wait and see
i am guessing x formulas or 97a f4s. cant see him on OJs or anything like that but who knows.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #442 on: January 03, 2024, 12:38:49 PM »

I was hyped on that too, though it did make me lament the fact he’s not more transparent with es like that. Like with es fan base and buyers right now they should just lean into full transparency with plans. They’ve already embraced the ig skate shoe community and it’s working well , hopefully etnies takes notice and gives Ben some time.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #443 on: January 03, 2024, 06:27:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was hyped on that too, though it did make me lament the fact he’s not more transparent with es like that. Like with es fan base and buyers right now they should just lean into full transparency with plans. They’ve already embraced the ig skate shoe community and it’s working well , hopefully etnies takes notice and gives Ben some time.

Rework the sole of the Accel to improve durability - take some of the tech from Etnies Michelin / Emerica G6 to improve the soles on eS.

Give deserving pros like TJ / Asta / Wade actual pro models instead of just colorways - I know it's more cost effective to do colorways instead of signature shoes but if Aurelien and && can have one on Etnies so should the guys I mentioned above.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #444 on: January 03, 2024, 08:16:45 PM »
And I'm definitely ready to cop a shape he helps design for DLX.  He said the Slap Heads have to try everything new!

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1643
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #445 on: January 05, 2024, 06:27:05 PM »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 47
« Reply #446 on: January 06, 2024, 01:48:03 PM »
I don't usually listen to the nine club, but I might listen to this one. why do people bring up the anti wax thing? it doesn't matter any more. now its inflation and war. I have no strong opinion on either wax or anti wax. i got it so i could travel back then, but don't think about it any more, so should you. the world has to much division. peace!

manysnakes

« Reply #447 on: January 06, 2024, 02:06:11 PM »
Guess who's back?

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #448 on: January 06, 2024, 02:42:53 PM »
dam he makes skating looks tiring

Banned from the room

« Reply #449 on: January 06, 2024, 03:43:26 PM »
Who else has been watching Ben since day one?

I owe that guy. I was having trouble returning to tricks. And had spent 14 years riding soft wheels every day. Chopper bikes. Graffiti.

Then I blew out my knee like first month back. I watched the videos. I avoided getting hopelessly on drugs again.

I fuckin finished the Clinic right when it happened too so I was in extra pain. 12 years wasted on that crap. Along with being a long bloarder but on old craile stuff.

I had to skate I wasn't going to make it.

He gave me the drive to go get what I wanted back. I've gotten so much more out of it this time.

I'll always respect and appreciate the Pal up north.

May he skate a thousand years.

I owe you pals as much if not more.

I love skatebloarding in 2024. This is the best shit on the planet.

(So glad I didn't fall for Kyro like so many of the other ex junkies I know did) how?