Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread - Australia and New Zealand  (Read 5627 times)

burner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 90
Sale Gear Thread - Australia and New Zealand
« on: December 26, 2022, 03:27:48 AM »
Figured this should exist. I’ll start with a repost from aussie legend MBrimson88

Just when I thought everything here was done, OCD Skateshop (Australian / Aussie / AU / Oz) puts out an even bigger early sale for Boxing Day, which is nuts.

Select things only but boards definitely down and some other things like Dickies pants, clearance wheels, etc.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/

« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 03:25:55 AM by burner »

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
Re: Sale Gear Thread - Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 12:43:31 PM »
Good idea, Fast times is having a sale too for anyone into that. UPS is also having one: https://upsskateshop.com.au/collections/sale?page=1

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 05:05:38 PM »

Ha yeah, there are so many going on right now.

I still get all the emails from them, as well as seeing Instagram posts from some of the shops and there are ridiculous sales going on in some shops, so we are almost spoilt for choice, but most places have something going on.

Sad that I open some emails and think "Well that is a discount, but not one worth clicking on the link for..."

Anyway, besides OCD specific items sale, there are other % off from a number of the bigger online shops, so some to list right now I saw and can remember:

Kingpin 30% off everything

Boardworld  25% off everything

Kick Push 15% off everything

Boarders - 20% off everything

To be fair though, this is not supporting your local (if you have one that is worth supporting) but there were a lot of good deals on shops for walk in customers in specific areas.  I just don't live anywhere near any shops to make the travel worth it, being an hour or so away from everything.  Eg:

Parliament in Brisbane

Precinct on the Gold Coast

« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 05:15:05 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

burner

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 08:17:21 PM »

Ha yeah, there are so many going on right now.

I still get all the emails from them, as well as seeing Instagram posts from some of the shops and there are ridiculous sales going on in some shops, so we are almost spoilt for choice, but most places have something going on.

Sad that I open some emails and think "Well that is a discount, but not one worth clicking on the link for..."

Anyway, besides OCD specific items sale, there are other % off from a number of the bigger online shops, so some to list right now I saw and can remember:

Kingpin 30% off everything

Boardworld  25% off everything

Kick Push 15% off everything

Boarders - something?!?

To be fair though, this is not supporting your local (if you have one that is worth supporting) but there were a lot of good deals on shops for walk in customers in specific areas.  I just don't live anywhere near any shops to make the travel worth it, being an hour or so away from everything.  Eg:

Parliament in Brisbane

Precinct on the Gold Coast

Yeah man, spoiled for choice for sure. I end up just getting really particular about getting a specific something, then chase down the best price from a shop I trust. I hear you about "supporting the local", cos you got to actually have a local and they be worth supporting haha - but they're still out there and lucky if people live near them, that's great.

When I was just a grommet, my local for early 90s skate gear was Peninsula Surf (BEFORE it was PSC) and Ozmosis (BEFORE it was a chain store).....and now they are bought out by the big biz, like Zumiez, and are huge franchise. Funny how "supporting the local" turns out!!! ;D ;D ;D

(but for real, support your local ;D).

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 11:42:18 AM »
Tiago's and 808's at that price is soo good .  Tempting but
I already spent money at fast times sale got some Kalynx

email yesterday UPS sale goes online this morning at 8

burner

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 04:41:48 PM »
Tiago's and 808's at that price is soo good .  Tempting but
I already spent money at fast times sale got some Kalynx

email yesterday UPS sale goes online this morning at 8

Thanks man, that UPS sale got me, picked up another 3 boards I didn’t need!! ;D ;D ;D deck prices right now are just too crazy at less than $50AUD.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 08:51:37 PM »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 06:12:38 AM »
OCD have good sales and range but a few interactions with them they kinda seem like dicks. Am I wrong? Will support my local unless they don’t stock what I need.

burner

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 08:26:55 AM »
OCD have good sales and range but a few interactions with them they kinda seem like dicks. Am I wrong? Will support my local unless they don’t stock what I need.

Come on man, you're gonna have to elaborate on that one. OCD is your local? or your just using that as an example.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2022, 02:37:25 PM »
Good amount of passport on Surfstitch

https://www.surfstitch.com/deals/boardsports/skate/decks/pass%20port

Now down to $62 each with the extra 25% off sale items - still all sizes too, from 8, 8.125, 8.25, 8.38 and 8.5 with a couple of each when I checked.

What I always find crazy / stupid is the markdown schedule of these places.

Standard lines and stock that doesn't move quickly enough gets cleared out at sometimes wholesale or below, but then the same stuff will be back again next season or next year and they go through it all over again.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2022, 10:18:12 PM »
This is the major reason I switched over to dwindle decks

Rock bottom prices every 3-4 months and there are some gems hidden amongst those brands from time to time

burner

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2022, 09:46:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Come on man, you're gonna have to elaborate on that one. OCD is your local? or your just using that as an example.

Ima just gonna come back to this one, to answer Radcunt. Not sure what’s his experience with OCD, but I’ve never had any problems. Online inventory is solid, easy to use, orders are always ship super quick with Gov Post (Auspost) free tracked shipping over $50. I have been to the old shop plenty of times in the past (and been to the new shop once) and never had a problem just getting what I wanted. So basically, I’ve got no complaints and will continue to shop. I’m curious to know what Radcunt was on about, no customer should be getting bummed on trying to shop, so somethings gone wrong there, that’s a surprise to me but shit idk.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2022, 11:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote

Now down to $62 each with the extra 25% off sale items - still all sizes too, from 8, 8.125, 8.25, 8.38 and 8.5 with a couple of each when I checked.

Standard lines and stock that doesn't move quickly enough gets cleared out at sometimes wholesale or below, but then the same stuff will be back again next season or next year and they go through it all over again.
The only cool brand they have now are passport but still weird they keep restocking for stuff to just go on sale. Years ago they had like ten pages palace, Magenta, polar, dlx and i think toa stuff for like $20 a board. I regret not just buying the entire shop I prob could of had as much stock as most skate shops for like a grand.
They also have had dunks before which was my theory to why they bother having any skate hardware but I still doubt the math works out

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 10:49:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
The only cool brand they have now are passport but still weird they keep restocking for stuff to just go on sale. Years ago they had like ten pages palace, Magenta, polar, dlx and i think toa stuff for like $20 a board. I regret not just buying the entire shop I prob could of had as much stock as most skate shops for like a grand.
They also have had dunks before which was my theory to why they bother having any skate hardware but I still doubt the math works out

I worked for another large retailer that had a crazy markdown and clearance schedule.  Still seems like that is the case, but thankfully they don't seem to clear out the staples and solid lines any more, so someone got a clue.

As for Surfstitch, they seem to get almost full lots of Globe / Dwindle and Boardriders Dist brands, with only limited stock from others, but they just got in some more Project Dist stock not too long ago, not much, but it was still a reasonable drop - Eagle boards in 8.5, 8.25 and 8.0 along with Spitfire wheels in various sizes of a few styles, Conical Full and Classic mainly, then some other things like Grizzly grip.

Some stuff does sell quickly, but other stuff is a bit more random.

Any which way, it is always worth looking at what is on sale when the email pops up.

OCD sale is still going, but I think I have picked them clean of the things I was interested in and don't want to blow out my funds for the next month or so.

As to the OCD shop service, I am based in QLD, but the one (or maybe two) times I was down in VIC for work, I went in there to the old shop and it was a good experience.  For online orders which I have made many over the years, never had any issues and things were accurate and well shipped, or emails quickly for any issues / out of stock or whatever.

Coming from 20+ years of shop experience both behind the counter and going in to almost every skate shop on my travels round AU, there have only been a couple of places I didn't get a good vibe and I think those shops are no longer in operation, which makes sense.

I totally get that some people can have a not so good experience going in to a skate shop though, as I had seen some people not treated very well at the time, but more often than not it was either misunderstanding or lack of knowledge from the customer side, than anything else.

Not saying that was the case there for anyone, but it does happen.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2023, 02:40:53 AM »
I’ve only ever ordered from OCD online, and the one time they didn’t have what I wanted that they had advertised they took the time to call me and let me know the situation, they were apologetic and we came to a agreed outcome. They have my business in full.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2023, 02:56:34 AM »
OCD were full legends the one time I had a Convo with em on the phone.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2023, 02:58:59 AM »
OCD were full legends the one time I had a Convo with em on the phone.

My experience as well.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2023, 04:46:56 AM »
That’s great to hear, glad to know my experience is the exception as they’ve been my go to if my local doesn’t have / can’t get something.

Jtmc

• Rep: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2023, 06:04:19 AM »
OCD has been a great service and prices for me online. However have found out the hard way The wheel bases listed are not accurate. I'm guessing that's probably not their doing

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2023, 03:07:45 PM »
OCD has been a great service and prices for me online. However have found out the hard way The wheel bases listed are not accurate. I'm guessing that's probably not their doing

I think some other shop guys had said that certain shops and places actually measure every board that comes in.

That is fine for a smaller shop, but when you have hundreds of boards coming in at a time, that is near impossible so going by manufacturer or brand specs, often they get it wrong, some brands way more than others.

Example: I was surprised to learn / see that Passport 8.5 only have a 14.38 wb, when I thought they always had 14.5 wb, at least one I got not too long ago.

Polar boards are another good one - some listed as 14.5 which have 14.38 or so, or other boards from brands I can't recall right this minute that have the spec listings that are very much incorrect, but someone is just punching in numbers for the board listings from a spreadsheet, brand spec sheet or other info, so they definitely don't get it right all the time.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2023, 05:19:22 PM »

If your local skate shop doesn't have some things you want, there are a couple of places with big discounts right now.

Check Surfstitch for 30% off what seems like almost all skate goods right now.

Spitfire Formula Four wheels at $50 a set and Lil Smokies 51mm Classic $37 a set, just for starters.

Not sure how long it is on for either, but they have some decent stock and I would have bought a fair bit if I didn't already have enough myself.

https://www.surfstitch.com/boardsports/skate?srule=price-ascending&start=0&sz=100

Ebay also has 20% off until the end of the month, so everything on both Kingpin stores being significantly reduced too.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/kingpinstore

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/skateshoeshopozclearancestore

Enter code at checkout to redeem.
Hurry, your voucher expires 29/01/2023.
Terms and conditions apply.

BTSR20

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2023, 03:06:40 PM »

If your local skate shop doesn't have some things you want, there are a couple of places with big discounts right now.

Check Surfstitch for 30% off what seems like almost all skate goods right now.

Spitfire Formula Four wheels at $50 a set and Lil Smokies 51mm Classic $37 a set, just for starters.

Not sure how long it is on for either, but they have some decent stock and I would have bought a fair bit if I didn't already have enough myself.

https://www.surfstitch.com/boardsports/skate?srule=price-ascending&start=0&sz=100

Ebay also has 20% off until the end of the month, so everything on both Kingpin stores being significantly reduced too.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/kingpinstore

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/skateshoeshopozclearancestore

Enter code at checkout to redeem.
Hurry, your voucher expires 29/01/2023.
Terms and conditions apply.

BTSR20

Amazing got thunders, spitfires, bearings and bolts for the price of a pair of trucks.  Cheers!

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2023, 04:44:09 AM »
Decks going for as cheap as $50 Aud here. Lots of FA, Palace, Hockey, 917.

https://www.supplystore.com.au/sale

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2023, 04:52:56 AM »
Shout out to Supply for literally having a constant sale on Hockey/FA decks, it's mildly annoying they don't carry griptape but for $49 I can deal.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2023, 04:32:58 PM »

Any of you ever been in to the Supply store locations, or only ordered online?

I guess I had heard about them before, given they say they have been around since 2002, but the name never really popped up when I was travelling to Sydney or Melbourne so never stopped in to check them out.

Reminds me of another place or two that were around for a minute in Brisbane and although were interesting, I guess they never really had that footing between skate product and cool clothes to make enough impact to stick around.

Those deck prices are really good though.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2023, 04:58:27 PM »

I guess I had heard about them before, given they say they have been around since 2002, but the name never really popped up when I was travelling to Sydney or Melbourne so never stopped in to check them out.

Reminds me of another place or two that were around for a minute in Brisbane and although were interesting, I guess they never really had that footing between skate product and cool clothes to make enough impact to stick around.

I've bought from them online and Melb instore (which hasn't been around long). It's basically a high-end clothing boutique that carries some boards from "hip" brands like FA/Sci-Fi Fantasy/917 etc. and no hardware.

It's for sure more for the fashion/streetwear/sneaker crowd.

I might be wrong but they're attached to a big distributor in Sydney so maybe that's why they have such a huge online board section?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2023, 05:06:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've bought from them online and Melb instore (which hasn't been around long). It's basically a high-end clothing boutique that carries some boards from "hip" brands like FA/Sci-Fi Fantasy/917 etc. and no hardware.

It's for sure more for the fashion/streetwear/sneaker crowd.

I might be wrong but they're attached to a big distributor in Sydney so maybe that's why they have such a huge online board section?

Yeah that makes sense, Flipside Distribution (based in Sydney) comes up on the payment info.

Funny that some of those places are almost a "wall hangers only" sort of store, focussed more on the cool crowd, who usually have a lot more money to burn than skateboarders do, but when they need to get rid of a lot of stock like that, it would be skaters who would jump on the clearance decks and stock up.

Crazy (again) that those prices are below wholesale for normal shops from the distributors, yet anyone could buy them from there to then stock their own shop, if they were of that mind.

I am really only interested in the wood, not the brands or graphics, so might get a few to blank, but I am guessing they are all the super steep blunt shapes in those Hockey boards.  There are a couple of 917 boards there I am looking at too.

Any which way, it is not important, but if others can get decks at a great price, then so be it.

Edit:  six boards at $49.99 each with only $15 shipping is so good.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:26:38 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2023, 05:08:44 PM »

Also depending on which grip you like, Surfstitch still has 40% off over a certain amount spend, with plain black Jessup in stock down to $5.99 per sheet, then get other things to make it up to the required amount - trucks, bearings, etc and then you are set.