Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 177306 times)

manysnakes

Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #2670 on: September 20, 2023, 03:45:42 PM »
siracha sucks.

It’s fine but probably the most annoyingly overrated sauce in history.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #2671 on: September 20, 2023, 03:54:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Frog is a terrible name for a skateboard company. Throw in pizza and heroin too
[close]

Hey bud, take it to the popular opinion thread. I’ll meet you there and agree all three, and their art direction, are certified garbo.
[close]

Is not the whole point of frog that it's a bit dumb?

I back frog because whether it got big or not milic would probably still be doing it and skating exactly how he does even if nobody cared.  I remember when they first started it was like 3 boards and shirts with all the same graphic and milic’s personal gmail address. a skateboard company coming from nothing is the best kind.  Compare it to Numbers for contrast

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #2672 on: September 20, 2023, 04:05:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Frog is a terrible name for a skateboard company. Throw in pizza and heroin too
[close]

Hey bud, take it to the popular opinion thread. I’ll meet you there and agree all three, and their art direction, are certified garbo.
[close]

Is not the whole point of frog that it's a bit dumb?
That’s what I get from it. They’re celebrating phoning it in. I kinda like it and if I were 17 I would buy a tshirt

lurkluke

• Rep: 195
« Reply #2673 on: September 20, 2023, 04:52:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
siracha sucks.
[close]

[close]
Name something better. Since y’all dulberts  got sauces let’s hear them. Catch up? Mustarded?

I make my own hot sauce - buying sauce is for dweebs. Cool dudes spend all their free time in their kitchen worrying about fermented stuff.

manysnakes

« Reply #2674 on: September 20, 2023, 05:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
siracha sucks.
[close]

[close]
Name something better. Since y’all dulberts  got sauces let’s hear them. Catch up? Mustarded?

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 240
  • often correct
« Reply #2675 on: September 20, 2023, 07:46:31 PM »
Expand Quote
i don't think beatrice is a very good skateboarder but i don't think she's done anything to warrant 105 pages of vitriol and name-calling
[close]
I agree but I’m not sure it’s unpopular. Last I checked there it was like three weirdos having an extended argument but that was probably fifty pages ago
i dunno man, there’s currently an ongoing discussion as to if it’s okay to call her a “cunt” because she… made some snarky comment about the haters and hasn’t put out a part yet? like yeah, she’s the lifestyle pro and she doesn’t realize it, bad look, whatever. even the jason jessee threads didn’t hit 105 pages

lurkluke

« Reply #2676 on: September 20, 2023, 07:55:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i don't think beatrice is a very good skateboarder but i don't think she's done anything to warrant 105 pages of vitriol and name-calling
[close]
I agree but I’m not sure it’s unpopular. Last I checked there it was like three weirdos having an extended argument but that was probably fifty pages ago
[close]
i dunno man, there’s currently an ongoing discussion as to if it’s okay to call her a “cunt” because she… made some snarky comment about the haters and hasn’t put out a part yet? like yeah, she’s the lifestyle pro and she doesn’t realize it, bad look, whatever. even the jason jessee threads didn’t hit 105 pages

So bizarre growing up in NZ, then living in Aus most of my adult life, and seeing people all twisted up over the word "cunt".

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 338
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2677 on: September 20, 2023, 08:15:59 PM »
siracha sucks.

I've thought this since forever. Any Asian supermarket has a chilli sauce that is far better. Or just straight up raw chilli oil. Wait til you make a meal for some friends and they throw Siracha on without trying anything first. Horrific.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2678 on: September 20, 2023, 10:08:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Sounds like Lincoln/Douglas level debate

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #2679 on: September 21, 2023, 05:45:58 AM »

Totally agree. It's so kooky

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2680 on: September 21, 2023, 05:50:15 AM »
Arbys is very good, and have the best mozzarella sticks on the planet
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #2681 on: September 21, 2023, 05:58:54 AM »
Arbys is very good, and have the best mozzarella sticks on the planet
Arbys IS the best if you just avoid the beef.  Jamocha shakes and potato cakes.

ohtight

• Rep: 21
« Reply #2682 on: September 21, 2023, 06:15:12 AM »
Antonio durao is thoroughly uninteresting and if he didn’t have long hair he wouldn’t have the following he has now. That switch tre noseblunt was gross.
zzz

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2683 on: September 21, 2023, 07:20:41 AM »
Antonio durao is thoroughly uninteresting and if he didn’t have long hair he wouldn’t have the following he has now. That switch tre noseblunt was gross.

That's god damn wild but respect for having your opinion.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #2684 on: September 21, 2023, 07:58:00 AM »
i don't know about the hair but i feel like he often goes for really bad shoes / pants combos (those Jordan SB are awful), not the best style to me but i still enjoy watching him skate for the wild pop and tricks selection.
that trick was amazing

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #2685 on: September 21, 2023, 08:05:33 AM »
siracha sucks.

I recently bought a bottle for the first time in a few years and I'm thoroughly enjoying it again. It's definitely overhyped though and restaurants always try to include it in dishes it doesn't belong in. No, I don't want sriracha yum yum avocado sauce with my pork loin.

Anyone fuck with Dirty Dick's hot sauce? I love that one.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2686 on: September 21, 2023, 08:06:50 AM »
Expand Quote
I put pb in ramen for a bit of protein
[close]

Don't bunt, post a clip
Also been on this program for years but not the ramen you all have been talking about. I make it into a bit of a reduction with some Skippy using around a quarter cup of the boiled off water and half of the flavor packet. Orange and Blue work best for me but it works in all flavors.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2687 on: September 21, 2023, 08:27:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

So bizarre growing up in NZ, then living in Aus most of my adult life, and seeing people all twisted up over the word "cunt".
Interesting that people who live in different countries think differently about things. Who would have guessed.

manysnakes

« Reply #2688 on: September 21, 2023, 08:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Interesting that people who live in different countries think differently about things. Who would have guessed.

Fanny pack

lurkluke

« Reply #2689 on: September 21, 2023, 12:53:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

It is interesting thank you

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -417
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2690 on: September 22, 2023, 08:41:40 PM »
あなたの脳はピーナッツと死んだアリでいっぱいです

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2691 on: September 25, 2023, 05:00:15 PM »
Jeremy Wray is mad overrated and thinks way too highly of himself. Jocktastic. How come he be filming pat chinita it’s more than him?  Cuz Pat has that real talent. Like Jeremy could ollie high and was dumb enough to jump off some water tower for like 200$. And some props. And the cover of a dead ass magazine. Never soty. Lol
This is an unpopular opinion for sure

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2692 on: September 26, 2023, 10:02:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
siracha sucks.
[close]

[close]

Fly by jing sichuan chili crisp

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #2693 on: September 26, 2023, 01:37:30 PM »
Chad muska alien workshop is a board I would by cuz why the fuck he in Ohio anyways? That place sucks.

dude you live in riverside ?!

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #2694 on: September 26, 2023, 02:17:08 PM »
ohio is no joke a thousand times better than inland california and i hate ohio. have fun dying of drought for almond milk

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 43
« Reply #2695 on: September 26, 2023, 02:24:10 PM »

Ok I love it, that is a wild take. Wanna back it up with an unpopular opinion on someone you deem interesting? I need the full picture.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #2696 on: September 26, 2023, 03:33:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Chad muska alien workshop is a board I would by cuz why the fuck he in Ohio anyways? That place sucks.
[close]

dude you live in riverside ?!
[close]
I own a mansion in riverside. I live where ever I be at when I’m alive. Don’t hate on riverside. Ohio sucks whoser. What you skate? Some parking lot and some nasty crust? Fake hills. I skate with Forrest and we eat fruit like you every day. Why? Cuz that’s your egg. Baby I hatched too. Buy that bus ticket out all your clothes in a garbage bag and go west. Manifest destiny.
Skate or die

Oh word? Which part of town is this mansion located? Oh and what spots do you like to skate with Forrest? Genuinely curious

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
« Reply #2697 on: September 27, 2023, 04:52:05 AM »
it’s probably not unpopular, but I hate any manual trick where the person is wildly flailing their arms and body around to keep balance

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2698 on: September 27, 2023, 06:41:01 AM »
Sometimes you gotta fight for your manual….

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2699 on: September 27, 2023, 06:46:15 AM »
Sometimes you gotta fight for your manual….

I gotta deal with those dead weights that are my arms somehow... But I fully agree it looks shitty to do the wavy arm man.