Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 177384 times)

GrayCellGreen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1770 on: June 08, 2023, 07:54:23 AM »
Expand Quote
I accidentally clicked on a rollerblade video and it’s not bad. Some of their tricks are kinda sick
[close]
Last year, I was taking a break at Pulaski, looked over to 13th street next to the plaza, and, out of nowhere, some rollerblader bombed the shit out of the hill in rush hour traffic. Through cars. Full speed. And went straight into Pennsylvania Ave moving traffic without looking/missing a beat. (Must of been doing it for blocks.) A friend looked at me and said "THAT WAS SICK" and he was right.

Hill bombing in rollerblades sounds absolutely batshit considering that the options to check your speed are somewhat limited.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1771 on: June 08, 2023, 08:07:36 AM »
yeah doing anything remotely gnarly on rollerblades would be scary, you really have to commit

i thought this brain dead/them skates edit from last year was cool

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 873
« Reply #1772 on: June 08, 2023, 08:31:17 AM »
yeah doing anything remotely gnarly on rollerblades would be scary, you really have to commit

Saw a video of someone with these types of skates just mashing shit and doing wallies super fast. Pretty cool but whenever I see rollerbladers dressed like this I just hear this in my head

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1773 on: June 08, 2023, 08:36:00 AM »
I eat rollerbladers for breakfast there so soft and sweet I suck them out of there rollerblades and raver fits like crawfish
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #1774 on: June 08, 2023, 12:03:47 PM »
Expand Quote
I accidentally clicked on a rollerblade video and it’s not bad. Some of their tricks are kinda sick
[close]

Skaters who are still upset about rollerbladers in 2023 are just sore winners. Skateboarding completely and totally won the fight to become the premier “xtreme” sport. We got the big brands, the celebrity skaters, the Olympics, everything. We salted the earth over rollerblading.

The battle is long over. Let them blade in peace.
Oh absolutely, they show up at parks here and they’re good people. I was just surprised I found the video engaging. At one point this dude was skating an18 (or so) stair rail and for whatever reason jumped like halfway down the stairs before landing on the rail. Like why air out that far? I don’t know how he didn’t get wrecked. It was fucking bonkers. I might even watch more.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1775 on: June 09, 2023, 04:10:12 AM »

Is this high level? Is this guy like the Leo Valls of rollerblading?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1776 on: June 09, 2023, 04:15:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Is this high level? Is this guy like the Leo Valls of rollerblading?

I've seen this guy before and yes, your assertion would be fitting...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #1777 on: June 09, 2023, 05:39:36 AM »
If you put all the biggest limo fans in a room together it would just be like 17 year olds and bald dudes in their early 30s
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1778 on: June 09, 2023, 05:41:07 AM »
If you put all the biggest limo fans in a room together it would just be like 17 year olds and bald dudes in their early 30s
Sounds like the fan base of every skate brand
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 747
« Reply #1779 on: June 09, 2023, 06:48:23 PM »
Shoes in 2023 are lookin like hell, terrible mixmatched colourways. Dunks maybe the worst offenders.

switchfakie

« Reply #1780 on: June 09, 2023, 07:36:12 PM »
Shoes in 2023 are lookin like hell, terrible mixmatched colourways. Dunks maybe the worst offenders.

just be hesh and skate the non-pro checkerboard slip on vans

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #1781 on: June 09, 2023, 09:48:01 PM »

Guilty as charged. Hair getting thinner every day and the Aaron loreth part gave me some stoke

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1782 on: June 13, 2023, 06:32:18 PM »
In 6 months SB dunks will be 80 bucks standard price. They will be the new Janowski. The last stand of skinny jeans dudes who rock the nyjahs will start wearing dunks. This will cause a rift in the space-time continuum. Front 3 shuvs will be the new holy grail. If you can do a front 360 shuv at 88mph, you can travel through time.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2261
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1783 on: June 13, 2023, 07:51:44 PM »
…If you can do a front 360 shuv at 88mph, you can travel through time.
Einstein level physics.
We’re talking Emmet L. Brown type of shit here.
Wild, baby.
Wild!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 629
« Reply #1784 on: June 18, 2023, 03:34:25 AM »
King of the road would be just as good or better without challenges about shit and piss.
I don't see the point of that really. Does it add anything for you guys? Was it to reach the non-skater audience that wants it to be closer to jackass?

Also about KOTR, crazy how Elijah Berle in 2015 seemed really cool and likeable.

truthislie

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1785 on: June 18, 2023, 05:04:01 AM »
Judging from the media coverage and just the pure skating aside no major skate event (Tampa pro, Cph open, Dime challenge...) seems like a place where I´d want to hang out. However I´m old af so considering this maybe the opinion isn´t that unpopular.

djoekr

• Rep: 324
« Reply #1786 on: June 18, 2023, 05:06:39 AM »
King of the road would be just as good or better without challenges about shit and piss.
I don't see the point of that really. Does it add anything for you guys? Was it to reach the non-skater audience that wants it to be closer to jackass?

Also about KOTR, crazy how Elijah Berle in 2015 seemed really cool and likeable.

It's pretty hellride though.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

lurkluke

• Rep: 195
« Reply #1787 on: June 18, 2023, 05:18:16 AM »

Been rewatching S1 too. Everyone loves Berle.

It's also crazy how dated it seems. All the shit and piss and makeout challenges etc.

switchfakie

« Reply #1788 on: June 18, 2023, 06:58:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Been rewatching S1 too. Everyone loves Berle.

It's also crazy how dated it seems. All the shit and piss and makeout challenges etc.

I was also rewatching KOTR & thought the doc made skaters look hesh in the uncool way

Shit didn’t age well at all

steezenking

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1789 on: June 20, 2023, 07:29:37 AM »
In 6 months SB dunks will be 80 bucks standard price. They will be the new Janowski. The last stand of skinny jeans dudes who rock the nyjahs will start wearing dunks. This will cause a rift in the space-time continuum. Front 3 shuvs will be the new holy grail. If you can do a front 360 shuv at 88mph, you can travel through time.

As someone who wears skinny jeans and is currently skating Nyjah 2's, I would love to be able to skate dunks again. Favorite shoe.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 289
« Reply #1790 on: June 20, 2023, 07:47:59 AM »
Judging from the media coverage and just the pure skating aside no major skate event (Tampa pro, Cph open, Dime challenge...) seems like a place where I´d want to hang out. However I´m old af so considering this maybe the opinion isn´t that unpopular.
I share this opinion. But i'm an old as well.

Similarly, a friend dropped this wisdom yesterday in regard to a widely attended event coming this Wednesday:  The number one rule of Go Skate Day...don't skate.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1791 on: June 20, 2023, 08:11:23 AM »

Can't speak for Tampa or CPH but the Dime challenge was an amazing time last year. Nothing too crazy just a hype crowd and a bunch of pro's killing it. They really did a great job producing it.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1792 on: June 20, 2023, 11:23:08 AM »
Expand Quote
There's a small but dedicated rollerblading community around here and I back them. Most of them have decent park etiquette and don't overwax stuff, and a handful of them have even contributed more to our DIY parks than some of the skaters that like to show up and whine about imperfections.
[close]

Same at my local park. They're all super nice, really good about not snaking skaters, and they're not risky if they do hit you unlike a BMX bike. They also mostly stick to a few things that people rarely skate.

I’ve gotten into it with a few of them for waxing the shit out of coping……it’s entitlement…they got posse’d up and got comfy and have no issue snapping back at a skater like me trying to tell them not to do something…..

Me: ‘you can wax the shit out of anything….just not coping….give it a few more years ok?’ 

‘This obstacle cannot contain  my abilities…..’ says this Kalis looking rollerblader….trying to 50-50 grind a block snd  half on a skate park quarter pipe…..

Then they started making fun of me for not landing my tricks…..

I don’t actually think they are lame but you can see what happens when people get together……

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #1793 on: June 20, 2023, 02:29:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Similarly, a friend dropped this wisdom yesterday in regard to a widely attended event coming this Wednesday:  The number one rule of Go Skate Day...don't skate.
This isn’t old man shit this is just pessimistic. Go to an event and let loose

switchfakie

« Reply #1794 on: June 20, 2023, 03:39:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i can sorta get this opinion bc a lot of the people who hang out that day are not good at skating so it can be embarrassing, but damn, even given that, we get one year out of the day to have fun with like minded people & homie decides to coolguy the entire scene theyre into? doesnt make sense

IpathCats

« Reply #1795 on: June 20, 2023, 04:35:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

i can sorta get this opinion bc a lot of the people who hang out that day are not good at skating so it can be embarrassing, but damn, even given that, we get one year out of the day to have fun with like minded people & homie decides to coolguy the entire scene theyre into? doesnt make sense

This made me lol

But I agree for sure

Had a great time at glory challenge

biaherl

• Rep: 270
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #1796 on: June 20, 2023, 08:02:18 PM »
Is my unpopular opinion as an old man is that I would love to go to Dime, CPH and Tampa Pro?

truthislie

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1797 on: June 21, 2023, 12:16:50 AM »
My post was not meant to be a jab at any of these events by the way. I still love to watch the videos, especially the skating part and what they come up with. It´s just the party side of things that would probably annoy my old ass. Constant drinking, shouting... In my 20s I´m sure I would have loved all of it.

IpathCats

« Reply #1798 on: June 21, 2023, 04:26:01 AM »
My post was not meant to be a jab at any of these events by the way. I still love to watch the videos, especially the skating part and what they come up with. It´s just the party side of things that would probably annoy my old ass. Constant drinking, shouting... In my 20s I´m sure I would have loved all of it.

I feel like you're not giving yourself enough credit. Just don't drink too much and find a decent place to spectate. Maybe have a cup of coffee and find some other old heads to stand/sit next to.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #1799 on: June 21, 2023, 05:27:44 AM »
I like go skateboarding day and look forward to seeing several friends today.