Author Topic: THE PANDA IS DEAD: Louie Barletta, Samarria Brevard, Nestor Judkins of enjoi  (Read 42056 times)

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Goodbye enjoi…
Another broken heart on Valentine’s Day. I’m so sorry for leaving you. There were times I sacrificed everything for you. I loved you more than life, enjoi was my life. And what a life it has been. I wouldn’t trade what we had together for anything! ive learned so much on our journey together. I’ll always cherish the memories of seeing the kids grow into adults, and achieving their dreams. I’ll never forget the sorrow of losing team riders and loved ones passing away. I’m so thankful for you for creating videos and ads that will forever immortalize them and embody their spirit and passion forever. I’m so thankful that we can relive those memories and that they will live on forever in all those enjoi videos. Even though we are in a different place now, I am forever blessed to be able to look back and know even thru the tough times, we tried our best to stay true to what the brand was about, friendships and having fun. There will forever be a scar in my heart, reminding me of you. But I have to believe that my heart is now much bigger and more forgiving because of the wonderful time we spent together. Who knows, maybe we too can someday be like ben and j-lo, but for now, I must say goodbye as I pour myself a glass of red wine and slip my weary body into a nice warm bubbly tub to sooth my aching bones and drown my sorrows

edit:

Cheers to the good times! Life moves fast, so enjoi every moment that you can. It was an epic ride and I’m so happy to have been able to make some incredible memories with really rad people. Thank you for everything @enjoi

Edit 2:

17 years together, I couldn’t say goodbye till the end. Thank you for all the memories and all the friendships and all the laughter. Always be dealing with the heartbreak. It was my favorite company growing up and a dream come true to be there to witness bag of suck and all the changes since then- I always felt it’s important to identify with and care about a board sponsor more than just free decks and the sponsor hopping you see too often. I’m happy to have been able to feel proud of something for all that time even through the inevitable changes because the heart was always there. All my love to everyone at enjoi from 2006-23 who gave me this wonderful life.

I didn’t have the heart to paint over this whole graphic.

Edit 3: Gus Bus, Tony Lathan, and Andrea Benitez of ejoi

Thank you @enjoi for some of the best times of my life. Big shoutout to @louiebarletta @jeffdavis__ and the rest of the team for letting me tag along. 🧡 Ps I admit to the shit towel

great times ❤️ i bid you a farewell @enjoi

Thank you enjoi for being more than a family to me, for reminding me what skateboarding is about, taking me to randomest skate spots in America and for sure having the most fun. wishing you all the best of luck. Looking forward for what’s to come 🧡✨

Edit 4: Caswell Berry of enjoi

Say it ain’t so! I’m officially throwing the white flag in the air (a.k.a. quitting…)Enjoi. From 2003, when my friends excepted me into the fold and made me feel like I was home, to going to Ben’s funeral… To all the team managers I’ve spent many a drunken night with, laughing and telling stories… To the few brand managers I’ve spent drunken flights with, traveling all over this God damned planet we call earth… To every photographer I’ve ever shot with on any of the number of Enjoi trips… To every team member before my time(which was very few…) To every filmer that has filmed a trick of me for any Enjoi video project… To any shop that has bought my board…To anybody that has attended an Enjoi demo… this is for you. THANK YOU. I wouldn’t be here without any of you and your support. Maybe we will cross paths again. If not, it’ll be only in dreams.

Edit 5:

Jenkem: LOUIE BARLETTA ON LEAVING ENJOI AND WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2023/02/27/louie-barletta-on-leaving-enjoi-and-what-the-future-holds/

It’s been a while since a move shocked the skate industry, but just the other day, the announcement of Louie Barletta leaving enjoi hit a lot of 2000s skate babies in the gut. After years of being one of the key and influential figures of the company, Louie surprisingly dipped out on the brand he’s called home for decades.

For people who are a little more in the know, though, the move may not come as big of a surprise. There have been whispers of enjoi’s business being rocky after it changed ownership in 2019, but it’s safe to say nobody expected it to result in the unraveling of one of their most beloved brands.

Curious to get to the bottom of it all, we hit up Louie to see if he’d be willing to share a little insight on what exactly went down and to answer some of your questions.

Edit 6:

Jenkem: ENJOI, SELF DISCOVERY AND WHAT’S NEXT FOR DEEDZ

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2023/03/09/self-discovery-enjoi-and-whats-next-for-deedz/

Didrik Galasso is one of the most naturally talented skaters we have seen in a while, and as far as we can tell, it seems like he has everything going for him. He’s got a good-paying shoe sponsor, owns his own apartment in Norway, and regularly puts out clips filmed all across the world. Anyone who sees his life would think he’s living the dream we all strive for as kids when we first get into skating.

The tricky thing is that things aren’t always as they seem, and people only put as much of themselves out there as they are comfortable sharing. Going into this interview, we wanted to talk to Didrik about what he was planning to do now that enjoi seems done and dusted. We had no idea that the convo would bring up serious personal issues he’s faced with mental health, both because of the situation at enjoi and a mix of other intimate issues. Although we were a bit taken aback to hear about everything, we felt it was essential to hear him out and share his stories with you all.

It wasn’t until recently that skaters felt comfortable enough to discuss struggles like this publicly and this isn’t meant to be a sob story or guilt trip, but rather a reminder to look out for one another, talk about how you’re feeling, and look for support when you need it. Odds are, it’s right within arms reach and you don’t even know it.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 06:26:57 PM by yourbreakfsat »

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Louie Barletta of enjoi
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 10:11:51 AM »
Wow, end of an era.
Lou is a class fuckin act.
Can’t wait to see what he cooks up next.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Newphone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -534
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 10:12:21 AM »
Why don’t he Jerry and Marc just do something together? Are they allergic to taking my money?!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 10:14:07 AM »
a nice warm bubbly tub, huh

kinda like a...

some might call it a

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 10:14:10 AM »
It was only a matter of time. I remember someone mentioning in here that he has some other project in the works. Hopefully that works out for him.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 10:15:12 AM »
I think a bunch of us saw it coming, but it's still surreal to see it actually happen. Bag Of Suck is one of my favorite full lengths of all time and that'll probably always be true.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 10:16:33 AM »

kinda like a...

some might call it a
rhymes with snoozy.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 10:17:15 AM »
Damn RSVP Enjoi.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2023, 10:17:24 AM »
enjoi of enjoi

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2023, 10:19:42 AM »
would be cool if he went to sci-fi fantasy

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2023, 10:19:52 AM »
I could see him on krooked

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2023, 10:20:06 AM »
https://jacuzziunlimited.com

Site is up it appears?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2325
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2023, 10:22:53 AM »

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2023, 10:24:10 AM »
ki
Expand Quote
https://jacuzziunlimited.com

Site is up it appears?
[close]

I just bought these, I’ll let you guys know if Louie’s name appears on any of them when they get here, hopefully we can figure this all out.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2023, 10:28:43 AM »
Why don’t he Jerry and Marc just do something together? Are they allergic to taking my money?!

I mean if it were that easy Marc would've came back to Enjoi or Business and Co would've done well but you probably never bought anything either of them made, right?

Maybe Louie is the driving force Marc needs but idk I doubt it

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
  • ow
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2023, 10:34:21 AM »
Jealous of whoever got the wig

Tireeedd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2023, 10:36:31 AM »
we knew this for months but it doesn't make it hurt any less

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 35
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2023, 10:36:50 AM »
END OF AN ERA ...  :'(

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2023, 10:41:41 AM »
Probably because they rather be friends or at least not hate each other. Marc seems to not be the easiest to work with.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2023, 10:43:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean if it were that easy Marc would've came back to Enjoi or Business and Co would've done well but you probably never bought anything either of them made, right?

Maybe Louie is the driving force Marc needs but idk I doubt it

Why would you assume I’ve never bought their products?  I’d like to see all three together, think that would be marketable (more so than individually).

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
  • ow
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2023, 10:46:53 AM »
Samarria of too - the mass exodus continues

Cheers to the good times! Life moves fast, so enjoi every moment that you can. It was an epic ride and I’m so happy to have been able to make some incredible memories with really rad people. Thank you for everything @enjoi

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2023, 10:51:30 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]
Louie's post read more like enjoi of being a company than simply him being off. Specifically when he said maybe they can be like JLo and Ben in the future. Also I might just be not seeing it but seems like enjoi nuked their IG.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2023, 10:57:41 AM »

kinda like a...

some might call it a

I was hoping he wrote jacuzzi at the end when I was reading that. I wanted to write a jacuzzi comment but didn’t come up with anything witty enough.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2023, 10:59:37 AM »
Jealous of whoever got the wig

MJ definitely bought the wig.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2023, 11:03:40 AM »
we knew this for months but it doesn't make it hurt any less

IpathCats

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2023, 11:05:40 AM »
wow, didn't think i'd ever see this day.

Pour one out for louie, he's a taurus

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2023, 11:06:53 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Louie's post read more like enjoi of being a company than simply him being off. Specifically when he said maybe they can be like JLo and Ben in the future. Also I might just be not seeing it but seems like enjoi nuked their IG.
It's over. Hell of a run and I'm glad I got to exist at the same time as one of the best companies ever.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

OGmike

• Rep: 3
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2023, 11:08:30 AM »
so the corporate overlords just deaded all of enjoi? the instagram is gone

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2023, 11:08:52 AM »
@enjoi seems to have nuked their IG

edit: also in just other shitty dwindle moves. Their online store use to have free shipping on all orders, now its a $75 minimum

caked

• Rep: -44
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2023, 11:09:05 AM »
bummed, the enjoi panda was totally iconic when I started skating as a pre-teen. never skated an enjoi board but thought about buying a Samarria deck a handful of times. I hope she gets to shine on a new team. her and andrea benitez!

yeah the enjoi instagram is totally gone