Author Topic: Luan of Nike.  (Read 28117 times)

Banned from the room

Re: Luan of Nike.
« Reply #210 on: March 06, 2023, 08:01:47 AM »
Thanks luan you ruined my day

Someone shit in his pillow case ok

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2023, 08:05:34 AM »
I'm and genuinely surprised by all these luan stans seemingly out of nowhere

Banned from the room

« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2023, 08:07:07 AM »
Those shoes are busted af

theknifesong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
  • wow!balls!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2023, 09:12:57 AM »

lmao at cariumaskateboarding replying to every negative comment and berrics liking every positive comment, it looks like borra’s out there lurking the ig 24/7

"gnarlee5.9
@karlitos_400 bruh what ? Lol.. cariuma a much better brand than nike if anything you should be gaining respect. Lame take."

This one, LOL!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2023, 09:42:14 AM »
glad he landed on a reputable company like caruma

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2023, 10:24:19 AM »
Man, cariuma has some deep pockets if they’re stealing Nike dudes. Really wonder who’s actually funding them.

Pretty sure you have to put out footage if you want to keep a nike sponsor. He’s not exactly a legacy pro who’s name alone sells.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2023, 10:37:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Man, cariuma has some deep pockets if they’re stealing Nike dudes. Really wonder who’s actually funding them.
[close]

Pretty sure you have to put out footage if you want to keep a nike sponsor. He’s not exactly a legacy pro who’s name alone sells.

Why do people think this was some big poach by cardibuma Instead of Luan just getting dropped from nike?

beautifulcannolis

• Rep: -5
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2023, 10:41:21 AM »
I commented on Luans instagram post he ended up blocking me. Surprised it took so long to be honest.

Was pretty cringe that the cariuma account was responding to all the negative with overly positive shit. I guess kill them with kindness will keep them marketable to non skaters but I almost wanted them to just say some aggressive shit, people might respect them a little more.

A question I pondered though, at this point what would it take for core skateboarding to really accept cariuma as not the corniest kookiest shit around ??

lesghettah

• Rep: -15
« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2023, 10:53:35 AM »

lmao at cariumaskateboarding replying to every negative comment and berrics liking every positive comment, it looks like borra’s out there lurking the ig 24/7

“We have nothing against you” lol

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2023, 12:58:50 PM »

Remastered part

He is so enjoyable to watch skate.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 30
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2023, 01:16:26 PM »
Little question but; why cariuma
is he so hated..? I can't figure it out.. the brand looks right, the shoes look nice to skate on, and I believe they have an eco-consciousness.. why so much hate? I remember when Nike and Adidas came, everyone hated them.. and now everyone likes or accepts haha

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2023, 03:05:10 PM »
is he so hated..? I can't figure it out.. the brand looks right, the shoes look nice to skate on, and I believe they have an eco-consciousness.. why so much hate? I remember when Nike and Adidas came, everyone hated them.. and now everyone likes or accepts haha
Ah, shit... You bought a pair, didn't you?
Zero cause to ask such a silly question unless you're wrestling with your questionable decision right now.
The reason's have been clearly laid out, ad nauseam, so I'll not list them here again in order to spare fellow users, but let me say that I am sorry about your purchase, and you are already forgiven for the error in judgement.
Now go have yourself a great day I try to ignore the sneers from fellow skaters.

Expand Quote

[close]

Did Cumorama poach our guy GK Satoshi from his sales rep job over at Gring King, or what?!?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2023, 06:15:08 PM »

Remastered part

fuck!!

I forgot how sick he was. Saw him at a street league once and I just couldnt believe it

Cariuma is disgusting though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

FrenchSkater

« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2023, 07:07:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Zero cause to ask such a silly question unless you're wrestling with your questionable decision right now.
The reason's have been clearly laid out, ad nauseam, so I'll not list them here again in order to spare fellow users, but let me say that I am sorry about your purchase, and you are already forgiven for the error in judgement.
Now go have yourself a great day I try to ignore the sneers from fellow skaters.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Did Cumorama poach our guy GK Satoshi from his sales rep job over at Gring King, or what?!?

Mistake dude, I didn't buy this at all 🤣 Just trying to figure it out haha

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2023, 10:45:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Mistake dude, I didn't buy this at all 🤣 Just trying to figure it out haha
All good, mon frère en skate.
I was just déconner avec toi.
Have a gnar for your good sense of humor.
If you’re still curious, we can play a detective game. I’ll give you some clues: bulldozer tactics, YouTube influencer pay-offs, zero trees planted.
Now you make like Inspector Hercule Poirot & solve the mystery.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2023, 11:21:41 PM »
Expand Quote

Remastered part

[close]

fuck!!

I forgot how sick he was. Saw him at a street league once and I just couldnt believe it

I saw him skate in Copenhagen once, so impressive. Watching him warm up was so sick, just rifling off flatground tricks, every try, so proper.

Cariuma is wack but he's got to make a living. Continue to skate professionally with Cariuma or get a real job type of situation, I would imagine.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2023, 12:43:08 AM »
Why this guy was never on primitive is beyond me.

Seems like a cool dude as well?
A typical case of "great skater, but lame sponsors".

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2023, 01:31:17 AM »

He'd be great on primitive
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2023, 02:14:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Remastered part

[close]

fuck!!

[close]

I saw him skate in Copenhagen once, so impressive. Watching him warm up was so sick, just rifling off flatground tricks, every try, so proper.

Cariuma is wack but he's got to make a living. Continue to skate professionally with Cariuma or get a real job type of situation, I would imagine.

Can confirm that it is straight up bizarre to watch him in the flesh - full speed, pop and just lands everything!

That part reminded me that at some point everybody seemed to be wearing tie-dye and went to china for filming (Am I correct in assuming it was around the time, when Skate 3 was still new?)

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2023, 02:56:07 AM »
Nah...Primitive is for productive guys.
Miss you Rusty Berings

bohemian

• Rep: -329
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2023, 03:56:01 AM »
hate cariuma all you want, but..

imagine you are a professional skateboarder, and your glory days are in the past. you have a family, a home and commitments. someone comes along offering you a bigger pay check than what you already got, in change for you to wear their shoes. you would be pretty stupid to turn them down, even if it upsets the edgelords on obscure internet forums.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2023, 04:54:51 AM »
hate cariuma all you want, but..

imagine you are a professional skateboarder, and your glory days are in the past. you have a family, a home and commitments. someone comes along offering you a bigger pay check than what you already got, in change for you to wear their shoes. you would be pretty stupid to turn them down, even if it upsets the edgelords on obscure internet forums.

hate me all you want, but...

being a pro skater like luan, who is not the most productive guy out there, probably gives you a ton of free time. i'm guessing he knew that a professional skater's career isn't eternal, and when he was still in street league and getting that nike check, he could have spent some of that free time on getting an education or learning a trade or something. i'm not phased by the fact that luan is on cariuma now since i don't care about both of them, but imagine if heath went from emerica to cariuma just to milk that skate shit for a couple more years. he would never do that, that's why he's got the respect of nearly every skater. we wouldn't speak so highly about all the pluhowskis, pappalardos if they started skating for wack ass companies when their big contracts fizzled out or whatever. i understand your/luan's point of view too, but it's not like there's nothing to do for him except skating, i mean if he asked nicely he could have probably gotten on that sb career development program if that's still around instead of going for the low hanging fruit and deciding to skate for possibly the most universally hated skate shoe company ever. on the other side people probably said the same about nike sb in their early years but then again they had legit legends on the team since the beginning, fuckin gino, richard mulder, reese forbes. luan's no gino, and who else do they have, mike v? lol

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2023, 05:51:05 AM »
all i see is Optimus Prime shoes

tadej Pog

« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2023, 06:00:12 AM »
Dude said in his instagram that was working in something big, but put an introducing with instagram clips level?!

I want be wrong but his career is over...just watch that tampa run.
Miss you Rusty Berings

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2023, 06:22:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Remastered part

[close]

fuck!!

[close]

[close]

Can confirm that it is straight up bizarre to watch him in the flesh - full speed, pop and just lands everything!

That part reminded me that at some point everybody seemed to be wearing tie-dye and went to china for filming (Am I correct in assuming it was around the time, when Skate 3 was still new?)

Skate 3 2010, push part 2015

IpathCats

« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2023, 06:53:58 AM »
The year is 2035

Every professional skateboarder is sponsored by Cariuma

Still, no real skateboarders are buying their shoes.

bipbopdoppel

• Rep: 0
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2023, 08:23:53 AM »
Im kinda curious on how well his Skateshop/s is doing as he has been so under the radar last couple of years, he is kind of flaunting his cash on instagram so i do have a hard time believing he went to Cariumba soley because of money.

In his Push documentary he do say that he wants to study economics to make a career for himself, did he fuck that up and took the easy route á la Cariumba?

oh and yeah, 60% vegan materials, 0 trees planted, the worst kind of marketing for skaters, weird non relevant collabs and either washed up pros on the team or some random instagram influencer. Cariuoomba is fucking wack

tadej Pog

« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2023, 09:18:07 AM »
Im kinda curious on how well his Skateshop/s is doing as he has been so under the radar last couple of years, he is kind of flaunting his cash on instagram so i do have a hard time believing he went to Cariumba soley because of money.

In his Push documentary he do say that he wants to study economics to make a career for himself, did he fuck that up and took the easy route á la Cariumba?

oh and yeah, 60% vegan materials, 0 trees planted, the worst kind of marketing for skaters, weird non relevant collabs and either washed up pros on the team or some random instagram influencer. Cariuoomba is fucking wack

It closed the doors from years. No more a deal.
Miss you Rusty Berings

QixHexagon

« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2023, 09:25:05 AM »

During Tampa streaming, some people were saying he and Lucas Rabelo cut the grass of a friend they have in common.

Luan on Gardena

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2023, 12:29:20 PM »
Damn…vallely, skate goat and luan!?! That team is stacked.