Author Topic: Street Fighter Thread  (Read 2641 times)

MorningSesh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 75
Re: Street Fighter Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2023, 04:45:45 AM »
Solid SF6 discount: https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/6008-buy-steam-street-fighter-6-pc-game-steam/?igr=Xuses1
Coming from anime fgs, I decided to cop this because it simply looks a lot more fun and faster-paced than SFV did. Still trying to figure out a main. I really want to use JP but struggling a lot with this dude's combos. Also, Marisa is badass, considering using her too.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2023, 08:03:20 AM »
Solid SF6 discount: https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/6008-buy-steam-street-fighter-6-pc-game-steam/?igr=Xuses1
Coming from anime fgs, I decided to cop this because it simply looks a lot more fun and faster-paced than SFV did. Still trying to figure out a main. I really want to use JP but struggling a lot with this dude's combos. Also, Marisa is badass, considering using her too.

I’ve decided Marisa will be my second. She’s got a solid move set that deals a lot of damage.

JP is highly complex and a lot like Menat in special moves.

Dee Jay looks dope.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2023, 08:17:15 AM »
Marisa is beast, she has a 7000 damage combo...

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -19
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2023, 08:32:20 AM »
Yall ever play against that DarkSydePhil fella?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2023, 08:52:56 AM »
I love that Manon’s throws take away more damage the more you use them. Her kick attacks are very useful too.

I like that this game seems to reward non-projectile characters, and L and M strikes more.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2023, 06:07:02 AM »
Was playing a lot of Manon but I’m switching to Lily because I feel like everyone is Manon, and it’s a very boring mirror match.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2023, 06:34:54 AM »
Was playing a lot of Manon but I’m switching to Lily because I feel like everyone is Manon, and it’s a very boring mirror match.

I’ve only faced one Manon and beat them all 3 times.

I’ve beaten the Kimberly too.

I couldn’t beat the only Cammy I faced.

I notice more Ken’s than anything.

World Tour mode is amazing. Glad they added that to the game.

Playing OG Final Fight and beating it in-game was an amazing bonus.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2023, 08:12:46 AM »
We need Yun back in the mix as a Season 3 new character.

https://youtu.be/SVBAETtegqc

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2023, 07:23:50 AM »
Shout outs to @rawbertson. for being all up in the E. Honda discord when I was lurking for some info on his neutral.

The Japanese players are saying Honda is hella strong. I think his OD headbutt is a scrub killer, but I’m not seeing how he’s one of the best.  The way the game is currently played, the zoning characters (JP, Guile, DeeJay, Dhalsim) are running shit, with the hybrid grapplers (Manon, Lily) a notch below that.

You seem to be the most advanced on here, what’s your take?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2023, 07:45:37 AM »
From what I can tell every character seems well designed and its pretty well balanced!
I havent even played against a dhalsim yet so no idea how good he is

I think Manon seems super strong because to me it feels like she can control the pace of the match very well. If you let her get up to level 5 you are absolutely fucked. command grab takes 33%!  I started to figure out the matchup a bit more towards the end of the set and was able to keep the set fairly close.

I played against a really good Ken this morning and he definintely has a great neutral. he has all the tools to get in and do stupid damage. Guy cleaned me out from 60% a few times off drive rush into a Low  ;D  Im pretty sure every character can deal 50% pretty easily so i cant even say that makes him stand out.

Honda seems a lot better to me because a lot of the things he is lacking in most games is not an issue here. i dont know if hes top tier but i think he is probably easy to figure out a pretty solid game plan with early in the life of the game to body people while they are still new! he is usually a more 1 dimensional kind of character with simple game plan.

in old games, a lot of time it is hard for honda to convert to big damage unless he gets right up close to you. not in 6. hands always reaches, headbutt always combos, or buttslam, its amazing. also if you are walking forwards, his st HP is very good but also you have access to parry in case the angle is wrong to use that button (which often happens). you actually have to COUNTER PLAY headbuts and buttslams instead of just block and punish. SF4 was kind of a mix of that but 5 was just stupid. had to spend ex bar to get in and characters with a parry or AA V Skill just shat on ex buttslam hard. also you can cancel off mediums now which honda has never had - one of the big reasons he needed to be closer to nail the jab. so you missed out on so many good punishes cause all you got was a shitty st MP for like 60 damage when some char got full combo into set play.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2023, 08:06:09 AM »
From what I can tell every character seems well designed and its pretty well balanced!
I havent even played against a dhalsim yet so no idea how good he is

I think Manon seems super strong because to me it feels like she can control the pace of the match very well. If you let her get up to level 5 you are absolutely fucked. command grab takes 33%!  I started to figure out the matchup a bit more towards the end of the set and was able to keep the set fairly close.

I played against a really good Ken this morning and he definintely has a great neutral. he has all the tools to get in and do stupid damage. Guy cleaned me out from 60% a few times off drive rush into a Low  ;D  Im pretty sure every character can deal 50% pretty easily so i cant even say that makes him stand out.

Honda seems a lot better to me because a lot of the things he is lacking in most games is not an issue here. i dont know if hes top tier but i think he is probably easy to figure out a pretty solid game plan with early in the life of the game to body people while they are still new! he is usually a more 1 dimensional kind of character with simple game plan.

in old games, a lot of time it is hard for honda to convert to big damage unless he gets right up close to you. not in 6. hands always reaches, headbutt always combos, or buttslam, its amazing. also if you are walking forwards, his st HP is very good but also you have access to parry in case the angle is wrong to use that button (which often happens). you actually have to COUNTER PLAY headbuts and buttslams instead of just block and punish. SF4 was kind of a mix of that but 5 was just stupid. had to spend ex bar to get in and characters with a parry or AA V Skill just shat on ex buttslam hard. also you can cancel off mediums now which honda has never had - one of the big reasons he needed to be closer to nail the jab. so you missed out on so many good punishes cause all you got was a shitty st MP for like 60 damage when some char got full combo into set play.

Manon’s drive impact can take out Honda’s headbutt and Marisa’s Superman punch.

I’m seriously tempted to sign up for Evo and fly to Vegas with how much fun I have command grabbing people to 5 medals.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2023, 08:44:06 AM »
jsut be careful the OD Superman actually breaks armor
but yeah anyones drive impact can eat the headbutt, but you have to press it really early so honda cant recover

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2023, 11:38:43 AM »
Classic or Modern?

I play Classic.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2023, 04:59:20 AM »
Classic. Doesn't seem like it would be as satisfying to land combos on modern.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2023, 11:03:17 PM »
I've been playing SF6 a bit lately and getting the hang of it. I started out with Classic controls but after getting my ass kicked several times I decided to switch to Modern. It didn't take that long to get used to and now I'm playing much better than before. I still get beat a lot in Ranked and Casual matches but not as badly as when I first started. If anyone wants to play sometime, DM so we can exchange profile names.

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 91
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2023, 08:12:27 PM »
Played a bit with my friend on his PC. It seems kinda slow. Visuals are real nice at 4K tho.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2023, 09:22:25 AM »
I reverted to Classic controls for SF6 once I found out that takes more of your opponent's life with each hit than Modern. I'm currently Iron in Ranked Matches and in the upper 1000s to lower 2000s.

Trying to rank up with Ryu and I really need some tips for escaping people who fight close and keep throwing and grappling you over and over with characters like Manon, Juri, Kimberly and Jamie.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2023, 09:42:40 AM »
I made it to Silver 5 with Manon and proceeded to lose 20 matches in a row. I’m currently back to Silver 2.

Still not switching my main.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2023, 07:23:43 AM »
we have a discord going to line up matches if you guys use that
https://discord.gg/TtAF4cD3

add me on CFN : Rawbertson
will invite you to a lobby if i see ya online

i only check this thread every once in awhile. stokedto see more people enjoying the game though. Myself and FuzzGnu just got to master recently :)

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2023, 07:28:35 AM »
we have a discord going to line up matches if you guys use that
https://discord.gg/TtAF4cD3

add me on CFN : Rawbertson
will invite you to a lobby if i see ya online

i only check this thread every once in awhile. stokedto see more people enjoying the game though. Myself and FuzzGnu just got to master recently :)

Nice

I have no time to devote to labbing and doing combo trials since I also train in 2 martial arts in real life and play an instrument on top of work, skating, and home life. It’ll take a really long time before I get to Master.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2023, 07:35:38 AM »
for sure, i have been playing for a long time and i was lucky to have my main available right out the gate

i am down to run random select though etc. to give you more of a chance !

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2023, 07:37:33 AM »
for sure, i have been playing for a long time and i was lucky to have my main available right out the gate

i am down to run random select though etc. to give you more of a chance !

I’m pretty bummed on Capcom.

I bought the Deluxe edition and can’t access Rashid.

I’m really curious about AKI. I’m hoping she’ll be the new Vega type.

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2023, 08:51:54 PM »
Just bought sf6 a couple weeks ago, only have smash bros on my fighter resume n  sf6 seems so deep but thats what i like in a game. Just dont really get when theres a million combos when ur meant to use certain ones etc, like are there a huge chunk of them that never really get used? Just going off what the combo trials is showing me. Gonna be a cammy main i think
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2023, 08:53:23 PM »
also do pros that use controller strictly use the classic controller mapping? was thinking wondering whether i should learn on modern controls or bite the bullet n start from the ground up w classic
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2023, 07:24:09 AM »
There’s no way most of those combos in combo trial are actually practical or even doable in regular gameplay.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2023, 09:51:12 PM »
Made it to Bronze level in Ranked Matches. The level of fighting here is a lot tougher. Playing people online is way more nerve wracking than playing the AI!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2023, 07:45:57 AM »
I was always jealous of the kids who ripped at SF2 at the local video rental shop.  A crowd would gather to watch them all play each other, but the game has always seemed so inpenetrable to me.  People talking about frames & shit, crazy stuff.  Love the idea of Streetfighter though, and 2s artstyle is so sick.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2023, 11:03:49 PM »
Made it to Silver the other day. Now I'm in the low 5000s. Ryu's my main. Tonight I beat someone who was playing with Blanka and had a rank in the 6000s. I'm starting to get dangerously addicted to this game.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2023, 11:57:11 AM »
Made it to Silver the other day. Now I'm in the low 5000s. Ryu's my main. Tonight I beat someone who was playing with Blanka and had a rank in the 6000s. I'm starting to get dangerously addicted to this game.

I’ve thought about going back to Ryu who was my longtime main.

Now that he has the Shin Shoryuken back, it’s tempting. I used to do so much damage with that super in SF3 and SF4.

Only things stopping me are he seems slower in this game, Manon is so much fun to use, and her medal system scares even higher level players. You could lose the first round with her and still go into the 2nd Ed with 3-5 medals.